Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

9 hours ago, Mascarino said:

This game is almost closed to solo players. 

Wonder if dedicated solo players might form a clan which only acts as a friend to a port-owning clan?  A traditional clan might open their shipyard to a group of lone wolves if they offered to screen for the occasional port battle.  Call themselves SOLO or something ("Sons of Liberty Online").  Or charge a fee.

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wonder if dedicated solo players might form a clan which only acts as a friend to a port-owning clan?  A traditional clan might open their shipyard to a group of lone wolves if they offered to screen for the occasional port battle.  Call themselves SOLO or something ("Sons of Liberty Online").  Or charge a fee.

Thats the opposite of solo isn't it? 

• Like 1

Well, they wouldn't operate as a clan.  Don't even have to talk to each other, antisocial bastards that they are.  Sail by, give each other the finger, just kick in $50,000 a week into the port-owners coffers to maintain access to ass-kicking ships.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Well, they wouldn't operate as a clan.  Don't even have to talk to each other, antisocial bastards that they are.  Sail by, give each other the finger, just kick in $50,000 a week into the port-owners coffers to maintain access to ass-kicking ships.

lmao you are literally describing many clans in the game right now :P

16 hours ago, Meraun said:

iam a 100% sure  the Leadership in the Russian Clans is aware of that problem. And RvR is done accordingly.

Pretty sure they are not, after Prussia beat Spain in 2 PB's the Russians forced the Spanish to fight ("Take Prussian Ports or we will take yours", Spanish in Ships Produced in Vera Cruz) they attack Spain now to get rid of the Prussian Ports up there.

• Like 2

bcc9259f8de4dc222cf6433e14b9e0ce.png

kek

34 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

Pretty sure they are not, after Prussia beat Spain in 2 PB's the Russians forced the Spanish to fight ("Take Prussian Ports or we will take yours", Spanish in Ships Produced in Vera Cruz) they attack Spain now to get rid of the Prussian Ports up there.

hmm

36748c88620e972a974325f6cfef3023.png

Edited by Beeekonda

11 hours ago, van der Clam said:

The Rat nation has a 1 man clan that capped 2 ports. He just asked for help, so many of us did. It's doable.

Someone like that is not a proper solo player. Solo players rarely interact with anyone. They don't use the forums in most cases. They just keep to themselves. There are actually no real solo players left in open sea. Few years back there were a few but reinforcments drove them away. The game is not designed for solo players. There is nothing compeditve about it anymore. Whoever grinds the most wins. This is an obvious fact. I sank to a player yesterday that I must have smashed 10 times in the open sea. He won because he farmed mods and ships. Fair play. He did what was required. For a player like me there is not alternative other than medium guns and no mods atm. I don't have the time. I don't want to grind just to get long guns. The 1 or 2 hours I have a day will not be wasted on the worst designed eco I have ever seen in my life. It's designed for clans like bf with 200 members to farm marks from seal clubbing. The game is a time sink and there is nothing fun in grinding. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, History said:

Someone like that is not a proper solo player. Solo players rarely interact with anyone. They don't use the forums in most cases. They just keep to themselves. There are actually no real solo players left in open sea. Few years back there were a few but reinforcments drove them away. The game is not designed for solo players. There is nothing compeditve about it anymore. Whoever grinds the most wins. This is an obvious fact. I sank to a player yesterday that I must have smashed 10 times in the open sea. He won because he farmed mods and ships. Fair play. He did what was required. For a player like me there is not alternative other than medium guns and no mods atm. I don't have the time. I don't want to grind just to get long guns. The 1 or 2 hours I have a day will not be wasted on the worst designed eco I have ever seen in my life. It's designed for clans like bf with 200 members to farm marks from seal clubbing. The game is a time sink and there is nothing fun in grinding. 

at some point i can agree with you

time factor. x member numbers. makes the game unbalanced for getting books, mods or doubloons or upgrades . therefore the acces to become competitive is crooked even for medium or small sized clans

the only solution is to make the access for these kind of mods books accessible for a bigger majority 

i see also small groups with no access to special books or guns or mods.  and larger groups with all the books already.

what will make the gap between noobies and single players  or small clans at a certain point so big  it will become unplayable  at some point 

and i can imagine they are the first victims to leave the game for what it is and quit from the game in the long run (i already see a decline of 8 % ) and that nummer will increase in the next couple of weeks as the gap becomes bigger on the acces of the goody goody stuff. 

the upgrades ,books, and mods need to become faster accessible for the majority of small clans or single players or we lose players rapidly.

also 15 % of the veteran players before the release ar not returning after release  just because of this particular phenomenon. they consider the grind to much ,too long and to unbalanced. to become competitive in the long run.

if you bring a ferrari to the workshop and the outcome after service  is a Lada 2005  you drive to the scrapyard (for demolition) in a single journey and ask for 39 bucs

if you have the "reaals" you can buy the world , but not in this game (in EVE i can buy EVE rything,  skill books by the millions)

Edited by Thonys

This game is not designed for solo players. They can't have access to all necessary currencies of the game (reals, doublons, medals and victory marks). If they spend time in trade missions, they won't get medals and VM's. If they spend time in patrols, they'll get medals and be short of everything else. They can buy VM's at a tremendous high price, and they will never get port bonuses. 

The only thing for them are DLC ships.

5 hours ago, History said:

Cmon... You dont need craft 24/7 to have long guns and good upgrades. You just need Hercules or Pandora with medium guns and 1 week with 2-3 hours per day + 150 russian noobs west of tumbado. Or dutch in les cayes.  After 1 week you will have so many good ships /CM/Upgrades abd dubs... I didn't craft anything. Moscalb had to craft only 1 ship. All what we have start with medium guns Hercules. NA are friendly for solo players with good skills now more then 2 years ago I think. 2 years ago you must run from 25 ships after each battle. Now you can easy find some fun for solo/duo/small group. And finally take this f*c*ing books in LT. 

Edited by dron44I
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, History said:

4 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

This game is not designed for solo players. They can't have access to all necessary currencies of the game (reals, doublons, medals and victory marks). If they spend time in trade missions, they won't get medals and VM's. If they spend time in patrols, they'll get medals and be short of everything else. They can buy VM's at a tremendous high price, and they will never get port bonuses. 

The only thing for them are DLC ships.

Yet, as I said we have a solo player who is doing well. He even PvPs like a boss. No idea if his ships are port bonus, but I'd imagine so. He has access to reals by missions, dbls, like everyone else, medals by missions and pvp zone, and VMs by PBs he gets in, altho once a port has forts, there's no need for them any more. Either be a solo player and quit without adapting, or adapt and keep playing. Solo works if you adapt.

2 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

And yet, your "duo" only uses ships with all port bonus maxed and best modules money can buy. 

I think his point is that a Solo player doesn't mean they can't buy stuff. 

What's wrong with a solo player buying from a player selling a ship made off the backs of multiple people?

18 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

And yet, your "duo" only uses ships with all port bonus maxed and best modules money can buy. 

Sure.  How we get it all? Easy. I ganked British fir/fir trinc with my Hercules. On this trinc with Moscalb fir/crew space belle we went to danmark. Near La Mona we capted purple connie with full bonuses and after that went to dutch. There we capter 3 purple wasas with Naval Clocks and good bonuses in one day. Its all way from medium guns herk to best ships with best upgrades. I turn herk with medium guns to wasa with naval clock and long guns for 5 hours. 2 players. 5 hours. 2 shit free ships and 10 noobs on our way.  No craft. Only pvp.   Not fair to say that game doesn't let  solo players have best of the best. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, dron44I said:

Cmon... You dont need craft 24/7 to have long guns and good upgrades. You just need Hercules or Pandora with medium guns and 1 week with 2-3 hours per day + 150 russian noobs west of tumbado. Or dutch in les cayes.  After 1 week you will have so many good ships /CM/Upgrades abd dubs... I didn't craft anything. Moscalb had to craft only 1 ship. All what we have start with medium guns Hercules. NA are friendly for solo players with good skills now more then 2 years ago I think. 2 years ago you must run from 25 ships after each battle. Now you can easy find some fun for solo/duo/small group. And finally take this f*c*ing books in LT. 

Sorry dron. The battle I lost yesterday has put me into a bit of a naval action depression. I uninstall the game today, call it shit, blame the devs for breaking game and then I will install and play again tomorrow.

• Like 1