Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

4 hours ago, Mascarino said:

We are talking about new players that want to start playing solo or about 2 players that play this game for 3 years of alpha stage? If it's the latter, I agree with you.

Sure. Solo new player never have all so fast. But @Reverse showed all on the stream how new player can farm fast. 12k reals for cerberus+ 1 hour in patrol zone = 6 CM. 6 CM= 450k reals= trincomale with port bonuses. 1 hour = good frigate. It was impossible 2 years ago, but now it's.  If new player want he can. If he live in information vacuum he never find  ship better then npc frigate. 

When I start play I was farming 1 week for trincomalee. Now it's 1 hour + time to build outpost in freetown. 

13 hours ago, dron44I said:

Sure. Solo new player never have all so fast. But @Reverse showed all on the stream how new player can farm fast. 12k reals for cerberus+ 1 hour in patrol zone = 6 CM. 6 CM= 450k reals= trincomale with port bonuses. 1 hour = good frigate. It was impossible 2 years ago, but now it's.  If new player want he can. If he live in information vacuum he never find  ship better then npc frigate. 

When I start play I was farming 1 week for trincomalee. Now it's 1 hour + time to build outpost in freetown. 

Wait? Reverse is a new player? You know that the devs nor you or I hmcan judge how difficult it is for a new player. If I wanted to I could probably get max rank and most of the mods in 24 hours game time yes. That doesn't mean a new player can do it in simular time. 

Back in 2016 I leveled Bill Kerman. It took me 18 steam ingame hours or so. At this time new players said it was taking them 100+ hours to do the same. This is 5 times faster. 

You, the devs and myself have no idea how new players experience the game. Our personal experience is irrelevant. I read reviews and it all seems overwhelming for them. When we were newbs the game was very simple. Sure max rank in 2016 took more time than even now with 400+ hours minimum for newb but there was only one thing to grind too. Rank. Now we have ports, Buildings, ship slots, books, cm, reals and victory marks. Everything is so much. The ui is more complex than alpha ui. Ui should be simple and give you max information on first sight. 

Newbs have no idea where to begin so don't pretend we have any idea. 

• Like 6

I wasn't going to post it (at least not in this thread), as its not too spectacular, but since @King of Crowns actually posted the second battle of his "war" with pirates, calling it the first battle, I thought I should post this to jog his memory. This was the 'first' battle of his war, fought less than an hour before the battle he posted:

74FC8CFF3FE5FC183771D5D5781DCCA7C390D479

This was the Trinco we sunk:

8C2C89A1E29F96A3974A619DA177E5D5E8CD623B

Ouch....I almost feel bad for the guy....almost.  That was a nice Trinc.

Also it should be noted that KoC's Pavel was a purple elite drop. RIP

Also RIP my cag/fir USS United States, she will not be missed, (but I probably could have saved it if I hadn't fatfingered 5/2 instead of 5/1 in the battle that KoC posted). 

• Like 7

Port Battle for Rio Seco:
ATTACKERS: Pirates
DEFENDERS: United States
OUTCOME: Pirates Win

Despite overwhelming numbers and two nations screening against us, the Pirates managed to get in and win the battle. So satisfying to watch the US and Dutch fail at screening.

Much of the battle was spent with the fleets kiting around each other. Props to the US for making a pretty line (and once again proving how useless a line is against an enemy who intends to counter it with a brawl). When the fighting happened, their line fell apart and we managed to sink their Bellona. More kiting ensued, but the final few minutes were spent in a close-quarters brawl, where we sank a Wasa. Tip of the hat to our brave captains who contested the circles until reinforcements arrived to sink the enemy there.

FC622E8E57B2DECC64512D19977168A391CA4A27

And a nice little fight after the battle. Screenshot is a little confusing, but I was in the Wasa, CheekyBreeky in the Herc (without hull reps). We sank the Rat and capped the Trinc. It had naval clock on it so I took it home. The old Wasa made it home safely too. 

35765F7A14D3BEC183471311AC4098558D0597AE

#outsmartthezerg #creatingcontent #failedscreeningattempt

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Koveras said:

This req intimate knowledge of the economics of the game, the patrolzones and of PvP combat. New players won't have this. 

Besides - where's the fun going to a patrolzone in a storebought cerb, when u know u're coming up against OP port bonus playercrafted ships? - u can't even be sure to make 5k damage before u're sunk, especially if u're not russian since the russians basically just pile in on every close (BR vs BR) battle in the Nassau zone - effectively the only zone where a cerb would be able to stand its own in the current damagemodel.

much better to sit on the forum. Here you can accurately fill a lot of damage.
I took the ship, went into the zone, made a couple of shots and drowned - that’s 20k damage to you.
I spent 30k reals. Earn 500k in 40 minutes

Oks, more than 40 min, but it was very fun(some problem with this stream, sorry fo that):

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 2

Just now, Routan said:

Well now,  I actually play with Koveras and know he do go to the PZ. We go together to both Nassau and Deadman. We get oure damage and from time to time a decent battle where we only have to fight 2 vs 5-6 Russians. Most time it is 2 vs 6-8 and ofc for some reason other Nations often join Russia. But neither he ore I complain abouth it, as we neither complained when you took 2 rate to kill us in the Aves PZ.

He and I will easy survive in this game, but to compare top player achivement and say new guys easy can do it to. Thats plain wrong.

no, this is very easy, for new players too. 

I have one of the biggest communities(clan) in the game. And of course a lot of newbies. Those guys who listen to my advice. They walk and get a lot of damage and a lot of combat medals.
That's why I know what I'm talking about and these are not empty words.

I can show this in stream again and again. 

30k reals + 1 hour game = many experience + many combat medals = reals\doublons

more experience = more demage in next battle = more CM = more good ships

more good ships + more experience = more and more fun and CM\doulobns\reals 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

no, this is very easy, for new players too.

Stop talking about new players.

New player (who has just bought the game) don't know what is patrol zone. They don't know about tutorial. They do not know how to change the language.

No one knows what new players feel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Stop talking about new players.

New player (who has just bought the game) don't know what is patrol zone. They don't know about tutorial. They do not know how to change the language.

No one knows what new players feel.

stop talking about new players. If you do not communicate and do not have the experience of communicating with a large number of new players.

Но я не спорю с тем фактом, что игра не приветлива к новичкам. Но есть достаточное количество старых игроков, которые быстро могут посодействовать в развитии новичков. Если у тех есть желание. 

И я больше вас знаю, что чувствуют новые игроки, так как с многими из них общаюсь. Включая мои стримы. 

7 hours ago, William Death said:

Port Battle for Rio Seco:
ATTACKERS: Pirates
DEFENDERS: United States
OUTCOME: Pirates Win

Despite overwhelming numbers and two nations screening against us, the Pirates managed to get in and win the battle. So satisfying to watch the US and Dutch fail at screening.

Much of the battle was spent with the fleets kiting around each other. Props to the US for making a pretty line (and once again proving how useless a line is against an enemy who intends to counter it with a brawl). When the fighting happened, their line fell apart and we managed to sink their Bellona. More kiting ensued, but the final few minutes were spent in a close-quarters brawl, where we sank a Wasa. Tip of the hat to our brave captains who contested the circles until reinforcements arrived to sink the enemy there.

FC622E8E57B2DECC64512D19977168A391CA4A27

And a nice little fight after the battle. Screenshot is a little confusing, but I was in the Wasa, CheekyBreeky in the Herc (without hull reps). We sank the Rat and capped the Trinc. It had naval clock on it so I took it home. The old Wasa made it home safely too. 

35765F7A14D3BEC183471311AC4098558D0597AE

#outsmartthezerg #creatingcontent #failedscreeningattempt

Dutch did screen but the pirates STILL had superior numbers to the US and Dutch put together as far as I could tell.

Smashing the US just isn't cool anymore. VCO has been clubbing the living shit out of the US for over a year and will probably never stop jerking off about it.

The US fleet in the PB is noticeably inferior, it has Pandora, Trincos etc. They haven't managed to scrape together a ship of the line PB fleet after a month of the game being released. This is a major victory in the sense that taking candy from a baby is such a one sided affair you could call that a major victory.

5 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

Но я не спорю с тем фактом, что игра не приветлива к новичкам. Но есть достаточное количество старых игроков, которые быстро могут посодействовать в развитии новичков. Если у тех есть желание. 

И я больше вас знаю, что чувствуют новые игроки, так как с многими из них общаюсь. Включая мои стримы. 

Со многими? Это какой процент от только что купивших?

Или может ты по своим стримам скажешь?

Я согласен, что твой стрим один из самых популярных по этой игре. Но за 30 дней в среднем его смотрели 29 человек с пиком 125.

5 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

much better to sit on the forum. Here you can accurately fill a lot of damage.
I took the ship, went into the zone, made a couple of shots and drowned - that’s 20k damage to you.
I spent 30k reals. Earn 500k in 40 minutes

Oks, more than 40 min, but it was very fun(some problem with this stream, sorry fo that):

CRMwUCbWFOCYKjDs-Region.png

July 8, 2019

This stream will become increasingly less relevant as more crafted Surprises participate, and as people organize more teams because smaller groups get smashed.

Edited by Tenet

43 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Со многими? Это какой процент от только что купивших?

Или может ты по своим стримам скажешь?

Я согласен, что твой стрим один из самых популярных по этой игре. Но за 30 дней в среднем его смотрели 29 человек с пиком 125.

что ты всё в свои цыфарки сводишь. Я еще раз тебе напишу:
Я общаюсь с большим количеством новичков, чем конкретно ты. И более владею достоверной информацией, чем опять же, твои цыфарки. 

И твои  цыфарки опять же идут по изде, так как:
Average Viewers 70, Max viewers: 225

Я понимаю что это мало, есть куда стремится, но это всего лишь пример, что твои цыфарки могут быть не верны.

Edited by Captain Reverse

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

The US fleet in the PB is noticeably inferior, it has Pandora, Trincos etc. They haven't managed to scrape together a ship of the line PB fleet after a month of the game being released. This is a major victory in the sense that taking candy from a baby is such a one sided affair you could call that a major victory.

US fleet had slightly higher BR at the start of battle. US brought 2 first rates, Pirates brought 1. The number of second, third and fourth rates balanced out, which produced the nearly equal BR, with a slight US lead. Both teams employed light frigates to fill out the Battle Rating limit. 

You are a special kind of liar, a liar that posts the screenshot that refutes their own lies in their own post.

You think we are all stupid and will read your misleading words instead of the screenshots. Shame.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/348809523454148612/599833469371023360/20190714002053_1.jpg  

This is before mentioning the # of first rates the Dutch have parked in US lands. 

The Dutch presence is leading to this conflict. US were fooled into starting a fire in their own back yard, now their house is on fire.

giphy.gif

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 1