Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming shipbuilding changes [Heavily Moderated]

Why should every single person have automatic access to something that was earned with a lot of effort by a group of very dedicated and skilled players?

I don't get that mindset. Like, at all.

What is so bad about people getting rewards for doing something special?

I Don't have any problem with people receiving anything especial. EXCEP SHIPS, and where did you see me talking anything about everyone automaticly having access to something?

Edited by ArmoredKorps

After the last special event happend and neither French, Denmark or Sweden had a l'Ocean blueprint we tried to buy one from you for over 200 Million, collected from multiple clans. Guess what your answer was: No, we dont want to give one to the enemy!

And now after you lost a port battle with even numbers you start crying ...

Seems like having a disadvantage is fine as long as its not in your country  :)

A really odd response:

A: I "never" had a L'Ocean blueprint

B: I can see why someone who did wouldn't want to sell it for any price - why you whine about that IDK

C: I paid the same $ for my copy of the game as you did yours - to be fair we should get exactly the same access to "gear", "good gear" and "better gear"

If the dev's want to set up this game as a skill based tournament only game, I can't stop them - my opinion is they will wall off the game from thousands of casual players who just want some fun and to sail a pixel ship for an hour or two after work. If they do I think they should warn potential buyers, as I will in my modified review.

If you don't like my opinion please just show me reasons I'm wrong instead of whining that I am whining

Erhm lulz? 

Come on people. 

You didn't complain when only the British and the US had L'Ocean BP? 

You didn't complain about L'Ocean being OP when only your "alliance" had access to the ship. 

But suddenly, when the enemy can make L'Ocean it is unfair and the ship is totally OP. 

I think they mean post patch oceans, the problem with that is no one cared about the ocean or the agga until one was build with strong hull.  Agga with strong hull has more armor then a non strong hull 1st rate.  It's the perk not the ship that should be discussed.  Ocean is fine as a ship id rather have a vic anyway as anything closer to the wind then beam is painful (well more painful) in an ocean.

finally

2 tier ship system.

This is the best news for crafting.

I personally think its the best way.  

Just make sure rare is rare  like 1 to a 1000 000.   so no one will bring 25 rare ships to a post battle.  

why? RvR and PvP players will always do what it takes to get the best ships

I think it would be better to make a ship a ship and upgrade them via a crew exp system similar to the officer system we have now rather then with the trims and non perm upgrades.  Really how much difference is there between a french 74 and a British one?  Not all that much compared to the crew, experienced crews made more battles one sided then better ships.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 1

why? RvR and PvP players will always do what it takes to get the best ships

I think it would be better to make a ship a ship and upgrade them via a crew exp system similar to the officer system we have now rather then with the trims and non perm upgrades. Really how much difference is there between a french 74 and a British one? Not all that much compared to the crew, experienced crews made more battles one sided then better ships.

Now this I could get behind. A ship is a ship. Trims are the only choice to make when crafting, and then get rid of upgrades entirely. Then tune the officer perks to be the method for customizing ships to certain gameplay styles.

Leave NPC ships (bought or captured) but they only ever have 1 dura, while player crafted ships can get the extra dura like we have now.

A simpler system is probably a better system at this point, and at the end of the day it is really becoming apparent that upgrades and the number of slots is increasingly creating issues with ship crafting that otherwise wouldn't exist.

Edited by Helbent

- the Russian Pirates [RUBLI] getting "special" ships (Santa Cecilia).

- the Russian Danes [RUS] getting "Special" ships (Strong Hull L'Ocean).

- and the removal of any usefulness of screening fleets because the dev's allowing "Log in to port battle" mechanics by Russian [RUS] attackers.

You might as well wipe me RIGHT NOW - I am done testing the "Russians [RUBLI] [RUS] Win" game.

Red Text = Accusation of Russian Bias.

Wow, what a bone headed dude you turn out to be - I simply dislike the Russian clans having unfair advantages "IN GAME" and you trundle out xenophobia? WTF?

Red Text = Accusation of Russian Bias.

Tommy

The thread asks for feedback - I gave mine. Perhaps I stated it in the wrong way - so I'll restate it:

In EVE all players pay the same price to play the game - all players have equal access to the "good" gear. Grinders might have "more" gear but not "better" gear.

In NA all "testers" pay the same price to play the game - SOME have access to "better" gear.

All of you are free to disagree with me.

To be disgusted because I called the members of [RUS] Russian is really really wierd - what do you think [RUS] stands for?

Feedback is good. 

Constructive criticism is great. 

Destructive criticism is bad. 

I was not disgusted by you calling a Russian Clan for Russians. What i was/am disgusted by is your hypocrisy and double standards combined with your accusations of Russian Bias. 

By this i mean the fact that you didn't complain about L'Ocean when only US and British (And thereby the Dutch) had access to L'Ocean.

However now that Danish, Swedish, French and Spanish have access to it you are complaining like crazy. 

I have edited my original post so you HYPER SENSITIVITY will not be offended - I did not call russian bias - I called "some players have access to better gear"

See red text above and tell me again you didn't call "Russian Bias"..... I'm very hypersensitive. Please fix your attitude and censor your posts. Thank you! 

Take a moment here to look at how Magnum feels about tournament rewards being exclusive and unattainable to him by any means.

Then read the OP, and realize tournament rewards are the new way to distribute the exciting and rare ships. since the devs are abandoning the quality system in favor of tournaments and events.

It should be clear we'll see more of this problem after release, unless the devs move away from tournament rewards and back to play rewards.

It's totally fair that he dislikes the tournament rewards. However, they are not unattainable to him by any means. This is simply not true. 

There was "events" in which the British and US acquired L'Ocean BP and Agamemnon BP. 

He might not personally have the BP but he has access to these "exclusive and unattainable to him by any means" ships. 

The Events are undergoing rework atm. Perhaps when they get back in game he will have a chance to get the BP too. 

He is right with this. As a player with less time it will take me several days to craft a ship often enough to have the blueprint drop (unless lucky) while a 'hardcore' player will probably craft the required ship 10 times on release day. Access is faster for you yet equally reachable for both of us. However forcing me into a tournament means that I would NOT HAVE ACCESS to the new content as I would be unable to bring up the time required as I would've been under the old system. In addition it would also force players into events they do not enjoy - many people paly this game with only two aspects - craft and fight, fight and trade or trade and craft. Especially the last one has absolutely no interest in a tournament yet his main interest is heavily impacted by the new developments!

You are not forced into a Tournament. There was events too which are undergoing rework atm. 

As someone who only does PvP and despises crafting, PvE and Trading i think it's cool that the PvP'ers also get a chance at getting some special stuff. 

Devs never said there will only be 1 type of event. 

There was no regional bonus then!

And if you wached babay stream you know that the Vicks and Santis had no chance against the Oceans with the hull bonus. Again, nothing agains the Danes, they are using and doing the best with the tools they have. But the buffed L'Ocean are way unbalanced!

True. 

I'd like to remind you that the British/US/Dutch can make a fleet of "Buffed L'Oceans" as well. Your alliance have 3 BP's in total so it shouldn't be that hard. 

And heck, you can make buffed Santi's instead if you prefer that, they are just as good as L'Ocean. 

2- Because the entire comunity only plays PVP right? Especially in PvP 1

3- So, there will be ships aquirable ONLY by tournaments?

The "Special Events" happened across all 3 server. PvP 1, PvP 2 and PvE 1. 

Only ship that has been exclusive to Tournament and "Testers" is the Santa Cecilia.

I can only be saddened about that, you have succeeded in hurting my feelings as Bonehead Tommy could not.

Erhm, waht? 

A really odd response:

A: I "never" had a L'Ocean blueprint

B: I can see why someone who did wouldn't want to sell it for any price - why you whine about that IDK

C: I paid the same $ for my copy of the game as you did yours - to be fair we should get exactly the same access to "gear", "good gear" and "better gear"

If the dev's want to set up this game as a skill based tournament only game, I can't stop them - my opinion is they will wall off the game from thousands of casual players who just want some fun and to sail a pixel ship for an hour or two after work. If they do I think they should warn potential buyers, as I will in my modified review.

If you don't like my opinion please just show me reasons I'm wrong instead of whining that I am whining

A: Noone said you specifically had the Blue Print. However the British nation did and that is what everyone has been referring to. 

B: He was not whining. He simply pointed out the fact that the British wanted their alliance to have the only L'Ocean Blue Prints and charge insane amounts of money per ship. 

C: You do have access to the same "gear" as everyone else. Sure, you don't have the BP but that doesn't mean you can't have a L'Ocean ship made by the British player that has the BP, or from your US allies that have the Blue Prints.

"Skill based tournament only game"? 

So the Community chooses to make 1, just 1, PvP Tournament. The Devs like the idea and support it by throwing in some special prizes to the top teams. 

Prizes which some Nations already had access to a few months before the tournament ends (Hint, Agamemnon and L'Ocean Blue Print being obtained by British and US during the "Special Events" which are currently undergoing rework). 

How the hell does that make for a "Skill based tournament only game"? 

• Like 9

My god Tommy, get over yourself - Perhaps because English is not your first language you misunderstand me?

Do you really think [RUBLI] and [RUS] are not Russian Clans?

I am not saying ANYTHING about their "Russianness" I am only talking about them having better gear than 99% of the players - If I said "Clan X" has better gear than 99% of the players you would have little clue who I was talking about, Since I had pointed out I was talking about [RUBLI] and [RUS] earlier - I (mistakenly) thought people would read the whole thread and know I was talking about those TWO clans only - not the entire population of Russia.

YOU might be the one with a "Russian Bias" since you automatically assume any time anyone uses the word Russian - they are accusing "Russian Bias".

I don't hear you whine "Aussie" bias when some clan wearing Brit colors is called "Aussie" ....

-----

I AM ACCUSING GEAR BIAS - WHICH HAS BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY ALL.

-----

Why don't you polish your own opinion instead of misconstruing mine - I have stated my opinion and I don't give a rat's rump if you agree or not.

Edited by Magnum

Here is the 3 things that are a problem right now in the game in my opinion:

1. if a nation is successful it doesn't get harder to maintain a position of strength but it gets easier due to availability of resources and gear. While I liked the thought of regions being meaningful in reality it makes it a lot harder to come back from defeat like it was pre patch. Best example Spain. I don't think in the current meta Spain would stand back up after loosing most of their ports like pre patch.

2. Out of a population of 750 captains in prime time it all comes down to 50 players playing the game and the rest watching. If you want to be successful you need the same people sailing together as much as possible to get practice. This leads to the same 50 players playing the endgame content all the time with everybody else standing by and watching.

3. Everything has become more time consuming then before. Casual players seem to quit the game because it has become increasingly difficult to play alone or just for an hour or 2 in the evening and still achieve something.

Edited by Chimera
  • Like 4

Here is the 3 things that are a problem right now in the game in my opinion:

1. if a nation is successful it doesn't get harder to maintain a position of strength but it gets easier due to availability of resources and gear. While I liked the thought of regions being meaningful in reality it makes it a lot harder to come back from defeat like it was pre patch. Best example Spain. I don't think in the current meta Spain would stand back up after loosing most of their ports like pre patch.

2. Out of a population of 750 captains in prime time it all comes down to 50 players playing the game and the rest watching. If you want to be successful you need the same people sailing together as much as possible to get practice. This leads to the same 50 players playing the endgame content all the time with everybody else standing by and watching.

3. Everything has become more time consuming then before. Casual players seem to quit the game because it has become increasingly difficult to play alone or just for an hour or 2 in the evening and still achieve something.

Only thing that has become more time consuming is building ships and perhaps pb's

Building ships became more difficult to curb the abundance of 1st rates.

PB's become a little more time consuming to curb having 10 or more pb's in one day.

Cant have those two things to easy to accomplish or we go back to having to many 1st rates and to many port battles in one day.

Only thing that has become more time consuming is building ships and perhaps pb's

Building ships became more difficult to curb the abundance of 1st rates.

And they still mucked that up by keeping the crafting linear instead of doing what almost everyone suggested and make the crafting exponential. Ie: it gets exponentially more difficult to craft the next quality of ship. 

On top of that there was a massive surplus of 1st rates stored away so that problem wasn't solved either. If exponential ship crafting had come with full or lineship wipe then we probably would have been getting somewhere.

Edited by Bacchreus
  • Like 1

And they still mucked that up by keeping the crafting linear instead of doing what almost everyone suggested and make the crafting exponential. Ie: it gets exponentially more difficult to craft the next quality of ship. 

On top of that there was a massive surplus of 1st rates stored away so that problem wasn't solved either. If exponential ship crafting had come with full or lineship wipe then we probably would have been getting somewhere.

true but if they had killed all the ships there would have been crying for a different reason, also it would have ended RvR for about a month wail fleets rebuilt 

I would like to see ships crafted with a name (not given by player but generated)  which leads to a random chance of crafting a famous 'named ship' but only one can be persistent in the world at any one time

e.g. player crafts a Leda class frigate and by chance gets the Trincomalee (maybe give a small buff/paint etc to set them apart from the not so famous sister ships)

I'm sure the community could give a list of appropriate names for the database, in their native language, to give to the majority of the crafted vessels but only one of each famous ships

• Like 1

• If you want to take 200 shots per gun instead of normal supply to battle you might need to sacrifice some space (this will solve cases of light ships unloading 10000 rounds in a battle into a first rate.

As someone else pointed out, this number is not feasible. In fact, I'd wager good money that even medium frigates would have a hard time unloading 10,000 rounds from both sides in a 90-minute period. A Trincomalee, for instance, having nothing but 4-pound mediums on all decks and up front could just barely manage 10,000 rounds, WITH reload buffs, and that's if they fire every single gun as soon as it's ready, taking no time to aim or even considering what is downrange (including firing into allies). Furthermore, such a load would be drastically ineffective against a first-rate, let alone do significant damage to the ship and crew to prevent the Trinc's inevitable destruction first. A Rattlesnake Heavy, having the most guns for an unrated ship at 28, would still be challenged to squeeze out 5000 rounds with buffs, again ignoring shot placement, accuracy, timing, or positioning.

That being said, I am okay with limiting ammunition available based on ship size. However, if you go this route, please make ammunition an inventory item. Basic ammunition should be available at any port, while players might at some point be able to craft better-quality ammo. Having ammunition stores hard-bound to a constructed ship is silly, in my opinion. Also bear in mind that a big warship, like the USS Constitution, had an allotment of over 100 rounds per gun between the various ammunition types. While this definitely wasn't the case for every ship, especially smaller ships like corvettes and cutters, it still puts Old Ironsides easily within the bracket of about 5000-6000 rounds of available ammunition, and rather heavy 24pd and 32pd shot and all requisite powder.

In terms of game design, keep it simple - Yes, it might seem like a good idea on paper to limit the combat endurance of certain ships compared to others, but the core question needs to be, "Is this fun?" Should we be expected to maintain stocks of ammunition? What exactly is a "normal combat load? If those aspects of 'realism' get in the way of player enjoyment at large, that in turn leads to lower player enjoyment and fewer active players. If on the other hand the consensus is yes, "This is fun," does it then make sense to just have one generic type of ammunition, or ammunition for every gun weight in addition to needing to keep gunpowder on board? (That last bit might be rather interesting - a ship without powder can't shoot, but it also can't explode, while a ship packed with powder is...well, literally a powder-keg).

Dunno, that statement was bugging me in a logistical sense. Thems muh thoughts, don't mind my late-night rambling.

Edited by Kiithnaras
  • Like 1

Why I think people are upset about devs in general here.

Players often draw a beautiful castle in their based on trailers, expectations and some pieces of information developers provide. That's is why most developers are vague because it helps them to pull more money out of you. We are not like that.. We dont care about the money http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/25/8846695/apple-confederate-flag-civil-warand dont care what others will think about us. We care only about the users and the truth.. 

Some players find this contrast strange compared to nice talking smooth devs who only care about pushing extra dollars out of you. And that's why the majority of the negativity is actually focused on us. Maybe players only want sweet lies. But we will manage expectations because it helps to avoid disappointments in the future. 

Aliens: Colonial Marines comes to mind.  We saw something flashy and went oooh and aaah and then it turned out to be COD Black Ops with Aliens. Man that was painful.

Problem is: you are making the game more demanding for everyone in terms of time and effort, but you are giving "rewards" more and more through "special events" and "special tournaments"...you want everyone to be "more dedicated" to your game, but want to save special rewards to "a very small elite". Probably medium players with couple of hours to play everyday feel a little bit disappoited about it and think that policy is unfair. Why should I keep crafting, sacrificing my PVP-PVE time time, just to see the best ships being uncraftable by me? Why should I keep playing a game that is becoming day after day more "elite oriented"? I think many players like me are asking themselves the same question. The future of this great game depends on that answer. Please think about it before deleting my post.

• Like 10

Problem is: you are making the game more demanding for everyone in terms of time and effort, but you are giving "rewards" more and more through "special events" and "special tournaments"...you want everyone to be "more dedicated" to your game, but want to save special rewards to "a very small elite". Probably medium players with couple of hours to play everyday feel a little bit disappoited about it and think that policy is unfair. Why should I keep crafting, sacrificing my PVP-PVE time time, just to see the best ships being uncraftable by me? Why should I keep playing a game that is becoming day after day more "elite oriented"? I think many players like me are asking themselves the same question. The future of this great game depends on that answer. Please think about it before deleting my post.

So what exactly is your problem now?

You play casual and cant craft Ocean or Agamemnon?

Or what?

So what exactly is your problem now?

You play casual and cant craft Ocean or Agamemnon?

Or what?

Since you seem not to understand plain words, let's be even more clear.

His problem is the following: on one side, you play casual crafting but dedicated PVP and you can have everything a pro crafter has ... plus Ocean, Agamemnon, Heavy rattle, paint schemes er cetera. On the other side, he plays casual PVP but dedicated crafter and he cannot have a lot of the things you can have being a top PVPer.

So, just to let you understand even better: if the game gives a lot of plus to the elite PVP but not a single one to the dedicated crafter, the crafter has a grounded argument to tell it's unbalaced.

And finally, in order to be sure that you will focus on the point: what would you tell if permium ships, paint schemes, agamemnon, Ocean and Heavy rattle BP would be given - let's say - ONLY to playes that has crafted at least 20 golden santisima BUT not in any PVP related event?

Is it more clear now?

Edited by victor
  • Like 8

Sorry dudes, I already have one job, which pays my bills, this game is slowly turning into being another job you have to spend too much time on without getting much back, other than killing lots of hours, but getting you nowhere, than wasting hours.

Guys, try keep it simple! In my opinion you are overdoing a lot of things now, playing this game even now means hard work has to be carried out, which is ruining the fun. And the hard work that needs to be carried out in this game is not paying my bills.

Crew cost a fortune, you lose shitloads of crew now in battle, back then a life was worth less than a plate of meat, try incorporate that!

Officer loses lives, ok, I'm fine with that so be it,

Now, to build a reasonable ship, that will take you a week, only to potentially lose it first time you leave harbor due to ganking squads from all nations including pirates haunting. Yes we all do it, fights have become 5vs.1 / 10vs.1or to or three (only PODW) fight outnumbered and do it good, the majority only fight when the odds are on their side meaning unfair fights.

Having  ships only only being available from special events, no thanks, let ships be hard to get blueprints for, but special events, NO!

Take a look at the playerbase, Saturday night (Nov. 5th) a Saturday which should be primetime, there are around 645 people online on PVP 1.......that alone tells a story (NOTE! I was only logging in saw the numbers moved a ship, but lost interest fairly quickly again, and spend my time playing another game with a friend).

Please guys this game has potential, but keep doing what you do now, this game will become at best, a niche, at worst, an abandoned failure.

How I myself value a game is pretty straightforward.

If I like a game and the play style, I keep playing it, if not I abandon it.

So far only two games have kept my interest - both are MMO's, one is a game I have been playing since 2012, the other as a tester since 2015, I still play both of these games, however I doubt I will continue with NA....this game I only started playing since 2016 I was exited about NA at first, played it intensively for 6 months (Like I did with the other two games) but NA lacks something, to keep it interesting, and then again I refuse spending so much time as I have to do in NA, only to get very little in return, besides some great friends, which I also start noticing are away with longer and longer breaks in between now.

To me NA looks like a game with no clear objective nor visions, there are no endgame, not even a hint about what an endgame could / should look like, nothing enhancing / promoting fair and intense fights, only rob and steal with little to no risk involved.

Have to stop now, Already spent too much time again on this.

My end comment: Sorry to see a beautiful game "slowly" or whatever, heading towards the trashcan.

• Like 8

We will first finished what we promised: Finalize conquest, finalize crafting, bring land to port battles, and improve UI, and maybe think of pirates and boarding, . These are the main community requests and since 2013 we develop the game with the community. Developed the game with the community, but some members forget about it somehow. 

I keep telling folks to stop with the Pirates are acting like National bits cause until you actually come out with Pirate mechanics we are Nationals that are at war with every one.   I'm hoping we get most of the bugs worked out of the National stuff so you can work on the pirate stuff soon.  Until than I'll play as if I'm part of the Pirate Republic as Devs have stated many times.  Though one issue I have with this statement is the community request since 2013.  A lot of things you have in the game plan that was voted by the community was done years ago when the game and project was a different thing.  Would be nice if some of these things that are still in teh drawing board might get a more firm revote or update as to what we might want or not.  For not the pirate part is a mystery to every one and I think that is why it keeps bringing up so many topics cause we really don't have a clue what you want with them and it keeps feeling like your going to just make them Nationals that have no alliances.

Maybe you can to try build your L'Oceans in your very near to capital region with British reload bonus (-10% recharge time) and to try counter that strong hull... or maybe to try conquest one of that regions for yor faction.

Brits have the only cedar island (with speed regional bonus included) and nobody is whinning in the forums. BTW, that region is the most difficult to conquest.

Brits faction and allieds have the Ocean and rattle heavy and agamenon BPs since months ago and I didn't see you protest about this balancing problem.

I like to try new ships, but I am not willing or I can't to partake in that events, I have not any of that BPs and I am not whining all day in the forums.

It's the same thing as folks that though the Pirate speed perk was OP.  Well you know if you took the pirate hunter perk, improved mag, Powder Monkeys and Rum Rations you can get your reload down 25%.  That a big chunk when your dealing with the larger SOL's  We are talking about getting off an extra broad side so you can get 4 in the time some one else might get only 3.  That can be the difference of an extra ship or two sunk.  Or even more stripping away more than just that little extra armor/structure.  The game has many means to counter other things that some one might bring to the fight.  If they bring tanks you bring something to counter it.  Get agil ships that can get in there and stern camp or even board there much slower ships.

That being said, I am okay with limiting ammunition available based on ship size. 

Even yet make it like the double charge and double shot perks that has a limited amount you can use in a combat. Basic shot still being unlimited no matter what but other shots like chain will run out after time.   I never understood why these are perks any way as it's something every one should know.  I also think the officer should be tied to the ship so it shows the skill and experience of the shp and it's officers.  That way you don't have to change it for every ship you switch too.  One ship might be specked out for combat.  Another for boarding.   When the ship sinks you loose all crew and officer and have to retrain them.  A ship that has been around for every will have better skills and perks.

• Like 3

Put the fine wood characteristics, with the regional build buffs, and the ship crafting options(crew space/speed/etc...)

• crafters are happy with the customization options and added complexity cuz that's their thing
  • PvP'rs are happy cuz they can get ships even more specialized to specific combat roles
  • PvE oriented players aren't happy cuz they are forced into pirate patrolled waters to avoid paying exhorbitant prices for certain materials
  • casual players aren't happy cuz they can't invest the time to do anything above basic crafting and don't have the gold to buy it 
  • new players are probably very intimidated cuz it's so friggin complicated (unless a crafter and then they're excited)

I'm not big into PvP which means I devote a lot of time to trading/crafting. One complaint has really hit home for me. To take advantage of even a few of the customizations means a major investment of real life time. To figure out what options are desired, acquire supplies from multiple regions, transport them to the region with the desired buff, then build the thing. And I'm not even thinking of a gold build. I spend 4-8 hours in NA every day. But it isn't feeling like a pleasant diversion anymore, it's starting to feel more like a demanding job. One where there's a very real chance of being mugged going to the bank and losing my paycheck.

I guess I'll try readjusting my goals. Just make what I can, with what I have, in the port where I am. Oh wait, that gets boring cuz I don't have 70% of the blueprints.

• Like 4

We will abandon the 5 color grades for upgrades and ships. Fine (blue), Mastercraft (purple), Common (green) are not used and thus are useless. Nobody makes them and nobody buys them. 

I would wait a little bit to see the impact fine wood is having in crafting, it's a lot more difficult to craft an exceptional ship now, im sure in a few weeks we'll see more fine and mastercraft ships in the market being sold and bought.

• Like 1

I would wait a little bit to see the impact fine wood is having in crafting, it's a lot more difficult to craft an exceptional ship now, im sure in a few weeks we'll see more fine and mastercraft ships in the market being sold and bought.

Yah just over a week isn't really a long time since a patch came out to see how it ends up working for the most part.  Though I do kinda think we need to knock it down to 3 levels of built ships for the most part.   

Basic - What the shops will sale with basic states.  Wood type and one trim but no region.  These would be the Grey ships we have now.

Player Common - This is the basic ship that players can build with slight better stats than the shop basic ships.  Prob what we would have as Fine ships right now in the crafting.  These ships can have regional bonus according to where crafted.

Master Craft - I like this name better than exceptional as it means it's a Master Craft work.  Can only be built when you reach 5 levels higher than the level to be able to make the Common player ship.   Cost extra crafting materiel and needs a special note to create.  Notes can be gained through crafting or missions/pvp rewards.  The notes will be the money sink for making these ships.  They are basically what all the fine materials needed now.  Are you can go the extreme and make them only craft-able by level 50 crafters so it makes it something special to be maxed out crafting.

Captured AI ships will have a chance to be one of the three levels.   With most of them being between basic and Common level, but you have a chance to actualy get a rare Master Craft ship in some fights.  Prob be reserved to epic missions or fleet missions.  Maybe make a hunt the famous captain mission and you have a chance to get a Master Craft version of his ship if you capture it.   All these will be rare or very hard missions to do and never SOL ships.  Good way to do some new special events too.

• Like 1

Sounds like the proposed changes will make ships far more personalised.

It would be nice, however, if the new crafting process was able remove 'Traders <ship>' classifications. If you want a Brig that's stripped for cargo, that's what you order from your Shipyard. But its a Brig, not Traders Brig. Someway for enemies to spot that its not a regular Brig might be needed though.

• Like 1

Not everyone is interested from crafting.

Some could say that crafters should not get the good ships, they have not earned those.  Only good PvP players should get the good ships.

Indeed, it is just a bit more complicated.

Yeah... Or you could say that those who do pvp can start to produce there own ships and see how fun that is...

I will never accept the view that those that do PVP are in any way better then those that do not pvp.

That is elitism and for those of who actually think that your is play style more important then any other players way of playing and enjoying this, I feel pity.

If you want to reward players for there actions in war ie PVP that is fine.

But remember that without those that paid taxes(merchants), produced the weapons and ships and food(crafters) you would not be able to wage that war in the first place.

• Like 4