Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Coalition War 1-10-16 (End of the Dutch Campaign)

Senhor Lenhador

Dont know who created antilles pact but it was designed in dutch minds to create oppurnity to open front on haiti and attack pirates from there with occasional brawl with danes/french arround haiti.

You pushed as away from there and forced to come back thru british territories ( good job btw ) and when we attacked haiti and south cuba from jamaica you refused to play rvr because brits a) used poor oppurnity to create flags against our ports in their domain ( thats poor sportsmanship i agree and i didnt like it too ) and because they set timers in time zones that didnt suit you.

Then france and danes left spain alone ... You guys did it. Not us. We focused on attacking pirates together with swedes and sometimes screened for brits as they kindly asked us and we couldnt refuse after their help for us at haiti.

We had few great fights with spaniards arround Sant Iago and Portillo. After we break thru they lost will to fight and we realized it pretty fast.

3 admirals treaty was created to help spain stand up on their feets again. They refused to allow americans in the treaty ( it was ours fault too ) so we were forced to screen for them ( usa ) as spain wanted 1v1 against usa ( they didnt want that war ).

Spain was left alone and fought bravely. Kudos for that.

They were left with dozens of ports and space to reinforce their community.

Now there is dozen of people that  write such bullshit propaganda that it hurts my eyes. They even say it was humilating! Humilating to leave them with arround 30+ ports and we kindly asked spain to stop fighting usa, as we couldnt leave them alone. That was all. What was france and denmark doing then guys?

Also love to read about that "weekend" thingy after the end of 3 admiral treaty. There were 5, five! people from dutch that was taking ports at mexico gulf and it wasnt organised action from our side. And you act like it was end of the world! And you excuse that you couldnt def ports because that was last weekend of holidays. Hello? It was last weekend of holidays for everyone else?

And now you made us two port nation. And you hide behind such bullshit excuses its beyond me. Like Vazco i dont care that you did what you did ( with really poor tactics and exploits of game mechanics ). Just stop writing this propaganda and poor excuses. Or stop drinking/smoking!
We stoped fighting you because ( here i must point that P was right about it ) people got bored of your tactics, fake flags, traded flags which made our efforts obsolete and we decided that we`ll not play your game as port wipe will be in next two weeks.

You didnt broke our morale. You broke yours and ours fun. I dont remember dutch exploiting flag system like that. ( besides jamaica incident and that was brits anyway )

And dont even say that we were 3 v 1 spain. Usa done almost nothing agains them and they were active in tottaly different time zone. It was 1.5 v 1 as dutch wasnt involved much ( besides what i wrote above about south cuba ) and spain wasnt our target at all.

You on the other hand came here with three sometimes even more, fleets, when we could muster 1, sometimes two. You abused flag system and was taking empty ports, and when we somehow managed to stand back, you started trading flags.
Sorry but you cant compare both situations.

You guys did what you did. Face it. And dont hide behind bullshit reasons. You guys done exactly that what you try to blame us on! Sorry. Not going to happen.

04wjv.gif

Edited by Leku
  • Like 1

Fun fact spain and france will never ever make peace with brits cause the bad bad brits fought spain down to 5 ports back in february/march. Sweden switched sides for balancing and 5 nations felt the need to make even worse things any nation could ever do but danes they are known to completely want to defeat a nation. They were scared about an even fight 4 vs 4. I told sveno this will happen and he didn't listen.

France supported Spain with ships. Thats what most people were doing during that stage of the war.

Since the british and dutch both set timers that made it impossible for working people in europe to attack, the 6 guys I could round up could never even plant a flag. 

The entire point of the treaty was to have good RvR elsewhere, and the dutch and brits worked together to make that impossible. Thats fact.

As for taking you guys down to 2 ports, I've never been a fan of doing that to any nation, however much problems I have with the players within said nation

While Britain may have the most toxic RvR strategies in that they avoid fights whenever possible, the Dutch have been the most toxic opponents I've ever faced in PvP because, they avoid fights unless they have a massive advantage. My PvP skills have suffered drastically because its so rare these days to find a somewhat even fight where people dont run away. And, since the introduction of the officer, Im not as big of a fan of suicidal fights where  I try to sink at least one enemy, because that means more PvE to grind up my officer when he dies. 

Im sure the Dutch could point to similar examples from the french, but some of the people who were notorious for crap behavior went pirate. Not our problem anymore. 

We could sit here and measure who has the better claim to grievances, but as I have said before, all these stupid drama problems between nations boils down to an absolutely horrible combat system...and while I am willing to test it, this 2 circle system is not going to be any better because it will effectively be the exact same thing.

Give us a good combat system and people will find less ways to piss off their enemies and enemies will have less of a basis to complain and moan. 

RvR is hopefully going to get fixed with this patch so thats one half of the problem gone. Hopefully.

As for the Dutch, I've noticed a marked decrease in the amount of dutch players playing as well as a significant reduction in effort from the dutch

I told the swedish that I was concerned the Dutch ( about the size of France and Spain combined) would play dead to get the swedish to switch sides again.

Edited by Æthlstan
  • Like 2

Fun fact spain and france will never ever make peace with brits cause the bad bad brits fought spain down to 5 ports back in february/march. Sweden switched sides for balancing and 5 nations felt the need to make even worse things any nation could ever do but danes they are known to completely want to defeat a nation. They were scared about an even fight 4 vs 4. I told sveno this will happen and he didn't listen.

Although Sweden switched sides, they continued the fight against the pirates and avoided to join the gangbang around the southern fronts. 

It is something I hold in great regard and respect. o7.

Danes came along to have fun fights as they were found around our coasts, something I won't hold against them and is what I would have done of I was in their position.

The Spanish were badly hurt by our support of the British during our campaign against the Pirates with the Swedes and still had an old score to settle by our Venezualan campaign from the early game last year. No wonder they went after us, and they were right employing this tactic with the US not being able to hurt them much and the French having a hard time against our fleet around Pampatar. Good strategy on their part and they are the true victors of this great war.

The French, well, this was the third war between the Dutch and the French already. Although both sides were always courteous and friendly in constructive peacetalks and treaties earlier, the relationship always stayed  "spirited" between our nations. As much as we had respect for each other, we also knew that we were great communities that could give each other about an equal fight as you could find in Naval Action. If in winning (French lost the first two wars) the third time is a charm, I'd say: three is also the magic number to get one Dutch Lion down on one knee. I hope we will fight a more balanced war in the future again, messieurs!

Apart then from Pellasgos going into berserker mode to stirr up the Dutch spirit, that about sums it up for me.

Hope you all had a good time and we'll meet in the next round!

• Like 12

A "peace treaty" was offered to you in the same conditions than the current one and someone (we all know who) reject it because of just pride and "we don't care, we will resist until the patch comes"... Not agreeing with what has happened since then nor how you have ended... I think it was more up to you guys than us... It's like if we have rejected the 3 admirals treaty, what would have happened? We would had been pushed to La Habbana... but we accepted to protect the player base... In other words, you are more guilty than us about what have happened (what I consider wrong).

Want us to find all the "we will fight till the end, never surrender" posts from the Spanish, when Brits just stopped with you still having 20+ ports? It was up to you to stop and you didn't and that's fine with me.

What I don't like is the hypocrisy that comes with it. Cut the bullshit and stand to what you did... Done, story over.

Next round after the patch.

Don't understand why you still try to find fault with the others. You wanted moral high ground all the time. It was there for you to take it. You didn't. You are no better then the rest of all the people that used exploits and pushed it beyond the boundaries of what is good for the community. I don't hold that against you because it was all within the rules of the game. But please acknowledge that it was you who could have stopped it and didn't. That's the least you could do.

Edited by Chimera

It's a game lol... a relaxing activity, a hobby, a exercise of imagination and craft !!!!! C'mon guys :lol: you make everything sound like a tragedy...

( unless everyone is impersonating :huh: which then it is even more scary... )

• Like 8

Although Sweden switched sides, they continued the fight against the pirates and avoided to join the gangbang around the southern fronts. 

Danes came along to have fun fights as they were found around our coasts, something I won't hold against them and is what I would have done of I was in their position.

The Spanish were badly hurt by our support of the British during our campaign against the Pirates with the Swedes and still had an old score to settle by our Venezualan campaign from the early game last year. No wonder they went after us, and they were right employing this tactic with the US not being able to hurt them much and the French having a hard time against our fleet around Pampatar. Good strategy on their part and they are the true victors of this great war.

The French, well, this was the third war between the Dutch and the French already. Although both sides were always courteous and friendly in constructive peacetalks and treaties earlier, the relationship always stayed  "spirited" between our nations. As much as we had respect for each other, we also knew that we were great communities that could give each other about an equal fight as you could find in Naval Action. If in winning (French lost the first two wars) the third time is a charm, I'd say: three is also the magic number to get one Dutch Lion down on one knee. I hope we will fight a more balanced war in the future again, messieurs!

Apart then from Pellasgos going into berserker mode to stirr up the Dutch spirit, that about sums it up for me.

Great post and that sums it up pretty well!

• Like 2

Want us to find all the "we will fight till the end, never surrender" posts from the Spanish, when Brits just stopped with you still having 20+ ports? It was up to you to stop and you didn't and that's fine with me.

What I don't like is the hypocrisy that comes with it. Cut the bullshit and stand to what you did... Done, story over.

Next round after the patch.

Don't understand why you still try to find fault with the others. You wanted moral high ground all the time. It was there for you to take it. You didn't. You are no better then the rest of all the people that used exploits and pushed it beyond the boundaries of what is good for the community. I don't hold that against you because it was all within the rules of the game. But please acknowledge that it was you who could have stopped it and didn't. That's the least you could do.

Aham... Where did I complain about "we will fight till the end" decision? So...?

Where did I denny what has happened? So...? Where did I even say I agree with it? So..?

If you read more an rage less you would realise I have always said its disgusting what has happened this time with Dutch and what happened with the other nations (but british) before... ALWAYS. So no hypocrisy from me mate, I consider BOTH actions should be avoided and BOTH are and have always be unhonorable for me. What I do say is that you had the chance take this very same offer and you rejected/ignored it and I cant feel responsable for that.

So who is bullshiting you saying I said something I didnt or me saying I consider disgusting your actions then and ours now?

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar
  • Like 1

- French lost one war that was the "black friday war" (dutch gives back 4 ports to french)

- Dutch lost second war what lead to Antilles treaty ( french give back 6 ports to dutch)

- who cares about the thirs one?

We must be living in alternate realities, Kierrip. ????????

• Like 1

In fact sweden attacked and captured 5 ports in the south so yes the participated in that gangbang plus instead of helping dutch cause they switched sides the decided also to gank around jamaica and kept the brits busy. So yes sweden was the reason we had a 4-1,5/3-1,5 war instead of a 3-3.

I sorry, but I can't understand at all those 1v3...... 3v1.............. 2v1........... 3v3

What means???........ You think a war between USA and Belize are 1 v 1 ???...... So It's a balanced war???......

Those numbers are stupid.......... The most important think is how many players are disposal for each country to defend and attack.....

Can you imagine Hitler saying......... eyyyyy.........  france, russian, eeuu, england are too much against us..... This war is not balanced.......

I never cry that spain was attacked for british, dutch, and americans...... Allies work together is a obligation here and in real world....

We, as comunity must know when finish an offensive to avoid destroy a country and their players......... The rest....... just an alliance game.

I sorry, but I can't understand at all those 1v3...... 3v1.............. 2v1........... 3v3

What means???........ You think a war between USA and Belize are 1 v 1 ???...... So It's a balanced war???......

This. That people still simplify the wars into 1vX terms boggles the mind.

Imho nation balancing would be detrimental to any potential growth in total playerbase. The only feasable way to do it would be to limit the nation choice for new incoming players, you certainly cant force current players to switch without massive unrest. There will always be larger nations, its up to the rest of us to decide how best to deal with them. Imo this fits the "sandbox" game style.

As for nations getting curb stomped, i dont think as many people leave the game because "they lost", rather the majority get burned out. Anyone whos been around long enough knows that (especially now with alliance blocs) its all but impossible to actually KEEP a nation at a few ports and any attempt to do so for an extended period would require an absurd amount of dedication and time. Somehow, whether its veterans or devs, newer players should be made aware that all is not lost in these situations. Its happened before and i can guarantee you it will happen again. Ive always been under the impression that at some point there will be an uptick in active users. I think this should be kept in mind when suggesting ideas that would alter the long term end product to satisfy current, possibly short term issues. Of course i could be completely wrong about all of this and im sure ill read all about it.

Nation balancing doesn't necessarily need to be just via population control (although an easier mechanic and incentive to transfer your char to low-pop factions would be nice); it could come in the shape of buffs to crafting alliance slots etc.

As I said someone some time ago, my task as a "tester" (at least in theory) is to point out the issues/changes needed and it is devs task to find a solution to such issue... We can suggest things but its up to them to take those suggestions and fix the issues, but ignoring the issue wont fix the issue... And the nations unbalance is a BIG issue... IMO.

Once that point has been done... It might make sense to talk about XvsY nations...until then what only matter is indeed the active players... Where British have 3-4 times more players. The "only X% of the nation Y play RvR" excuse is not only senseless but it can be also applied to every nation. People come and go but the relative numbers havent change that much... If you believe it, go to PR with a 1st rate fleet and we will see how many RvR appear... The last week I was told it was like 80vs25... They are there.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

As I said someone some time ago, my task as a "tester" (at least in theory) is to point out the issues/changes needed and it is devs task to find a solution to such issue... We can suggest things but its up to them to take those suggestions and fix the issues, but ignoring the issue wont fix the issue... And the nations unbalance is a BIG issue... IMO.

Once that point has been done... It might make sense to talk about XvsY nations...until then what only matter is indeed the active players... Where British have 3-4 times more players. The "only X% of the nation Y play RvR" excuse is not only senseless but it can be also applied to every nation. People come and go but the relative numbers havent change that much... If you believe it, go to PR with a 1st rate fleet and we will see how many RvR appear... The last week I was told it was like 80vs25... They are there.

I totally understand, and i wasn't saying pop imbalance doesn't exist. I was just trying to point out that there are limited options on how the issue (if you see it as one) might be addressed in an effective way. Snoopy's suggestion has merit but would bonuses and buffs or even negative attributes stop an englishman from playing GB? Would it make a brand new player who doesn't speak spanish or french play Spain or France? You might convince a few but id be willing to bet that in the long term it wont solve this issue, but it would be fun to test, and would be a good place to start trying to shift pop. My point was you cant force or coerce paying customers to not do what they want to do by taking away options. You can only encourage them to make the choice you want them to make which, i believe, was Snoopy's angle. Im pretty sure weenies that want an easy ride aren't the only reason why some nations have higher pops. Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

I think the best way to fix it is have a nation that say has 10 ports or less get extra defenses for there ports. Maybe more towers or more guns on the towers and larger nations have less tower support. will make it easyer for a small nation to defend with less players while a large nation will have a harder time defending.

• Like 1