Game-Labs Forum

Nations should rally against the Pirates before its too late!

Hornblower V

When a nation is down to a few ports and so knows where the next pb is, MAN UP & DEFEND!

If you are at high enough rank to defend your ports but refuse to, why do you play a nat? Might as well turn black.

I play pirate bc I give diddly about conquest (although do take part in pbs for loot). I do not like seeing a black map but would rather see healthy nations who feel comfy cozy so I can hunt their players.

What is so pathetic is not seeing national players, especially from large clans, not defend the few ports remaining. (Looking back to when pirates did some USA stomping.)

Right now it is too easy to rebuild. Hopefully when conquest gets reworked & ports are of more importance I'll hear of people defending their ports instead of empty pbs. (By then pirates probably will not be involved in conquest)

Again, I think when ports ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING, you'll find that people will be more likely to fight over them.  There is NOTHING in the game right now that requires owning huge amounts of ports, other than e-peening.  Soooooo, you can either sit around waiting for timers or actually, you know, go out and ave some fun actually sailing and fighting.  Calling people cowardly for not buying into a imaginary game mechanic is pretty silly.  Just because SOME people like sailing around in slow-ass Santis taking empty ports does not mean ALL people do.  Again, once ports actually mean something, and the devs institute their long-awaited forts and upgrades, and nations are able to effectively defend stuff that influences their game-play, I think you'll see people take an interest in "Port Battles".  

• Like 1

Um...it might be time to admit the pirates have you all duped into doing their bidding. Grab a flaggon of rum, a wench and just enjoy the ride.

On the serious side:

Pirates take the Gulf of Mexico. Only nation left here is Spain. Pirates ally with Spain. Pirates have secured the gulf.

Pirates push into Haiti. Only nation left here is Denmark. Pirates ally with Denmark. Pirates have secured Haiti.

Pirates destroy USA ports, USA breaks morale and shrinks. For the time being pirates have secured the Bahamas.

So now pirates are free to march south into Yucatan Britain for the next conquest.

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. There are 8 nations in the game. Pirates locked up x2 with battles and x3 with treaties. That leave the Dutch and the Swedes to do anything about it and they aren't in a position too. And if they try, the pirates have France to keep them busy. Strategically it's brilliant on the pirates part. They aren't just winning because they have a lot of pvp players. You are getting out played in diplomacy. It's a sand box so that still counts as a win.

jeez seams that someone planned this!

Must be a very evil person,  lets rally 8 nations vs pirates, this is the solution!,   When brits reduced spain to 1 port, and owned half map, i not see any thread be open about that.

The only thing pirates have more then others, is  some organized clans. So is not the game, is the players that make the difference.   Usa got destroyd by 1 clan not the "pirates"    is all a question of organization, wise choices, and determination. 

Instead blame the devs and the game, ppl should start organize their nations and clans , maybe play eve online for a bit you will learn a lot of skill to bring back in na

• Like 6

When a nation is down to a few ports and so knows where the next pb is, MAN UP & DEFEND!

If you are at high enough rank to defend your ports but refuse to, why do you play a nat? Might as well turn black.

I play pirate bc I give diddly about conquest (although do take part in pbs for loot). I do not like seeing a black map but would rather see healthy nations who feel comfy cozy so I can hunt their players.

What is so pathetic is not seeing national players, especially from large clans, not defend the few ports remaining. (Looking back to when pirates did some USA stomping.)

Right now it is too easy to rebuild. Hopefully when conquest gets reworked & ports are of more importance I'll hear of people defending their ports instead of empty pbs. (By then pirates probably will not be involved in conquest)

Let me get this straight:

-you do not participate in Conquest at all (except for farming upgrades)

-you are not (never were?) a part of a nation that was down to one or a few ports only

...and yet you call national players that don´t feel the urge to go up against superior numbers pathetic?

Maybe you should try a different nation to actually experience yourself how it is to be "them"?

• Like 3

When brits reduced spain to 1 port, and owned half map, i not see any thread be open about that.

Brits, US and Dutch actually and everyone stomped the thread, but long gone and better not remember it.

Brits, US and Dutch actually and everyone stomped the thread, but long gone and better not remember it.

Maybe cos the dutch never started a war so far.^^

The only thing pirates have more then others, is  some organized clans. So is not the game, is the players that make the difference.   Usa got destroyd by 1 clan not the "pirates"    is all a question of organization, wise choices, and determination. 

Instead blame the devs and the game, ppl should start organize their nations and clans

U can´t organize inactive people. So thing pirate have more then others is the amount of active players, simple as that.

Once our fleets are back and french stopped their drama, we gonna build gallows for pirates again. :)

Edited by praefect

When brits reduced spain to 1 port, and owned half map, i not see any thread be open about that.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10582-spanish-issues/

Please check this one.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11911-spain-is-dead-pvp1/

...and this one also...sorry for the edit :( .

Edited by Red Jack Walker

Yes, smashing Spain in the West was just a pat in the back :)

Well their demands were the whole Caribbean... could be that dutch simply said no to this. ^^

But I have to admit, I wasn´t playing NA at that time, so I do not know exactly how it happen. ;)

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. n.

It's not diplomacy when you threaten with complete annihilation.

And yes, people have "admitted" this for weeks now. How much more does your ego need?

You are still exactly like you were 5 years ago, when you "won" those 24 vs 5 PBs and told people to "get better"

Edited by Quineloe

jeez seams that someone planned this!

Must be a very evil person,  lets rally 8 nations vs pirates, this is the solution!,   When brits reduced spain to 1 port, and owned half map, i not see any thread be open about that.

Instead blame the devs and the game, ppl should start organize their nations and clans , maybe play eve online for a bit you will learn a lot of skill to bring back in na

this was happening long before sorry came around. and the devs said to the nations..why are you letting the pirates out play you....

Usa got destroyd by 1 clan not the "pirates"    is all a question of organization, wise choices, and determination. 

Dear Vicious,

last time I checked USA is still a Nation, TF and TDA are still clans and we didnt surrender... so what did you "Destroy"?

I must be missing something

regards,

Captain Saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

• Like 1

Chill your pants and wait for the new patch ffs. If there will be a 7 week timer on ports and we will have 1-2 port battles per day with an advanced notice, i doubt we will see empty port battles in any nation. Until then go pvp, hone your skills, or go play something else for 3 more weeks if you cant handle the current game.

Edited by Ledinis
  • Like 1

Usa got destroyd by 1 clan not the "pirates"    is all a question of organization, wise choices, and determination. 

Dear Vicious,

last time I checked USA is still a Nation, TF and TDA are still clans and we didnt surrender... so what did you "Destroy"?

I must be missing something

regards,

Captain Saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Your nation in 3 months since stars left not have a single victory, i call it a destroyed nation..        TF cant even fill a fleet by yourself, if so, make one and attack pirates cmon try 

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

PS this would be the features if this was rust. 

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death)
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player delivered
  • NO NPC ships - only players!

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

I dident say how the game are but how they work behind it. as they are open with work plan like q1 1. 2. 3. 4. q2 1. 2. 3. q3 1. 2. and so on. also they go out and show and write what they working with. if ther is explots they dont say it offcose. but they are were open to what they working with

admin, on 02 Jun 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

snapback.png

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

PS this would be the features if this was rust. 

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death)
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player delivered
  • NO NPC ships - only players!

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

Dear Admin Lets test this one weekend!!! and lets all get back to what we really want to talk about. What kind of fish can we catch?

It is scurvy riddled scum like you that makes the eradication of the black scourge a priority for everyone but the most naive lambs.

How easy it is for you to bite the hand that fed you - fed you well - all those years. Your treacherous talk should be a warning to all the rat friends out there.

United we shall stand - or perish under the rule of the most iliterate of Italian wannabe dictators Lord Vicousolini.

Lord Vicious announcing his peace offer to the U.S. council on the main square of Mortimer Town, May 1786

DVX MEA LVX

• Like 1

This post amusingly reminds me Charles Caldwell's post few months ago. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11653-caribbean-painted-black/

Anyway I think one of the reason pirates are successful because pirates chose their leaders on their deeds. "Actions always speaks louders than words", you can say that Lord Vicious is the biggest arrogant guy as much as you wish but if he doesnt have the competence, he wont be able to do anything against you.
Personally I have also seen many pirate leaders that have a big ego but no skill trying to take over the pirates but all failed and switch to other nations.

admin, on 02 Jun 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

snapback.png

funnily enough 7 of our Rear admirals are playing rust over NA atm so yeah duros are shit design

This post amusingly reminds me Charles Caldwell's post few months ago. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11653-caribbean-painted-black/

Anyway I think one of the reason pirates are successful because pirates chose their leaders on their deeds. "Actions always speaks louders than words", you can say that Lord Vicious is the biggest arrogant guy as much as you wish but if he doesnt have the competence, he wont be able to do anything against you.

Personally I have also seen many pirate leaders that have a big ego but no skill trying to take over the pirates but all failed and switch to other nations.

You know what the # 1 cause of failure is by the nations?......FAILING TO TURN UP!!!

Your nation in 3 months since stars left not have a single victory, i call it a destroyed nation..        TF cant even fill a fleet by yourself, if so, make one and attack pirates cmon try

Dear Vicious,

Oh yeah your right guess we havent had single victory since your group left, better pack up and go play something else. XD Your stupidity gives me so much enjoyment! TF doesnt need to fight you we re off doing this thing called having "fun" lol. But i guess you "destroyed" us! Hahaha thx

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Hopefully there will be a future patch where players can change nations as easily as it is to go pirate, with some cooldown time.

Nation change is a testing feature - it was announced once it was implemented. Before you could not change nation at all. Characters lost everything after deletion including XP. 

XP synced was given to provide opportunity to switch servers and switch nation to help test the game and various nations better.

Nation transfer will work differently after release.

• Like 2

funnily enough 7 of our Rear admirals are playing rust over NA atm so yeah duros are shit design

You know what the # 1 cause of failure is by the nations?......FAILING TO TURN UP!!!

Failing? I don´t see that as failing.

If you were mainly looking for PVP you should have switched to another nation, and not chose the pirates who have a hugely overexpanded territory so that they have to rely on teleporting themselves and their ships to where the action is.

nation should have not rally against French at first to ask after the French to rally on them...

French speak like they play, we don't use duble language.

Last week swedish and dutch proposal for peace was everything north grand anse on sweden, everhthing south of cariacou dutch or french-british alliance vs pirate and we could get more ports but not all of them.

You make an ultimatum to us and we refuse your 2 proposal.

The first one because french won't surrender and betray his friends

The second one because french won't surrender and be treat like iroquois or cherokee in US.

And now... You are asking our help????

We told you that your ultimatum will make us turn pirate and that we would prefer to get the blag flag rather than the white one and you refuse to listen!

You should have ask something possible to get a peace. Your diplomat always say he wants to speak about peace and the only one time we open discussion for that he comes with a threat and sharing our territory with his swedish friend...

We speak again about peace but we didn't get any answer... Is there still someone to speak in name of the dutch nation or have the friend to speak with 10 diplomat to have an idea about what is happening there?

Failing? I don´t see that as failing.

If you were mainly looking for PVP you should have switched to another nation, and not chose the pirates who have a hugely overexpanded territory so that they have to rely on teleporting themselves and their ships to where the action is.

we changed to pirates to prove the point about it being broken...pretty sure that's more obvious now with 120+ ports and climbing.....

About PVP...... camping the newbie zones seal clubbing is never good for a game.  problem is the brit clans are all camped up in KPR. and don't really sail more than 3 ports.  I have not seen enough of the other nations yet to know but USA is all in east Florida and that's obvious from my limited time up there.  Dutch seem to be spread about but I have to go look.  Vieques was fun for a few days but they tent to fleet up rather than play equal numbers....too much ganking not enough equal combat opportunities....thats a problem too.

All im saying is that to PVP using the existing mechanics is broken.  Port battles are mostly vacant.  we dont have to teleport our ships we normally have heaps of them. our crafting well exceeds our demands however even when we are on the front lines of our ships it is rare to see anything to attack.  you have to basically sailup to their house and kick the door in for them to come play and then they send everything they can because the are feeling threatened at home instead of just getting a comparable fleet together.

You seem to think i have done something wrong to acheive my goal of playing PVP in a PVP game.....yes i have 25+ Port battles in the last couple of weeks and a significant amount of time sailing around the front lines and enemy territory.   Please explain to me how PVP server is providing me PVP when i use the designed mechanics?   Sure you can say timezone but itake ports during the aussie day and the aussie night at the aussie early mornings.....Im spanning timezones..

Edited by Fastidius

We told you that your ultimatum will make us turn pirate and that we would prefer to get the blag flag rather than the white one and you refuse to listen!

You should have ask something possible to get a peace. Your diplomat always say he wants to speak about peace and the only one time we open discussion for that he comes with a threat and sharing our territory with his swedish friend...

We speak again about peace but we didn't get any answer... Is there still someone to speak in name of the dutch nation or have the friend to speak with 10 diplomat to have an idea about what is happening there?

From what I've heard you guys have simply demanded to get every single port back, but do clue us in if you've made more reasonable proposals than that, it'd be nice to get some insight.

Still waiting.