Game-Labs Forum

Nations should rally against the Pirates before its too late!

Hornblower V

Let's face it: that ships has sailed.

Most British clans for instance have gone more or less inactive. If they do at all, people come online once a day or once every two days to pick up some resources do a little crafting and than log off again.

They are either burnt out by constant fighting or bored or by the lack of new content. And no: changing the way cannon balls penetrate or bounce of is not "new content" it's the changing of mechanics to existing content. I don't think people are leaving because ship battles in general are boring to them.

British boredom or tired of fighting? That seems reasonable. They have been at it the longest and the resent defection of players to the enemy is always a morale blow in any game.

Lack of new Content? Total load of bull pucky. It's a sand box. The devs aren't responsible for our entertainment. They just provide the back drop. We're supposed to be making our own content. That's how a sand box is supposed to work. World of Warcraft = Not a Sand box. It's ladder driven leveling, PVE centric and when devs want entertained players they have to ADD new content. A sand box is a bunch of players building castles THEY imagine in that sand. The players create the new content.

Right now the pirate team IS creating new content in the form of the Black Flagged Menace. If the British response is to turtle up and wait for the devs to change something....well...your not very good sand box people. Time to own that. In the meantime pirates have built this big sand fortress over there next to the Spanish, Danish and USA kids and they are starting to take some of your castles sand. Time to hand out lollipops to the other kids or otherwise figure out a way to at least bulldoze some of their sand fortress. You know, create new content to best their new content.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 4

When a nation is down to a few ports and so knows where the next pb is, MAN UP & DEFEND!

If you are at high enough rank to defend your ports but refuse to, why do you play a nat? Might as well turn black.

I play pirate bc I give diddly about conquest (although do take part in pbs for loot). I do not like seeing a black map but would rather see healthy nations who feel comfy cozy so I can hunt their players.

What is so pathetic is not seeing national players, especially from large clans, not defend the few ports remaining. (Looking back to when pirates did some USA stomping.)

Right now it is too easy to rebuild. Hopefully when conquest gets reworked & ports are of more importance I'll hear of people defending their ports instead of empty pbs. (By then pirates probably will not be involved in conquest)

• Like 2

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

PS this would be the features if this was rust. 

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death)
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player delivered
  • NO NPC ships - only players!

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

nice, I like this guy xD "We can make an experiment" Are you a bond villain or something?  :D

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS

I'm in agreement with you, but the counter to that is; what else is there to do as a pirate?

Commerce raiding is ineffectual. There is no such thing as a strategic resource, No real XP/Gold gain in it either. Killing NPC Traders has no effect on /Nations/economy and is boring as f***, cause the AI is as dumb as a box of rocks. If you do find a poor player trader ship it only impacts that player personally.

In short; there is no reason for a Pirate to act like a pirate.

So yes, we are left to create our own content.Take the Black away and give us a Portugese/Prussian whatever flag if that will make the other nations feel better :-)

I'm not sure commerce raiding is totally ineffectual. It is difficult with the current heavy dispersion of raw materials during alpha. But it still has to move since they removed the ability to teleport with cargo. The trick is to discover where a target build ships. Then know the most demanding materials are Coal, Iron, Hemp, Silver and Gold. Then figure out a way to hunt that. Unfortunately most of the ships moving will only be trader Lynx and cutters. They will only move once every few days. This complicates things more but it's not impossible.

Perhaps capture all the nearby ports of one material but leave one port alone. I know, getting your team to have the self control to leave one enemy port alone is the hardest thing in the game. But if they do then now you at least know one leg of their trade path for sure. Of course you have to buy up the port produced Mars in the captured ports to avoid smuggling.

Edited by Bach

. (Looking back to when pirates did some USA stomping.)

Dear Anne Wildcat,

And how do you propose we would have done that? we didnt have the numbers, we didnt have the ships and we didnt have a nation. We had a group of individual clans who did not have the nations interests at heart only thier personal agendas. It was smart to withdraw and allow LV to tire himself out, shed the loose weight of the nation and regroup.

regards,

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

• Like 1

When a nation is down to a few ports and so knows where the next pb is, MAN UP & DEFEND!

If you are at high enough rank to defend your ports but refuse to, why do you play a nat? Might as well turn black.

I play pirate bc I give diddly about conquest (although do take part in pbs for loot). I do not like seeing a black map but would rather see healthy nations who feel comfy cozy so I can hunt their players.

What is so pathetic is not seeing national players, especially from large clans, not defend the few ports remaining. (Looking back to when pirates did some USA stomping.)

Right now it is too easy to rebuild. Hopefully when conquest gets reworked & ports are of more importance I'll hear of people defending their ports instead of empty pbs. (By then pirates probably will not be involved in conquest)

The simple truth is: RvR/map conquest is a 12 hour/day job.

It is a fun ride for a while, but eventually, every job becomes boring.

• Like 3

Technically, you fail with France. Well, "you make a choice".

But you are the good guys in this affair, so no problem.

The funny things, for me, simple french player, its to see the blame against Spain, French, Danes... Pirates friends!

Well, during the black friday, Britain ally dont move for us.

When Spain was bullied by Britain, Holland dont move.

When Britain attack France territory, Sweden dont move neither, and "dont want to do PB" (they attack Pirates and Danes after).

When the Spanish need help, France come.

When the France need help, Spain come.

Danes always fight our opposant too.

...and yes, the Pirates play the same alliance game... and are better ally than Holland, Sweden or British.

Still my humble point of view.

We are all the bad guy of somebody.

Yes, a diplomatic patch is necessary, and yes, the pirate nation need amelioration.

But dont blame the game mecanic of an alpha game, just when you suddendly dont have the avantage anymore. Yesterday, it was the British Empire, today the Black Flag Empire. Tomorrow depend of you guys :)

Well I would have to argue that France chose to roll the dice, the Dutch just responded to what you rolled, join a Danish, Rat, French war against the swedes who we have a defensive alliance with?I think not.

Well sir, we may have won the war quicker that way militarily but we prefer to win the hearts and minds whilst holding on to intergrity and honour, well we try anyway.

Further down the line I like to think we took the higher ground.

• Like 4

Dear Anne Wildcat,

And how do you propose we would have done that? we didnt have the numbers, we didnt have the ships and we didnt have a nation. We had a group of individual clans who did not have the nations interests at heart only thier personal agendas. It was smart to withdraw and allow LV to tire himself out, shed the loose weight of the nation and regroup.

regards,

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Quite frankly, you work your strength to the enemy weakness. As a wise general once said "If you should suddenly find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics must suck!"

Now if they have the 25 ship dread fleet and you don't or just have the same 25 ship dread fleet then going head to head isn't the thing to do. Pirates have a HUGE amount of undefended territory. They have as many disgruntled or dissatisfied players inside their own ranks as any nation. They have x3 other potential enemies in their own back yard. So tell your leaders to stop thinking linearly, get creative and get dangerous.

• Like 1

When Britain attack France territory, Sweden dont move neither, and "dont want to do PB" (they attack Pirates and Danes after).

When was this then? Tour de France or homewaters?

Because when the Brits made their incursion into Aves and the French homeland we were

A. Not allied, since you guys cancelled our alliance after black friday to join those who conquered you. Yet expected help? Why?

B. We were already fighting the pirates at that point, and had been threatened that you guys would attack us because of it.

C. Considering how you're now defending how a major Danish clan gave the pirates a port to stage attacks from, perhaps we should've given the Brits a Swedish port to keep attacking the French from and then claimed that you weren't allowed to attack it at all - because apparently you're okay with that. But we didn't - you're welcome.

You are all speaking of peace and saying its our fault, well, when we talk about it what is your answer?

The swedes want our ports in the north

The dutch want our ports in the south

So yes you'll get your peace....when hell freezes over.

From what I've heard you guys have simply demanded to get every single port back, but do clue us in if you've made more reasonable proposals than that, it'd be nice to get some insight.

Edited by Guest

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death)
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player delivered
  • NO NPC ships - only players!

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

Make it happen

This is a bit like a Mexican standoff, where the devs say they will keep on delaying the pirate change every time we discuss it and the players say they'll stop playing if it isn't changed.

Not a preferable situation in any way,

I understand a bit of frustration from the devs part, its like we're getting a nice cake, but we're complaining the cherry on top is spoiled, to state the obvious, the cake is delicious...

I expect that the devs have a bit of a roadbook, and maybe some features can only be implemented after others have been implemented before it.

If you think about it they better dedicate their full attention to one major game change at a time and fine tuning it before adding another layer to the gameplay cake.

If they would implement a new crafting system, a new economy system, diplomacy and pirate fix at the same time, this would be too much of a game changer to ever properly fine tune it.

When you stack a house of cards, you better make sure whatever you are building on is solid enough before you ad more.

It is frustrating that we need to deal with this for some time, but lets just hope it turns out for the best.

Gordon Ramsay would be proud  :D I do agree though..

• Like 1

When was this then? Tour de France or homewaters?

Because when the Brits made their incursion into Aves and the French homeland we were

A. Not allied, since you guys cancelled our alliance after black friday to join those who conquered you. Yet expected help? Why?

B. We were already fighting the pirates at that point, and had been threatened that you guys would attack us because of it.

C. Considering how you're now defending how a major Danish clan gave the pirates a port to stage attacks from, perhaps we should've given the Brits a Swedish port to keep attacking the French from and then claimed that you weren't allowed to attack it at all - because apparently you're okay with that. But we didn't - you're welcome.

From what I've heard you guys have simply demanded to get every single port back, but do clue us in if you've made more reasonable proposals than that, it'd be nice to get some insight.

I would like to add that we even helped the french by taking one of their ports that had no timer, so they could take it back the other day and set a timer, when brits were about to attack you. And we did that because you guys ask us to do so. Even the brits did not have a problem with us helping you set a timer.

But well I guess there is no point in telling that, since the french will keep seeing themselves as the poor victim.

• Like 2

IMO

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death) No thanks
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)Sure, makes ports more meaningful. Add no shipyards in free ports for nats (but pirates can have shipyards since conquest should not be meaningful to them and maybe remove pirate ports)
  • Ships have 1 lifeNo thanks or maybe if you add PVP ranks & this happens after a certain rank.
  • No teleportsGod, no
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. Sounds like a good idea
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player deliveredNo thanks for the reason given below
  • NO NPC ships - only players!Same as above, no thanks, but not due to XP, but the ability to hide among npcs in enemy waters is nice

Edited by Anne Wildcat

Um...it might be time to admit the pirates have you all duped into doing their bidding. Grab a flaggon of rum, a wench and just enjoy the ride.

On the serious side:

Pirates take the Gulf of Mexico. Only nation left here is Spain. Pirates ally with Spain. Pirates have secured the gulf.

Pirates push into Haiti. Only nation left here is Denmark. Pirates ally with Denmark. Pirates have secured Haiti.

Pirates destroy USA ports, USA breaks morale and shrinks. For the time being pirates have secured the Bahamas.

So now pirates are free to march south into Yucatan Britain for the next conquest.

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. There are 8 nations in the game. Pirates locked up x2 with battles and x3 with treaties. That leave the Dutch and the Swedes to do anything about it and they aren't in a position too. And if they try, the pirates have France to keep them busy. Strategically it's brilliant on the pirates part. They aren't just winning because they have a lot of pvp players. You are getting out played in diplomacy. It's a sand box so that still counts as a win.

Hmm... I must admit, this describes the current situation very well as far as I can see.

The problem with annexing a huge territory (like the Pirates did) is that you have to defend that large territory.

So following the above mentioned post there are Britain, Netherlands, Sweden and the US left to build allied forces against Pirate axis, aren't they?

Brave US Captains could keep Pirates busy in their backyard.

Netherlands and Sweden could concentrate their powers to get rid of the Pirate allies in their backyard (aka France).

Brits could concentrate on stopping the pirates advance on the Panama isthmus.

If this could be achieved next steps could be planned. 

However, if you want to stop Pirates, you have to work together. And who knows what happened to the Danes it there is a strong alliance against the black plague...

I would like to add that we even helped the french by taking one of their ports that had no timer, so they could take it back the other day and set a timer, when brits were about to attack you. And we did that because you guys ask us to do so. Even the brits did not have a problem with us helping you set a timer.

But well I guess there is no point in telling that, since the french will keep seeing themselves as the poor victim.

Yes, exact, sorry. "Poor victim"? No, absolutely not. Yesterday in global, some Dutch tell us "we should surrender". Just a point: we've got good ally. Why change? Why attack Pirates? Because they kick your ass now?

Wind change, and you dont really assume your diplomacy, just look this topic...

Maybe french council make mistakes, they are humans (I think), but its your point of view. We can argue on a lot of points, but here, in France, we know our friends. I don't speak about insulting peace offer, no, friends dont insult in global, in battle, don't cheers about you when they are close to win.

After two (enjoyable) wars against the French, I am actually looking forward to sail with you guys one day. However the cards seem to be dealt differently every time. :(

Maybe a day. Don't lose hope, I don't :)

Edited by Guillaume Longueheuse

There are clearly two differents groups on PVP1 and no discussion will make us agree with each other. When I read that some people want to eradicate 3 others nations because they are friendly with Pirates.....well....

Netherlands and Sweden could concentrate their powers to get rid of the Pirate allies in their backyard (aka France).

This is not their backyard, this is OUR territory, and we won't accept to be reduced to 6 or 7 ports. That is unacceptable offer, dot.

Now you are threatened by Pirates, well, deal with it and assume YOUR diplomacy, we'll do the same. We are in war because we had to defend our Danish allies, they are friends, you are clearly not. We will not surrender and you can't "win", no one can with the actual gameplay, that are facts.

If you don't accept to leave OUR ports, I suppose French Council (not speaking in their names, just a personnal opinion) won't accept peace, we are not your slaves.

and we won't accept to be reduced to 6 or 7 ports.

Ya, cos nobody demanded that. :rolleyes:

Either the french council shares false information within the french community or u guys are some real drama queens.^^

If you don't accept to leave OUR ports,

"Your" ports in the south were dutch ports before were we agreed on to leave them for the french when we had the peace talks.Now it´s same situation vice versa, but u guys just put propaganda everywhere.^^

Edited by praefect

Yes, exact, sorry. "Poor victim"? No, absolutely not. Yesterday in global, some Dutch tell us "we should surrender". Just a point: we've got good ally. Why change? Why attack Pirates? Because they kick your ass now?

Wind change, and you dont really assume your diplomacy, just look this topic...

Maybe french council make mistakes, they are humans (I think), but its your point of view. We can argue on a lot of points, but here, in France, we know our friends. I don't speak about insulting peace offer, no, friends dont insult in global, in battle, don't cheers about you when they are close to win.

Maybe a day. Don't lose hope, I don't :)

I don´t see them yet kicking our asses, and I never insulted frenchs in chat.

I´m simply stating facts. And I don´t ask you to surrender, I simply ask you to drop that "we are the victims" stuff. Accepting peace talks doesn´t equal a surrender, and demanding all your former ports back to even accept peace is in my point of view a bad move. 

If you are not able to accept the fact that we never forced you into this war that the danes started, and keep on ensisting on a territorial roll back to the state prior this war, this is simply arrogant.

All I say is that you should maybe think of the possible outcome if this war will go on.

Imagine that the pirates/danes/french/spain would actually be able to win this war, who are they gonna fight then? The danes who are their backyard pets? Don´t think so! The spanish again? Don´t think so.

Do you think the danes are really a good ally? They force you into this war, and then watch you getting beaten down to 3 ports at one point, while they only concentrate on their west front, and even hire a pirate clan to fight their war?

And if some people might consider this post a whining post, I simply couldn´t care less. ;)

• Like 2

There are clearly two differents groups on PVP1 and no discussion will make us agree with each other. When I read that some people want to eradicate 3 others nations because they are friendly with Pirates.....well....

This is not their backyard, this is OUR territory, and we won't accept to be reduced to 6 or 7 ports. That is unacceptable offer, dot.

Now you are threatened by Pirates, well, deal with it and assume YOUR diplomacy, we'll do the same. We are in war because we had to defend our Danish allies, they are friends, you are clearly not. We will not surrender and you can't "win", no one can with the actual gameplay, that are facts.

If you don't accept to leave OUR ports, I suppose French Council (not speaking in their names, just a personnal opinion) won't accept peace, we are not your slaves.

No point in discussing with you then. ;)

As I see it we did more for you then your so called friends. ^^

This is not their backyard, this is OUR territory, and we won't accept to be reduced to 6 or 7 ports. That is unacceptable offer, dot.

There was no offer at all.  :P

Edited by Dick Brave

Was quite a LOL storm on global chat :) Don't take it too much to heart, was a great comedy moment during a long sail.

IIRC was during the hour before the El Toco attack ? 1am or something western europe time :)