Game-Labs Forum

Nations should rally against the Pirates before its too late!

Hornblower V

And here comes Lord Vicious with some shit eating comment about how he is infact better than everyone else.....wait for it!....Wait for it!! XD

P.S - Bach you're on Vicious' sphincter like a Goanna drinking arent ya?

Nah, I'm not particularly happy about him either but it's time to face facts about how the black flag team is succeeding. Then figure out how to beat them. The top reason, even though they are pirates, is that they are making wise treaties and then only really fighting one group at a time. Britain should have seen the writing on the wall and been kissing Up with Spain instead of dueling over islands while the US fell. Similar with Denmark. If the pirates didn't have Spain and/or Denmark pseudo securing boarders the map would be a lot less black.

• Like 3

And this change doesn´t need much work, it is a much needed hotfix!

I've been thinking the same.. I wonder, though, how severe the nation switch thing rly is.. I guess only the devs rly know... I mean, I bought NA back in January and as far as I remember was nation hopping more of a test thing than a 'tooth and nail' related RvR issue... Something to think about, I guess :rolleyes:  I also don't see many new names in chat, sure, there's every once in a while a loner but except for the Aussies I rly haven't seen anything like recruitment msgs in nation chat or talk or whatever..

But sure, it would please a lot of people for the time being if they released a hotfix.. 

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS

You forgot to mention the Nation-ragequitters that turned pirates...and that´s not because of diplomacy. ;)

All other nation that are allied/friends with them just don´t have the balls to fight them, because the pirates have superior numbers, and this number will most likely rise even more. Again not a win in diplomacy if you ask me.

And now they even hire a pirate clan to attack us. :lol:  And this I totally count as win for us swedes and our friends and allies the dutchs!  :P

Although this effect is true and I agree that players should lose as much switching pirate as any other nation we have to be fair. For this mechanic to ever come into play the switching players must first be unhappy with their nation. If they weren't unhappy they don't leave and then don't pick the easy path to leave too. So the problem that gets this ball rolling in a nation occurs before the choice to go pirate is selected. You don't get to be a leader just by telling people what to do. You have to have the talent of also getting them to want to do it.

• Like 2

The game is allready dead and it is allready too late until the promised fix of diplo mechanic and pirate mechanics is going to be fixed.

Devs have ignored the issue for far to long, any words they say are hollow at this point. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when I'm able to get back to it in a couple months.

I've been thinking the same.. I wonder, though, how severe the nation switch thing rly is.. I guess only the devs rly know... I mean, I bought NA back in January and as far as I remember was nation hopping more of a test thing than an RvR related issue... Something to think about, I guess :rolleyes: I also don't see many new names in chat, sure, there's every once in a while a loner but except for the Aussies I rly haven't anything like recruitment msgs in nation chat or talk or whatever..

But sure, it would please a lot of people for the time being if they released a hotfix..

The only thing players lose nation hoping is blue prints. Everything else can be traded over to the new character. BP loss probably only really matters to one in three characters. But those characters are clan members and a whole clan tends to defect to the same nation. If you wanted them to come to your nation you need to find a way to have spare blue prints ready for the few that need them and then you'll probably get the whole clan. Otherwise they are most likely going pirate driven so by their ship builders. Edited by Bach

Nah, I'm not particularly happy about him either but it's time to face facts about how the black flag team is succeeding. Then figure out how to beat them. The top reason, even though they are pirates, is that they are making wise treaties and then only really fighting one group at a time. Britain should have seen the writing on the wall and been kissing Up with Spain instead of dueling over islands while the US fell. Similar with Denmark. If the pirates didn't have Spain and/or Denmark pseudo securing boarders the map would be a lot less black.

Dear Bach,

Why would anybody fight them? They have the Dread Fleet and the ability to build/craft ships that is unparalleled by any group in the game also everyone who could fight are a world away and not interested in the Geo-Politics of the W & NW. The fact is the games broken and unbalanced, I will continue to play how i want to play. (Frigate warfare against Spanish Cub atm:) )

Thats basically all we can do because as more ports fall more people join thier ranks because the game allows them to do so.

Regards

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

Edited by saintjacktar

Sweden will never give in to this black menace, your minions will not make us crumble - irrespective of their numbers.

All they will get is cannonballs crushing their ships followed by a short drop with a sudden stop on the Gustavia market place.

We will strike deep into your black heart with Swedish steel, we will liberate those witch received the black mark from you.

To the countries with the black mark - rethink where you are heading, free your self of the darkness; be sure Sweden will fight shoulder on shoulder with you.

Together we can set stop to the black death tinting the Caribbean map into something unhealthy, driving the infection back to the shallows it came from.

Let the war horns sound, release the dogs of war - let us make history, a time heroes are born and are becoming truly immortal.

Valhalla awaits us, let us make our ancestors proud - we will soon meet all of them and feast with them!

/OOC

The playerbase drives the game at this state. If there is something wrong, then the problem is the playerbase - blaming the devs is just wrong in this case.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

Let's face it: that ships has sailed.

Most British clans for instance have gone more or less inactive. If they do at all, people come online once a day or once every two days to pick up some resources do a little crafting and than log off again.

They are either burnt out by constant fighting or bored or by the lack of new content. And no: changing the way cannon balls penetrate or bounce of is not "new content" it's the changing of mechanics to existing content. I don't think people are leaving because ship battles in general are boring to them.

I don't think activity will pick up again befor the next patch.

What I would strongly advice though is not to rush the next "real content" patch if raising the player numbers again is a real issue for development. People tend to come back for new patches. If there is not enough new content the are gone again after a day or two. And I don't believe they will come again x times. So I'd rather do a big patch that keeps people interested for some time but takes a while to get released than 5 small updates that won't keep people interested.

To the topic of nation switch:

Crafting and getting BPs is a hideous task. If I would have to do it, or a large pardt of it again I wouldnt change nation (and I am not for different reasons as well)

People have talked about the private mechanic for months now. And even though we don't know if it would have changed anything at all, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to think that it could all have gone differently by just taking that "recruitment advantage" away from them. At least we wouldn't have to talk about it if devs would have done it.

• Like 6

I'm a pirate player and even I think we have gone too far!

We have captured so many ports that the game may as well be called Pirate Action. This has made me lose interest in the game and I say that a port reset is needed to bring some life back into the game.

We currently have an unfair advantage and we need a nerf quick!

• Like 2

Every post like that delays the pirate mechanics and diplomacy by a month :)

Just by saying the game is dead - you have just delayed the fixes till august. Game have not yet launched - players are playing a testing alpha version. 

I think I will add fishing first instead

it is just that A testing alpha version on steam hmmm look at the game RUST. been on Steam in 2 years as alpha. here they make a uppdate to the game one time every month have a good test bed were players can chose to play on the test system in 2 ver. and having around 30k players online last year every day. and they have even if it is hard to find a list off stuff they try to fix and times on those when it will be done. ok they missing some parts but the players follow it. Here we have no ide what happends or when a patch will come or if it will be there and will it be some good change or only a test change to see how it goes? 

Um...it might be time to admit the pirates have you all duped into doing their bidding. Grab a flaggon of rum, a wench and just enjoy the ride.

On the serious side:

Pirates take the Gulf of Mexico. Only nation left here is Spain. Pirates ally with Spain. Pirates have secured the gulf.

Pirates push into Haiti. Only nation left here is Denmark. Pirates ally with Denmark. Pirates have secured Haiti.

Pirates destroy USA ports, USA breaks morale and shrinks. For the time being pirates have secured the Bahamas.

So now pirates are free to march south into Yucatan Britain for the next conquest.

Just admit it already, the pirates are kicking all your butts both militarily AND diplomatically. There are 8 nations in the game. Pirates locked up x2 with battles and x3 with treaties. That leave the Dutch and the Swedes to do anything about it and they aren't in a position too. And if they try, the pirates have France to keep them busy. Strategically it's brilliant on the pirates part. They aren't just winning because they have a lot of pvp players. You are getting out played in diplomacy. It's a sand box so that still counts as a win.

This is truth only becouse many Brits just disapeared or switched to Pirates. Till Brits were active, and had numbers  it was more less balanced. Now its free way for Pirates to paint map in black and leave something for their allies FRA, DEN, ESP.

Devs have ignored the issue for far to long, any words they say are hollow at this point. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when I'm able to get back to it in a couple months.

Any words we say are hollow at this point? Ouch..

I will never get tired of so-called open development participants who cant make the difference between ignored and not being worked on at the moment. We are aware on conquest issues - conquest improved by the release time, we work on our schedule, not your personal schedule.

You probably forgot that early access games are not released games, cant get a scored review, cant get a metacritic review and are only shown in steam game rotation if in top sellers. 

• Like 3

I'm a pirate player and even I think we have gone too far!

We have captured so many ports that the game may as well be called Pirate Action. This has made me lose interest in the game and I say that a port reset is needed to bring some life back into the game.

We currently have an unfair advantage and we need a nerf quick!

I'm in agreement with you, but the counter to that is; what else is there to do as a pirate?

Commerce raiding is ineffectual. There is no such thing as a strategic resource, No real XP/Gold gain in it either. Killing NPC Traders has no effect on /Nations/economy and is boring as f***, cause the AI is as dumb as a box of rocks. If you do find a poor player trader ship it only impacts that player personally.

In short; there is no reason for a Pirate to act like a pirate.

So yes, we are left to create our own content.Take the Black away and give us a Portugese/Prussian whatever flag if that will make the other nations feel better :-)

• Like 1

it is just that A testing alpha version on steam hmmm look at the game RUST. been on Steam in 2 years as alpha. here they make a uppdate to the game one time every month have a good test bed were players can chose to play on the test system in 2 ver. and having around 30k players online last year every day. and they have even if it is hard to find a list off stuff they try to fix and times on those when it will be done. ok they missing some parts but the players follow it. Here we have no ide what happends or when a patch will come or if it will be there and will it be some good change or only a test change to see how it goes? 

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

PS this would be the features if this was rust. 

• Permadeath (you have to restart from 0 on death)
  • Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 
  • No NPC traders - all have to be player delivered
  • NO NPC ships - only players!

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

• Like 3

• Ports are fully robbed on capture (all resources are looted, all ships taken, all buildings burnt)
  • Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports
  • Food, water requirements for you and your crew which dies if you don't have water after 3 days at sea. 

I know you are being sarcastic (I think?) but OMG yes!!! I'd pay (again) for a super hardcore mode like that^^^

They kinda do share their schedule. Why do you think they start their development priorities poll?

They give us a choice to vote on what we want developed next. All options are part of their schedule.

My advice is to wait as I'm sure no one wants a rushed game. I will not deny that I want to see pirates seen to but I am more than prepared to wait until the time is right.

Every post like that delays the pirate mechanics and diplomacy by a month :)

Just by saying the game is dead - you have just delayed the fixes till august. Game have not yet launched - players are playing a testing alpha version. 

I think I will add fishing first instead

TBH less and less ppl are playing this alpha, few more steps forward by Pirates, and u'll have Pirate testers and maybe their allies, but without pvp i doubt they will stay to long. Have i delayed real "big changes" by another month with this post? Maybe add shooting to birds when fishing will be ready.

TBH less and less ppl are playing this alpha, few more steps forward by Pirates, and u'll have Pirate testers and maybe their allies, but without pvp i doubt they will stay to long. Have i delayed real "big changes" by another month with this post? Maybe add shooting to birds when fishing will be ready.

It's comments like that which the devs can do without. Maybe the delaying development statement was an over exaggeration but who knows. Neither you nor I am game developer.

What do you mean you have no idea when a patch will come? We provide updates every month its even stated in the first announcement on steam. 

PS this would be the features if this was rust. 

• Ships have 1 life
  • No teleports

Can you guys handle this like rust players? We can make an experiment one day. But we know what will happen. 

An MMO-game (in any state, even early access) is mostly a vehicle to bring people together to have some (testing) fun. In EA the developer gets testing feedback the tester gets fun whilst giving his time doing it (and not something else) and even sometimes gets some nice extras. Win-win.

Hence question number one should always be: is the testing audience still having fun whilst the development team is reaching their goals for testing? If that answer is still yes for the development team, all is good!

It is your game, your development, your testing, your early access. If you don't want feedback, criticism or praise, stop early access, close down these forums and deliver when you think it is ready. Either way is probably fine by most players, no need to get cranky about it in posts like these.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 5

They cannot close anything down now. The game has already been released in alpha.

The time to do what you suggest would have been in closed alpha where we give feedback and they close the game while the changes are made then we come back to repeat the process. This is, in my oppinion, a less productive method.

This game has made major improvements since sea trials and some may argue it is going through a rough patch but don't all games at one point?

I have 100% trust in the devs that the finished game will be a shining glory and complaining about its current state will only delay this.

Before you complain again remember:

This game is NOT finished yet, we stil have way more improvements to come be they graphical or in game.

• Like 5