Game-Labs Forum

Nations should rally against the Pirates before its too late!

Hornblower V

Dear Anne Wildcat,

And how do you propose we would have done that? we didnt have the numbers, we didnt have the ships and we didnt have a nation. We had a group of individual clans who did not have the nations interests at heart only thier personal agendas. It was smart to withdraw and allow LV to tire himself out, shed the loose weight of the nation and regroup.

regards,

Captain saintjacktar

USS BANSHEE

Australian Flotilla

Tattered Flags

United States

This was my argument against having clans in the game waaay back in sea trials!!!

I expressed the very thought that it was going to be a problem when clans put their needs/wants above the nation's! And look what has happened... Is happening for that matter...

We are seeing entire clans flip sides to hurt their former nation.

We are seeing clans not participate in defense of ports because they haven't been given their due respect or it's not beneficial to them.

We will be seeing clans decide the national policy in the future and you can bet your sweet bippy that they'll benefit the most from those decisions!

Clans are all about attacking ports because that's highly rewarding and after a future patch will be very valuable in participating in the politics and national decisions in the game.

When clans do attack/defend ports, they often limit who can join the port battle. Reasons given include coordination, ship size, communication, tactics... But the pugs can't learn/earn those things if they're never allowed in to experience a port battle. Additionally, when you're made to repeatly "screen" you don't get any of the rewards of the port battle victory. So you put large amounts of valuable game time in for NOTHING if nobody shows up for you to "screen"... Meanwhile, you have to listen to dudes crow about all their riches and rewards on teamspeak while you got nothing or worse... lose a ship keeping an enemy from reinforcing the port battle...

I also realize that there is no way around having clans in the game. It the pack mentality of human nature and it cannot be stopped. It's way more fun to be the curb stompers rather than the curb stomped!!! Fact of life. It's just another thing to contend with in the game... "Part of the game"

I continue to play this game as a loyal AMERICAN...

• Like 2

Classic nation chat - "Someone should defend!" or "Anyone going to defend ?" syndromes

believe or not - its the same for the pirates. just weeks ago we were blocked in st nick by vp/brits/swedes, and the pirates majority had their fun with npc fleets (eu timezone). so we actually know the pain tda/tf or slrn felt.

Edited by dumpert
  • Like 1

believe or not - its the same for the pirates. just weeks ago we were blocked in st nick by vp/brits/swedes, and the pirates majority had their fun with npc fleets (eu timezone). so we actually know the pain tda/tf or slrn felt.

Of course it is the same.

The principle should be - when you turn pirate it should be a punishement for something bad you did to your nation fellowman, not a reward like it is now. This issue also needs revising from a historical perspective.

This is sort of a split up. Enough figures went from a nation to piracy and others just suddenly showed up as pirates with no navy history. So I do not really see Pirates being exclusively "born" out of a nation.

A few weeks ago, Pirates way was British and everyone of Suede, US or Dutch found normal than they rules the waves (as they shouted) !

They was the strongest, didn t respect any word and was proud to reduce contemptuously all opponents, forcly cowards .

Where is the difference with Lord Vicious or his friends ?

Ah yes, Lord Vicious is a pirate and cannot have any honor or word ?

Learn a bit your history and you ll discover than word and honour was most on Pirate side than Nations. 

Pirates dont break the game more than Brits did.

Alanxo Libertarian Privateer

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 2

First and foremost he is being an asshole about it on the forum ;-)

Other than that it doesn't matter who does it.

In truth it wasn't like that though. The game was kind of balanced with a large alliance fighting the British nation. Ports where going back and forth and there was fighting going on. It burnt out a lot of Brits and they went inactive, not coming back from their brakes yet because other issues started to show. (Maybe accelerated by British idleness)

And yes pirates. Do break the game more than Brits did because Brits didn't have a constant easy stream of new recruits. And this is accelerated by game mechanics.

I am not worried though. Change is in the making and while I would hope it comes tomorrow I am willing to wait and give devs the time they need to do it. :-) I think most changes implemented as of now are going into the right direction even though it does take some iterations. . Changes that didn't go right were either corrected or taken back.

All of that other shit is primarily our fault as a community. It's not toxic because devs make it toxic it is because we let a bunch of foul eggs ruin the basket... That one is on us.

• Like 2