Game-Labs Forum

WHY BOTHER TO DO PVP ? NOT WORTH IT ?

I am amazed that it's me (strictly PvE)  who has to point out the obvious solution to your problem:

PvP in NA misses the most important thing for any PvP: boasting rights aka non-material rewards.

Install titles, medals, insignia, weekly ranking lists..... etc  for sinking x ships, winning y Port Battles  whatever you guys consider an achievement in PvP.  

Problem solved.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

I am amazed that it's me (strictly PvE)  who has to point out the obvious solution to your problem:

PvP in NA misses the most important thing for any PvP: boasting rights.

Install titles for sinking x ships, winning y Port Battles etc. or whatever you guys consider an achievement in PvP. 

Problem solved.

There is no problem to solve.

• Like 2

The POINT IS...

PVP should give the best rewards on this server...Not just the occasional PORT battles but everyday fighting..

Bot Fighting should be a Distant second to PVP..PVE is something you do when you can not find a Good fight

They do give the best results per battle if the battle is even.

The problem likes in results per hour - good pvp battle is harder to find.

• Like 4

The reason why you pvp, or even why you play this game (like me still in it after over 2.5k hours) is the feeling you get when you win against a decent player. No matter the xp and gold given by AI bots it can not be close to winning a battle 1 vs 1 when you know you bested your opponent.... Even loosing these battles gives experiance and feeling of time well spend... So if it is some rewards you are looking for you are not seeing the whole picture.

• Like 2

I agree on more PvP/PvE content. PvP marks that would unlock new ship BP (account bound) and much better rewards and loot. There is a big empty hole here and it needs to get patched sooner or later. Players need to see a list of rewards, play and compete to get them all.

They do give the best results per battle if the battle is even.

The problem likes in results per hour - good pvp battle is harder to find.

I have to agree. I went from rank 2 thru 6 on nothing but pvp xp and had plenty of money to show for it. If there is any problem here I don't think it is in the reward system. When I got all that pvp xp it was during the French v Pirate wars on pvp2. That battle front was clear and it was right outside the last remaining port we French had. Playing in Spain on pvp1 I think I'm seeing the other side of things. This past weekend I sailed a quarter of the map and only encountered x2 pvp fights. During this time two ports were attacked. These battle were about a 40 min sail away so no chance of me getting into the PB. So I'm finding it much more difficult to find pvp and join PB's in the spread out nature of Spain. We need some kind of mechanic that promotes a "battle front" area players know to patrol for pvp and some way to get into port battles better. Without these we seem to need to hang around capitals ports to much and guess on which port gets attacked next.

What if:

A political system was installed that declared wars (limit of two at a time) and declared allies (limit of two at a time). This might likely create easily identifiable war fronts. Port battles need some kind of a delay time that allow a nation to prepare and respond. Perhaps when we purchase the flag and it becomes available for pick up 24 hours later. The defender still doesn't exactly know which port the flag is coming from but they know which port they need to be at and when for defense?

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

The biggest problem with pvp is that they are making pve so damn easy to get to easy to day and pretty rewarding. I dont see a problem with that.....on a PVEA server but in pvp server its a different story.

Now that everyone can just travel , like the guy said , 10 minutes and find all your pve missions and epic quest etc.

So if course the few hard core pvp guys are all out looking for a figt amd if they find the ine poor guy with no situational awareness making his way toa pve missions they of course attack him. To compound the poor guys problem he almost for sure has carronads loaded to make the pve even easier so the pvp guys make short work of him.

The other day i had close to 2 million gold worth of stuff on my ship moving it to another port and ran into 3 british warships who would have crushed me. The lead ship PMed me saying dont worry im safe , they are headed to a mission.

Lol making pve so easy to find and doin a pvp server is what i cant figure. I dont see how anything can ever be balanced or worked out when most of the peopl on the pvp server want to only pve and of course steam roll port battles as thier pvp lo.

I am always looking for Pvp. It has been my experience, that if I can find Pvp, then the rewards are great. It can be really fun and exciting. I have also had nights where even though I am actively searching in enemy hot spots, I find little to nothing in the way of good fights. Those are the most frustrating and demoralizing nights.

I think everyone's experience in this game is heavily effected by when you play. I usually play late night US time which is a much slower time of day. I can roam around for hours in enemy waters sometimes and find very little. I can sail those same waters in Euro prime time and find way too many people to deal with. This argument is everyone is having is hard to resolve because different people have very different experiences.

I don't know that rewards are as important as gameplay elements that encourage people to be in the same spots at the same time. I would love to see Pvp missions that send you out to places the server knows your enemies are. "Run a patrol around Guibara and sink or capture 3 pirate players." At the same time pirate Pvp missions would send them to the same area to sink or capture American ships. Rewards people want could be tied to those missions. This basic sort of idea would be fun tied to a real diplomatic system of some kind. As long as exploit considerations are dealt with, I would love something like that.

The biggest issue I have with Pvp is not the rewards, it's the finding other people to fight.

• Like 4

I am always looking for Pvp. It has been my experience, that if I can find Pvp, then the rewards are great. It can be really fun and exciting. I have also had nights where even though I am actively searching in enemy hot spots, I find little to nothing in the way of good fights. Those are the most frustrating and demoralizing nights.

I think everyone's experience in this game is heavily effected by when you play. I usually play late night US time which is a much slower time of day. I can roam around for hours in enemy waters sometimes and find very little. I can sail those same waters in Euro prime time and find way too many people to deal with. This argument is everyone is having is hard to resolve because different people have very different experiences.

I don't know that rewards are as important as gameplay elements that encourage people to be in the same spots at the same time. I would love to see Pvp missions that send you out to places the server knows your enemies are. "Run a patrol around Guibara and sink or capture 3 pirate players." At the same time pirate Pvp missions would send them to the same area to sink or capture American ships. Rewards people want could be tied to those missions. This basic sort of idea would be fun tied to a real diplomatic system of some kind. As long as exploit considerations are dealt with, I would love something like that.

The biggest issue I have with Pvp is not the rewards, it's the finding other people to fight.

I like that idea of having the computer send players to matching areas for pvp missions. A lot of good potential there. Well said sir!

This sounds more like a PvP2 problem, though I will not disagree with you that defenders are generally woefully at a disadvantage when ports aren't nearby. It is assumed that port battles will be seeing an overhaul in the future.

Moved to PvP1 a couple weeks ago. My experience here has been identical. Most ports we lose are because nobody is based near there, or teleport timers aren't ready, and we can't get enough people there in time. And then when we counter-attack apparently the enemy has the same problem because more often than not, they don't show up either.

If you don´t want to split your forces to keep them stationed at a port this means you have too many ports already or you are not using your forces clever enough (keeping the main force alltogether will make you vulnerable).

I like it, don´t get to many ports if you can´t defend them in the necessary timeframe. I call that a good game balance.

Just being devils advocate.

What percentage of the population can realistically expect to see those kinda fights, especially if they are not in the upper echelon of the bigger clans?

Pretty much anyone afaik. For example we are 10-men clan, we can field 6 Santisimas for a port battle, though it takes a while to recover if we loose more than 2 ships. Those bigger clans accept our help without any problems.

Why bother to PVP?

How about the challenge of pitting your skill against another human?

How about the chance to capture a ship? (not possible with AI now)

How about the chance to defend your country against people trying to attack it?

How about the chance to take part in port battles and change the face of the map you play in?

If you need paying to PVP then you might as well play on a PVE server as there is a lot more to the game than grinding gold.

Edited by Edward the Black
  • Like 1

What if:

A political system was installed that declared wars (limit of two at a time) and declared allies (limit of two at a time). This might likely create easily identifiable war fronts. Port battles need some kind of a delay time that allow a nation to prepare and respond. Perhaps when we purchase the flag and it becomes available for pick up 24 hours later. The defender still doesn't exactly know which port the flag is coming from but they know which port they need to be at and when for defense?

proposed this:

Section 6,a  >  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12696-the-road-map-table-of-contents/?hl=roadmap

pvp already gives insane rewards.

3v4, (2xconsti and inger vs 4 constis) we sink 4 I get one kill, 3 assist. reward? 150k gold, 900XP.

Fight lasted a little less than an hour. (And my mates got even more)

You think thats not enough?

I think its bloody too much.

At least with the current economical situation.

• Like 3

I think one of the issues is the low server population at the time I've seen OP on.

I can find PVP most of the time I want it, problem is that it's typically 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2 type fights. Those at least from my experience don't pay out as much so I can see the frustration.

Can't even remember the last time I seen a large port battle or OW PVP battle in my time frame( 8:30- 10pm Eastren time)

I think one of the issues is the low server population at the time I've seen OP on.

I can find PVP most of the time I want it, problem is that it's typically 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2 type fights. Those at least from my experience don't pay out as much so I can see the frustration.

Can't even remember the last time I seen a large port battle or OW PVP battle in my time frame( 8:30- 10pm Eastren time)

Yes large scale open world pvp battles would be awesome.

2 reasons we don't see more of this in my opinion:

1.)Finding pvp.  The pvp hot spot.  Front lines of war.    Where do we all go if we want to pvp?  Usually based out of a free town next to the nations capital.  (I have seen some excellent proposed solutions elsewhere on the forums and will be tying those into a few of my own in the next roadmap update.)

2.)Battle join mechanics.  1.5brs. 2 minute timers.  only grabbing those in immediate range. Etc.  All of these things limit the ability of people to join an ongoing battle.  Some of them for good reasons some not so much.   In the end it might favor realism over fun which im not sure is the best course of action.   (again i would propose http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13263-propsed-new-open-world-battle-mechanics/)

Although with my proposal it would allow people not visible on the horizon when the battle started to join it would allow for a battle to evolve into an epic conflict or even several smaller conflicts within a given battle  thousands of meters from each other.   In the end i think the fun factor would greatly out weigh possible problems. 

• Like 1

The REASON Players LOVE - PVE  is because it is way more GOLD and XP then doing a regular fight in the open World.

Please don't make such blanketed statement as this. I love PvE because it fits better with my real life commitments. Don't assume because it was for XP and Gold - that could be any game anywhere. This game is unique and different strokes for different folks. Just because you see it as being more finacial rewarding doesn't mean everyone else is looking at PvE in that same manner as you.