Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

I appreciate all comments, suggestions and, sometimes, even rants and scream about the game... but this is not a complete game yet. It is not a game you find in stores, in a package, done, finished. It is a "game in progress" and every decision, every change, has to be tested by us, the players. I am grateful that devs ask for our opinions and suggestions.

I believe it is too early to judge the new patch... lets play a while and then lets post comments, ideas, critiques suggestions.

We'll see.....  I see some good changes and some worrisome ones.    I worry the lack of NPC capped ships is really going to put a further hamper to the limited PVP I see.   Still going to be all Gank just more cautious and fewer gankees.  I also see the bigger and more developed clans/players gaining significant advantage here due to same thing.   High Level Ship Crafters Just made a killing.    Let's wait and see,  little patches always have bigger than expected impact as players learn and explore the exploitable...this one has potential to be seriously game changing.  

Edited by RA6E

I went up against a frigate in my Trinco, managed to fire 2 broadsides into him which took out half of one side, he managed to fire 3 broadsides and I sank, starboard side was wiped of armour and I had 5 leaks. I think the whole thing took about 4 minutes! Ho Hum

I think it's better to focus on the sort of gameplay the majority of the players takes part in. I mean it's fun to pretend the game where that happens all day and everyone does this actually exists, but it's just not the case. People were also more than happy to pretend that traders would enjoy playing the victim all day long so pirates have plenty of player traders to hunt, and the same fallacy applies here. People aren't gonna be happy to lose their ships because some other player wanted the upgrade, so they'll be protective of their ships. It's not going to work out.

So if you think taking away AI captures means players will simply target other players for ships now and as a result we'll see more PVP, I think you are mistaken. Players will simply use the next easiest method to obtain a new ship, which simply is either crafting it themselves or paying someone with the easy come money from PVE.

Sorry, just pointed one of the extremes. I know the aim is the average, so let's keep aiming for the average, from both ends of the extreme :)

• Like 1

A couple issues:

1. When I am right on top of a battle, we're now unable to join because we're too close to the center of the battle.  So if we sail to the perimeter to be able to join it then we pass through the range in which we can join imperceptibly quickly.  And then in a split second we're out of range of joining the battle.  This is a problem -- I'm sure the intent was not to make it quite that difficult to join a battle.

2. Leaks/ramming.  If leaks are this easy to get and this difficult for a crew to lug before sinking then ramming returns as a primary tactic in battles.  Perhaps it is now the primary tactic.  Do we want that?

• Like 1

pah, the patch is the biggest fail in history of Naval Action.

Leaks everywhere you look. you have no Chance to repair.

I mean every KI Ships give you 3 to 5 leaks with a broadside and you have no Chance at all. And when someone ram you then good night. 

My 3rd rate got ramed by an KI Essex and the game was over after 10 Minutes.

I was realy positive about the patch before, but now after loosing one durability twice in a row I must say "FAIL" and "Shame on you DEVs". that is not funny anymore.

I'm out now for a cooldown before i Smash my keyboard against the wall.

• Like 3

Leaks - Completely out of hand. needs a hotfix asap. this makes suicide ships a very viable tactic (use a small ship to suicide sink a big ship via ram). 

BR Limit - You can't fix ganking in a pvp game. If you don't want to get ganked, play on a pve server. This is just a weird mechanic that creates tons of new broken pvp mechanics.

Fleet missions - remove friendly AI they are very annoying. they get in the way and will not allow you to form lines since they will just park and shoot the enemy AI. not to mention they sometimes run off with enemy ships.

Edited by snackbar
  • Like 4

Br system doesn'nt seem to work. Essex tagged our 2 constis and after that 2 3rd rates joined the battle.

Initial br was 600vs200

afterwards it was 600vs1250

900 should be max or do i oversee something?

br_na82rij.jpg

Edited by Otsego

just roll back this patch now and fix the things that need to be fixed after all we are just testing for you so it wont really matter much

the flooding is out of control even the slightest ram will prob sink you 

also seems armor is no longer valid just hp is cause the few battles i have not flooded in ai ships seem to be doing twice if not 3 times more damage than yesterday

roll this back till it is tested correctly

also maybe you should think about putting up a test server ever if it is russia so we can test these things for you i am will to give it a go for you

i dont think useing the real server to see it things are broken is a good way to go at the rate you are losing players i know you dont care but us players do when every nite we long in and see less and less people playing

install a real test server and roll back this patch

Edited by Atomic Moose
  • Like 6

Whoa!

What have you done?
The AI that I've faced today are averaging about a 80% hit ratio, range is no hindrance to their targeting, they can hit a ladybug at 800 meters!

While at the same time I'm having to re-learn the art of aiming! (used to be pretty dam good).

I've not measured their rate of fire but it seems like it's non-stop.

Did a Fleet mission with my Frigate (Ravager), one pass through the mob & I was done for, did repairs, tried to escape & the entire enemy fleet chased me down and finished me! they just ignored my friendly AI's.

I'll admit the NPC's where too easy before but what you have done with them now is kinda crazy!   Please fix this.

In reference to my earlier post about screen freeze's & crash's, I re-installed steam and re-downloaded today's patch and problem solved.

• Like 3

Whoa!

What have you done?

The AI that I've faced today are averaging about a 80% hit ratio, range is no hindrance to their targeting, they can hit a ladybug at 800 meters!

While at the same time I'm having to re-learn the art of aiming! (used to be pretty dam good).

I've not measured their rate of fire but it seems like it's non-stop.

Did a Fleet mission with my Frigate (Ravager), one pass through the mob & I was done for, did repairs, tried to escape & the entire enemy fleet chased me down and finished me! they just ignored my friendly AI's.

I'll admit the NPC's where too easy before but what you have done with them now is kinda crazy! Please fix this.

In reference to my earlier post about screen freeze's & crash's, I re-installed steam and re-downloaded today's patch and problem solved.

I logged out till or if its fixed too. They over compensated the the ai strength for some reason.

• Like 1

Br system doesn'nt seem to work. Essex tagged our 2 constis and after that 2 3rd rates joined the battle.

Initial br was 600vs200

afterwards it was 600vs1250

900 should be max or do i oversee something?

br_na82rij.jpg

When the 2nd 3rd joined, the BR was not 1.5:1, so it could join. As long as you can fill even 10 BR to get that 1.5:1 BR filled, you could put a Santi into the battle. It doesnt matter how muhc you go over as long as it wasnt filled before. The next guy couldnt enter anymore.

• Like 1

The NPC fleets are bugged. Their rate of fire is lame! Just engaged a 3rd rate with my Pavel. If I didn't succed in a boarding, he would have killed me. He was not even close to half armor on his sides... 

Too many bugs and unbalanced things.

Gonna be off some time, this is not playable.

• Like 5

Well, its got a lot harder and nothing wrong with that. I like a challenge.

I also loved capping ships, it was a lot of fun, best part of the game for me.

Take away the prize, I see little incentive. I understand balance, I understand realism, but it it also has to be fun and worth while.

Gold isn't worth anything in game, ships and resources are the real commodity.

Take cap ships for gold and there is very little left to aim for.

The AI does feel like its got a much greater advantage over us human players now.

It feels like the AI can fire at better angles, more than human players can and they hit harder.

I don't mind an up hill fight, but it feels more like work now than fun.

Human skill has now been offset by what feels like cheaty AI.

I'm still playing, but at a much reduced amount.

Oh, and please paint the ships correctly, shouldn't the yellow bands follow the gun ports, not run half way through them?

• Like 3

Lots of good things in this new patch (I wanna thank the Devs for all the hard work they're putting to improve the game). That said, I don't really like the new leaks system. Improving leaks role in a battle outcome is the right direction to follow in my opinion, but they are too much decisive at the moment, reducing richness and tactical variety of a fight. Really hope that the whole leaks/ramming issue will be addressed soon. The new features go in the right direction, maybe they just need a little tweak to be perfect :) . Moreover...I really miss all the capping thing...was really really funny to cap ships from Ai and sail them... :(

Edited by Red Jack Walker
  • Like 1

1,5x BR limit seems fair BUT if that limit is reached on one side THE OTHER SIDE CAN'T BE REINFORCED.

So make it so if a side reaches 1,5x BR the other faction can still join the battle, This mechanic is badly implemented right now, not to say it's really stupid to close a battle entirely if a side reaches a BR limit. Add to this the broken leak system and you have loads of suicide frigates exploiting this.

The battle timer until it closes also needs to be restored back to 5 minutes, maybe even more to compensate.

Edit:

Getting ONE leak on a small ship now means you're basically dead if you don't fix that one leak in time, You'll fall into an endless spiral of leaks, exponentially increasing the crew requirement to fix them in a small ammount of time, leading to getting 5 leaks from having only 1 and sinking, It's awful.

The game is literally unplayble right now.

Edited by Conde
  • Like 2

Nop, sadly not. Ther some points that are rly not helping the game, special not the sandbox factor of it ore the PBs.

Soften the ganking. 1.5x BR max:

Ok, that dosent rly help a singel ship getting jumped by a bunch of smaler ships. A lonly 3rd ore bigger will still get raped by a bunch of frigs. It dosend matter if ther 3 frigs ore 2 frigs sturncamping you.
What it rly is doing, it fucks the defence of your home area. Im yoused to make rades with my pirat brothers to Jamaika. Most of the time we go over ther with 8-10 players, just for a fight. And we got quickly attackt by a defenc force of 25+ ships, mostly even biggers. What is nice! Thats what a sandbox game needs, it needs to promote living togheter in an area, helping each other. With this mechanic, ther abillity to fight us off is reduced hardly.  It completly cutt of the new players to be able to join the big 25vs10 wher they can get som expirience without rly depending on the outcome. From now on if we bring 10 skilled players, the enemy needs to respons with evenly skilled players, cutting out all the newbs that just wanne see a nice fight.

Leak system reworked. If you shoot at the right places when ship or waves are in the right heel or position you can sink the ship by just generating enough leaks.

Did anyone ever testet this? Its way over the top now. Wher dos it add anything to a game? I men, nice,  now we can focus fier on a enemy ship of the line in a big battle and just nuke him with 1 combined volly, letting him sitting ther with 30+ leaks going down.  Shure it mabye realistik, but its the anoying part of realistic. It even takes content away from us by reducing the ability to fit our ships the way it helps our playstyle. Making equitment like Extra Pump, Extra planking and the Planking-trimm just mandatory if you dont wanne get nuked in a fight.

It also makes ramming way over the top. Ther was a huge complain that we just throw 3rds at each other killing 1rs with them like nothing. Now we do the same with cheap 80k frigs?Stuff like that NEEDS to get testet bevor, its nearly game breaking atm. Giving us a stupid amount of potential for trolling and just suiziding cheap ships at players. Thats not adding anything to the game exept for frusttraitet players. Even worse in combination with a NPC store that just vomits frigs on your face like.  Pls get inhand wth the big clans and communitys to know what the Meta is and how it will influenc it.

Its alredy happening:  http://prntscr.com/arwla2http://prntscr.com/arws1k

Defenc fleets are no longer 3rds or any ship with guns. Its just a bunch of suicide frigs. Get one of them for 80k, so you have 5 lives. Thats the actuell meta!  Take the frig, try to ram the flagship to death. Respawn at the port you wanne defend and repead it 5 times thx to your durability. Is this rly what you want in this game? It dosend feel like big intens Trafalga style fights anymore. This turns into a ramming simulatore.

The Br1.5x thing and the not loeaded guns are even promoting this shit.  The moment they manage to split you up, your atack is fucket cause they can just pull in small groups of ships, letting the rest of the atackfleet unabel to help them? Even if you stay in a group, 1sec differenc in the invu timer is enugh to fuck up evrything. This is how it looks then: http://prntscr.com/arwryz
We kill them? Nice, they have 5 duras and respaning in the Port 500m infront of us.
And in Combat? They spawn next to us and we cant shoot them, giving them plenty of time ramming us befor we even can return fier. Damend som of them didnt even had guns on ther ships.

Im not even complayning over the Watherwashing of the game, its just that all of this had been worked out in 1 ore 2 days of proper testing by peopel that know the meta. And now we still have thinks like that happening. Pls giv us somthing like a day one patch-patch.

• Like 5