Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

the position on the BP has changed over time and the way they work might change in the future even more.

If you learnt a skill - lets say a skill building a certain ship a certain way - we believe its kind of hard to transfer it to someone who has not. 

How so? I am not trading information on how I build my ships. I am simply trading how to build any ship.

Also completely unrelated to this, please don't give me a warning, but has there been any decisions on what if anything will be compensated for the forced server merge?

Sounds very very good. I hope players will give feedback.

But I am in doubt we could give much feedback of the brig. At the moment I don't really see a place of it in battles.

For port battles for the next update: can we expect a completely different port battle system? And could it be something similar like POTBS? I would love to have more pvp/pve in open sea instead of multiple port battles each day. And port battles as unique events which needs pvp/pve in front of this port to start such events.

PvE content

• Large NPC fleets added to open world
  • Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more. Trading ships can be captured.

Statistically people don't lose ships much on the pve servers. I am sure it is 10x easier to build ships on PVE1. 

We are ok with cutting something people like if it brings other things that are a lot better - which is much better variety of enemies on the OW.

If we want to improve pve content the ability to capture must go - + its somewhat historical. Admiralty always took the captured ships away. 

+1 for the part with the larger fleets and most of the rest of the patchnotes

but how does the compensation you get for captured warships look like? Gold? Materials? +1 Dura on my actual ship? can i choose?

because I for myself mostly capped stuff like 3rds mostly to save me some time crafting as i broke them up to get more materials like large carriages...

• Price movements are disabled for NPCs - producing ports make and sell goods at one price, purchasing ports buy goods at one price to fix several minor bugs allowing random high income in several cases. 

This more or less kills the trading game. From now on all traders do is bring ressources from remote ports to the nation capital for crafters. Very boring.

and others Little nations like spain, no crafters no ships.

Never thought about this. Sorry for your loss. If you'd like ships, hit me up. I will sell them to you for bottom dollar prices. Sucks not being thought about in this change.

I agree that capture NPC ships should not result in a free ship. Even if pirates does it sometimes for getting a new ship it destroys the balance.

And of course pirates have had with the britains the first level 50 ship builders on pvp1 so yeah pirates are able to build ships.

i like nearly all of the changes, because i think more content with pve will bring more movement and more pvp into the waters, but the new restrictions with the BR will destroy it again. The renommee is already overpowered if you know how to use it.

• If you enter the duel room the combat will automatically start with another player waiting in the lobby if he has the same ship as you. In the future the threshold might be increased. Please provide feedback on the battle timers and exit timers in duels.

Nice job overall. Many ideas will need to be tested especially the land battles. The idea above, duels, it is something I will test first. It is another way to get into a fight fast and test your skills :)

Cannot wait till tomorrow.

This more or less kills the trading game. From now on all traders do is bring ressources from remote ports to the nation capital for crafters. Very boring.

You are not thinking your comment through. 

• Like 1

Land in Combat - cool

Rules of Engagement changed - looking forward to it

Mortar Brig - whaaaat?  Too cool for school

BP change - Huzzah - no more 3 and 4 repeats on Belle Poule Drop when trying for Ingermanland

need to cap traders to teleport now - no problem - do it anyway 

need to cap player ships to get a 1 Dura throw away - already doing that as well

with respect to the Pirates - everyone knows they are just another nation that has exclusive rights to a broken mechanic - im sure it will be fixed 

this is Early Access - the Devs are busting their ass to make an awesome game - enough with the whining - ENJOY IT!

John Bernard Shaw Cable - English Faction PVP 2 US (still here and enjoying it)

Edited by Yowilly
  • Like 1

I like some of the changes but you are making this game harder and harder for people that have limited time to play. if you cannot cap Fighting ships anymore and use them to send ships to outpost..increase the amount of traders in the water. 

• Like 1

• Ganking is considered a main problem by a large portion of the community and needs to be lessened a bit. We are bringing back an old feature FOR TESTING that was in game before the release. Initial attack does not have any limitations as before. But entering the battle cannot change the balance in battle for more than 1.5x BR difference. In this case if you got yourself into an even fight enemies close by will not be able to unbalance the battle. Of course if you see a large fleet on the horizon its still better to run.

Willing to give it a try but this seems to be catering to solo players at the expense of group players, who will more frequently find themselves separated.

Where I see this really hurting is in "the flanking tag".

We are chasing a target eastward. We'll probably never catch him on our own. We have another clanmate coming in from the far east, though, headed west. He cuts off the target's escape but obviously he is far separated from our group. If he tags the target he could end up in a 1v1 despite the fact that we were all just a little bit away.

Now we're probably stuck without our clanmate for the next hour.

I'm wondering if a tiered system would be better:

60 seconds(?) after the tag, anyone can join either side.

3 minutes(?) after the tag, anyone can join, subject to the 1.5x limitation.

Just looking for ways to let groups play together. This new rule may lead to tons of split groups.

I'm sure the solos don't care but they're not really the future of any game.

• Like 7

We are chasing a target eastward. We'll probably never catch him on our own. We have another clanmate coming in from the far east, though, headed west. He cuts off the target's escape but obviously he is far separated from our group. If he tags the target he could end up in a 1v1 despite the fact that we were all just a little bit away.

just a little bit is a relative term

2 mins = 2.4 hours sailing

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this patch.

Is this coming with a port wipe?

The only thing that stood out to me was the xp grind reduction. By adding the epic fleets and larger NPC fleets aren't you making it easier to grind. By adding these fleets and also reducing the amount of xp needed could you be making the grind to easy?

• Like 2

and others Little nations like spain, no crafters no ships.

Did you really think crafting was going to be optional for Spain forever?

@Admin if knowing a BP is making it impossible for it to drop, what exactly is gonna keep me from not learning the BP when I get it and craft more and more so I have more BPs to sell on the market?

There's a huge demand for Bellonas right now, even now at 50 for a week I have not crafted a single first rate yet. So why should I learn those BPs when I get them, when instead I can get more to sell?

Edited by Quineloe

Something needs urgent clarification:

- You can no longer capture NPC ships other than traders.

This is an excellent change.

So some are already complaining that they will need to purchase their ships. However, nothing in the patch note says you can no longer capture player ships, right ?

This is a great PVP incentive if I read this correctly.

Second hot topic is the teleport of your ship. Since you can still capure traders, I do not see the problem for sending your Victories/Santis/etc... to far out outposts, nothing has changed as far as I understand.

So overall I can't see anything negative here, this is all goodness and I'm really looking forward to this patch tomorrow.

A big round of applause to the developer team!

• Like 7

• Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more.

Game changer. 

Couple questions about the blueprint drop mechanism change:

Is the blueprint still going to drop as an item? What happens if you sell/destroy the blueprint you get, can you still get that bp as a drop or have you lost the chance to get it forever?

Does the chance of getting a specific blueprint stay the same even after you have got some of the possible blueprints from crafting the ship? I mean Mercury for example can drop a Surprise, Niagara and/or Renommee blueprint. Currently I think the way it works is that you have X%-chance to get any of those and you can get several different blueprints with the same craft if you are lucky.

Will the new system work so that you will have X%-chance to get one of the possible blueprints, regardless of how many different blueprints you could get from crafting that specific ship or will it continue to have separate percentage for each ship so as you get more of the possible blueprints your chance of getting a new one from each craft actually decreases?