Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

19 hours ago, rediii said:

You can twist it all the way you want. Only the danes got accused as a whole nation and by telling "one nation" etc. it is obvious which nation he means.

Geez its hard yakka this...when I did name nations back in episode 30-something I got a shellacking and I listened, thought about it and agreed with the criticism and that it lead to my L2tK being perceived as lop-sided.

Now I DON'T name nations but by NOT naming nations its obvious who I am referring too !! This is a hard one to balance.

So, lets say next week a new bugsploit is used (predominantly) by one nation...what terminology would be acceptable and non-insulting/insinuating ? Some Players ? Someone ?

Its bad enough that my microwave is spying on me...now Naval Action captains are misreading my mind and complaining !

This feels like when my wifey dreams I have had an affair....I cop the blame and don't even get the fun of the crime !

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 7

@ Jeheil

The "fingerpointing" was not directed to you, but to some posters in the thread.

- However - 
I believe that dupegate is a too sensitive matter to be in your series which is otherwise a great and fun watch.
To be technically correct, it was not a certain nation, but multiple nations aware of this exploit before it was made public.
That is why i was referring to your video also, my english might not be the best, i'm sorry for that.

I still think you make a great series and will enjoy it onwards, no disrespect or blaming intended towards you.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, sveno said:

@ Jeheil

The "fingerpointing" was not directed to you, but to some posters in the thread.

- However - 
I believe that dupegate is a too sensitive matter to be in your series which is otherwise a great and fun watch.
To be technically correct, it was not a certain nation, but multiple nations aware of this exploit before it was made public.
That is why i was referring to your video also, my english might not be the best, i'm sorry for that.

I still think you make a great series and will enjoy it onwards, no disrespect or blaming intended towards you.

I believe it is a" letter to the king "      >>to the king himself ......

not to the captains who intercept the message (they have to keep their "find"  hush,   hush)

ohw :and the Dutch Nation did not know this duplication  exploid ... perhaps that has to be told in the letter just for diplomatic reasons :))

There's a night-and-day difference between the usual 'bugsploits' (usually easy to know who's doing it, ambiguous as to its legality, often orchestrated) and the current case (hard to know who's doing it, definitely illegal, individual level), so naturally people aren't going to be happy about such claims being levied on a national level unless there's something to back it up.

IMO - this mod (& ships??) duplicating cheat is...

• if reports are even close to truth - has been exploited for months
  • therefore WAY too serious
  • has potentially affected too many people in every aspect of ship vs ship combat
  • is now fueling the national animosities of real life

This should not be handled quietly behind closed doors, or swept under a 'pending patch will make it all meaningless' rug.

I am not saying that names should be named, but a formal Tribunal statement released by GameLabs detailing

• description of bugs found, as in mods only or ships too? (definition)
  • date of first instance found in database investigation (duration)
  • number of captains found to be in violation with NO names or nationalities (extent)
  • confirmation of actions by GameLabs (resolution)
    • bug fixed?
    • duplicated mods deleted or no?
    • punishment(s) for violators (if any?)

Otherwise people will be left to assume their worst (and most biased) suspicions are true, and that is only going to further damage the already battered NA community.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, sveno said:

Albeit i liked the video, fingerpointing is just a bad sport; especially with the lack of information most of us have.
I've got a lot of information around dupegate and no nation can point fingers - so please stop that for the sake that NA lives on.
Let the admins deal with such things and this surely does not belong in this forum nor in the most popular video series.

3 hours ago, sveno said:

@ Jeheil

- However - 

Your finger pointing sure does seem to be directed at Jeheil.  But let's address some of the special snowflake complainers in this thread.  

Jeheil owes you nothing.  He does this as a hobby.  He strives to be as accurate and unbiased as possible, but as a player of the game and not just a correspondent he will of course naturally be biased towards one side or another on some things.  Again, he owes you nothing.  He's not paid to do these videos.  He's not an official game labs promoter or caster.  Just some guy making videos about a game he cares about.  

Dupegate is too sensitive of a matter to be featured.....what?  It was a major event that potentially could have influenced battles REGARDLESS OF WHICH SIDE for months.  How could this not be in the video?  Does this upset some people?  Well people duping mods should.  His comments in the video pretty much say cmon guys we're better than this, report it to the devs...blah blah.  SO controversial.    

It really grinds my gears that this guy has been making videos for almost a year now (51...) on his own to benefit the community and does a pretty bang up job while doing it with no real compensation to speak of.....and some snow flakes get upset because of a stance he takes but doesn't actually take in his video.  

Piss off whiners.  Go make your own videos.  Keep up the good work Jeheil.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 13

Well constructed, non offensive, propaganda is a plus to the "lore" of Naval Action.

No one has the right to point fingers or throw rocks if Jeheil sir keeps his cool providing appropriate National News content.

The more chroniclers the better. Just don't fall into mundane gutter talk.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 5:52 AM, Jeheil said:

Geez its hard yakka this...when I did name nations back in episode 30-something I got a shellacking and I listened, thought about it and agreed with the criticism and that it lead to my L2tK being perceived as lop-sided.

Now I DON'T name nations but by NOT naming nations its obvious who I am referring too !! This is a hard one to balance.

So, lets say next week a new bugsploit is used (predominantly) by one nation...what terminology would be acceptable and non-insulting/insinuating ? Some Players ? Someone ?

Its bad enough that my microwave is spying on me...now Naval Action captains are misreading my mind and complaining !

This feels like when my wifey dreams I have had an affair....I cop the blame and don't even get the fun of the crime !

dude, i would not get to upset about this name crap. you are doing a great job and i never heard you mention a nation or clan by name. maybe some of those who cry the most feel guilty or mad because they were caught, again! just keep doing the great job you do and thanks for all your time and effort you  put into these each week. and for those of you who seem to be whining and crying the most, how about you STFU!  you cheated, "BIG TIME" AND got caught!!!  you really are NOT as clever as you think you are. i for one am not pointing fingers, nor am i listing a nation or clan by name, but i am sure that there are those that do know who was guilty of duplimoding. the real funny part is that even with the cheating, you still lost many times against those who played the game straight. so now, you all who did use the cheat should feel stupid for 1) finding the bug, and getting caught, 2) using the bug AND still losing...lol and 3) coming on the forums and using your pitiful whining and crying to try to deflect the fact that you cant win, even with cheats, AND you got caught!!!  so a word of advice, since NOBODY said it was the french or brits, or sweds, or danes, or US, or spanish, or dutch, forget the pirates, or which clan was doing it, those of you in the wrong/cheaters, just keep up your whining, denying. crying and yelling which will only points out to anyone with half a brain who the lowlife cheaters are! maybe it would be just as well if everyone just went back to bitching about those oh so aweful "nightflips" 

• Like 3

On 3/14/2017 at 1:05 PM, Angus McGregor said:

IMO - this mod (& ships??) duplicating cheat is...

• if reports are even close to truth - has been exploited for months
  • therefore WAY too serious
  • has potentially affected too many people in every aspect of ship vs ship combat
  • is now fueling the national animosities of real life

This should not be handled quietly behind closed doors, or swept under a 'pending patch will make it all meaningless' rug.

I am not saying that names should be named, but a formal Tribunal statement released by GameLabs detailing

• description of bugs found, as in mods only or ships too? (definition)
  • date of first instance found in database investigation (duration)
  • number of captains found to be in violation with NO names or nationalities (extent)
  • confirmation of actions by GameLabs (resolution)
    • bug fixed?
    • duplicated mods deleted or no?
    • punishment(s) for violators (if any?)

Otherwise people will be left to assume their worst (and most biased) suspicions are true, and that is only going to further damage the already battered NA community.

think devs should just name and shame .....no other punishment needed

• Like 1

My conclusion are not the same.

I not complain to awake up to make a port battle.

I complain for all the time when i can't awake up and that port are lost because we can't defend it. Defending a port is a choice when you are present. When you are not present it's because you didn't have the choice and it's when we complain. Loosing port we are not defending because of the nightlfips is the prolem not the ones we are able to defend

• Like 2

Under the circumstances developers made the right decision. The alternative was that the Eastern alliance players would keep leaving the game because any gains and victories were nullified, or attempted to be nullified, but night-flips. Any strategic port we captured we could not expect to hold because of night-flips. Any regional bonuses we take or defend could be taken from us defenceless at any time unless 25 of us decided to sacrifice sleep on the same night. They are just pixels, but they are the pixels that allow us to build competitive ships. They are the pixels that give meaning to conquest. And they are the pixels that sustain already underpopulated and outmanned nations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

My conclusion are not the same.

I not complain to awake up to make a port battle.

I complain for all the time when i can't awake up and that port are lost because we can't defend it. Defending a port is a choice when you are present. When you are not present it's because you didn't have the choice and it's when we complain. Loosing port we are not defending because of the nightlfips is the prolem not the ones we are able to defend

You see to have been able to defend them up till now ok it is we that are struggling to get the numbers to get a full fleet let alone a decent amount of screeners to these port battles so I call poppycock on your night flips! Yet again.

6 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Under the circumstances developers made the right decision. The alternative was that the Eastern alliance players would keep leaving the game because any gains and victories were nullified, or attempted to be nullified, but night-flips. Any strategic port we captured we could not expect to hold because of night-flips. Any regional bonuses we take or defend could be taken from us defenceless at any time unless 25 of us decided to sacrifice sleep on the same night. They are just pixels, but they are the pixels that allow us to build competitive ships. They are the pixels that give meaning to conquest. And they are the pixels that sustain already underpopulated and outmanned nations.

So which night flip have you not been able to defend I ask you not one that the BRITS have raised! Well not recently anyways.

3 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Any yet all of the conquest gains in the Bahamas recently have been done at hours where the US is unable to defend itself adequately and we have to throw together pub/rag tag fleets just like you do at night.  There have been multiple attacks on US ports at 9 or 10am in the morning some days, even though you have the ability to attack later.  The US does not.  Sometimes you win ports, sometimes you don't.  Yet we are not on here constantly complaining.  We signed up for a global game, this is (currently) a global game.  The map has been wiped multiple times and will be wiped a couple more before release.  Who cares.  

Last week on French TS the US & Brits were willing to stop night flips until the devs could find a better solution than splitting the server.  Props to Keirrip for trying.  Other than the French, your side chose to not stop the griefing and appeal to the devs to solve your problems.....to punish the Americans for playing in their timezone.  Your short sightedness in making the devs put you guys on a new happy server will kill this game.

None of this however belongs on Jeheil's thread.  Lets take it elsewhere.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

We decide to boycot nightlip starting with castring untill devs give us this holly decision to make a second server . Then it boost our morale and we're back to defend again but it's just a time and a moral burst that help us, not our ability to have 25 nightplayer on purpose

Bollocks you defended every time! There was no boycott

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Any yet all of the conquest gains in the Bahamas recently have been done at hours where the US is unable to defend itself adequately and we have to throw together pub/rag tag fleets just like you do at night.  There have been multiple attacks on US ports at 9 or 10am in the morning some days, even though you have the ability to attack later.  The US does not.  Sometimes you win ports, sometimes you don't.  Yet we are not on here constantly complaining.  We signed up for a global game, this is (currently) a global game.  The map has been wiped multiple times and will be wiped a couple more before release.  Who cares.  

Last week on French TS the US & Brits were willing to stop night flips until the devs could find a better solution than splitting the server.  Props to Keirrip for trying.  Other than the French, your side chose to not stop the griefing and appeal to the devs to solve your problems.....to punish the Americans for playing in their timezone.  Your short sightedness in making the devs put you guys on a new happy server will kill this game.

None of this however belongs on Jeheil's thread.  Lets take it elsewhere.

As Jeheil said, admins say many things like such is a lord or the crew depending on total population of the nation or new boarding and more. Some will happen, some not. Some soon, some in months.
French community would prefer to play on a new server with fresh alliance and window to make officially what were trying to decide officiously. Window put as rules for the games and not as negociating stuff because negociating is existing between players and soon as thoses players leave the game new can come and break everything that were decide.
So french community is in mood to switch and we will make an official declaration about it soon.
Now that the devs say they will made 2 servers, does it mean that you have to not make any effort going in the right direction? I don't think so. On a global server withtout a part of the UE community or with it, you will be forced to balance the things at start and ask some society to switch side to help the balance on the game. I would not love to be forced to leave french as nation but on a global server there is no choice exept that.
Why to not try? Sooner or later you will do it.
Looking for that i start dreaming of a letter of the emperor!! Gogo Jeheil, you can make it, we are welcoming any new player ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Looking for that i start dreaming of a letter of the emperor!! Gogo Jeheil, you can make it, we are welcoming any new player ^^

Une missive pour l'empereur? Seems a bit narrow :)

In this period it could be le Roi or Comité de salut public ;) 

Edited by Kloothommel