Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

3 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Danes, Danes everywhere but not a port to take, Pirates meeting unexpected foes and then doing unexpected things....hostility bombs in pairs and trips....and game mechanics the only wrecks I visited this week. All this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

Good episode this week, so much better without the salt so will start watching it again:D

• Like 2

The US are the first nation to take a fully contested port under the new system, the French and the Brits trade blows North and South of the Windward Islands and much more in this weeks A Letter to the King

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

taint

perineum? or bad trace? :D

EDIT: Sorry Jeheil, but I'm pretty sure you won't mind this shameless plug for a link to a poll on the status of the game...So many people watch your thread, so I figured it would help :)

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeheil said:

No worries on the poll and when you say RP you mean in my vids or the game. I tried one in vid mode...but I kept slipping out....and it also became 'even more' English flavoured.

Let your classical olde English thicken up, mate.

Possibly the most exciting Port Battles to date under the new system, every nation is having a crack, some ROE issues and some signs that perhaps numbers are beginning to pick up...all this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 2

It's a week of bizarre double action, where almost every port that was attacked was attacked twice, lots of nations involved, lots of new players, some good scraps and a look at whats coming in 2017. All this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 2

Not at all, I simply say, forget the past as far as stuff and things (they did this) melarkie. I know what I think I know as to who did what, but that simply isn't the topic, the topic is game-fun-sustainability. How do WE all get access to fun without having one side get the hump and walk off.

The problem is: When there is a winner then there has to be a loser. So someone will be upset you can't prevent it (Except there is someone who likes to lose).

What could be done is that after a certain point teams get mixed again. New game maybe better luck this time. But that can only be achieved by a forced system. Why should the winning side give up their advantage? Why should the losing side stay when there is no hope that it will get better for them.

Or would someone still play against the same team when it beats you over and over again? I don't think so. You would stop playing or change something. And best way to change it would be to make new teams.

• Like 1

I don't see it as winning or losing so much, its about getting a good fun fight.

Euro position "I want a contested fight in my prime time. I don't want to wake up at 2am to defend a port"

Non-Euro-position "I want a contested fight in my prime time. I don't want to wake up at 2am to defend a port"

You see the difference !!!

We got wolloped in one of our only THREE Aussie timezone PB's in the last 4 months by an undermaned fleet of combined allies. The loss didn't bother me at all. We had great fun...and I am talking about the whole Aussie fleet that got mostly killed !

• Like 2