Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

Don't let yourself get drawn into the same drama trap so many have when dealing with Snoggy and his 'friends' Jeheil. Acknowledging them simply gives them some relevance to exist. People like what you do and that bothers them because it isn't flattering to them.

• Like 2

Cheers Cragger, when I play I play as a one-eyed Brit (well not quite but sort of) but when I do my vid's I do try to be a bit more objective (even if I take the piss a bit). Copped a bit from the Spanish and then the Pirates, so if I do show true bias, I would like to know it, so I can try better at 'reporting' the server not just Brit perpective. It is always going to be through Brit eyes, I make no secret of that. So I was looking for any actual example where I could improve. I shall take your advice sire.

• Like 1

I really wish there was something like this for USPvP2. 

I know there has been some decent action going on lately with lots of ports changing hands recently.  

Some of it pretty exciting close battles, some not so much.  

Been thinking about starting a small log of the exploits of my frigate and its raids into the enemies of the English Crown shipping lanes.

Do it ! Videos are awesome but there's something about written word that no other media can cover. Reader's imagination.

• Like 1

Alliances, treaties, 7 nation love cuddles, with peace breaking out left right and centre we all look forward to the new Alliances Patch and the end to all this peace melarkie.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

I think the main thing I got from Episode 21, is that in the grand scheme of things (at the moment at least) it's essentially all vs pirates. Hopefully the upcoming patch will mean there is less of that as we will be forced to be at war with some nations in order to be at peace with others - Pirates should get a bit of an easier time going forward.

• Like 1

Last night at around 05:00, 8 Spanish Ships moved in to take an undefended Cuyo and Baja. Never intending to defend, US captains continued patrolling the Cuban coastline for late night Spanish ships. I arrived on the scene shortly before the flag pull on Cuyo, managing to get to the port seconds after the conquest started. At this point, a flag was crafted from Cuyo while under attack for Espiritu Santo. With a nail biting, storm riddled sail (sailing through 3 different storms), the flag was planted at Espiritu Santo with seconds to spare. With the Spanish otherwise engaged, the port was taken with 2 US ships vs 1 Spanish ship.

• Like 1

I think the main thing I got from Episode 21, is that in the grand scheme of things (at the moment at least) it's essentially all vs pirates. Hopefully the upcoming patch will mean there is less of that as we will be forced to be at war with some nations in order to be at peace with others - Pirates should get a bit of an easier time going forward.

It's the first step in making Pirates more then copy paste nation with perks for sure. This will be important in the long term to offer an entirely different way of playing Naval Action. Just like how low sec pirates in Eve where so different then Alliances in 0 security.

I am 1st to watch and comment... :) (will I get the BP now?)

Sadly, your letters to the king will never top your "unboxing deadman´s chest" video.

I feel, you are still not over it...

I watched it maybe 10 times, if you let this song / video run at the same time with "unboxing deadman´s chest",

its perfect !....(now, I know how to pronounce Pellew´s sigthts properly, and come on bro, it´s not like loosing

a max exp. troll slayer at BloodBowl by a nasty ChaosWarrior MB/claw block and the apo fails = dead/dead...)

I suggest, rename your epic vid to:

"conquest for paradise - unboxing deadman´s chest"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94dY-QxjDiE

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

Jesus, now I know "I am out of date..." (old school gamer)

What? QQ?

I´d be lost without the internet...and this page:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ

QQ

Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense. "Shut up or QQ!" "Why don't you QQ, noob?"
  • Like 1

FYI A Letter to the King Episode 23 is coming...probably 24 hours from time of posting.

Sadly I live in a 3rd world eCountry and as there was a powercut (caused by Koala's copulating in the local sub-station) when they restarted the pedal powered dynamo (green energy yeh baby) the Acoustic Coupler that provides internet to my suburb didn't come on. This means my local area has no TV AND NO INTERNET.

But don't worry, the monopoly telco that owns the Acoustic Coupler has said it will make this their #1 issue and it will be fixed in THREE days...apparently Bazza put one on over the weekend and is a bit groggy...as soon as he feels up to it he will amble down to the exchange and hit the reset button....probably after the 3.15 at Randwick Racecourse is done.

• Like 3

Since it was mentionned in your letter to the king, a screen of the battle in front of our Capital (All the captured ships were 1srt rates)

514326784.jpg

I had the honor to lead the battle, it was great fun!

Jeheil, great job as always. You're my favorite brit ;-)

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1