Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

Delayed by a day...coz it was a public holiday on Monday in Australia...nobody knows why...we don't ask in case they realise we can't remember why....so me n the kids watched the new HBO series Westworld...very good...think Deadwood divided by Blade Runner multiplied by Jurassic Park (the original)....worth a checksee.

The war is over...Spain, Sweden, Denmark and France are victorious...and of course the Pirates too...coz ya know they never lose....hurrah peace returns to the seas...in readiness for ANOTHER WAR.

• Like 9

Excellent summarization and analysis of the last few weeks, Jeheil.   All the Letters have been worthwhile...#28 has been perhaps the best, at least among the more recent episodes.  I started watching these when I switched to the server, around #18 or 19 (roughly the time of the 3Adm Treaty).

• Like 1

Danish flex their muscle, Dutch, Brits and Americans make small gains while the Pirates go on a land grab...all this and much more in this weeks A Letter to the King

Oh yeh....thats right its halloween so errrrr.....Boo !

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

Jeheil, almost felled by Category IV Man Flu...heavily dosed up on a lifesaving cocktail of past due by date medicines...tries to make sense of a week involving Hostility Bombs or Allies capturing each others ports, in this weeks A Letter to the King

During this video I had been informed (by two people) the Danes logged into Savannah PB from under the swords...I have since been corrected and they reportedly sailed there. Equally the was no patch to let them take Santa-Domingo (again something told to me by a trusted person)..instead a single swede in a Mortar Brig took it for them by Proxy (this was then reported to the Devs). This has apparently been fixed so any Port Battle set against an Ally now resets. Apologies...I shall check sources better.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 5

It is realy funny how danes keep exploiting the fails in the game and then every single action gets insta patched so no one else can do, and they still keep the things they got by exploiting.
BTW great video keep them comming :)

Edited by ArmoredKorps

It is realy funny how danes keep exploiting the fails in the game and then every single action gets insta patched so no one else can do, and they still keep the things they got by exploiting.

During this video I had been informed the Danes logged into Savannah PB from under the swords...I have since been corrected and they reportedly sailed there. Equally the was no patch to let them take Santa-Domingo..instead a single swede in a Mortar Brig took it for them by Proxy. This has apparently been fixed so any Port Battle set against an Ally now resets. Apologies...I shall check sources better.

However, the nature of the game and some of the issues with it stand...just not at the expense of Dane-Bashing.

Edited by Jeheil

Bear in mind that this is testing.  Once we go to release, there will be a wipe, so exploiting to get "things" isn't really rewarding in the long term just now.  :)

• Like 2

Sweden eats some more Spanish land, the Danes try again for Bermuda and Spain digs her heals in at Pampatar. All this and more in this weeks Letter to the King.

This weeks episode is Salt reduced.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Wesreidau said:

If you think its inappropriate I've got a lot of WWII Donald Duck cartoons for you to peruse.

Those are historical propaganda, when viewed with the context in mind even funny. "Der Fuhrers Face" is still one of my favs. But again, historical.

Trump is problem(or not) for current day US.

• Like 2

They weren't historical when they were made. Trump exists to day as much as "H" existed then, and if you don't poke these people in the eye while they're alive you can't be counted among their critics when we're all dead.

So please. Switch the US picture to a God-Emperor Trump meme. Its ironic if you hate him, accurate if you like him, and nobody thinks you're inserting your political opinions into what should be a purely a-political news report.

15 hours ago, Hodo said:

Let us not muddy up this thread with political discussions. 

Fact is Trump, lied like every other politician in history, to get into office.   He will most likely go 4 and out, and be forgotten like so many before him.  And the next US President will be left with a hell of a mess both economically and politically to clean up that it will take several admirations to clean up.

I agree with half your statement.

Danes, Danes everywhere but not a port to take, Pirates meeting unexpected foes and then doing unexpected things....hostility bombs in pairs and trips....and game mechanics the only wrecks I visited this week. All this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 6