Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

A Tale of Two Fronts...with many nations trying to fight battles on two or more fronts, we see ports changing hands in rapid succession, is there peace between the Dutch and the French...and the Spanish rise.

• Like 7

The European Union of Naval Action decide to enact their own BREXIT by pushing the Brits off the map, the US continues its Bahama's campaign and the announcement of the Carebear Treaty of Cuddle Kittens is published.

• Like 5

I hate to point out a flaw in your commentary, but the bit about the US pushing into the bahamas and thus encroaching on pirate PvE is false. Most americans have ports in Atwood and Pitt's Town, both closer than the bahamas. And they use those ports, and La Tortue, to attack the pirates......

There seem to be more flaws in the commentary. But then again we are looking at British letters. ;)

PS. I loved the bit where you defended Ruatan alone. :P

Edited by Skully

There seem to be more flaws in the commentary. But then again we are looking at British letters. ;)

PS. I loved the bit where you defended Ruatan alone. :P

I did for about 30 mins..while my fellow brits were entertaining your Spanish friends.

It was 3-1, 3-2 (then he surrended !!) so 3-1 then 3-3 then 4-3 then 4-5 (although I think I had sunk one by then).

It was my personal Rourke's Drift...although looking at the numbers of screeners you folks have it will become our Spion Kop !

As for inaccuracies, my point is...and I think its true...that the Americans are getting mighty close to your capital.

However you are right as far as 'gankers' are concerned...every nation has a freeport nearby where the peskies hang out.

And do not worry....not for one moment do I consider my reports flawless !!

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

When attacking a shallow water port, you only have to destroy tower A.

Whilst attacking atwood, we destroyed tower C and were a bit miffed that it didn't capture the port... so we went on to destroy A and won the battle. So technically you only have to destroy one tower..... it just has to be tower A, the furthest one back.

• Like 1

Lol, 10 port battles in the 3 hours after shutdown last week....which is primetime aussie playtime...what ya on about. We have Spanish all over the shop on their timezones...its global...and in 2 months PB all get a whole new look...so lets see how that rolls

• Like 1

Perhaps the best week of PvP in the last 3 months, when two tribes go to war...the grand alliances clash on Haita, 80 ship operations, classic port battles, super screens and "Operation Balls Deep".

Swarming a Vic

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/275100415617527768/A42D79B1A152358575BBE15FCCA968CCE79FF71F/

For those interested in player content, here is the "British Order to the Oceanic Player Base for Operation Balls Deep".

<<+++ OPERATION BALLS DEEP +++>>

OK Aussie TZ ,we have been give a mission impossible...now we in Australia don't understand impossible (its far to long a word).

We have to capture Cap Francis. Port opens ~90 mins after restart, 8pm Sydney Time or 10-12 server time. Intelligence tells us they have WMD in there !!

Our plan (with clan allies AUS) is to do this TOMORROW (Aussie Saturday evening).

To do this we will need as many 4th rates and up docked up in La Tortue 30 minutes before port opens.

We will need a Rear Admiral with balls of steel and a thirst for fame and glory to run a rattlesnake from Jeremie to target.

We will need the rest of you (all...no fleeting...no fishing...no trading) in any ship you are prepared to lose to sail ahead by 3-5 minutes of our heroic flag carrier and ... tag every pirate, spanish, french and Danish mofo who may intercept our flag.

If this goes to plan...you will most likely die.

<< End Comms - The Officer Core >> 
  • Like 5

I realy wish we had this for pvp2.

I was chatting to someone who might be doing something similar...so lets hope that comes off...and if it does, support them with insights from your national perspective, I couldn't do mine without the various folks who chip in.

• Like 1

Spanish defiance, Swedes a plundering, Dutch a dancing, Brits a bashing, the pirates well and truly on the hoof and has Jeheil got some salt in his eye ?  Its all happening in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 5

First time I have watched one of these all the way through enjoyed it very much thank you.

Personally I would like to big up the Danish in the last few days for whatever reason they have come to Port Royal area (not just ganking in fast ships but in large groups) and looking for a fight we could do with more of this type of behaviour in the game from all factions throughout the map, top tip though if you see the Dane 'Alchemy' and you think it's an even fight run away he is imposibru to kill  :D .

Damn I should have added that.

And yes..Archer some may be grumpy about me calling out the cheats, but its on all sides that piss me off...not just the ones I am against....they see the same behaviour form others and mimic it. But to be honest, we simply cannot pick the worst behaviour of our enemies and copy it...that only leads to a poor world and a generally depressing downward spiral.

• Like 1

I realy wish we had this for pvp2.

As do I, mate. Sadly, this is the most I can muster atm. I'm working on it tho.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14578-newest-pvp2-list-of-guildsclansfleets-060816/

I was chatting to someone who might be doing something similar...so lets hope that comes off...and if it does, support them with insights from your national perspective, I couldn't do mine without the various folks who chip in.

Thank you for the all info to get started. Working on it, yet haven't liked anything I've thrown together so far.