Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

7 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Euro position "I want a contested fight in my prime time. I don't want to wake up at 2am to defend a port"

Non-Euro-position "I want a contested fight in my prime time. I don't want to wake up at 2am to defend a port"

Because of your statement US players should complain loudest. They get empty portbattles while France (EU) still has battles in their primetime vs Brit's and Dutch.

You see its not about I want a conquest fight. It's about I don't want to lose when Iam not around. 

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

Because of your statement US players should complain loudest. They get empty portbattles while France (EU) still has battles in their primetime vs Brit's and Dutch.

You see its not about I want a conquest fight. It's about I don't want to lose when Iam not around. 

You miss my point that I see your point !

• Like 1

Some superb tactical battles this week, Orinoco finally falls and the poor citizens of Islamabad put away their Spanish flags and get their USA flags out for the 6th time in 7 weeks. All this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 8

Great job Jehail,

... as every time ...

but this time ... I like your tactical analysis of the last port battles ...

I tried the same for my own ... for all PBs I had the honor to participate ... but you did it much better.

I enjoy the new PB system and hope the devs will change the reward system for screening as soon as possible, because the screeners do an awesome job in most cases.

My suggestion: The best 25 screeners should get ships, paints, BPs, LH contracts or officer lives(?) as reward.

Respects

Berend

PS: It was a honor for me to fight togehter with you in the PB of Selam, although we lost it  o7

• Like 2

Thanks man, much appreciated, the Dev's spoke for a little while about 'screener' rewards a la the PvP events. I reckon that would be ace. Let us not forget, the greatest battles of the age of sail were screening !! The Spanish Armarda at the beginning of the age and Trafalgar at the end of it.

• Like 1

On 13/2/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jeheil said:

Some superb tactical battles this week, Orinoco finally falls and the poor citizens of Islamabad put away their Spanish flags and get their USA flags out for the 6th time in 7 weeks. All this and more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

"This Captain"

The "Good Battles"-topic was only closed temporarily. It is back up now.

Also the battle at Puerto Plata (fixed) was definitely a slaughter. We killed half their ships and lost only our mortar brig.

And your timeline for the Castries PB is wrong. By the time the "Amplify-incident" happened brits had given away all 3 circles and we were only minutes away from capturing the B-circle. Barring mistakes on our part we had already won at that point. Next though a mistake was made - naturally as half our fleet was for the first time in one of our PBs - and Amplify tried to capitalise on that mistake. Instead we managed to board and kill 2 British ships before Amplify could kill the ship he was boarding. By the time the explosion happened it didn't change anything. The ship could have sunk without exploding and the outcome would have been the same.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

In this the FIFTIETH episode of a Letter to the King we see the US thrive, the Eastern Alliance rebuff wave after wave of attacks and much much more in what was probably the most biffo seen in a week since the new Port Mechanics

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Remedios, Islamorada and Gasparilla was a nightflip. The US is getting stronger with easy victories in empty PB.

The gulf is going to be soon lost enterely to them. And what is is most important, until a solution is implemented, Spain will, more and more, be certain that attacking and defending territories at their primetime is pointless when you can loose a region in 30 minutes during the night.

After the gulf, maybe Haiti, or Puerto Rico or all the Antilles. It wont matter but hey congrats, your guys won. Hope in your last report you mention HOW you won. 

Now now, didn't you hear that "6-7 ships in favour of the Americans" = "Tactical win", "Made sure that in the fights that mattered they had the numbers", "sniping circles", "Good win" ?

Hiring Port Battle Commanders today!

Application requirements : Primary school arithmetic. 

I watched the video for Islamabad and it wasn't 6-7 ships, I sympathise with those on the wrong end of nightflips, I have said this many times.

They were nightflips, but the Danes are kicking off in mid-afternoon Euro time so the Western Alliance can't get their manes on and every man and his dog hit the US outside their primary, I thought we had kinda recognised its all a free-for-all until the game has alternatives put in. The US contested on Haiti and Cuba in primetime.

The Eastern Alliance goes to town on the US, the Brits take Trinidad, Costa del Fuego is hit 3 times in 7 days, dupegate, British rifts and much much more in this weeks A Letter to the King.

• Like 5

One single danish player (who is Spainsh IRL btw) in Islamorada does not make it "mostly danish players" PB. 

And after Nassau I thought that the 26 players in PB bug was a once in a thousand times event that the server accepted two players clicking enter at the exact same time. I was surprised to see it happen again. But it probably has to do with that in the Eastern alliance everyone is invited to the PB, so once the battle opens up everyone tries to click as fast as possible, and we don't decide beforehand 25 players that will sail leisurely to the circles and enter the PB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rediii said:

I'm pretty disappointed that you accuse the whole danish nation here that they dup /dupped things. Atleast that's the only thing that came up in my wind when you said that "one nation was pretty aware of this and used it pretty much and dupped craftable mods too"

No proof and you trust the one who twists every possible fact and points fingers at people who did maybe something wrong.

Rediii,

Go back and listen to Jeheil's video. I never heard him say the word "Danes"; he said IIRC, "one particular nation" and "one nation".  Did you somehow hear him say the Danish nation did it, because I didn't hear him say that. Did your ears subliminally tell you that it was the Danes doing it and if so, i wonder why you heard it that way? Something you want to share with the rest of us? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Rediii,

Go back and listen to Jeheil's video. I never heard him say the word "Danes"; he said IIRC, "one particular nation" and "one nation".  Did you somehow hear him say the Danish nation did it, because I didn't hear him say that. Did your ears subliminally tell you that it was the Danes doing it and if so, i wonder why you heard it that way? Something you want to share with the rest of us? 

Indeed. It was obvious he meant the Brits.

• Like 1

Albeit i liked the video, fingerpointing is just a bad sport; especially with the lack of information most of us have.
I've got a lot of information around dupegate and no nation can point fingers - so please stop that for the sake that NA lives on.
Let the admins deal with such things and this surely does not belong in this forum nor in the most popular video series.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sveno said:

Albeit i liked the video, fingerpointing is just a bad sport; especially with the lack of information most of us have.
I've got a lot of information around dupegate and no nation can point fingers - so please stop that for the sake that NA lives on.
Let the admins deal with such things and this surely does not belong in this forum nor the most popular video series.

thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg

23 minutes ago, sveno said:

Let the admins deal with such things and this surely does not belong in this forum nor in the most popular video series.

All I heard was "one nation", no accusations being throw out. 

19 hours ago, Anolytic said:

One single danish player (who is Spainsh IRL btw) in Islamorada does not make it "mostly danish players" PB. 

And after Nassau I thought that the 26 players in PB bug was a once in a thousand times event that the server accepted two players clicking enter at the exact same time. I was surprised to see it happen again. But it probably has to do with that in the Eastern alliance everyone is invited to the PB, so once the battle opens up everyone tries to click as fast as possible, and we don't decide beforehand 25 players that will sail leisurely to the circles and enter the PB.

No no I corrected this in the video (with an annotation) I will check its there. I also have posted and do state its NOT abuse as far as I know, its just a bug, its happened twice, with only 2 sides that means nothing. 

9 hours ago, sveno said:

I think I did not mention ANY nation involved in dupegate. I think talking about it is valid and to some extent it needs to be talked about.  I stated ANYONE who finds a big bad exploit should not use it for a long time, but report it and hand over ill-gotten gains, that is simply the right thing to do. I think anything else quickly becomes cheating.

Perhaps I was not clear enough, perhaps there is a language barrier, but PLEASE listen carefully and dont PUT ON ME your assumption of what BRITS or I think 

1) I did not blame anyone for the 26 thing.

2) I do not name-blame anyone for dupegate

3) I strongly advocate reporting bugs and letting the Dev's deal with it

4) I ask the DEVS to fix quickly and FIX the dupes, don't just take away the forgery machine, take away the forged items too.

So please, DONT ASSUME I mean anything more than I say and I will TRY to be open eyed and honest in how I report and tell stories.

I tried to do a balanced job on the split in the British faction and I tried to do a balanced job on Dupegate. Did I get it 100% right...no, I don't think thats possible without being a 1,000 people at the same time.

I made the mistake of accusing people directly about 15 episodes ago, I was wrong, I got told off, I hope I learned my lesson.

More than happy to take criticism, learn and improve. But I POINTED NO FINGER AT ANY NATION AT WENT TO LENGTHS NOT TO DO SO.

FYI, me praising the Spanish for fair play (prior to your post btw)

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 6