Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch Announcement


Nick Thomadis
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

The patch is in closed testing procedure.

If all is good, we will release on Monday.

Everyone, have a great weekend!

Everyone needs to take off their rose-colored glasses and re-read this. "If all is good..."

Prepare for maximum power to the Self-inflicted Disappointment Drive!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Iuvenalis said:

Everyone needs to take off their rose-colored glasses and re-read this. "If all is good..."

Prepare for maximum power to the Self-inflicted Disappointment Drive!

I don't think anyone really has rose tinted glasses at this point, to be frank. If this update doesn't come out today or tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if some of us start demanding refunds. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MrStan53 said:

I don't think anyone really has rose tinted glasses at this point, to be frank. If this update doesn't come out today or tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if some of us start demanding refunds. 

They're in a lose-lose situation really, if they don't release, everybody is going to HIT THE ROOF. If they do, and it's not ready, people are going to complain about bugs.

Edited by Commander-Alexander-Reed
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

They're in a lose-lose situation really, if they don't release, everybody is going to HIT THE ROOF. If they do, and it's not ready, people are going to complain about bugs.

 

that's just because they've chosen to go with their own launcher, if they just used steam and allowed people to pick the version to play from the steam menu like any sane, sensible developer would have none of this thing about bug and unstable release would have mattered, i.e, Empyrion, I can play whatever version I want:

 

immagine.png.eb7f47371e5a618083307cf952556067.png

Edited by LoSboccacc
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not even really a lose lose. If a patch is buggy we know we can expect a hotfix fairly soon, they do one basically every patch to address major bugs that pop up. We all know this by now and it's honestly a fairly standard thing. Ppl only seriously complain about bugs when they don't get fixed.

And in that camp falls object placement on hulls. It's not horrible because they have been addressing specific instances of this turret or that tower not fitting. Those kinds of bugs keep happening though which is the issue but again not that big of a deal rn. 

So yeah the buggy release argument does not hold water imo. The only game development I know of where ppl actively complain about buggy releases is Star Citizen and that is a special case by far. A very unique brand of messed up development. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LoSboccacc said:

 

that's just because they've chosen to go with their own launcher, if they just used steam and allowed people to pick the version to play from the steam menu like any sane, sensible developer would have none of this thing about bug and unstable release would have mattered, i.e, Empyrion, I can play whatever version I want:

 

immagine.png.eb7f47371e5a618083307cf952556067.png

They really should just release it on steam as soon as possible, and open it to the workshop as well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...