Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch Announcement

Nick Thomadis

The year is 2036. Hot, clammy winds blow over the sprawling marshes under which lay what some used to call 'Europe'. The sun is hidden, barely visible behind a thick and dense smog, but the horizon is illuminated by the eternally raging wildfires that roll in waves through the ruins of the continent. 

The stalker is short, his frame little more than a skeleton; scarce protein is found since the Hyperdroughts of '32 and '34. He looks around nervously before lifting a hatch, previously hidden under some dirt, and slinks into his burrow. He puts down the rusted harpoon in one corner, his catch of the evening in another. 

In the corner of his burrow is his greatest treasure; an old Acer laptop, stained with years of use, black, dead and cold. But not tonight. From his boot he prizes a Lithium Ion battery he lost two fingers for. He inserts into the Laptop, and breathes heavily as it boots. He's pleased to see the 5G coverage is good as always, and he immediately signs in, his heart pounding, sweat running down this forehead.

"Hello everyone,

We've found just one small bug so we're splitting Micro Patch 82 into Micro Patch 83. While we work on adding a single barbette and really polishing out the bugs, you can expect Micro Patch 83 next Monday. It will add a recolour for the Settings button to match the other menu buttons.

Thanks!"

He looks at the date. It's been fifteen mondays since.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kjdjrusa said:

I am. I really do hope it comes out today, because I'm very hyped.

I'll be honest, if it doesn't come out today, I'm gonna be extremely disappointed. It's clear that they meant today by their previous statement. 

If they do delay it again, it's clear they're incompetent in their abilities to give out release dates and be honest with the community. Better to cover your backs than give out false promises.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

Скажу честно, если он не выйдет сегодня, я буду очень разочарован. Понятно, что они имели в виду сегодня под своим предыдущим заявлением. 

Если они все же откладывают это снова, ясно, что они некомпетентны в своих способностях назвать даты выпуска и быть честными с сообществом. Лучше прикрыть спину, чем давать ложные обещания.

I have been playing strategy games from Paradox for many years and I am terrified by THIS development team! They have a lot to learn before entering the market.

12 minutes ago, Airzerg said:

I have been playing strategy games from Paradox for many years and I am terrified by THIS development team! They have a lot to learn before entering the market.

They where gonna release it but they found a crash problem and stated so and said they have to fix it and release it tomorrow if that doesn't happy then it is ok i would rather they do it right once instead of ending up like WoWS constantly fixing problems on a release that was reported and found in testing and before release.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baltic1284 said:

They where gonna release it but they found a crash problem and stated so and said they have to fix it and release it tomorrow if that doesn't happy then it is ok i would rather they do it right once instead of ending up like WoWS constantly fixing problems on a release that was reported and found in testing and before release.

I agree, just as long as they continue to communicate with us. Doesn't mean I won't be disappointed, but I'll understand.