Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch Announcement

Nick Thomadis

46 minutes ago, Hangar18 said:

If they never said when it was coming and just released it when they were ready, you would have had no idea. 

Getting angry because they didnt hit a self imposed deadline is just...pointless.

The dev team themselves keep setting the expectations they keep failing. No communication and no sense of when work will be done is what gets people angsty. You can't keep saying something will be out then delay it, that just makes it look like you have no idea of what amount of work is left or how sound the product is at any given time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, T_the_ferret said:

The dev team themselves keep setting the expectations they keep failing. No communication and no sense of when work will be done is what gets people angsty. You can't keep saying something will be out then delay it, that just makes it look like you have no idea of what amount of work is left or how sound the product is at any given time.

really no communication? not even in this post?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LoSboccacc said:

You're just twisting meaning far beyond what the simple English sentence means. I don't know why you hold such a grudge, but keep living within your reality.

like, go read yourself: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/keys

This is typical example of discussion on internet where you don't address the point the other party raises and instead just come with new stuff.

Steam site you link to, explaining what keys are (like nobody knew that before?) has 0 relevance for kick back devs have to give to steam and how customers will behave or invalidates other obligations outlined in partner program.  It even underlines that you can't give lower price on other store fronts than steam which makes those fronts irrelevant because 99% of players will just buy the game on steam if they want it there. This idea that you can sell steam keys and bypass giving kickback to steam is not realistic.

Again, why has not Game Labs, with experience of launching 3-4 games on Steam opted to go with steam launcher for UAD from get go? Because they are stupid or do they actually know something your average forum user don't?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

Yeah valve are greedy as hell, they could easily put the fee down to 6%. But they know they have a complete monopoly and the epic game store is a fail as egreedy tried to get peeps into a half-arsed store without basic features in the beginning.

Unfortunately it is more of a rule than exception. Company I worked for some years ago, got ruined by that greed from owner just because that because his greed forced the regulatory reaction.

But game industry is the wild west so everything goes there....😏

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kjdjrusa said:

Would y'all rather have fewer but bigger updates, or more but smaller updates?

definitely more smaller updates, i.e. patch 1.1, 1.2, etc...

a smaller patch every 2  or 3 weeks would be a lot better then a giant patch every 3 months

also a few non game-breaking bugs are acceptable in my opinion since alpha/core is about adding the core features and not so much optimization, which would be the beta versions 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Werwaz said:

definitely more smaller updates, i.e. patch 1.1, 1.2, etc...

a smaller patch every 2  or 3 weeks would be a lot better then a giant patch every 3 months

also a few non game-breaking bugs are acceptable in my opinion since alpha/core is about adding the core features and not so much optimization, which would be the beta versions 

That's pretty much how I feel. They wouldn't have to spend so much time debugging, because if a bug is found, it'd only be a couple weeks before next patch and they could fix it. Even these big updates every three months have bugs. The patch we're currently on allows us to have 12" belt armor on a torpedo boat...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, prreich said:

Not this week then it seems 

They seemed pretty confident that they could get it done by tomorrow. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since they gave us an exact date (tomorrow) while before they would generally give a date range, and they apologized explaining that they wanted us to be able to play the best version of the game. 

1 hour ago, kjdjrusa said:

They seemed pretty confident that they could get it done by tomorrow. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since they gave us an exact date (tomorrow) while before they would generally give a date range, and they apologized explaining that they wanted us to be able to play the best version of the game. 

alternatively...it's done when its done.

• Like 3

Actually, I don’t care how often it’s updated, I just know that the team has been delayed again and again. And thanks for your guys for the delay ,let me still play this WOWS shit. Help my guild rank 23 in the world now in cw ranking.

Edited by wzjistc

6 hours ago, kjdjrusa said:

That's pretty much how I feel. They wouldn't have to spend so much time debugging, because if a bug is found, it'd only be a couple weeks before next patch and they could fix it. Even these big updates every three months have bugs. The patch we're currently on allows us to have 12" belt armor on a torpedo boat...

and battlecruisers with 3 quad 20" main batteries on a small hull 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dirlinger said:

This is typical example of discussion on internet where you don't address the point the other party raises and instead just come with new stuff.

Steam site you link to, explaining what keys are (like nobody knew that before?) has 0 relevance for kick back devs have to give to steam and how customers will behave or invalidates other obligations outlined in partner program.  It even underlines that you can't give lower price on other store fronts than steam which makes those fronts irrelevant because 99% of players will just buy the game on steam if they want it there. This idea that you can sell steam keys and bypass giving kickback to steam is not realistic.

Again, why has not Game Labs, with experience of launching 3-4 games on Steam opted to go with steam launcher for UAD from get go? Because they are stupid or do they actually know something your average forum user don't?

me? I'm arguing the same thing since the beginning: it's not true that steam 30% cut is mandatory for all sales, both link provided supports this fact. and you writing longer and longer headcanon arguing whatever point you might think I'm making doesn't change that fact.

Edited by LoSboccacc

3 hours ago, LoSboccacc said:

me? I'm arguing the same thing since the beginning: it's not true that steam 30% cut is mandatory for all sales, both link provided supports this fact. and you writing longer and longer headcanon arguing whatever point you might think I'm making doesn't change that fact.

So my comment "Steam takes 30% cut when someone releases on their platform, less once you cross 10 million USD. I am sure that plays into the consideration here." according to you means "Steam 30% cut is mandatory for all sales?

OK. Enough said from me then.