Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch Announcement

Nick Thomadis

New Special Italian Guns for 3-inch up to 8-inch caliber ranging from Mark 3 to Mark 5.

New Special Italian Guns for 12-inch up to 20-inch ranging from Mark 1 to Mark 5.

New Special Russian guns for 2-inch up to 8-inch ranging from Mark 3 to Mark 5.

New Special Russian Guns for 9-inch up to 20-inch ranging from Mark 1 to Mark 5.

finally-they-listened-to-me-chrisley-kno

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 5

Excellent. Crew mechanics and custom battles saves are cool. Now I won't waste time with designing my most effective ships again and again, and I will have time to experiment with new things. 

After these modern hulls I hope that now they will focus on older hulls, because as I previously said, we don't have the variety in early and mid game.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Excellent. Crew mechanics and custom battles saves are cool. Now I won't waste time with designing my most effective ships again and again, and I will have time to experiment with new things. 

After these modern hulls I hope that now they will focus on older hulls, because as I previously said, we don't have the variety in early and mid game.

Exactly! We can finally make our own designs and treat them as if they were an actual commissioned class, as we can reuse them. 
I cannot wait for this!

• Like 3

Finally, an update on their progress! I guess I'll see you guys in two weeks when the pre-patch releases. For real tho, a forum post just like this one could be done easily at least every week, and I'm really excited for the patch.

hourglass_rotating_300_wht.gif

Edited by kjdjrusa

I'm sorry if i step out of bound saying this but this is extremely jarring to me. I've been following the development of both this game and RTW2 (I know, i know, nothing alike but still) and the difference is enormous. Just like pointed by other people i see a huge lack of overall communication with the community for a highly priced game on one side that took almost two years of active development for little mechanical or graphical changes and that only now in some days will introduce the ability to save your carefully made designs, with both a steam release plan extremely out of date (estimated for the 10th of August 2020) and Core Patch 1 out of 4 slated for 2021 and the actual steam release not done three months before the end of the year.

In the meantime RTW2 released for a more decent price, and even went on to not only announce but also implement parts of a huge update to include periods from the ironclad to the missile cruiser age for its beta testers.

My simple question is, as someone that's totally new to any engagement to the community, what is my assurance that future work will be carried on time as per the dev's words and this game is worth the high entry price currently compared to other games set to release this year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

AI

• Friendly AI division commander has been reworked.
  • Improved further the AI design system.
  • Improved further the opponent AI.

Please. Let it be noticeable this time. I want to believe.

Other than that, the long awaited saves and crew.

What a time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:
  • Keyboard input values for Displacement and Speed: Now you can alternatively type the desired values instead of using the slider.

YES!

A much wanted change that has gone unmentioned! No longer will my OCD senses tingle at a ship whose tonnage is defined by a string of random numbers!

• Like 1

I carried this hope deep in my heart that my grandchildren might live long enough to see the campaing. But now after just two damn years of waiting...it's finally here (almost).

But well, better one and a half year late than never!

Thanks for the ping @Cptbarney

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We added even more depth in the armor zone system by making the belt, deck and gun armoring layers more detailed, giving you much more design freedom.

The most important new feature is the new crew system. Ships will now have crew which will greatly affect the ships’ performance in battle

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Thank you for reading! The patch is scheduled to arrive this week.

I am very glad to read all of this... NICE!!

1 hour ago, Werwaz said:

I think perhaps going forward it'd be best if y'all released the patches in stages i.e. patch 1, patch 1.1, patch 1.2, etc. so we could get a smaller patch every 2 weeks instead of one giant patch every 3 months.

This or just keep us UPDATED instead of complete radio silence.

7 hours ago, Stormnet said:

New Special Italian Guns for 3-inch up to 8-inch caliber ranging from Mark 3 to Mark 5.

New Special Italian Guns for 12-inch up to 20-inch ranging from Mark 1 to Mark 5.

New Special Russian guns for 2-inch up to 8-inch ranging from Mark 3 to Mark 5.

New Special Russian Guns for 9-inch up to 20-inch ranging from Mark 1 to Mark 5.

finally-they-listened-to-me-chrisley-kno

Sverdlov time

Yes crew is a good news and save design also. BUT there is no campaign! If I undestand correctly "In a few days" is for this half-patch ... for when the full core-patch 1?

And more concerning: all the hull are from the recend periode again super/mega battleship. There is absolutly nothing for the 1890 and more. So nothing for the 30th first years of the game!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, AdmER said:

Yes crew is a good news and save design also. BUT there is no campaign! If I undestand correctly "In a few days" is for this half-patch ... for when the full core-patch 1?

And more concerning: all the hull are from the recend periode again super/mega battleship. There is absolutly nothing for the 1890 and more. So nothing for the 30th first years of the game!

I'm glad someone else noticed this. We have an entire unfinished ship class (light cruisers), the entire dreadnought generation being half baked, and it's not even a complete update. Instead we're getting more WW2 and post WW2 Battleship and Super Battleship hulls with like 5 hulls total split between DDs, TBs, and CLs, and this still isn't even a core patch.

Also, this isn't even assuming that these hulls won't reuse assets from the Cruisers Trento or Deutschland

Edited by MrStan53
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

I'm sorry if i step out of bound saying this but this is extremely jarring to me. I've been following the development of both this game and RTW2 (I know, i know, nothing alike but still) and the difference is enormous. Just like pointed by other people i see a huge lack of overall communication with the community for a highly priced game on one side that took almost two years of active development for little mechanical or graphical changes and that only now in some days will introduce the ability to save your carefully made designs, with both a steam release plan extremely out of date (estimated for the 10th of August 2020) and Core Patch 1 out of 4 slated for 2021 and the actual steam release not done three months before the end of the year.

In the meantime RTW2 released for a more decent price, and even went on to not only announce but also implement parts of a huge update to include periods from the ironclad to the missile cruiser age for its beta testers.

My simple question is, as someone that's totally new to any engagement to the community, what is my assurance that future work will be carried on time as per the dev's words and this game is worth the high entry price currently compared to other games set to release this year?

So I just made this account yesterday but have been following the game for about a year and a half, owned it for about a year at this point, and if anything communication and scheduling has gotten worse in that time frame. There is literally no assurance that the game will even be completed at this point, which is sad to say because what is there is good. I would say that its a fun game, but at present it is not worth the $50 price tag. If there is a significant price drop, then I could suggest getting it now, but with the near complete silence from the devs, I would highly recommend waiting until the Steam release where the campaign would be included.

For everything that was promised, $50 is worth it, but given that the campaign has been delayed so long in the present state of the game, it's worth closer to $20.

• Like 1

Well I mean, saves in custom battles, shell/fuze propellant split, more in depth belt and armour layouts including turret side & top differentiation, crew implementation being moved from core patch 3 to core patch 0.5, these are all things we have been requesting that probably weren't on their original to-do list.

This proves to me two things.

A: they still listen intently to the community, and are willing to accept severe delays to implement our suggestions, even if the communication rate is a bit questionable.

B: we might have been a bit too harsh on poor old @Nick Thomadis in the last thread. I still fundamentally sympathize with the statement that we read when we originally bought this game, which was "we're not going to release a half finished product, and would rather accept delays and repeated un-bugging periods than give you something which we know isn't ready yet."

So far the devs have done nothing but stay true to this statement, so even though a few screenshots and development reports here and there would really help the community trust side of things, I do think the hardliners who demand an unfinished campaign be released like yesterday are being just a tiny bit unfair, considering the original goals stated that we signed up for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, T_the_ferret said:

While your criticism is valid. Let's not forget that RTW game system is around 8 years in constant development.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tousansons said:

While your criticism is valid. Let's not forget that RTW game system is around 8 years in constant development.

That is a fair point, yes. Compared to other ship building games though it is still rather slow and uninformed. In my opinion the devs are immensely lucky to have such a wide community (for such a game) be willing to spend additional funds to access the game early compared to the reduced-price steam release, and i really hope they get this and that in the future status on dev and other such things will be more frequent with much less broken promises and vague dates. Many communities are satisfied even with very short monthly status update.

Edited by T_the_ferret
More opinion added in a single message
  • Like 1