Game-Labs Forum

Battle chat / Global chat

Есть простой метод "выпрямления" %% положительных отзывов: собирать фидбек, работать с ним (группировать, обобщать) и исправлять то, что не нравится клиентам. Есть альтернативный: игнорить проблемы, напевая мантру про хардкор. Это же Ваша формулировка: игра такая, какая есть, не надейтесь, и т.п. Ну и отзывы такие, какие есть, все примерно коллерирует. Негатив в отзывах это по сути зеркало того, как Вы сами относитесь к своим клиентам.

16 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

false reviews?.... blatant lies they are. please do not ruin the game because some people lie about it. then the assholes will have won their irrational war against NA!

1st place on steam top sellers list
Indie MMO of the year
Top 50 by online players in 2016
Top 20 by average hours (still)
Best EA release in 2019
Last 3 DLC in top 10 global top sellers list.
We already won the war got all the kill marks we wanted.  This is a 4 year old game, my first game, i already made 3 games after this and 2 more are in development.
We can say directly what we mean. 

Due to limited size of the team we will remove things that make players unhappy NOT change them, we don't have resources and wont get any until ratings go up. We are saying this directly.

In game chat bans are bad for me. They are maybe good for the community but for me they cause negative reaction on steam.
I don't want to waste time on tribunals and chats and all features that cause abnormal reporting and complaints will be removed. No chat - no bans - no reviews about harsh moderation.  False reviews should be flagged by community if they feel they are unfair. Only this can change our views.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SnovaZdorowa said:

Есть простой метод "выпрямления" %% положительных отзывов: собирать фидбек, работать с ним (группировать, обобщать) и исправлять то, что не нравится клиентам. Есть альтернативный: игнорить проблемы, напевая мантру про хардкор. Это же Ваша формулировка: игра такая, какая есть, не надейтесь, и т.п. Ну и отзывы такие, какие есть, все примерно коллерирует. Негатив в отзывах это по сути зеркало того, как Вы сами относитесь к своим клиентам.

Я выше написал - вы не читали?
Есть негативные ревью - мы НЕ говорим о таких обзорах
А есть вранье - с целью не пустить в игру новых игроков - этот топик о таких обзорах

Что это за зеркало когда юзер пишет что мы продаем читы российской империи - что это за ревью ? обьясните мне популярно - каким образом это увеличивает количество пвп игроков в игре?
Или что это за ревью где игрок врет на тему того что мы удаляем сплошь и рядом аккаунты в игре? Какое это зеркало и какого поста?

2 minutes ago, admin said:

1st place on steam top sellers list
Indie MMO of the year
Top 50 by online players in 2016
Top 20 by average hours (still)
Best EA release in 2019
Last 3 DLC in top 10 global top sellers list.
We already won the war got all the kill marks we wanted.  This is a 4 year old game, my first game, i already made 3 games after this and 2 more are in development.
We can say directly what we mean. 

Due to limited size of the team we will remove things that make players unhappy NOT change them, we don't have resources and wont get any until ratings go up. We are saying this directly.
I don't want to waste time on tribunals and chats and all features that cause abnormal reporting and complaints will be removed. No chat - no bans - no reviews about bans

all fine mate. but idiots are idiots and will find something else to flame about. there´s a german saying: "Was kümmert es die Eiche wenn die Sau sich an ihr reibt." your positive record is waaaaaaay bigger than some bad reviews although i can understand it makes you angry and consumes energy and time.

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

Я выше написал - вы не читали?
Есть негативные ревью - мы НЕ говорим о таких обзорах
А есть вранье - с целью не пустить в игру новых игроков - этот топик о таких обзорах

Что это за зеркало когда юзер пишет что мы продаем читы российской империи - что это за ревью ? обьясните мне популярно - каким образом это увеличивает количество пвп игроков в игре?
Или что это за ревью где игрок врет на тему того что мы удаляем сплошь и рядом аккаунты в игре?

Чтобы скатиться до откровенного вранья человек должен озлобиться. Градус этот растет постепенно от Ваших решений (и от игнора). Настоящая причина таких высеров она ведь не в продаже читов (потому что их никто не продает), а в чем то еще. Вы устали разгребать трибунал "он меня **** назвал", это понятно. Приняли кардинальное решение. Но вот лично я не смогу теперь договариться с противником о чем либо, а все говно перетечет в глобал. Проблема не решена, мой личный градус недовольства игрой вырос. По копеечке все складывается, а ваши меры чаще всего либо что-то кардинальное, либо игнор.

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Can you confirm that you are defending false deliberately misleading reviews in your comment? Can you explain how can i learn from the review that developers sell cheats? Or that i delete in game accounts? Explain please.

I do agree with you about false reviews etc. 

10 minutes ago, admin said:

This is the point I am stuck at, "we don't have resources and wont get any until ratings go up" how do you expect the ratings to go up ? I know you hate to hear but clearly ship of the line DLCs will effect overall ratings negatively, just an example. Limiting chat will give you more negative reviews for example. May be I am wrong, we will see.

Still this very unique game is one example of a still "huge potential hidden waiting to be unleashed" wish you had kept more programmers on this game instead of developing new games, but that is my wish, your reality, your company, your income, your decision.  

In fact, in the battle chat, you can negotiate, since there are not many real actions and they can be described by a small number of commands, even those that are in the list. The main thing is that everyone understands the meaning of these commands equally.

Example of a marine dictionary in naval action:
Sorry  -- sorry, I went to the battle to see, I will not participate in the battle
Welcome to the Caribbean -- I'll get out of the fight as soon as I can
Thank you -- thank you, I agree with the offer
GG -- good fight, I liked it
Great night, I enjoyed it very much. -- we leave without a fight
My cannonballs weight 84 pounds -- there will be no mercy
Nice shirt -- take the doubloons or good fits out of the hold
You have a great blue camisole -- in the nearest free city ready to return the ship for a fee
Good morning -- I suggest a fight in equal numbers: 1v1, 2v2... 5v5 
London is a capital of Great Britain -- I don't agree with the offer
If the developers correctly put about 20, rather than 10 commands in the battle chat, they can describe almost any offer in battle.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Of course..but we have unbiased solutions for national chat but we don't have unbiased solutions for global.

We have ignore. Communication can be disabled. Does not work for some reason. 

• Player excites another player (deliberately or by accident)
  • Another player crosses the line and gets reported
  • Another player gets banned in game chat
  • That player then CRIES harassment by devs/mods, claims unprofessionalism and freedom of speech - we get negativity on forums or in reviews
  • Community CAN police those reports, by reporting them to valve as breaking community guidelines or being off topic, BUT They don't. And we are basically doomed whatever we do.
    • When we act on reports (which supposedly should be supported by the community) community does not help us when the chat banned players complain in public. And blames us for heavy handed moderation
    • When we dont act on reports - community blames us for toxicity of the chat

The effects on motivation of the dev team on reading reporting is real
Toxicity leaves an real impression on new players. Toxicity is mentioned A LOT in reviews. Some here suggest moderating and banning?

Ok.. but those people then complain in reviews.

You can save global and battle chat, but this will take real action showing real result.

For example
This guy is claiming we remove accounts (he was chat banned for illegal name)
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ray270382/recommended/1307440/ - 130 people found this review helpful 

What did you all do to stop such reports as a community? Did you flag it to valve? (there is a button to report it as breaking rules). Why should i police chat if you don't help me. For me it is 10x easier and safer to just remove the global.

@admin Steam seems to be more of a problem than it is a solution, is it realistic to consider leaving steam and having your own shop ect much like DCS has its own shop plus steam access ?

Edited by Henry Long Castle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

false reviews?.... blatant lies they are. please do not ruin the game because some people lie about it. then the assholes will have won their irrational war against NA!

Sounds like Admin has doesn't really have any other choice.    Admin is fed up with dealing with bad players. The bad players win.  Good players lose.

Sad.  Lies are powerful weapons.

8 hours ago, admin said:

Of course..but we have unbiased solutions for national chat but we don't have unbiased solutions for global.

• That player then CRIES harassment by devs/mods, claims unprofessionalism and freedom of speech - we get negativity on forums or in reviews
  • Community CAN police those reports, by reporting them to valve as breaking community guidelines or being off topic, BUT They don't. And we are basically doomed whatever we do.
    • When we act on reports (which supposedly should be supported by the community) community does not help us when the chat banned players complain in public. And blames us for heavy handed moderation

Toxicity leaves an real impression on new players. Toxicity is mentioned A LOT in reviews. Some here suggest moderating and banning?

You can save global and battle chat, but this will take real action showing real result.

For example
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ray270382/recommended/1307440/ - 130 people found this review helpful 

What did you all do to stop such reports as a community? Did you flag it to valve? (there is a button to report it as breaking rules). Why should i police chat if you don't help me. For me it is 10x easier and safer to just remove the global.

Thanks for your reply.  You have explained your stressful situation well.  I appreciate the problem you face and sympathize.

I am willing to help save chat .  Can you please explain how.  
How should I report things?  I have used the ingame report feature for all instances of bad behavior.  How can I do more?

Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say: 

1. Of course..but we have unbiased solutions for national chat but we don't have unbiased solutions for global.
  2. We have ignore. Communication can be disabled. Does not work for some reason. 

• Why will ignore not work in a battle instance?  Is it a coding issue?
  • What are the unbiased solutions to save nation chat?  It is toxic very often.  Especially with players spreading predictions that NA is doomed.  

Help chat is toxic too, but ignore works well there.

Edited by Macjimm

Hey Admin, 

Thank you for replying to my post. And thanks to all the others who are involved in this lively discussion. 

You have made it very clear: 

18 hours ago, admin said:

I have no plans to add small battles because we want people to be in the open world and not in small battles lobby. 

It's all your decision. You make the game, you change it to be the way you think is best for various reasons.

After that it's all on the customers. If your decisions make the people enjoy the game more, the reports will be great. If the changes will make people enjoy the game less, the reports will be bad. That's the same for every product on the planet. Also impressively successful games have their fair share of false ratings and comments, but they are washed away by an overwealming ammount of great comments. I feel sad if people say untrue things about the game and the devs. Im just unsure if that's really what tips the needle.

I would love to shed some different perspective on the steam reviews:

1. Customer Expectations

If you call a game "Action" well... then people will expect action... if they then join and experience:

23 hours ago, admin said:

the feeling of vastness and emptiness of the sea

they will be disappointed. It's just about how you set up the expectation. Hey want some nice salad? Gets the best steak in the world instead... Bah I wanted salad! 

But then again "Naval vastness and emptiness" would probably not attract too many customers in the first place. 

I know i did cut out the last part of your sentence:

23 hours ago, admin said:

full of danger or calm.

So "Naval emptyness full of calm" .... would not be so thrilling either i guess. Don't be too angry at me please. I know i left out some pieces. "Naval vastness full of danger" might also have fit into the name and might be better to your liking.

All I'm saying is: The title of the game is in itself misleading to what people actually get. So this might be one of the reasons for the steam reviews. 

2. The toxic chat

Yes, the chat can be toxic and yes it is a problem.

One of the reasons why chat is toxic and drives players away is because when people loose something, loose something they can never get back, which is their lifetime they spent on gaining said things. 

People don't like loosing things in general, so that creates frustration.

One way to counter this is to make the process of loosing enjoyable. If the loss comes with a great experience, or a higher cause or a gain on another level, then losses can be coped with much easyer, maybe even enjoyed. 

Things that can help you deal with losses are: e.g. Gain of alternate ressources e.g. experience. Gain of knowledge, gain of enjoyment, gain of respect and so on. In general the things that you gain from the loss need to outweight the loss of lifetime. 

When you loose something and never even had the chance to win, because the enemy is more, bigger, has more mods and so on then the loss becomes frustrating because you didnt get enough out of the process of loosing. It was just a slaugther. No enjoyment gained, just pure loss. That hurts and that will lead to toxic chat and to toxic feelings and toxic reviews.

So: To get chat to be positive, losses have to be percieved as wins. So people are happy even though they lost. 

And say: "great fight, wanna fight again?"  Instead of "noob ganker" "you only won because you have all the mods" and so on...

There are a few ways to do this which can be used in combination, of which you will discard many right away, because you just don't want them or they dont fit into your vision of your game. Which is your full right to do.

1. Make people not loose anything. Or loose less. 
When there are only gains in pvp, the loss would cost you pride, but nothing else. That would make the chat a lot less toxic and overall mood a lot happyer and more fightwilling. I know that would probably destroy the crafting. Or would it? Many mmo's have crafting, but dont have itemloss... how do they operate? Very few MMO's are: "loose all equipped items on death" I guess you know why that is. Because it hurts.

2. Make people enjoy the loss through other compensations.
If thee was something to gain from a loss which outweights the loss of time spent to be able to fight, then the loss would be tolerable. Basically: If i have to spend 10h doing something i dont like to be able to do something i like for 1h then i will be angry anyways. If i then loose everything i spent my hours for, i get even more angry. But if I gain something that i can keep, i will be happy. (And dont tell me "you gain game knowledge" that's not what people want to hear after they lost their ship that they have worked so hard for. "now you know better...." )

3. Make the process of loosing incredibly enjoyable. 
This is where the ROE come in. If i loose a close fight, that i could have won, but i made a mistake or the enemy was more skilled than me, i will be happy. If i loose a slaugther i will be toxic. If i got ganked, i will be toxic. It i got killed by overwealming equipment, i will be toxic. (I is the average gamer here). Fights that you could win are more enjoyable than fights you had no chance to win in the first place. So the game should promote fights that lead to enjoyment for the loosing side. So the more i have some chance of winning by my own skill, the more enjoyable my loosing experience will be.

Overall it's easy to say: "why are you players so toxic?" "Just stop being toxic." 

If you remove the chat you are just removing a symptom, not the cause of the toxicity.

Instead of removing the chat, you could make the losses more enjoyable for the loosing players by punishing them less for losses or by making the loss more worthwile, thus creating more fights, more action and more "GG's"

I would love to join and help in a team that figures out how to make loosing more enjoyable while still keeping the "Sea full of Danger"-Feeling for the game. 

PS: I would like to add my game experience from the last days. I got 4 ships from old friends for free so i lost a total of 7 ships in 3 days. I didnt win a single fight. I didnt have a single fight that i could have won. I chose to go into those fights anyways, because i love fighting so much and because for me the fighting is the heart of this game. I provided a little entertainment for me and a lot of entertainment for my more equipped enemies in bigger ships. I asked all of them "could you please let me live" 9/10 answered "no, i want the kill." (The exception was PGMonkey and his friend who smashed my trinc 2vs1 in their snows.) Now I'm back to 0 ships, 0 gold, and what did i gain? A total of around 2h of enjoyment. What did the others gain? The great feeling of winning, the loot, the ability to fight another round in their ship, the pride and way more enjoyment, because not only is the win itself enjoyment, also the process of winning is enjoyment. I provided entertainment and content for players which are now happyer than before. At the expense of my time, my money and my pride. Now I am forced to do things i dislike. Trading, crafting, begging... on top of the shame and the loss, i now have to suffer for days to get back to where i was before i did the fighting. Im suffering just to get back to where i started 3 days ago. Ofc many will say: Join a clan, they will help you. Adapt or die. Survival of the fittest. All that talk. But it's still a game, I play it because i enjoy it. If I want to do things i dont enjoy, I have my real life where i can do just that all the time. And for being on the open world: Yes, would i be trading, i would be on the open world. But would i fight? No, I would run away from everyone. Would I provide entertainment? No. Would anyone see me in any instance? No. If i would actually do it (which i probably wont) I would be sailing around in a lynx or a cutter, where noone would ever catch me all by myself suffering and argueing with myself why i was so stupid to even go into fights when all it does is bring me pain and suffering.

Edited by Puchu
  • Like 2

@Puchu I guess its only a handful of us that find enjoyment in a game that punishes you for mistakes. In other words me and other people playing this game only got more encouraged each time we lost a ship. I personally like to analyse each battle that I took part in my head. See what I did wrong and how I could avoid doing it again, see what my enemy did to counter my moves and so on. Im not even half as good as the top players of this game are, but where other people get frustrated when they get ganged, I just blame myself for doing a bad tag or being out of position in battle, ect. More often than not there is something I could have done to prevent the loss of my ship...

• Like 3

On 6/10/2020 at 7:45 PM, HachiRoku said:

2 captains playing a game of inteligence for 2.5 hours without all these insane bonuses etc. It was simple but it worked.  You gave us something we loved and then removed it. We do not have the luxury of going to another developer for this because noone knows how to make a naval game like you. It might be shit for you but that shit was the best gaming I have had in 30 years. 

AMEN

well @admin...i'm reading you have some problems with customers on steam...again...as in the last 5 years.   is it time ,maybe, to ask yourself if you did some mistakes?

as i already said many times and you ignored without answering every time , i will tell you again the solution for your game: LIST OF RULES.

RULES: if you introduce a new mechanic that must work for example like Frontlines, and you see some nation exploiting it in a way you don't want (like pirates did with saint mary on USA coast capping it miles and miles behind frontlines allowed port)...just BAN every player who used/participated into the exploit.

if you say ''you can't enter in an hostility mission stacked over another hostility mission so you cannot be countered even if it is a Devs programming/coding mistake'' , you HAVE TO BAN every single account that entered that battle istance.

if you don't start BANNING who doesn't respect rules, you will always have toxic chat and bad reviews...toxicity is because new and old players get frustrated because more old players group up together to use all exploit and escamotage to win not by skill but only by impossible battle for the enemy (like Puchu...4 vs 1) . 

if you are scared to lose your Russian streamer that you believe are bringing to your game new player, you will be always in the same situation.  your Russian streamers are the reason why you have bad reviews: they show that there are no rules, that everyone can join the Top nation and go harrassing smaller one cause smaller cannot win by skill, numbers,mods, money and port bonus, they show that if you are Russian player playing in Russia nation you will not receive so many warning/ban/alert from Devs as non-Russian palyers do( Lord Viscious was the first...and surprise!! he discovered a duplicating-mods exploit used by Russian players for a long time providing you also a video and you banned Viscious for another silly reason and did nothing to those Russian players) , they show it's fun make other players ragequit, they show you have no control on your game and community...because managin YOUR community is YOUR JOB not our...we are customers...

so again...LIST OF RULES AND ''GOODBYE'' to all your Russian streamers accounts(they did enough to ruins that game), Big NEw Wipe to test your new game with new mechanics (frontlines,port bonus, incredible mods and woods ecc ecc), remove unlimited repairs in battle a bring back Old Sea Trials mechanic with only 3 or 0 reps for each battle (hull sails).

start going to QUALITY not falling to QUANTITY...you don't have a sufficient number of devs to go for quantity, you can sell only QUALITY and quality alwasy bring people.  follo the BLIZZARD example: they BANNED 1.300 Wow account in 1 day for exploit and cheating...1.300 paying account...in 1 day...in less than a month they gained about 8.000 new account because people know the BLIZZARD protect who wants to play the game following rules and not exploiting them...

or sell Naval Action to Blizzard and be rich

• Like 1

21 hours ago, admin said:

For example

People will complain more in review if you remove the chats...stop being lazy and drop the chat ban hammer on people who abuse reporting of chats.   3 strikes = week chat ban, continued abuse = longer chat bans.  Its not revolutionary.    Also, how are you expected to join battles from other nations as a 3rd or 4th party if you don't know who is where?  why would you join?  you can't communicate with anyone...   thats just poor game design due to lack of willingness to work support tickets.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, admin said:

For example

I think that review is more about the DLC ships than any Acc banning lol! 

I understand your issue with the chat banns but you shouldnt care I've  played games were u could get banned way easyer in Chat or forums! 

I rally like the Fakt that you are interacting with us so mutch in forums and stuff!! 

Eveny though I don't agree with all your discussions and some times even get hello kittying mad about it!! 

Global chat and battle chat  is the only way ppl from different nations can communicate! 

To give you a positive example 

Me and @Lukas97Austria hated each other's Guds here in the forum but last time we were in battle we had a cool little chat and made peace with each other!

I know this is only a small example compared to all the shit that is going on! 

Greetings 

Swedish Berserker 

Edited by Swedish Berserker

9 hours ago, huliotkd said:

AMEN

well @admin...i'm reading you have some problems with customers on steam...again...as in the last 5 years.   is it time ,maybe, to ask yourself if you did some mistakes?

as i already said many times and you ignored without answering every time , i will tell you again the solution for your game: LIST OF RULES.

RULES: if you introduce a new mechanic that must work for example like Frontlines, and you see some nation exploiting it in a way you don't want (like pirates did with saint mary on USA coast capping it miles and miles behind frontlines allowed port)...just BAN every player who used/participated into the exploit.

if you say ''you can't enter in an hostility mission stacked over another hostility mission so you cannot be countered even if it is a Devs programming/coding mistake'' , you HAVE TO BAN every single account that entered that battle istance.

if you don't start BANNING who doesn't respect rules, you will always have toxic chat and bad reviews...toxicity is because new and old players get frustrated because more old players group up together to use all exploit and escamotage to win not by skill but only by impossible battle for the enemy (like Puchu...4 vs 1) . 

if you are scared to lose your Russian streamer that you believe are bringing to your game new player, you will be always in the same situation.  your Russian streamers are the reason why you have bad reviews: they show that there are no rules, that everyone can join the Top nation and go harrassing smaller one cause smaller cannot win by skill, numbers,mods, money and port bonus, they show that if you are Russian player playing in Russia nation you will not receive so many warning/ban/alert from Devs as non-Russian palyers do( Lord Viscious was the first...and surprise!! he discovered a duplicating-mods exploit used by Russian players for a long time providing you also a video and you banned Viscious for another silly reason and did nothing to those Russian players) , they show it's fun make other players ragequit, they show you have no control on your game and community...because managin YOUR community is YOUR JOB not our...we are customers...

so again...LIST OF RULES AND ''GOODBYE'' to all your Russian streamers accounts(they did enough to ruins that game), Big NEw Wipe to test your new game with new mechanics (frontlines,port bonus, incredible mods and woods ecc ecc), remove unlimited repairs in battle a bring back Old Sea Trials mechanic with only 3 or 0 reps for each battle (hull sails).

start going to QUALITY not falling to QUANTITY...you don't have a sufficient number of devs to go for quantity, you can sell only QUALITY and quality alwasy bring people.  follo the BLIZZARD example: they BANNED 1.300 Wow account in 1 day for exploit and cheating...1.300 paying account...in 1 day...in less than a month they gained about 8.000 new account because people know the BLIZZARD protect who wants to play the game following rules and not exploiting them...

or sell Naval Action to Blizzard and be rich

I am afraid you are asking too much.

But we can ask for a separate game for our RU community.

Naval Action: Black Sea - the ultimate place where all Russian players will be moved for free! :D I actually start liking the idea...

1 hour ago, Swedish Berserker said:

I think that review is more about the DLC ships than any Acc banning lol! 

I understand your issue with the chat banns but you shouldnt care I've  played games were u could get banned way easyer in Chat or forums! 

I rally like the Fakt that you are interacting with us so mutch in forums and stuff!! 

Eveny though I don't agree with all your discussions and some times even get hello kittying mad about it!! 

Global chat and battle chat  is the only way ppl from different nations can communicate! 

To give you a positive example 

Me and @Lukas97Austria hated each other's Guds here in the forum but last time we were in battle we had a cool little chat and made peace with each other!

I know this is only a small example compared to all the shit that is going on! 

Greetings 

Swedish Berserker 

On the flip side mate i would suggest the problem isn't being able to chat but that you found yourself hating a random guy from the internet on a niche sailing game forum.

The loss of pixels for some people i guess is just to much to handle,

To give you a negative example

Last battle de-masts a Priv guys christian gets called a c**t ,do i wanna report that? Nah id rather they spend there time on the next DLC.  :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tac said:

On the flip side mate i would suggest the problem isn't being able to chat but that you found yourself hating a random guy from the internet on a niche sailing game forum.

The loss of pixels for some people i guess is just to much to handle,

To give you a negative example

Last battle de-masts a Priv guys christian gets called a c**t ,do i wanna report that? Nah id rather they spend there time on the next DLC.  :)

see that's whats wrong with your mindset.  I would rather they add something substantial to the game instead of tossing more dlc out every few months.   However, naval action has about the worst game design process out of any mmo that I've played at this time...so not surprised.

1 hour ago, Hittings said:

see that's whats wrong with your mindset.  I would rather they add something substantial to the game instead of tossing more dlc out every few months.   However, naval action has about the worst game design process out of any mmo that I've played at this time...so not surprised.

Then it seems my “irony” spell of the DLC misfired.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:40 PM, Tac said:

Then it seems my “irony” spell of the DLC misfired.

see - you get the point
Why should i waste time on reading reports that show chat content from ass holes (and ruin my mood and positive attitude, losing faith in humanity) when instead i can bring beautiful amazing vessels that never sailed for 300 years and now can sail THANKS to our DLC patrons?

Chats are getting cut sorry guys. your witty post has only confirmed my point = majority only see chat it as a sarcastic tool to belittle the opponent , or gang up together to belittle an opponent.  No chat = no problem. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, admin said:

see - you get the point
Why should i waste time on reading reports that show content from ass holes (and ruin my mood and positive attitude, losing faith in humanity) when instead i can bring beautiful amazing vessels that never sailed for 300 years and now can sail THANKS to our DLC patrons?

Chats are getting cut sorry guys. your witty post has only confirmed my point = majority only see chat it as a sarcastic tool to belittle the opponent , or gang up together to belittle an opponent.  No chat = no problem. 

I am surprised reading reports is part of your job as a developer, surely you need unpaid volunteers to admin the forum and game chat for you?

I have been part of the same gaming community for 15 years if all developers took the easy way out like Wargaming and banned chat, communties like mine would have found things a lot harder to get going in the first place.

The attitude it's the internetz and suck it up buttercup has never washed with me, swear in the ingame chat or forum and short ban (short ban is the warning second offence it's permanant) anything worse than swearing perm ban no reversals. Make a good choice of admins give them a set of rules and back them.

1 hour ago, Creme Anglaise said:

I am surprised reading reports is part of your job as a developer, surely you need unpaid volunteers to admin the forum and game chat for you?

If only))
The problem is not only reading the reports (its a big problem but we indeed can get help doing it). Volunteers can help with one problem but another one remains.

even with  volunteers (we had free volunteers helping us - thank you dear volunteers we owe you next game for free) the problem does not go away. The problem is the side butterfly effects of bans, in the modern world where everyone has a right opinion. 

• Case A - If you don't ban - people who were chat abused come and spread the info on the toxic community
  • Case B - If you ban - people who were banned come and spread information on the heavy handed moderation (no matter who does it - ask any volunteer mod). In addition to that unpaid volunteer mods are constantly attacked as shills and dev pets even if they are really neutral. 

In olden days our community could defend us, commenting in reviews posting corrections to the potential buyers, but steam some time ago decided to allow review posters to hide/delete comments (even from devs) or even remove all comments whatsoever, blocking community chance to respond. 

Overall we don't see a clear way out without removing the source of the problem which are: Global chat, battle chat, pm's from enemies. Wargaming could not handle battle chat even with 1000mods and unlimited budgets. They just cut it and never looked back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, admin said:

Wargaming could not handle battle chat even with 1000mods and unlimited budgets and just cut it and never looked back.

True.

What about an opt-in chat that no player has activated by default?

If people use an opt-in chat to rage-type, would it matter?

This game hinges much, much more on a community feeling than WG games.

I've seen an undocumented opt-in chat work in a game with similar crowd numbers we have. They had a "tune to radio frequency 200" feature that needed more input than simply clicking "enable rage-chat".

btw...

WG kept PM's. Over the top angry PM's are my favourite thing, but I'm told by the guys here I'm weird, so...

Edited by jodgi
  • Like 2