Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

2 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I do not think we get flags. Flags is a pure PvP mechanism which is impossible to implement as is, on PvE server. As people can't rush to fight those who are carrying the flag.

Yes, hence why I asked. New mechanic cant(?) be inplemented into PvE. So are we shafted with the old one with no improvements? I was looking forward to new changes, since right now, PvE server hostility is just a clicky click minigame about who can click exit battle sooner, nothing related to skill. So I really hoped something would change and now all changes are scratched and only PvP variant developed?

55 minutes ago, Trawn said:

Yes, hence why I asked. New mechanic cant(?) be inplemented into PvE. So are we shafted with the old one with no improvements? I was looking forward to new changes, since right now, PvE server hostility is just a clicky click minigame about who can click exit battle sooner, nothing related to skill. So I really hoped something would change and now all changes are scratched and only PvP variant developed?

I share exactly this, your criticism about "who can click exit battle sooner, nothing related to skill".

What about the original change planned in this announcement? We still could get it, and only, on PvE server?

@admin why not make a system where attacking nation has to "search and destroy enemy ships" outside the enemy port to increase hostility. Defending nation will notice increased hostility, and can go out and fight them to stop the hostility. Pve and Pvp fights should count towards hostility. To motivate both defenders and attackers, damage might count like it does in Patrol Zone, with some rewards. Attackes will have to take a mission to open the hostility zone. It should take some effort to flip ports in the zone, making it harder to do many at once. Failing to flip should also give a reward to defending nation. This will bring action in the open world rather than inside a hostility mission.

Edited by admiralellis
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:47 PM, mexicanbatman said:

game dying 1-52 weeks 

Just speak for yourself mate

Couldnt it be that game is dying for YOU because you first left GB nation to join Spain in order to fight your former nation in an all-out-war and now, that you lost with your new nation, you switched again...to which nation now, if i may ask...and feel a bit depressed about it ???

So dont blame the game, blame yourself for being one of the most frequent nation hoppers

1 hour ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Just speak for yourself mate

Couldnt it be that game is dying for YOU because you first left GB nation to join Spain in order to fight your former nation in an all-out-war and now, that you lost with your new nation, you switched again...to which nation now, if i may ask...and feel a bit depressed about it ???

So dont blame the game, blame yourself for being one of the most frequent nation hoppers

No i love this game personally play it everyday but almost everything i read is people taking a break sadly from the game because of current situation 

Losing is just part of the game dont see me cry about it , in my view we havent lost but many people taking a break so we dont have the people to fight in port battles , untill its back like normal i just wanna sail my ships and have some fun if that requires me to follow some friends to a diffrent nation i dont mind  i didnt leave spain on a bad note , like i left britain wich where toxic 24/7 in nation chat  and after toxic in global chat aswell calling us traitors for joining friends instead if staying in a toxic environment  

You call me a frequent nation hopper but first nation i joined was dutch untill the game wiped and my friends wanted the play sweden untill the game wiped and a friend wanted to play brits i stayed there from january to april 4 months untill it became so toxic i didnt wanna stay so i joined my friends not because i wanted to nation switch i didnt even own the nation switch yet and i bitched about it all day 

Hated for wanting to play with friends instead of staying in a nation alone  makes sence

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

9-49 weeks more to go........

Patch soon. We needed to rework conquest flags and flags is a big complete feature itself. Hence it takes longer, but it will feel like a complete conquest overhaul patch with teleport to port battles and unexploitable conquest flags!

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, admin said:

Parche pronto. Necesitábamos reelaborar banderas de conquista y las banderas son una gran característica completa en sí. Por lo tanto, lleva más tiempo, ¡pero se sentirá como un parche de revisión de conquista completa con teletransporte a batallas portuarias y banderas de conquista inexplotables!

Is it possible that a Spanish ship will arrive in the future?

57 minutes ago, admin said:

Patch soon. We needed to rework conquest flags and flags is a big complete feature itself. Hence it takes longer, but it will feel like a complete conquest overhaul patch with teleport to port battles and unexploitable conquest flags!

So mutch Content will be wiped out if screening is gone........... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

You underestimate your player base, my dear Admin. 😇

3 hours ago, admin said:

Oh, you are again using the indefinite time range "soon".

Does anyone remember how long last "soon"?

Edited by qw569😳
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, qw569😳 said:

Oh, you are again using the indefinite time range "soon".

Does anyone remember how long last "soon"?

On the average #SOON has normally been 3-6 months depending which time you speak of, but remember you can't start counting until after the mandatory over 30 days late from when they mention it was suppose to happen in the first place.  So in January if they say they will be doing a big Patch on EGGNOODLES, expect it some time around June till December of that year.

4 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

If the Conquest Flag is a "fixed" version of the flags of old we had, then maybe screening will be done differently and RvR could become enjoyable for all walks of life.

1. Flag is heavy in weight, so a big ship needs to carry it
2. flag takes some time to "plant" in order for the enemy to have a chance of stopping it. in the past flags took 2 minutes once you got close enough to plant them. Timer should (hopefully) be longer
3. buying the flag and whatever cooldown it needs to be sailed to the port could actually be an enjoyable form of screening.

high hopes maybe? my judgment is that it won't work out, but it's my last hope for better RvR.

8 hours ago, admin said:

Best news

as we learned, we need to think in valve time

so "coming soon" means more then two month

I think until then I will be alone in my clan or even nation.

lets hope for the best and thx to the admin for stopping to insult players and being just a bit more diplomatic

21 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

I just hope they limit the amount of ports that can be flipped. Don't need huge nations just flipping ports then using that to pick which ports to take which aren't defended. Would literally kill the game over night.

@admin

On 5/19/2020 at 6:23 PM, Swedish Berserker said:

Did I miss something???? where do they say screening is gone???? It says "TELEPORT TO PORT BATTLES" but man!!! u need to get a flag to the port in the first place!!!

IIRC screening was really important when we had the flag system, and is still going to be important.

What a way to complicate existence. It is much easier and easier for ports to reach a limit of hostility for a battle to be declared per port (and must be a very high number) and whatever the other nations do raises hostility and what the defender nation's players (both killing AI and players) do, hostility will drop... if in 24 hours, the number is higher the limit the nation that has put the most points, challenges the defender in a PB, if the defender, has managed to maintain the controlled hostility, without passing the limit, there is no PB... This way, any action from any player will count and port capture will be more dynamic.

Honestly, sometimes developers seem unable to even know how to solve the simplest things and are tumbling from one part to another.

3 hours ago, Timberjac said:

What a way to complicate existence. It is much easier and easier for ports to reach a limit of hostility for a battle to be declared per port (and must be a very high number) and whatever the other nations do raises hostility and what the defender nation's players (both killing AI and players) do, hostility will drop... if in 24 hours, the number is higher the limit the nation that has put the most points, challenges the defender in a PB, if the defender, has managed to maintain the controlled hostility, without passing the limit, there is no PB... This way, any action from any player will count and port capture will be more dynamic.

Honestly, sometimes developers seem unable to even know how to solve the simplest things and are tumbling from one part to another.

How did not we think of the 24 hour hostility window. This is amazing, players will be then able to gain hostility while enemy is sleeping, can even flip the port right after maintenance.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, admin said:

How did not we think of the 24 hour hostility window. This is amazing, players will be then able to gain hostility while enemy is sleeping, can even flip the port right after maintenance.

First, thanks for your answer.

Ok, I can get that point…  maybe with one of 12 hours or 16 (really, there players of lots of countries, any closed timing may be always Will go against some players). What I'm trying to say is that maybe, better than the current one, is a more immersive one and has a clan in mind, not only for a clan to launch a mission and do it in a while, but to be, the sum of many more things, and more times, where any player, even the one who doesn't know they're doing it contributes , both in attack and in defence. And above all, if an area is contested by several nations, it means continued effort on the part of these nations, to the end, you see which of them is the "challenger" for the possession of the port, to the possessing nation. Even if the range of action were high enough, hostility could increase at very close ports.

And again thanks.