Game-Labs Forum

2 minutes ago, Redman29 said:

Think it will be a while before we see the new 1st rates in large numbers. 3600 tools takes a while to buy and move and that's just for one 1st rate. Not to mention the cost, 7 Mil in reals and an additional 10k doubloons. (Speaking from the RVR point of view)

Smaller ships yes, but again only the richest players/many alts will be able to push out seasoned wood ships in decent numbers 

But this is almost a slightly better copy of the fine woods, and we all know how well that went

It does not matter how long it takes to obtain them, the fact is they will become the new "must have" and the first nation to get sufficient numbers crafted will rule the RvR which in turn makes it easier for them to craft more and continue their domination. There are players out there already with over 100m Reals and hundreds of thousands of doubloons and the ability to sail fleets of Indiamen almost uninterrupted between ports, so they will be producing these ships within hours rather than days.

@Devs: 

Please answer me a short Question: Why should seeded Players continue Playing the Game, when you make all Woods which Where Collected and payed are now Worthless?

Next Question: Why did you lowered the Port Battle Ritings? To have less players in Portbattles?

Edited by Knuddel

1 hour ago, Liq said:

i dont understand, why would you care about Battle Ratings on PvE server? Like, not meant offensively, im genuenly intersted

Street rep

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Knuddel said:

@Devs: 

Please answer me a short Question: Why should seeded Players continue Playing the Game, when you make all Woods which Where Collected and payed are now Worthless?

I think you need regular wood logs to get the seasoned ones, no? so you kinda "process" them to a better quality level? 

Still, way over the top, unbalanced

so yea... this Russian player didn't request these changes to the BR system and Fine Woods 2.0.  Just an FYI.

We did however request BR changes that had some prior thought attached to them.  The same with the Front Lines system.  After 4-5 months of waiting and a hundred requests from the community to adjust BR, the current fix is basically a slap in the face.   Sad.

Can we just like roll back to the BR limits that were in place prior to release?  Please?  It can't be that difficult.

These low effort "whatever requires the least amount of coding" changes sure do get tiring to deal with.  

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Like 7

I don't think I can personally continue to be cordial on the forums :P.

we had some actual suggestion discussion about this, about BR for ports. like quite literally word for word on what should be done.

instead it's almost the opposite.

then this magical new building is another crazy grind on what is basically fine woods again to which was probably the single most important factor that had the largest amount of players leave....but HEY, lets do it again boys.

and now on top of that it seems we have some new hard caps.

This. Is. Hilarious.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Redman29 said:

Think it will be a while before we see the new 1st rates in large numbers. 3600 tools takes a while to buy and move and that's just for one 1st rate. Not to mention the cost, 7 Mil in reals for tools and an additional 10k doubloons in seasoned woods. (Speaking from the RVR point of view)

Smaller ships yes, but again only the richest players/many alts will be able to push out seasoned wood ships in decent numbers 

But this is almost a slightly better copy of the fine woods, and we all know how well that went

if you saw some screenshots of some players warehouses/money you'd realize that these same players can literally supply a nation with multiple port battle fleets - all they need are the privateer chests, and those hardcore players that want to win badly will absolutely go deep into the grind.

will it happen immediately? no, but the moment you find out your opponents whole fleet is these pent up seasoned wood suckers. that's the end there

this is fine woods all over again as you point out, and it'll end the same way it did before.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

BR changes are fine. They will come in handy when Capital first - Regionals second limitation will be removed. This change did not get in due to complex bug in Capital protector fleets which delayed it.

All regions received 55 point ports and important historical centers were increased to 50 points to give opportunities to build better ships and provide more raiding targets in diverse regions. 

Patchnotes will be posted shortly. 

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

BR changes are fine. They will come in handy when Capital first - Regionals second limitation will be removed. This change did not get in. 
All regions received 55 point ports and important historical centers were increased to 50 points to give opportunities to build better ships and provide more raiding targets in diverse regions. 

Patchnotes will be posted shortly.

Makes sense, thanks for further information

5 minutes ago, admin said:

They will come in handy when Capital first - Regionals second limitation will be removed. 

2 hours ago, Winterthrust said:

Ok, You know how I said one of the major issues I had with this game was the devs threw in random game changing stuff without warning like it was an afterthought.....this, this just made my point. I mean this is all well and good but what is the point of a roadmap if you're not going to implement half the things on it and instead just add in random stuff like this on a whim.

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

It's not for the benefit of PvP players, it's for the benefit of Russian nation PvP players.

What about 
Belize turned 50 points - British
Caracas turned 55 points - Dutch
Puerto Espana turned 50 points - Dutch
Bridge Town turned 55 points - France
Bluefields turned 50 points - British

You turned into an outraged bucket of hate again and went completely blind?

• Like 4

Just now, admin said:

What about 

Please. Can you not waste your time on that "outraged bucket of hate" and post proper patch notes  so everyone could understand what happened today and what will happen later?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, admin said:

What about 

Hey admin, just give people what they want and stop adding surprise mechanics to make the grind even worse. Maybe then people wouldn't be so full of hate

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, admin said:
4 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

It's not for the benefit of PvP players, it's for the benefit of Russian nation PvP players.

What about 

@Gregory Rainsborough is talking about the BR changes, not the port point changes.

Capitals are still 20k BR across the board. And for the last few weeks every Nation except for Russia has massively struggled to fill 20k BR Port Battles, as can be seen by several no show PBs. For all it's players the Dutch can barely get 10k BR together. The French struggle with 20k BR as well. As do the Prussians, the Spanish, the Pirates, the US, the Danish and the Polish. Are those nations supposed to slowly lose all their counties except the incapturable ports?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knuddel said:
13 minutes ago, Captain Cid said:

still no solution for smaller nations which dont have 20 or 25 players for a pb

There are 5K br ports, but a solution it isnt the only Solution is join a nation which has numbers.

Those are regional ports which means to capture one you still need to go through a 20k BR county capital.
Also, as far as I can tell, lower BR is correlated to lower investment points. So smaller nations are supposed to only get inferior ships now too? Granted, the difference between a 55 point port and a 50 point port is negligible. But  that is not the case when it goes down to 20 points or less.

5 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Capitals are still 20k BR across the board. And for the last few weeks every Nation except for Russia has massively struggled to fill 20k BR Port Battles, as can be seen by several no show PBs. For all it's players the Dutch can barely get 10k BR together. The French struggle with 20k BR as well. As do the Prussians, the Spanish, the Pirates, the US, the Danish and the Polish. Are those nations supposed to slowly lose all their counties except the incapturable ports?

Black River (capital port) is now 5k BR, so you should look carefully for changes all over the map

30 minutes ago, admin said:

What about 

I don't give a hoot about port point changes, I care about the ability to defend the port. I'm referring to the BR changes, not the points.

What's the point of a high point port if it cannot be defended for lack of players?

Absolutely none.

Only Russia is capable of fielding the fleets necessary in order to take them or defend them properly without the use of alts in other nations (ie, Swedes and Dutch switching alts to help each other defend their ports).

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 3