Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Beautiful Screenshots and Videos

Shaun

This is BB is not the greatest, but its cost effective and have a good gun/armor/speed balance. Its pitch is also as small as it can be for a 3 turreted ship. With accuracy of 22% at 10km it's 3x2 16" are superior to what you would get with two triple mount. If you have a superior triple mount of same caliber let me know.

I tried to show all the relevant information to replicate it, enjoy!
YxREh9f.jpg

3 hours ago, RedParadize said:

This is BB is not the greatest, but its cost effective and have a good gun/armor/speed balance. Its pitch is also as small as it can be for a 3 turreted ship. With accuracy of 22% at 10km it's 3x2 16" are superior to what you would get with two triple mount. If you have a superior triple mount of same caliber let me know.

I tried to show all the relevant information to replicate it, enjoy!
YxREh9f.jpg

Thank you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Absolute0CA said:

Battleship Oregon firing on hostile battleship circa 1902, image taken from rigging of Battleship Virginia.

Oregon_from_Virgina.png

Love the creativty of this shot, i have a few other 'old' screenshots to show, of an ijn ship and a large italian BB!

Taking a german approach to the modern battleship mission I go for an optimized 4x2 18" turrets Yamato. Firing super heavy shells, Armor is pretty solid, 6"on the deck, 16 on the belt, same for turrets, 20" on the conning tower.

The ship sacrifies the number of gun and a little bit of speed (only 24kn top) for optimized firepower. Auto loader, turret rotation, auxiliary engines, best shaft.

I end up with a monstrously accurate ship that annihilated the ennemy with surgical precision, i still Had 600 shells when the game ended and not a single scratch.  Definitely a validated concept.

image.thumb.png.035e33bcbaf190f9d88b0854f793b6a6.png

Edited by sarrumac

On 10/31/2019 at 9:53 AM, sarrumac said:

I end up with a monstrously accurate ship that annihilated the enemy with surgical precision, i still Had 600 shells when the game ended and not a single scratch.  Definitely a validated concept.

They really need to look at the long range accuracy system they've implemented, else the campaign is going to get seriously out of whack.

Just one of these things can make half a dozen even reasonably decent earlier tech capital ships all but irrelevant, which is neither realistic nor desirable.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

They really need to look at the long range accuracy system they've implemented, else the campaign is going to get seriously out of whack.

Just one of these things can make half a dozen even reasonably decent earlier tech capital ships all but irrelevant, which is neither realistic nor desirable.

Agreed, this thing was  ridiculous. Was fun to do though.

2 hours ago, sarrumac said:

Agreed, this thing was  ridiculous. Was fun to do though.

I just did it for the first time.

9 x 18" in 3 x 3 centreline turrets.

18 x 6" in 3 x 3 turrets on each side of tower.

Best quality everything.

Armour only to 11".

Murdered everything barely got hit.

I did cop a torp but that's because the controls freaked out and for some reason I couldn't get it to react to the manual rudder. Otherwise I must've evaded at least 20 other torps lobbed in my direction.

As usual, the big guns murdered the DDs one after another. Only reason it took a while was they do normal ranging shot on them, too. Next salvo? Dead.

Other dopey thing was I tried AP and HE. The latter was still ridiculously OP, frankly.

AP bounced sometimes, sometimes got partial pen and sometimes full pen. HE more or less blew everything up with I-2 hits at 20km or more, just punched through the deck extended and set off the ammo.

It was sort of entertaining, though, as you said.

My masterpiece is complete.

I_said_redacted.png

This monstrosity is the best balance of weight, cost and overall capability I've been able to devise for the CA option in the Pre-dreadnought Conflict mission. I personally still prefer my Brandenburg copy to this (will post that with stats later), but where's the fun in just two funnels? Actually, where's the fun in any design with less than five, amirite? 😜

Edited by The Geth
  • Like 3

Below we have two 74,000 ton American battleships, the Wisconsin, and Tennessee, heading to intercept an enemy fleet.
Armed with 4x2 457mm main guns, 4x2 152mm secondary guns in four twin turrets, and 12x2 127mm meaning these two ships pack heavy firepower,
with an armor profile between 75-420mm of thickness, and a top speed of 27.5 knots.

unknown.png
sIQ0YB.png
niUAEV.pngZSm8hE.pngmhLtel.png

Meanwhile in Japan:
unknown.png
8V9TwT.png
z1KiNJ.png
sDO6rh.png
( Sorta wish I coulda had them fight eachother heh )

• Like 3

IJN Amagi-class Battlecruiser.

82F73AD7C508D7D97A113F0E7259A0374328D0FE

I used Dreadnought hull because BC hull that was simillar, was to small, and a huge barbette couldn't fit in on the front.

Still that hull wasn't perfect enough, because i couldn't fit huge barbette any where in the back, turret nr 4 should be at the same height as turret nr 3, and because of that, there is huge fore weight offset (about 15,5%).

There are 6xI 127mm guns on the deck (3 per side) that are acting as single 120mm AA Guns.

Casemate's are armed with 152mm guns because of lack 140mm guns.

Armed with 5xII 406mm guns (because of lack 410mm).

No torpedo armament because Amagi-class battlecruisers where planned to be armed with 2xIII torp tubes between the waterline and deck, and because we cannot fit any torp tubes "inside" the ship, i desided to not give him any torp arnament for the weight saving.

Top speed is 30kn as planned.

Belt armor 250mm. (125mm extended)

Deck 95mm. (45mm extended)

Cunning Tower 360mm

Turrets 280mm (80mm top)

I used best possible upgrades to 1.Save the weight and 2.lower the fore weight offset.

3WYOxxa.jpg

The photo was taken from the American Berliner-Joyce OJ plane, repainted like an IJN plane, Kure Naval Arsenal 1933.

• Like 3