Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Beautiful Screenshots and Videos

Shaun

screen_1920x1080_2019-11-06_19-44-48.thumb.png.2f61d211b402cbd06fdd9b72bb9a4eca.png

I had to laugh given the name of the ship performing the ultimate "look at me" manoeuvre.

Have to love the way it lights up all the smoke nearby, the stack gases, gun smoke and screen laid by CLs. That's a wonderful touch, great attention to detail.

Seen from my perspective:

screen_1920x1080_2019-11-06_19-44-41.thumb.png.782860fbf162c8e94a91f533a3bb6249.png

p.s. if you can't make it out, she was "CA Narcissus🤣

Edited by Steeltrap
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 12:24 PM, Teraflame said:

She's a good battleship. But all the enemies ran away so that she could not complete the mission. 😢

Curious to know the weight distribution and pitch/roll values. Appears balanced as there's no mention of it in the screen, but normally putting 2 main turrets at the bow makes the designer have fit with balance.

I suppose you have those secondary turrets aft to help (something I do as well sometimes), but still surprised that was enough.

Those performance figures for acceleration seem pretty dire, or am I mistaken? Can't see your engine efficiency, but I assume you got it to 100%. Not using the shaft tech can really hurt when it comes to handling, but I guess you can't have everything while building 2 of them.

Edited by Steeltrap

4 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

Have to love the way it lights up all the smoke nearby, the stack gases, gun smoke and screen laid by CLs. That's a wonderful touch, great attention to detail.

yeah its a real cool detail how the smoke lights up whenever something explodes in it...

• Like 3

On 11/9/2019 at 7:13 PM, SiWi said:

yeah its a real cool detail how the smoke lights up whenever something explodes in it...

Even gunfire within it causes the area to light up, if not as brightly as the ammo explosion effect I captured.

Really impressed with that effect, even if the game itself tends to make my graphics card's fan get a workout lol.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, HusariuS said:

14B251672172BD235580614FDA177F6A86CB8B7D

Fuso-class Battleship

(pls add possibility to change the flag and name of the warship class ;-; )

You can just back to the mission select screen and start the mission up again as much as you want until you get to play as the Japanese. It takes as much as 5 seconds each try so... it's not something you should be skimping over as the flags does make it more authentic. 
A side note, this ship is utterly useless in many of the scenarios that it could be built. 23 knots in this game is the equivalent of a fk-ing bicycle which is absurd. Enemy ships constantly going 28+

Here's my Brandenburg copy, as promised! It's a bit silly, really; hilariously overpowered for its displacement. This is by far the best option I've been able to come up with for the Pre-dreadnought Conflict mission. Perhaps not as fun as my monstrous armoured cruiser design, but it's at least pretty to look at.

Improved Brandenburg class 2.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColonelHenry said:

You can just back to the mission select screen and start the mission up again as much as you want until you get to play as the Japanese. It takes as much as 5 seconds each try so... it's not something you should be skimping over as the flags does make it more authentic. 
A side note, this ship is utterly useless in many of the scenarios that it could be built. 23 knots in this game is the equivalent of a fk-ing bicycle which is absurd. Enemy ships constantly going 28+

I saw many times that AI build sometimes battleships with 25 kn top speed and even less.

Besides, as i remember, this ship would be useless much more because of huge for weight offset (above 20% if i remember correctly).