Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Beautiful Screenshots and Videos

Shaun

6 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy)) (KM).

I tried to reproduce some of the KM via custom battles.

Dreadnought Classes.

Nassau Class (19,000 tons, 12 x 28 mains, first dreadnought) 1908.

Couldn't do as a 19,000 tons but 22,500 was close enough.

Needed some narrow main and secondaries towers for better side turrets placements or wider hull shapes.

Conclusion: A fair approximation.

T3c55St.png

etc. etc.

Question: How are you making the wing turrets face front and rear? When I try it they always just stick out to the side.

It makes no gameplay difference, of course, but I think your way looks cooler

R and T to rotate items that you're placing. Doesn't work very well with mirrored placements (the mirror-placed items aren't rotated) but you can rotate them individually afterwards.

It does make a gameplay difference. Default positioning can define how fast a gun is able to bear towards the target at the beginning of the battle. It's pretty minor but it's something. Also rotating the items might allow you to put them in slightly different places than with the standard positioning. Which can be pretty useful for giving better cross-deck angles for wing turrets that are intended for that purpose.

This is something I've been thinking about making a video of. Making wing turrets work well, and specially without messing up your ship's balance isn't very easy, but if you know how to do it it can be done without too much trouble.

Edited by RAMJB

large.screen_1920x1080_2019-12-23_19-48-03.png.c09e91fdae987e3b276622591be865b0.pnglarge.screen_1920x1080_2019-12-23_19-47-48.png.65af6eb1d277d274944a51d6ddc76e13.png

I decided to fiddle around and try to make small battleships, and while these look like they belong in my tub they're still quite heavy. This beast here came in at 11.4k tonnes with twin 12 inch guns and 14 inches of harvey. The tonnages in this game seem to be very.. extreme. I was going through my Conway's fighting ships of 1860 to 1905 and was looking at some monsters from the 1880s and 1890s and their comparable weights and armor thicknesses.. The Ruggiero Di Lauria for example, Italian ironclad battleship commissioned in 1888, full load was just a angle hair under 11k tonnes. She sported 17 inches of steel belt armor and four 17in 27cal guns en echelon. Can't even come close. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

I know, this is not from the game, but the game inspired me to drew this custome pre-dreadnought battleship. Love steampunk.

20200112_134554.jpg

Love this! Probably can't make it in game, but you can sure make it in From the Depths!

• Like 2

My new Austro-Hungarian battlecruiser SMS Kaiserin, pretty much a fast battleship with 13 inch belt and turret, decks upto 5+ inches, does 30 knots and has 4 twin 12 inch guns. 

(Too bad there a limit to the amount of photos to be able to post)

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (62).png

Edited by Whomst'd've
  • Like 2

Here are some screenshots of my newly designed Petropavlovsk-Class Battlecruiser built by the Soviet Union! It has a maximum speed of 36 knots with a displacement of 47.100 tonnes. 3 Ships of the class are built: Petropavlovsk, Vladivostok and Perm. They are armed with 4x3 330mm, 2x3 152mm, 10x3 102mm, 18x3 76mm and 18 51mm guns, + 10 torpedo tubes for 533mm 53-56V torpedoes. 

Advanced fire control systems and latest generation radar allow just 2 of these ships to dismantle an US Battle group consisting of modern US Navy light and heavy cruisers, and even a battleship with ease. 

They are protected with up to 300mm of Krupp IV in the turrets, with a belt of 200mm. The 330mm guns have a maximum range of 27km . 

Default Screenshot 2020.01.18 - 15.01.39.40.png

Default Screenshot 2020.01.18 - 15.22.51.36.png

Default Screenshot 2020.01.18 - 15.22.45.40.png

• Like 4

I present the pride of the people's navy! This is Battleship Projekt 644, also known as the "Stalingradskaya". 

It serves as flagship of the Baltic Fleet, with its sistership, the "Sibirska" being under construction. She is armed with 3x3 457mm B-49 Guns, 15x3 152mm M-38, 10x3 130mm AK-130 and countless smaller caliber dual purpose 76,2 and 57mm rapid fire guns. All weapon systems are automatically loaded and connected to a state of the art Fire control and Radar System that permits tracking and engaging multiple sea and air targets simultaneously. 

"Stalingradskaya" has a displacement of 111.900 tonnes, however her internal reactor in addition to the Diesel powered auxiliary engines give her a maximum speed of 27 knots. Protection is up to 500mm of Krupp IV in the Turrets, 400 around the Belt and 152mm covering all decks. 

The 457mm B-49 Guns have a maximum range of 35km, firing two and a half ton shells each.

So far, the "Stalingradskaya" was intercepted in transit from the Pacific Construcion harbours to the Murmansk by a squadron of modern NATO Japanese cruisers and a fast battleship. 

They were eliminated with ease. The Ship was hit by two long lance torpedoes, one of which ruptured the port side fuel stowage compartments. After the engagement, the Battlecruisers Petropavlovsk and Perm were sent to tow the Battleship to Murmansk.

Happy designing comrades!

Default Screenshot 2020.01.19 - 18.30.13.79.png

• Like 2