Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and port bonuses

I'm member of a clan that has a fully upgraded port with all the ship bonuses. I got the DLC Rattvisan (and other DLC) and these DLC not take any of these port bonus !

It's that a joke that cost 33 Euro or a bug or what ????

I spent money for use a ship that can be sunk by any not DLC ship of the same rank with port bonuses just because i my DLC ship can't have port bonuses ?

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

1. The DLC ships do not get port bonuses at all.

2. The DLC ships are also the weakest in their class.

3. The only advantage the DLC ships have is that they can be redeemed anywhere.

If compromises are required the design is flawed :)

2 hours ago, Spaccavento said:

I spent money for use a ship that can be sunk by any not DLC ship of the same rank with port bonuses just because i my DLC ship can't have port bonuses ?

If your getting sunk it's not cause of the port bonus, DLC ships aren't meant to be the best of the best.  Your getting what you paid for:  Instant ships you can redeem every 24 hours for free.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If your getting sunk it's not cause of the port bonus, DLC ships aren't meant to be the best of the best.  Your getting what you paid for:  Instant ships you can redeem every 24 hours for free.

While this may be true and I agree that they should not be the best in class, but it is not going to do much for sales when it becomes widely known that they are the weakest in class and not worth the same price you pay for the entire game. So getting what you paid for, that is seriously debatable since many purchased the Hercules and then it was cut to ribbons in capabilities because a few people whined about it.

Just to put things in perspective.

Hercules - Side armor is half of the average of the 5th rates. (about 500 less in side armor then the next ship in the list). Even a Live Oak/White Oak will not even it out with the next in line.

Pandora - same firepower as a Renommee but has only 83% of the side armor and less speed and turn. The 2pd cannons are nearly worthless due to placement and unless shut off, will disrupt aiming of other cannons.

Rattvisan - the only odd ball of the bunch as it is not the weakest of its class (by 74 points) in side armor and is only slightly stronger than a Indefatigable on damage output.

Le Requin - the only other ship that is not the weakest of class by side armor but it does have other limitations but is still about the best of the DLC ships i have tested so far.

3 minutes ago, Raekur said:

While this may be true and I agree that they should not be the best in class, but it is not going to do much for sales when it becomes widely known that they are the weakest in class and not worth the same price you pay for the entire game. So getting what you paid for, that is seriously debatable since many purchased the Hercules and then it was cut to ribbons in capabilities because a few people whined about it.

Just to put things in perspective.

Hercules - Side armor is half of the average of the 5th rates. (about 500 less in side armor then the next ship in the list). Even a Live Oak/White Oak will not even it out with the next in line.

Pandora - same firepower as a Renommee but has only 83% of the side armor and less speed and turn. The 2pd cannons are nearly worthless due to placement and unless shut off, will disrupt aiming of other cannons.

Rattvisan - the only odd ball of the bunch as it is not the weakest of its class (by 74 points) in side armor and is only slightly stronger than a Indefatigable on damage output.

Le Requin - the only other ship that is not the weakest of class by side armor but it does have other limitations but is still about the best of the DLC ships i have tested so far.

Not trying to talk down to you, but every ship has a purpose and good/bad matchups. Pandoras are very mean when boarding many ships (such as a Le Requin) because it has 3 decks and the Hercules outfitted with carronnades can be a real headache for slower 5th rates. Plus it's 3 decks make it an excellent boarding vessel as well. The Le Req is honestly so powerful you can take on nearly any 5th rate with it because of its ability to mount mean-ass carronnades, its low profile that gives enemies nothing to shoot at and gives you the perfect carronnade shots below their waterline, and its stupid high crew count.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raekur said:

1. The DLC ships do not get port bonuses at all.

2. The DLC ships are also the weakest in their class.

3. The only advantage the DLC ships have is that they can be redeemed anywhere.

The DLC ships really are not the weakest in their class....

I want to thanks the admins for move this post on the Suggestion forum, mean maybe a day they will release a patch for fix that ( I hope )
I want also to remind the topic of this post: it's about the port bonuses and the DLC ship. For talk about how powerful or weak are the DLC ships there are other specific topics.
In the game every ship, crafted or DLC, can have random buff like "Very  fast" or "Sturdy" or so. And every crafted or DLC can be in quality blue, purple or gold. 
But only the crafted ships can have the port bonuses while the DLC no.
Maybe the devs forgot this thing ?
I hope they will fix it soon 

On 7/9/2019 at 5:40 PM, Spaccavento said:

I'm member of a clan that has a fully upgraded port with all the ship bonuses. I got the DLC Rattvisan (and other DLC) and these DLC not take any of these port bonus !

we are reviewing this
DLC ships should be a valid working option - not an "I lose option"

Pass along to other owners and concerned citizens of the Caribbean.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, admin said:

we are reviewing this

Just give us choice for instant redeem or a blueprint (permit) to be crafted but with much longer cool down. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 6

please consider the unmatched benefit DLC ships have of being redeemable, every day, in any wood, in any outpost anywhere on the map.
If port bonuses are added to this then DLC ships will become the absolute dominate and pay2win for PB's and OW combat. (ESPECIALLY shallow water)

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 8

On 7/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Spaccavento said:

Since you can redeem it every 24h its more den Balanced!!!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, admin said:

we are reviewing this

Leave the DLC with 24 hour cool down, but allow those with the DLC to have the BP's for the ships so that if we want to craft them we can do so.  Maybe as @AeRoTR mentions below give two options to redeem.  SHIP NOTE with 24 cool down that can be redeem any where at any time or a permit for crafting a ship, but the permit is something like a 48 hour cool down.  If you pick one you can't do the other until the cool down is done.   This will still limit the crafted ones to every few days.  Hell I'll be fine with a once a week cool down on getting a permit to craft one.

15 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Just give us choice for instant redeem or a blueprint to be crafted but with much longer cool down. 

As above do it with a permit to craft (you get the BP with buying the DLC).  Instant note every 24 hours, permit every 48+ hours an you can't do either until the last cool down expires.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

we are reviewing this

You have got to be kidding

I own Herc and LeReq

If money is the issue, I’d rather finance new ships via a public Kickstarter with stretch goals for different ships that would then be available to all in game as regular crafted ships instead of exclusive DLC ships. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

we are reviewing this

Um, just no. DLC does not have to become P2W with port bonuses. They are supposed to be a convenience. Hercs and La Reqs already rule small ship battles still...and that's without port bonuses. They already make low rate pvp zones suck for ppl without DLC and anyone without a port bonus ship.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

Um, just no. DLC does not have to become P2W with port bonuses. They are supposed to be a convenience. Hercs and La Reqs already rule small ship battles still...and that's without port bonuses. They already make low rate pvp zones suck for ppl without DLC and anyone without a port bonus ship.

I still dont see how the herc 'rule' the small ship battles. Against maybe 6th and 7th rates maybe, but put against anything other than a Cerb and the herc will lose. Granted this is going straight by the stats of the ships since operator skill can not be factored in and should not be included in the comparison. A herc with live oak / white oak still has a weaker side armor than any other 5th rate vessel.

9 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I still dont see how the herc 'rule' the small ship battles. Against maybe 6th and 7th rates maybe, but put against anything other than a Cerb and the herc will lose. Granted this is going straight by the stats of the ships since operator skill can not be factored in and should not be included in the comparison. A herc with live oak / white oak still has a weaker side armor than any other 5th rate vessel.

carronades, 3 gun decks, and 4 bow chasers. It can be a beast

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Raekur said:

If your making your Hercs Lo/Wo than your doing it wrong.  For shallow  water PB you only want WO/WO or Teak/WO.....it's all about HP's not armor as every thing pens under 250m.  You don't want tanked out Herc cause than yoru loosing what makes it good as a raider.  You want speed and agility.   I'm pretty sure not a single Herc raiding traders is LO/Wo....nor are the Pandora's or LRQ's.  These ships aren't the brawlers of there class.  They are raider ships.

• Like 2

A herc with zero permanent upgrades and minimal books can compete with port bonus surprises as long as you aren't a retard. The ratt is a situational ship not great but not bad best used as an ai grinder, you wanna add port bonuses to these ships because people suck ass when they dont have top notch upgrades and books? fine. just dont bitch in 2 months when the same people whine about desperate need for "re-balance".

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 9