Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and port bonuses

1 hour ago, van der Clam said:

Um, just no. DLC does not have to become P2W with port bonuses. They are supposed to be a convenience. Hercs and La Reqs already rule small ship battles still...and that's without port bonuses. They already make low rate pvp zones suck for ppl without DLC and anyone without a port bonus ship.

agreed.

Someone please tell me why no one uses any 6h or 5th rate apart from the Herc and Requin in  deep water port battles?

It's certainly not because they  don't have port bonuses 🤔.

• Like 4

let's just remove damn DLC ships and give a DLC for an extra tow every day. That's basically what you are getting Maybe in order to stop people from wanting refunds, just add the ability to redeem either the dlc ship or a tow once per day. Honestly I don't think the DLC ships are OP but it's just another thing for people to bitch about...I kind of wish the devs would've just monetized cosmetics and metagame perks like tows, extra slots, I think  a lot of people would pay a small amount many times for paints, sails, cosmetic upgrades captured ports for clans, I'm not going to ever buy the flag or paint DLC but I would likely buy one or two here and there, especially if they are limited in quantity or unique. Other monetized cosmetic and meta options include:

- Port cosmetics that a clan can purchase and use on captured ports;

- sail colors;

- sea shanty/bells/whistles you can use during a fight to rib your enemy;

- semaphore flags (maybe used as clan standards, can spell out a clan name)

-  name tags on back of ship (ability to rename ships);

I'm sure many have been suggested before but it just seems like a better way to me and will hopefully stop some of the complaining (although they will prob find something else to complain about).

• Like 3

DLC ships are still way more useful and versatile than crafted ships because you can get one for free every 24 hours in any port you want in any woods you want. Thats mindbogglingly powerful. And you want them to be just as good as the crafted ships that players have to grind for hours and hours to get? To build the resource buildings, set up the shipyard, upgrade the shipyard, collect and transport the mats, and wait for more labor hours?

That would be hilariously unfair and pay to win.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Koveras said:

A disclaimer on the DLC info page that informs potential buyers that the ship will not get port bonus' nor be competitive against ships with port bonus' would lessen the amount of unsatisfied customers.

It's best not to add more things to the page, you get exactly what they tell you that you will get.  By adding more info it makes it harder for them to balance things cause folks will cry, "YOU CHANGED IT."

Why would you get port bonus for something you didn't build?  Lets just put it this way, it's crafted in your capital and than shipped to where you want it.....there no port bonus since it's from the Admiralty.

• Like 2

The only real plus to the DLC ships is as Stalememes said, you can redeem them in any port. That is it. You can say "with the proper upgrades" this and that and all you're doing is adding variables. Any ship can be a "beast' with the proper upgrades, but apply the same upgrades on a crafted ship and it will beat a herc. So the end result is that the DLC's are good for fast response ships without having to use a tow to get a ship to a particular port. And even then, chances are you will be stuck using medium guns as most of the DLC ships are viewed as throwaways to respond or harass someone who has entered your nations waters.

• Like 1

at the moment they are all the same.

perhaps a rng random port bonus would be nice (redeemed in port bonus port)

just to give a little  twist and  make them all  different. 

after all they are being built in a port bonus port ( or, if  not ,no pb bonus)

it would be a nice feature.. for the dlc 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Koveras said:

A disclaimer on the DLC info page that informs potential buyers that the ship will not get port bonus' nor be competitive against ships with port bonus' would lessen the amount of unsatisfied customers.

Since they you get them every 24h, they are Still more worth

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raekur said:

The only real plus to the DLC ships is as Stalememes said, you can redeem them in any port. That is it. You can say "with the proper upgrades" this and that and all you're doing is adding variables. Any ship can be a "beast' with the proper upgrades, but apply the same upgrades on a crafted ship and it will beat a herc. So the end result is that the DLC's are good for fast response ships without having to use a tow to get a ship to a particular port. And even then, chances are you will be stuck using medium guns as most of the DLC ships are viewed as throwaways to respond or harass someone who has entered your nations waters.

Sounds balanced to me.

Short of buying the Herc and Requin, the other DLC ships I think are really not worth the price they are asking for it. $40 for the Ratt?, a ship that will get squashed by over 60% of the other ships in its class (without bonuses). The only reason to get it would be to have a fast response 4th rate, and even then it is a hard push.

16 hours ago, admin said:

we are reviewing this
DLC ships should be a valid working option - not an "I lose option"

Pass along to other owners and concerned citizens of the Caribbean.

giphy.gif

Ну наконец-то отписались

On 7/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, Raekur said:

1. The DLC ships do not get port bonuses at all.

2. The DLC ships are also the weakest in their class.

3. The only advantage the DLC ships have is that they can be redeemed anywhere.

1. no they don't, otherwise pay-to-win (or pay--much-more-to-have-fun) will apply 

2. disagree. they are with strengths and weaknesses, some are in their own class

3. a big advantage, btw

This is what they call trade-off. The game needs more of trade-off to remain complex and interesting. 

Edited by Stilgar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

But people are always complaining about trade-offs. Constitution is more tanky than a 3rd rate, but they want more speed and turn rate for her. 

isnt the constitution 15100 vs the 3rd rate at 15000? And the constitution has 2823 damage output vs 3rd rate's 4169. Turn rate is 2.2 vs 2.2 

Still wonder why they are asking for the Constitution to be tweeked a little. It is a 3rd rate ship that has about half the firepower of any other 3rd rate.

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Constitution is a frigate, it does not belong under 3rd rate classification.

Wrong, rate in NA is defined by broadside weight. Indefa und conni belong into  4th and 3rd.

Then again, it doesnt matter anyway. BR is waht counts not the rate. Rate is irrelevant besides the killmissions, tameplay wise

15 minutes ago, Meraun said:

Wrong, rate in NA is defined by broadside weight. Indefa und conni belong into  4th and 3rd.

Then again, it doesnt matter anyway. BR is waht counts not the rate. Rate is irrelevant besides the killmissions, tameplay wise

Aggie has higher broadside weight than the connie with longs. Trinc has almost the same weight with carros. Indef has higher broadside weight than a 3rd rate with carros.
Aggie, Trinc, and Indef are all 3rd rates as defined in NA according to your logic.

Edited by Slim McSauce

19 hours ago, Thonys said:

at the moment they are all the same.

perhaps a rng random port bonus would be nice (redeemed in port bonus port)

just to give a little  twist and  make them all  different. 

after all they are being built in a port bonus port ( or, if  not ,no pb bonus)

it would be a nice feature.. for the dlc 

Thought of a way to do this too.  You always get a 3/5 ship no matter what with chance for the trait.  What you are also chancing is instead of 4/5 or 5/5 ships those two slots have a chance to get a random port bounce or two and the level is random too.   That would be the only way I think it would be fair to have notes get port bonus too.  Other wise the ship needs to be crafted.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Spaccavento said:

I'm member of a clan that has a fully upgraded port with all the ship bonuses. I got the DLC Rattvisan (and other DLC) and these DLC not take any of these port bonus !

It's that a joke that cost 33 Euro or a bug or what ????

I spent money for use a ship that can be sunk by any not DLC ship of the same rank with port bonuses just because i my DLC ship can't have port bonuses ?

Are you troll?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tomsk said:

Are you troll?

No, my baby.

I'm not troll.
 I'm a guy who play this game since the alpha and i have more than 1200 hours in this game.
Now i don't more have time to grind to the top rank or for collect enough reals for buy a decent 4th rate ship with all port bonuses.
So i bought a 4th rate DLC ship for have the chance to have some nice fights and i realised that is not possible because the dlc ships don't take the port bonuses and they always will suck.
Understood ?

On 7/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, admin said:

we are reviewing this
DLC ships should be a valid working option - not an "I lose option"

Pass along to other owners and concerned citizens of the Caribbean.

allow DLC ships to get bonuses for some reals or doublons

On 7/12/2019 at 1:08 AM, Mascarino said:

It's called trade-off

Actually no it isn't. The Constitution (and what is now called the USS United States) were originally 4th rate ships that were "Promoted" to 3rd rate for some undisclosed reason that still baffles some players. The Constitution is a wonderful ship if you know manual sailing well. She only has about 2800 points of damage output on a broadside which places her weaker than all but one 4th rate. So a few still feel that she should have remained a 4th rate as she was the trade off of reduced damage to having more damage absorption. So if she was still a 4th rate then yes you could call it a trade off, but since she was reclassified as a 3rd rate with little adjustment to put her on equal level with other 3rd rates then no, it was not a trade off, it was a way to reduce the amount of usage of the vessel since for 90 more BR you can get a ship that has as much side armor and twice the firepower.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Actually no it isn't. The Constitution (and what is now called the USS United States) were originally 4th rate ships that were "Promoted" to 3rd rate for some undisclosed reason that still baffles some players. The Constitution is a wonderful ship if you know manual sailing well. She only has about 2800 points of damage output on a broadside which places her weaker than all but one 4th rate. So a few still feel that she should have remained a 4th rate as she was the trade off of reduced damage to having more damage absorption. So if she was still a 4th rate then yes you could call it a trade off, but since she was reclassified as a 3rd rate with little adjustment to put her on equal level with other 3rd rates then no, it was not a trade off, it was a way to reduce the amount of usage of the vessel since for 90 more BR you can get a ship that has as much side armor and twice the firepower.

I'm pretty sure that moving the connie to 3rd rate was just a stealth nerf on her upgrades and books lol

1 hour ago, StaleMemes said:

I'm pretty sure that moving the connie to 3rd rate was just a stealth nerf on her upgrades and books lol

Well before the 'promotion' players were using a mix of 4th rates. Some liked the Agamemmnon, while others were using the Wasa, Constitution, or Indefatigable. It slowly narrowed down a little between the Aggy, Connie, and Wasa. After a short period of time the Connie was moved to 3rd rate because very few were actually using 3rd rates and instead sailing around in 1st rates. A short time afterward the wasa was promoted and some juggling of BR was done that had some players guessing for a short time. (Keep in mind that this whole process was taking place when the side armor was about half of what it is now). The connie was/is a ship that you either hate or absolutely love, i have not seem much of a middle ground.  So if I had to guess the reason for the promotions of the connie and wasa was just because the wanted a couple more lineships and fewer heavy frigates. What they got was players using the aggy mostly, ignoring the connie, and a split between the wasa and 3rd rate (on the rare occasion that someone wanted to sail around in a 3rd rate vessel.

Well I guess we got our answer today. Random bonuses for DLC Ships, can now be better than what our nation can produce at our best ports. Haven't seen an all 4's yet, but probs will soon enough.

At least cap it to 3 bonuses max level 2 if you're going to go this route.

Better yet, make it so if you want bonuses you have to redeem at a bonus port. No DLC ship should be better than what a nation can theoretically produce.

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 1