Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and port bonuses

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, admin said:

we are reviewing this
DLC ships should be a valid working option - not an "I lose option"

Pass along to other owners and concerned citizens of the Caribbean.

Just give DLC owners a choice of redeeming it as a ship note as we do now with no port bonuses, or as a permit, where we can build it with port bonuses.  Having said that, a Le Req 6th rate with port bonuses would be ridiculously OP.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, admin said:

we are reviewing this
DLC ships should be a valid working option - not an "I lose option"

so "no port bonuses" is an "i loose option" after all ... 

not complaining. this ended up being a game that forces clan membership, that's fine and i'm ok surviving on the outskirts of that. but then the distinction with dlc ships is kind of ... frivolous, for lack of a better word?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

so I just want to ask.

Why should I ever build a crafted 4th rate now, when i can get a Rattvisan DLC and it will be better and cost me nothing to make it? 

Because you can ... ? Oh....and because some of the models are really nice. So why not ?

lol for the clans bothering to invest, gather, move rare woods, invest in ports bonus to craft their frigates & 4th rates, while anyone paying twice the price for the same game gets a free pass  and focus on  1st rates production, weird move.  The whole game now will be crafting 1st rates only, as all the rest will be dlc.

Wrecker, Téméraire & Montanes DLC when now ? Then 3rd rates could rightfully rule the oceans thx to walletwarriors ..

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 2

With allowing DLC ships to have Port Bonuses, this is gettting bloody ridicoulos.

Brace of Rattvisans spam incoming.

Will You at least remove the Doubloons cost from Agamemnon then? 
So I don't have to spend 20.000 Doubloons a week to have a 4th rate to sink everyday if I don't have Rattv?

What's next?

Golden Canonballs with guaranteed penetration for 0.99$ per broadside?

Edited by OjK
  • Like 3

Long time ago I suggested to introduce two ways of redeeming DLCs. First way like it is now, redeem a note and choose the woods for free but get no bonus. Second way redeem a permit, all crafting resources including woods are necessary, but you get full port bunusses. This will work as long as DLC ships are not overpowered. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aster said:

Just flat stats wise the rattvisan is the worst 4th rate. Giving it random port bonuses does not make it op. Crafted ships are still flat better, and get controlled often better bonuses.

Yeah except you missed the part where you have to actually craft the ships out as well as own the ports with the bonuses while DLC ships merely need to be redeemed and scrapped until they hit 4 out of 5 port bonuses. Naval Action is pay2win and there's no shaking that no matter how you spin it, and it's hilarious because all it took was one guy to complain his DLC ship wasn't winning against crafted ships for the devs to change it. Proving once again that the gear you have matters more than the skill you possess.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

I bought the DLCs for 2 reasons:

- I don't like crafting and moving stuff around

- I like the DLC ships

I don't see why I should be penalized for this, the ships should have port bonuses, period, with the exception of 2 - hercules/xebec, these ships are simply broken.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raf Van Boom said:

- I like the DLC ships

I don't see why I should be penalized for this, the ships should have port bonuses, period, with the exception of 2 - hercules/xebec, these ships are simply broken.

It's not your fault, you aren't making the game, but a few things

Buy ships on market, but because DLC now exist there is less demand for ships on market.

- I like the DLC ships

I do too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

so I just want to ask.

Why should I ever build a crafted 4th rate now, when i can get a Rattvisan DLC and it will be better and cost me nothing to make it? 

The question here is: If you buy a Rättvisan note for 300 cm from admiralty, will it get port boni, too ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raf Van Boom said:

So who cares if there is less demand? Crafted ships are generally better than DLC ships, there will always be demand for better ships.

Because the problem you describe with "not wanting to craft ships" is to buy your ships from other players.
Instead of fixing whatever economy issue there was gamelabs sold out like a bunch of cowards.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 hour ago, Raf Van Boom said:

- I like the DLC ships

You never were penalized; you were rewarded with a 1-click insta-ship in any wood combo you want. Why should you be double-rewarded for also getting the hard to craft, time consuming building upgraded, port bonuses also?

So who cares if there is less demand? Crafted ships are generally better than DLC ships, there will always be demand for better ships.

People who craft ships care. And a Herculese has more guns, better sailing profile, more bow chasers, can hold more of the highest caliber carronades than almost all regular ships of the same size (Only the Surprise is better at gun loadout, but since no mods work for its masts it is completely useless), and the La Req has the all the same plus more crew. And both are redeemable in an instant.

How much more double and triple and quintuple reward do DLC have to be? It's insane. DLC should never be anything but a convenience, not a p2w.

Edited by van der Clam
  • Like 5

It's not a hello kittying reward if you have to pay for it, is it now? I will reward you the Brooklyn bridge if you give me a couple of mil, how is that?

Don't pay for the DLC and then see what the reward is for not being able to 1-click an insta-ship. Yes, it is a reward. And your analogy is just silly. No one forced you to buy the DLC.

• Like 1

The biggest issue I have is that the DLC ships can be redeemed anywhere and get the bonuses with any woods, whilst crafted ships have to be sailed out from the port or get towed if you want bonuses.

Easiest solution IMO is to give the ship the bonuses of the port you redeem it in. Want to get a Ratt now? Then you have no bonuses. If that is an issue, then use your tow or sail it from the crafting ports like everyone else has to.

• Like 1