Game-Labs Forum

clan WO and VCO cheating

All members of WO and VCO should be banned for cheating!  Continuing to use the ports of Saint Marys and San Augustin Mateo is cheating.  That is self-evident.  Admin's attempt to change the definition of cheating is lame and completely inappropriate.  I would ask if he wants his game to be the poster-child of the coming regulation attempts on the game industry.  Pay to win is bad but condoning cheating and favoring cheaters is a whole order of magnitude worse.

Edited by Greysteak
corrected port name
  • Like 4

I, Dread Pirate CheekyBreeky of VCO, being accused in cheating without evidences and NOT in Tribunal section for the 2nd time, demand this person to apologize or get his ability to post on forums taken away!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

I, Dread Pirate CheekyBreeky of VCO, being accused in cheating without evidences and NOT in Tribunal section for the 2nd time, demand this person to apologize or get his ability to post on forums taken away!

You are in the tribunal.  And you are a cheater.  You are without honor and I will not apologize.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

You are in the tribunal.  And you are a cheater.  You are without honor and I will not apologize.

Dude...  How old are you?

And why are you getting so worked up over a damn video game??  (Especially one that isn't even released yet??)

What is weird is that we all know this is an unforeseen mechanic. We all know Admin said this is currently a usable mechanic until it is patched out. You'd think people would stop using this mechanic and try to start playing the game as it was intended to test that. But nope.

The history of Patch 31

Admin (via patch post): You can only take hostility for Regional Capitals within reach of Freeports or Regional Capitals; only then can you take the small ports.
Server population doubles
EA Play/Tester 1: Let's see if we can get around this with alts.
EA Play/tester 2: So-and-so is cheating with an exploit and should return the port to us.
EA Play/Tester 1: I'm just testing and no I won't return it.
EA Play/tester 2: It's cheating and you should be banned.
EA Play/tester 1: If it's in the game it's fine until Admin says otherwise.
3 day wait for admin response.
Admin: It's not cheating. It is unintended legacy mechanic and will be patched out asap.
EA Play/Tester 2 becomes Hyper-offended Player
Hyper-offended player: So-and-so is cheating with an exploit and should return the port to us.
EA Play/Tester 1 becomes Legacy Mechanic User
Legacy Mechanic User: Admin said it's fine so I will keep using it and not return the ports.
Hyper-offended player: But it's still not cool and will be removed.
Legacy Mechanic User: It's just pixels and will be wiped anyway.
Hyper-offended player: If it's just pixels, then why keep using the same "mechanic" to gain pixel ports?
Legacy Mechanic User: Because it's fun to piss on the community.
The rest of the server plays game as intended.
Server population decreases 60%
Legacy Mechanic User complains on social media that the game is dead and it's the dev's fault, while the rest of the players remember the real reason why.

lul

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Hear him! 

I, The Most Dread Pirate William  Death, VCO Officer, Captain of the BLACK Flag, Admiral of the Fleet, Piratical Tactician, Master Duelist, Feared Hunter, Flipper of Ports at Very Late Times, loser of Surprises to LGVs, etc., also being accused of cheating without evidence outside of the Tribunal for the 2nd time (at least), do hereby request and require an apology from the accuser. I would also like to request they be warned about continuing to make accusations that ruin the reputation of good captains. 

Truly though, get over it. We used legitimate mechanics to take the port. We recognized that maybe those mechanics shouldn't be available to use in the future. Especially post-release. We reported those mechanics and put it in hands of developers. Developers again confirmed it is a legitimate mechanic and they even patched it right away.

You don't like this. You're entitled to an opinion. Your opinion that it is cheating is wrong, devs have said it is wrong, and you refuse to accept it. Seems like a "you" problem, not my problem :).

• Like 2