Game-Labs Forum

clan WO and VCO cheating

2 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

New topic? Wait... nvm.

Also, WO doesn't even own San Agustin... yet. At least use the correct port names.

They have internalized their defeat. Gooodddd.

Say it with me, I am sorry for constantly crying in tribunal and calling you cheaters.

You are sitting on the forums, adopting this woe is me mentality and spamming everyday multiple times false accusations against 2 seperate clans. Never ONCE has the US nation attempted to attack. The posts have grated on everyones patience so much that all sympathy the nation had was squandered.

The other thing is this assumption that the nation is being unfairly picked on and would normally be exceptionally safe. It is only 2 jumps out of a free port till you are breaching the capitals of the east coast.

The last thing is we were forced into this situation not by the United States, but rather by the game. SA has been our capital for the last year for our clan, that means the work that went into retaking the port and ship losses was FAR less then the required work to move the assests out of the port. Even today after taking the port I have 6 boats that have been just rotting in the port.

If there is a full assest wipe as well as saved ports or during release will be the ONLY time the frontline mechanic can be properly tested. You have to see what the buzz coming out of Shroud will be like, people wont be able to have line ships pre posted in various docks in free ports to allow nations to just super rapidly take multiple ports. People will have to level up as well as just do these various things in smaller boats. Last but not least, you wont have mad dashes where nations just cap out ports in the first week of the patch and replace entire fleets.

The overall salt while fun is being spammed to much on various posts, lets just create a US salt thread, and keep it contained since you cannot seem to grasp this is still testing AS WELL AS not a realistic outlook on what the game will be atm. When release happens (i cant speak for the other damaged party in this VCO) I know WO will have to secure our ship building, do missions and level up to use boats meaning yes the East  Coast MIGHT be safer for a time. That still doesnt mean that especially with diplomacy to get possible port swap, you cant conquer up to Sav in less then a weeks time with only doing a single PB a day.

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

No one named in this Tribunal post has used a legacy mechanic beyond the initial testing and port acquisition. So your entire premise is DOA. Perhaps you may want to reassess your attitude here?

Why exactly should we "return" a port (they were ours already) that was acquired by something other than "cheating," as we've already established, and for which will be wiped upon release anyway? How exactly has the community been "hurt" by these actions beyond the content being provided to those players on both sides who should be happy that there's PvP being generated?  Seriously. This is the War server, we are here to get fights, generate RvR, and test mechanics while providing feedback to the developers. We are testers, period. We are not here to play a final, released game. Get over yourselves.

actually its pretty damn accurate legacy mechanic is once the exploit or unintended legacy mechanic was found and not quickly patched out its been getting abused by many nations and clans as part of "TESTING" is a bit of a stretch as we all know it has not been patched yet so its being abused rather then tested. if we so called testers are testing the game we know the mechanic wasnt intended so that part of the testing phase is done no need to use it further. as for player population it is likely to decrease as an exploitable mechanic is being abused to acquire ports by using alts to pull hostility or to use other nations to start hostilites for another nation.

whats to stop these players from abusing new found exploits when the game releases if the behavior during testing isnt quickly rectified with a equal punishment for abusing the system.

2 hours ago, Msk said:

You are sitting on the forums, adopting this woe is me mentality and spamming everyday multiple times false accusations against 2 seperate clans. Never ONCE has the US nation attempted to attack. The posts have grated on everyones patience so much that all sympathy the nation had was squandered.

The other thing is this assumption that the nation is being unfairly picked on and would normally be exceptionally safe. It is only 2 jumps out of a free port till you are breaching the capitals of the east coast.

The last thing is we were forced into this situation not by the United States, but rather by the game. SA has been our capital for the last year for our clan, that means the work that went into retaking the port and ship losses was FAR less then the required work to move the assests out of the port. Even today after taking the port I have 6 boats that have been just rotting in the port.

If there is a full assest wipe as well as saved ports or during release will be the ONLY time the frontline mechanic can be properly tested. You have to see what the buzz coming out of Shroud will be like, people wont be able to have line ships pre posted in various docks in free ports to allow nations to just super rapidly take multiple ports. People will have to level up as well as just do these various things in smaller boats. Last but not least, you wont have mad dashes where nations just cap out ports in the first week of the patch and replace entire fleets.

The overall salt while fun is being spammed to much on various posts, lets just create a US salt thread, and keep it contained since you cannot seem to grasp this is still testing AS WELL AS not a realistic outlook on what the game will be atm. When release happens (i cant speak for the other damaged party in this VCO) I know WO will have to secure our ship building, do missions and level up to use boats meaning yes the East  Coast MIGHT be safer for a time. That still doesnt mean that especially with diplomacy to get possible port swap, you cant conquer up to Sav in less then a weeks time with only doing a single PB a day.

considering that with the map wipe and introduction of the frontline system your nation should never of had access or ability to take SA in the first place without owning a nearby capital that controls that port hostility missions.  the fact the devs let u keep it after clearly being taken using a old mechanic that was supposed to be removed when the frontline system was added in. was a mistake on the devs part.

not to mention that the frontline system should of been thoroughly tested on the test bed server prior to being added to live servers to weed out these kind of exploits and unintended legacy mechanics. 

2 hours ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

considering that with the map wipe and introduction of the frontline system your nation should never of had access or ability to take SA in the first place without owning a nearby capital that controls that port hostility missions.  the fact the devs let u keep it after clearly being taken using a old mechanic that was supposed to be removed when the frontline system was added in. was a mistake on the devs part.

not to mention that the frontline system should of been thoroughly tested on the test bed server prior to being added to live servers to weed out these kind of exploits and unintended legacy mechanics

It wasnt. Check, mate. The removal was announced right after we tested it out

• Like 1

This cheat result is the unbalance of the game, and this unbalance is durable, written in the code, unavoidable by game rules. Cheat would be removed, developers wrote that the known issues will be corrected ASAP (this means, we don't know when).

But whatever the wipe, whenever the wipe, there will always be a strong faction. We knew Brits + US at server merge, then SWE, now Russia. Whatever this faction will be next time, the strong faction is deemed to be stronger, the weak factions are deemed to be weaker, down to game over. This unbalance should be reversed if developers want game durability. It seems that this is not the plan.

We are, by now, at the game over point. We reached that point more rapidly, because of the cheat, but this is unavoidable that we would have reached it. Yesterday evening, a Russian squad camped in front of KPR. No one came to fight them. This is pointless. However, I tried to test a fight, with a useless Cerberus I got. I did not do the fight for win, or for fun, just for test.. According to Developers advices, my Cerberux was a oak/oak one, we all know that rare woods must be rare. My 32pd carronades did not penetrate the Wasa. At touching range, during boarding, I got “7 hull” from a broadside of 13 (50%), meaning that half bumped at touching range These hull shots got no impact on the side bar… 

By the way, the do not mean that VCO, WO, RED, NN or other clans having used exploits must be banned or punished. This kind of cheating is accepted atm.

Edited by Aquillas

while this is getting old ... by using the "legacy mechanic "   all that will happen is it will drive people from game ... you may think its funny  and enjoy the salt that it produces but ultimatly  its killing the game ... while some dont care ... im suprised the devs serm unconcerned ... i dont want anyone banned or punished just this  " legacy mechanic to be fixed " and until it is people to stop abusing it

7 hours ago, Doh said:

Game broken.

Community broken.

Many go play other games, tired to wait for progress.

Enjoy, thanks for letting us know this pertinent information in a tribunal thread. I feel like people have actually just switched off their brains when they come to the forums. They seem to be actively working to get themselves banned.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

On 5/10/2019 at 2:02 PM, Wraith said:

We are testers, period. We are not here to play a final, released game. Get over yourselves.

Beta game been on steam for purchase for 4-5 years now? We aren't testers man, we are the player base. Testers are the people who are allowed to play before the game is put out on public for sale. Don't believe me? Im a veteran Alpha Tester and am currently in Several tests. This is not a test stage game. This game is to most people of the gaming community simply an unfinished game. It's not truly a Beta anymore either. 

That aside I do love the game and shall continue playing it. Simply correcting someone for a false statement.. carry on.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

Why? Why is it killing the game?

I been playing this game as long or longer than you, I think.  Look at the history; if you have to ask why, that really is a large part of the problem.  But - are you truly asking why, or just looking for emotional responses?  Because those are two different things.

• Like 1

Just now, Wraith said:

No, articulate to me, beyond how fragile people must be, as we approach The Wipe to be moaning about having a few more opportunities for PvP and to get better?  I'd like you rationalize for me how the French and Pirates having a port on the East coast of the US is literally "killing the game?"  

Go.

It's just causing a rift in the player base, that's all I'm saying.  And it's an unpleasant game experience.  I don't like the moaning any more than you do, but enough of it does indicate negativism in the community and an underlying problem.  Neither the complaining nor the continued use of legacy mechanics are helping.  Seems like egos are the main problem IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:10 PM, --Privateer-- said:

Also, WO doesn't even own San Agustin... yet. At least use the correct port names.

Yes, my mistake.  The post was about San Mateo, not Augustin.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, Wraith said:

You are a whinging idiot, but we still forgive the mentally challenged.  I would ask that Admin gives you leniency and instead just turns Savannah to a Free Port for your pennance?

So.... A personal attack.  Not surprising.  Should I start another tribunal post?

On 5/10/2019 at 6:11 PM, William Death said:

Hear him! 

I, The Most Dread Pirate William  Death, VCO Officer, Captain of the BLACK Flag, Admiral of the Fleet, Piratical Tactician, Master Duelist, Feared Hunter, Flipper of Ports at Very Late Times, loser of Surprises to LGVs, etc., also being accused of cheating without evidence outside of the Tribunal for the 2nd time (at least), do hereby request and require an apology from the accuser. I would also like to request they be warned about continuing to make accusations that ruin the reputation of good captains. 

Truly though, get over it. We used legitimate mechanics to take the port. We recognized that maybe those mechanics shouldn't be available to use in the future. Especially post-release. We reported those mechanics and put it in hands of developers. Developers again confirmed it is a legitimate mechanic and they even patched it right away.

You don't like this. You're entitled to an opinion. Your opinion that it is cheating is wrong, devs have said it is wrong, and you refuse to accept it. Seems like a "you" problem, not my problem :).

Perhaps you were not paying attention.  First, the fact that you understand the obvious and plain evidence against you is apparent in your own reply.  And, secondly, this is not outside the tribunal.  I've done nothing to ruin the reputation of any "good" captain.

Telling me to get over it doesn't really help much at all.  I still don't like it. ☹️

On 5/10/2019 at 12:40 PM, Greysteak said:

All members of MONKS should be banned for cheating!  Continuing to use the port of Selam is cheating.  That is self-evident.  Admin's attempt to change the definition of cheating is lame and completely inappropriate.  I would ask if he wants his game to be the poster-child of the coming regulation attempts on the game industry.  Pay to win is bad but condoning cheating and favoring cheaters is a whole order of magnitude worse.

I Fixed it for you.

2000IQ.png?width=754&height=446

• Like 5

Yeah, ban em all so they can buy more copies of the game.  Tarkov Devs do it all the time. xP

But for real lets all just chill out its a bug and like everyone keeps pointing out the map will wipe soonish.  I mean I been waiting for this wipe for gods know how long....

Edited by Tristan Wolfe