Game-Labs Forum

Patch 31 - Port investments and shipbuilding bonuses feedback

On 4/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, admin said:

Permits will be updated next patch. Do not spend marks or VMs on permits meanwhile.

The following changes will be applied

• Only 10 ships will remain rare (we want them to be rare and precious), some performance stats for those vessels will be improved (especially rattles, niagara and constitution)
    • Santisima
    • Christian
    • Bellona
    • Constitution
    • Endymion
    •  Renommee
    • Rattlesnake
    • Rattlesnake heavy
    • Niagara
  • All other vessels will lose permit requirements and will be crafteable
  • Rare permits will be added to Gold and Silver chests so you can have a chance to earn them in PVE activities.
  • PvP Admiral chest and Captain chest will have a 100% drop chance for one of the rare permits
    • Admiral chest: line ships + 4th rates
    • Captain chest: lightships frigates + 4th rates
  • In addition to that (long overdue) the following ship notes will be added to the admiralty for combat medals for captains who wish to get those ships by in game means. (Prices are not final and might get adapted).
    • Rattvisan - 300 cm
    • L'Hermione - 200 cm
    • Hercules - 150 cm
    •  Le Requin - 150 cm

Is it added in this patch?

This will take some time to test.  I feel like you are putting an enormous amount of power into the hands of the clan leader who owns the port.  He can decide who will be ALLOWED to use the port advantages.  If there are personalities involved, that could turn out badly.  If there is a limit to his clan friend's list, that will cut people out as well.  When I have fought in PBs as a friendly clan, I have been removed from the list when the battle is over.  The quality of my gameplay will now be decided by another player and not the game's rules. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rediii said:

Will BR of ships change? As of now, 20k BR and 25k BR are pretty much the same. It's a difference of 21 1st rates + small stuff to fill or 25 1st rates atm.

edit: And with 1st rate I mean the Ocean

i hope a clan can change it. 

7 hours ago, admin said:

Captains please provide feedback on port investments, costs and shipbuilding bonuses in this topic.

I just now joined the forum (though I have been playing for about 1 year). I play exclusively in the Peace server.

Can you please explain the thinking behind how these changes will affect the Peace server? For example, on a different thread you mentioned that books and upgrades will be nerfed. I guess in the War server that's compensated by the new port ship upgrades.

What about the Peace server? Personally, I would love to see a similar port upgrade system for the Peace server, though not sure how it would work without port ownership.

Also, was it intentional that forts now attack the player if you're fighting a battle near a port (again, in the Peace server)?

• Like 1

I like the limits on the hostility but I think some free ports could use an extra hostility option.  How about a hostility link from Tombado to Salamanca?  And maybe another from Great Corn to Mantina or Old Providence?

Also, I remember an idea from someone, @admin perhaps, something about having a special global mission for the whole server to raise hostility at a certain (random?) port.  I think that would be a great way to add some variability to this hostility system.

My first feedback:

(-) RvR flow is meh : all a nation's rvr lies on the shoulders of the largest clan (this wipe its the one with the most unemployed guys) hability to conquer & hold capital regions. All other clans have to wait for that to happen to hope getting some crumbs. 

Once all pb are set there is nothing more to do appart waiting for the next day for the pb to happen.

Max br for capital regions can't be tested with that many nations able to field full ocean fleets from day one. Would love to test how it works to flip a regional capital with full pandora fleet (who will bother pay for a shipyard in nation capital to build another one later in captured bonus ports..)

(-) The whole port investment will make largest nation even more dominant, what will be the point in not joining britain or russian (or whatever will be the two most important nations?) That largest playerbase will field more 1st rate , to hold regions keypoints& screen any opposition,  will gather the more ressource, money, to get the strongest ship's bonus, etc...  How do you plan to encourage joining weaker nations (the 9 over 11 nations) appart exotism ?

(+) Frontline is made inexistant by the hability to take hostility missions from freetowns, but i think it's better than being stuck on a side of the map. 

(-) Hostility pve missions is still the worst, as a player of any enemy nation can either join your side & leave , letting you fight +1 ia, or join the neutral ia, while you can't enter with more than 10 players, the neutral side can reach more than that and that make it biased. moreover, if you are not enough to flip+screen, you are blind about the gank squads waiting for you to leave your instances, while they now exactly you are here doing hostility.

Bring back flag,  warsupplies or economy denial/  blocade / natural ow hostility raising.. watever, everything was more enjoyable than hostility missions.

• Like 4

freetowns should only work for impossible nations and only as long that nations owns no ports. neutral portbattles for impossible nations should have a limit of 2 (guess thats the same amount non hardcore nations can have without freetowns)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

freetowns should only work for impossible nations and only as long that nations owns no ports. neutral portbattles for impossible nations should have a limit of 2 (guess thats the same amount non hardcore nations can have without freetowns)

I fear currently if you do that some nations just get locked in a certain area.

If you take out freetown hostility for all nations except hardcore - sweden basically can't expand south or west without essentially knocking out the neighbors and killing them.

I like the freetown hostility opportunities - but this lattice system is way too limiting.

Isn't the "Capital Lock" enough to make chokepoints?

I think that "next county only" will make RvR very frustrating and pointless to some degree.

I like all the changes in this patch, beside this one, and the increas on Port BRs

On PvE, it will be great to have a port investments in ships building that would enable crafters to make purple and gold ships at a cost; say 2 extra permits per level, also clan/ports can invest in specialty upgrades or refits as well. For example cramped, sturdy, agile, to be included in a Cartegena hull refit for example. 

• Like 3

Just now, Shrez said:

AI is now even stronger after patch, my L'Ocean  got almost sunk by a Buc.

Remove shooting tower thx! 

I'm on PvE FYI

When we where doing hostility missions I was in a Victory with floating battery and max reload getting our DPS by an AI Victory.  I was using mediums, poods and 68 carros.  There was no way he should been out reloading and put damageing me.  Double ball should slow his reload down even if that was reason for doing more damage per broad side.  Seems they also have more HPs and are way faster than players.  Almost felt I was in an epic event that was toned down a bit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When we where doing hostility missions I was in a Victory with floating battery and max reload getting our DPS by an AI Victory.  I was using mediums, poods and 68 carros.  There was no way he should been out reloading and put damageing me.  Double ball should slow his reload down even if that was reason for doing more damage per broad side.  Seems they also have more HPs and are way faster than players.  Almost felt I was in an epic event that was toned down a bit.  

Ai got penetration buff to compensate their sailing skill nerf. you can now rake them but they can pen you 😉