Game-Labs Forum

Your first hour in NA

Hennessy

Do you remember your first hour in NA?

What did you do when you first sailed out into the unknown?

Me,I started in the frence nation and was so confussed why I could't shot at ai fleet in the open world.

And used maybe one hour to find my first combat mission outside Fort Royal.

Please share your story,would be fun to read.

• Like 1

Oh boy...

Selected Brit and Kingston start port.

Pressed M... nothing happened...thought to myself, well, need a map for the captain. Before community made some spectacular ones ( Siegfried's, Prater's, etc ) :) ... but was a good reason to explore.

Sailed out and went to explore the land. Passed the Port Royal sand bar and turned East... ended up Circumventing Jamaica island and returned to Kingston. Did not engage anything, was just enjoying the open world sailing.

( was old land model, travel speed, etc, so a lot different from today )

It never stopped since then... still going...still strong.

• Like 5

My first hour? Can't really remember wether it was my first hour or so.. but it was close to.. We got the reno for buying into the game and dumb as I was I fell in love with her looks and set out, 60 men on a reno.. It must've been a bit into the game because for a while I just looked at her just outside of the port, too afraid to set sails.. I remember I left and sailed past vieques, which was a freetown back then, and right into my first gank, I was on the receiving end of a pirate ganking squadron and I don't know why - I prob made so many mistakes that they thought to themselves "he's too much of a noob", cuz they let me leave.. when I reentered OW there were a giant danish fleet, half of them from the old RUS clan and the rest from the DANVE clan.. and quite honestly I helped keep the pirates tagged in the battle so the danish revenge fleet could kill them all.. Didn't even occur to me that they actually had just done me a favor - If I had lost the reno to a gank on my very first trip I might've stopped playing all together and yet I wasn't too shy to keep them in battle once I figured out what the danes ment by "keep them tagged!"..

It’s a great question. Not quite my first hour but here goes...

Getting over asking more experienced players what to do. Trying not to waste their time, or embarrassed to ask was does “o7” mean...?

Look on STEAM at some of the hour’s players have under their respective belts. It is astounding for an EA game. I’m 4k but many have more. What defines a newbie, not the first hour... below 200hours maybe? That’s more hours content probably than you have given to the majority of your steam games... take a look.

Major game memories usually come from major changes in the gameplay. This before your time was hilarious, but does reflect current arguments regarding final release dates. Rose tinted glasses...

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/20652-the-junkie-his-dealer…/

When I took part of my clan from PvE to PvP was my most memorable time. I had to re-think an awful lot of things. Also, to understand we actually had advantages over pure PvP clans. The game quite literally doubled in size of me.

Sail out into the Unknown...

First time I sailed to the pacific years ago. Then built a guide to show others a few months back. That was a real unknown sail and took hours...

Learning how to sink...

“GF, and what did I do wrong...” the most important phrase I ever learned in NA-OW

Norfolk

• Like 2

My first day in Naval Action was a lot of experience. 

I joined Spain with the name of CaptainSparkless and took my first cutter a d sailed away of La Habana to Corrientes . Then i meet one guy called Captain Pig , something like that , he gived me some money for a Frigate from the shop . I took some missions and killed them making xp for the second rank where i brought the Frigate . From that moment i started the action and made a lot of oline friends .

Edited by Fillip de Travesay
  • Like 1

I fought two fights, vs the first enemy ships I saw outside Fort-Royal. I sunk two times. I felt ashamed of the show and restarted the account... For the same result of course. New reset.

Then I got to look out for videos showing what to do. rambj saved me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

I remember my first pvp fight outside Fort Royal.

It was a huge ship with lots of guns,even rear guns,can you belive that.

After a good 30 min we manage to sink this monster of a ship.

Today we call it a brig.

i remember fight in arena mode before OW, the Brig was like a HUghe Ship to us back then.

• Like 1

Trying to understand that ugly blue UI ...

Then I found SAIL button and there was big battle vs French right in front of port with ships like Constitution ect. Holy Moly.

Ofc I thought it was French players, but it was just AI.

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Palatinose said:

"Why do you guys put an "x" in chat?"

"What does o7 mean?" 

"Enemy players here please help!.. Why does nobody help?" - "It's AI!"

"Man that sunset is beautiful!"

"Why am I a pirate ? I was a brit ?!... "

"you naughty naughty .... you did attack a friendly didn't ya !?"

:D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My first hour was looking at a grey-blueish screen

During my first hour I was waiting for a free slot on PvP1 server (~2000players) then joined PvP3 mirror and spent the rest of the hour looking also at a grey-blueish screen ^^

pirate start.

go through UI, take mission.

fight the wind and try to find mission.

find mission

shoot fish

shoot more fish

sink

repeat and kill that damn rookie brig

watch some videos on youtube about na battle fast forward

do another mission

capture brig

take another mission

fight mission

player join enemy and sink me

salt much!

later that day go to hostility in my brig to cayo romano with tons of pirates (at the time it looked massive to me 10-20 players)

do hostility and think it is players

spanish players kill every pirates after

next days were quite interesting as well haha good fun thinking back!

Edited by RKY
  • Like 2

Dont remember my first hour, but i remember my first PvP.

>Started in GB, ensign rank, bought a navy brig (Yes undercrewed), sailed out and got attacked by two players after a while, tried to run away, got sunk and they told me i shouldnt sail undercrewed ships :)