Game-Labs Forum

Your first hour in NA

Hennessy

With in my first hour I had completed a successful mission against a brig in my cutter... first mission, found it very difficult, and didn't know how to repair yet. Then I used the earnings from a few missions to purchase a Belle Poule, of which I was severely under crewing... played several 5th rate missions in it... and figured out that... oh I can repair my ship too! Yay, game on.... I made several other successful mission attempts, then decided it was time to go to the PVP server, I found out I had to start over, was a little bumbed about that. But I did it anyway and worked my way up the ranks on PVP server after that.

• Like 1

Joined the PVP server as a Pirate, started doing missions and got in a clan. Got my first light frigate after few hours playing and that's when it all happened. First gank I got, we both lost our ship (he couldn't recover his from sinking), went back to the outpost, got my Niagara and went out hunting for NPCs. Spent a few hours doing that and got attacked by a Spanish player. Managed to sink him and that was it, my first few hours of the game. Couple of weeks/months later, joined the US, got bored of PVP, went to PVE and that's where I remain till this day. Sometimes I jump on PVP to do some hunting and crafting, but nothing too serious. I gotta get back to that server more frequently.

• Like 1

I was wondering where all the "Sea Trials" grand action from the youtubes went.  Blue Screen of Confusion.  What is this "Open World" of which you speak.  Sail out of Charleston. Go South.  See french bots.  Go North.  See a battle.  Inside battle about 5 players were gang-raping a bot.  Can't shoot it without hitting them, so exit battle.  Back to Charleston.  Next logged in again about 6 months later.

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

I have no recollection of the first hr of NA.  There is nothing memorable in any of the endless stream of back to back battles of the early arena style. 

But ....

The first voyage in OW was astounding.  The excitement of leaving shore and venturing out into the unknown, surrounded by sea, will linger forever.  Thanks Devs, for long distance journeys and the risk of attack from enemy hunters.

• Like 2

I remember starting to grind the little ships in Sea Trials, I particularly remember the first time there was a Snow on the other team; Such a large and seemingly invincible ship that was! o.O

I got to grind my Brig by shooting at an unmanned santi, the owner didn't like storm battles so he simply said: "Here, shoot at this" and left the game.

Then, at the end of my first hour someone typed in chat:

"Duel, anyone?"

Then followed a period of intensive, concentrated, difficult and fun PvP training in rooms or in randoms. 

Then came OW...

I've had good moments in OW, even some fantastic experiences, but if I were to draw a pie chart with three sectors: fun, frustration and boredom, well...

<Raises glass> Here's to the hope the duel PZ brings! Here's to the dim but everlasting light of hope NA: Legends shines within my heart!

• Like 3

Sea trials did indeed give that shock and awe feeling, cannot deny that. Funny i was more interested on the sailing than the combat during a while. And always got that feeling... "why can't I sail beyond the horizon... !?.... "

Was a good testing ground. 

• Like 1

PvP1 full, 45 mins in queue? Nope, didn't want to wait, started on the PvE. Took a mission in the cutter , sailed to location, stood beyond the crossed swords for 10mins. Nothing happened. Sailed back, took another one. Same result. Finally found out, what to do...

Found my home later on PvP3.

Enjoying NA ever since (with some ups and downs of course). I still get the same feeling I had on day nr. 1, when leaving port, the sails going up...

Edited by Archer11
  • Like 1

I had a couple of "first hours."

Before it was the OW game we know and just a lobby system, my first hour was struggling to kill other players in cutters.

OW NA:

I joined PvP2 because PvP1 was full, selected the US nation. I sailed around for a bit and thought it was cool. Saw another US player and noticed I could attack them, without thinking further I was in a battle and ran away. After I left people were yelling in global about a pirate near charleston...after a few minutes of sailing around i noticed I had become pirate. WOOPS.

deleted that character and started anew, got bored. came back a week later and created another new character in Sweden and so the rest is history.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My first hours was in the Sea trials. I dont remember any of my fights with the cutter. But i remember the first with the Lynx. Such a different ship and how flexible.

I was unemployed at the time and studying, and had lots of time. I and another guy competed with the aim to be the first players to get the BIG ships. I think i got to the third rate first. He beat me and reached the Victory first with me as second the day after or so.

Oh, those were nice times.

• Like 2