Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?

Reinforcment Zones - Yay or Nay?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the current Reinforcment Zones in unconquerable regions?

• Yes - Leave it as it is
    • No - Remove completely
    • Reduce the zone range
    • Change reinforcment-fleet size
    • Remove Reinforcments, add auto-signaling rules for unconquerable regions, battle stays open until defenders reached 1.5x BR
    • Other - Comment below

Trying to get some player opinions regarding the current unconquerable reinforcment safezone. The current implemention fully fulfills its function by stopping ganks onto newbs and gives them a place to recover and level up, but at the same times also kills off most of the "good" PvP.

This is not an official poll or anything, just trying to get some opinions.

Edited by Liq

The Swedish and Danish reinforcement zones almost overlap...

And as attacker it appears you can't see if you've entered another nation's reinforcement zones. Meaning that you may think you're far enough away from high sec zones, but you're not and you loose your ship.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

The Swedish and Danish reinforcement zones almost overlap...

And as attacker it appears you can't see if you've entered another nation's reinforcement zones. Meaning that you may think you're far enough away from high sec zones, but you're not and you loose your ship.

You cannot see the region on you screen? 

Just now, Robert said:

You cannot see the region on you screen? 

You can see what region you are in. But the reinforcement zones also apply even if your screen says you are in a neighbouring region to the capital region. Danmark has reinforcements in half of Virgin Isles region, Sweden has reinforcements in almost all of Boevenwinds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Reinforments should be only noob protection - untill you reach certain character lvl.

Yes I do agree certain ranks should only get reinforcements because wheres the fun in doing missions all day in a 1st rate without risk? I also believe the BR for ship that get reinforcements is totally messed up such as if I try to attack a Surprise in a Trincomalee I will have the higher BR which results in the player getting 1st rates to back him up? There is a PVE server for a reason and they are only making pvp less enjoyable. They have increased the amount of reward from missions as well so let's say a player does 10 missions which is EASILY accomplished then he gets ganked, he can buy multiple ships while learning something from the gank such as how to avoid it happening again.

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

You can see what region you are in. But the reinforcement zones also apply even if your screen says you are in a neighbouring region to the capital region. Danmark has reinforcements in half of  Virgin Isles region, Sweden has reinforcements in almost all of Boevenwinds.

Are you saying that neutral/capturable ports are in the reinforcement zones?

Road Town/Spanish Town/The Settlement

Oranjestad/Fort Baal/Marigot/ Philipsburg

image.jpeg.99608b18e9d2643d33cbdfa68834d521.jpeg aBqrP1Tm.png

Leave the reinforcement zones as is. We need more players in the game, meaning new players and casuals so the players should be able to choose their type of activity on their own terms and not just be there to enjoy others...

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robert said:

Are you saying that neutral/capturable ports are in the reinforcement zones?

Road Town/Spanish Town/The Settlement

Oranjestad/Fort Baal/Marigot/ Philipsburg

That's what I'm saying, yes. 

For Danes: Road Town, Coral Bay, Amalienborg. Also Vieques and Spanish Town are so close you can sail invulnerable from the port and into the zone.

For Swedes: Phillipsburg, Marigot, Fort Baai, Oranjestad, Basseterre Town. And I suspect also Codrington, Charlestown, Sandy Hill are inside the zone or barely outside it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Safezone is fine to a certain point after that a player should have to leave the zone to go forward into his / her progession. But yeah i am just a lion and tired of sitting in the tree.

If you say you are a lion, you should not care about the reinforcement zones...

Should they be forced to leave the safe zones? Is that because you want them to?

You should stay in the reinforcement zones and do combat missions. Why? Because somebody else says so.

Based on that mentality lets all dictate how everyone else should be playing their game.

At the moment the game is dictating me not to play the game because there is nothing to do beside missions and rvr (and I dont care about both). The game always forced you to do certain things. I just want that all ways become valid.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rediii said:

- too big

- no incentives to leave safezone

I think that's the things that are wrong. Give players nice incentives to leave safezone and make it smaller (too big for sweden and denmark)

This.

There is no real reason to EVER leave the safe zone.

• Like 1

They should keep the safe zones as they are, but they should give incentives to leave the zones. They should also make it that only missions up to a certain rank give xp, gold and loot in the safe zones, all higher rank missions should give nothing and should only be there for training and practice. They should also reduce what is produced in the safe zone ports so you cannot build better quality ships just from what you can obtain in the safe zone.

• Like 1

@everyone in here, thanks for the input. Good and valid points have been brought up. Overall I agree that there needs to be some sort of a safe zone to allow recovery; but then there also need to be reasons for players to leave their home waters.
Personally, I liked the pvp event zones a lot.

Or maybe those times are gone and the game is now in Full-RvR-Mode, with little to no room for solo / smaller group players. Let's see what Arena brings, hopefully soonTM.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Reinforments should be only noob protection - untill you reach certain character lvl.

I agree but when I know rear admiral's who still can't manual sail or get out of irons in 4th rates then it's hard to define people by rank 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

There is reinforcement zones in NA again? 

lol

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Yes they are Tommy, dont come back because you will only get frustrated.

56 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

What a bunch of bollocks. 

How sad it is to see a once great PvP Game turned into a silly PvE game again. 

The majority of "RvR" players just want to grind money in a safe environment (PvE) untill they have 25x First Rates and then they want to go do a Port Battle. 

Just so I understand, let's summarize, so you are a tester that have left the  once great PvP game a while ago and just came back to forums to criticize the latest patch?

Keep them but the attacker needs to know they are in it to... 2 of us hit a trader we spotted FAR south of Front Royal a couple nights ago,,.. on both our screens it said we were in the County south of Front Royal.. but as soon as the battle started.. Poof 4 1st Rates appeared.... When we left battle it still said were were NOT in Front Royal