Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

43 minutes ago, admin said:

now we need to increase iron supply a bit and maybe add more options for ships-for-combat marks.

That would be pretty awesome.

Again, it's not hard evidence, but I have seen more players willing to use their ships in pvp and i am getting 2016 vibes again and I love it.

Thanks admin

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Inflation did not crash the game. Bullshit statement. And it won't crash it now. because its a game and you don't see half of the systems.

Rewards were 2.5 higher in 2016 than there are now and there were multiple durability ships. Ratings were higher (70%) and dropped to 50 after inflation cutting patch. I honestly i don't give a **** about anything else except about making the main audience happy. So if players want money and easier access to ships so be it. Its still 2.5X below old levels. 

I dont see how these comparisons are helpful. Lots of things changed, ships dont sink that often anymore for example. In the last PB i saw, less than 10 ships sank out of total 50, probably repair fitted, ships. Capturable ships now are reducing ship value. Crew is basically for free now, cannons more expensive. You couldnt make millions with trading prewipe. Selling marks is a huge income boost, also increasing inflation while ships can be bought via marks. Its not just about pure income and cost. Whats the problem to take the actual situation, analyse it, and make adjustments that make sense while not the whole environment is changing?!

But why am i still arguing... you just admitted that you dont care. Atleast thanks for that statement, now we can deliberately abandon all reasoning and stop using our brains.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

I know 5 port battles in last weeks that almost full fleet sank on one side. One British, one Danish, 1 French and 2 Spanish. Not sure how many French survived PB, but many of them got screened out after PB, same for Santa Marta.

I dont know, maybe even more ships are sinking now, its just unlikely with current repair, escape and gank favouring mechanics. The point is that its effecting economics. Changed ship lifetime has the same effect as changed cost or income.

1 hour ago, admin said:

I would like to point to these numbers again

We did not go from one extreme from another. It just feels like that. 
Pre may24th austerity patch (when all money supply was cut). The reward for sinking HMS victory was approximately 400k. After wipe patch it was 50k, now its 175k. 

I think something is missing from this equation, as before the wipe it was actually profitable to trade, and people had to earn money from time to time. Now everyone has millions, at least in our clan.

Btw, I get it that you want people to be happy and you want to remove barriers for PvP. Still, you could have had best part of two worlds - a running player-driven economy, and players affording PvP. Previously economy really worked. If you smartly inreased rewards for PvP, and made loss of ship less painful through insurance, and maybe reduce cost of ships a bit, you would have reached the same goal as giving tons of free money to everyone.

Even better, as people would have more incentive to do fun things (PvP).

1 hour ago, admin said:

I would like to point to these numbers again

We did not go from one extreme from another. It just feels like that. 
Pre may24th austerity patch (when all money supply was cut). The reward for sinking HMS victory was approximately 400k. After wipe patch it was 50k, now its 175k. 

That is no extreme. We still have 1 durability, and the money supply is somewhere in between 2016 levels and May austerity patch.

Wait for the ressources which are left in NPC ports to drain, prices for ressources will be back at euro trader prices in two weeks. Mark my works, we will see who is right then.

We are out of hull repairs in Sweden, btw. ^^

Edited by shaeberle84

1 hour ago, admin said:

now we need to increase iron supply a bit and maybe add more options for ships-for-combat marks.

We have to many things that need iron  and it seems the production for it has slowed down since before patch.  Maybe one thing you can do is make the 10-20% boost to production actually work on players buildings and not just ports trade goods/woods.   This will encourage folks that want to make a profit off production to move away from the safe zones.  If they don't want to rish loosing a port they can always get there production around the capital safe ports, but if they want to produce a profitable amount they need to get away and capture and hold lands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Are you considering reworking the whole economy? I mean those trading goods are worth s..t(pardon my french) Random players, like me, not playing often, should be motivated somehow, if we are not very interested in fighting, to do something else ....And i do not mean PvE  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quineloe said:

today many ships were destroyed in PVP EU in large scale RVR battles. I haven't seen that sort of fighting since early Summer 2016 (outside of small battles). Apparently players are willing to risk stuff again.

It is god to see more players fight now. But is not good to see the players earning gold in pve only atm. Pve is too profitable compared to earning money with craft and sell, trade or pvp. Pve rewards should be a bit lowered in my opinion to make the other ways more attractive. Since it is much more risk less as before is would be logical. BTW instant close pve missions are a very good thing. But at this I have an important notice..

If a pve mission is instant closed it can be misused as escape point if you are followed by enemies. That shouldn't be. Please implement a little (30 sec for example) timer you need to wait at open world before joining the battle similar to logout at see or teleport.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

8 hours ago, Fargo said:

Can you figure out labour values again? Would be fun to see how far it goes, we could make bets about it:D

You are on. ^_^

8 hours ago, admin said:

With ships for combat marks, Royal BS will take over the market. http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22624-royal-bank-of-scotland/

7 hours ago, shaeberle84 said:

Wait for the ressources which are left in NPC ports to drain, prices for ressources will be back at euro trader prices in two weeks. Mark my works, we will see who is right then.

We are out of hull repairs in Sweden, btw. ^^

Global or EU? I can get them easily for 3750 / p. Just tell me where to deliver. :)

8 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

Yeah buy extra life's for your ship so you don't lose installed modes ,also buy extra permanent slots and nowleage slots 

We need to stop getting to attached to modes and other pixels and just play the game. Last patch i got a consti with croked hull/bonewind/coppar plating and realized that this is going to be more a cause to worry than to have fun. So i gave it away;).

So what i want to say is, use things u can afford to loose.

27 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

We need to stop getting to attached to modes and other pixels and just play the game. Last patch i got a consti with croked hull/bonewind/coppar plating and realized that this is going to be more a cause to worry than to have fun. So i gave it away;).

So what i want to say is, use things u can afford to loose.

That's why all upgrades need to be able to be bought from admirality. These upgrades are in no way better than others. Them being as rare as they are is keeping people from using them.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

That's why all upgrades need to be able to be bought from admirality. These upgrades are in no way better than others. Them being as rare as they are is keeping people from using them.

All Upgrades should come from the workshop, and the materials should be reasonably easy to obtain. This Cartagena Tar, special gunpowder and all that ultra rare stuff sound more like something from a korean grind MMO.

• Like 3