Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

8 hours ago, Archaos said:

on the other hand there is now more incentive for the pirates to attack weaker nations to counter any points loss against the Brits. 

There's not, really, unless it's for a 3-point region.

Pirates attack the Dutch: Pirates gain 1 point for the win and 1 point for the region. Dutch lose 2 points for the loss and 1 point for the region but that doesn't matter because they were losing anyway. Basically Pirates just did a port battle and got 2 points out of it.

Pirates attack the British. Now it's +2 for the Pirates and -3 for the British who were in the lead, so really the Pirates gained 5 points vs the British.

Pirates should really only go after other teams for 3-point regions or if they really just can't win a British port (or if the port helps them strategically, somehow).

They'll also be in trouble if the minor teams strike back next week, retaking their ports from the pirates while the British are still fighting them too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slamz said:

There's not, really, unless it's for a 3-point region.

Pirates attack the Dutch: Pirates gain 1 point for the win and 1 point for the region. Dutch lose 2 points for the loss and 1 point for the region but that doesn't matter because they were losing anyway. Basically Pirates just did a port battle and got 2 points out of it.

Pirates attack the British. Now it's +2 for the Pirates and -3 for the British who were in the lead, so really the Pirates gained 5 points vs the British.

Pirates should really only go after other teams for 3-point regions or if they really just can't win a British port (or if the port helps them strategically, somehow).

They'll also be in trouble if the minor teams strike back next week, retaking their ports from the pirates while the British are still fighting them too.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, because although you are correct that they should go for the bigger target to maximize their points the fact still remains that unless they are sure of winning it might be more cost effective to hit a weaker target. If in the example we are looking at only the Pirates strike at the Brits, then the Brits attention will turn wholly onto the Pirates so you end up in a similar position as we have at the moment where the two largest nations dont fight each other but go for easy smaller nations or sit back and defend what they already have.

I am not saying this is definitely what will happen but just one of the possibilities. We shall just have to see how it works out, it could be quite a tactical play.

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, because although you are correct that they should go for the bigger target to maximize their points the fact still remains that unless they are sure of winning it might be more cost effective to hit a weaker target. If in the example we are looking at only the Pirates strike at the Brits, then the Brits attention will turn wholly onto the Pirates so you end up in a similar position as we have at the moment where the two largest nations dont fight each other but go for easy smaller nations or sit back and defend what they already have.

I am not saying this is definitely what will happen but just one of the possibilities. We shall just have to see how it works out, it could be quite a tactical play.

Exactly my idea, even though I'm 95% sure no one will put in the time or effort for the tactical play. 
They will go for the weaker targets and multiple PB's at the same time since they have the player base and resources to support an armada, which smaller nations have not.

• Like 1

Good patch overall apart one very important thing: 

• War supplies can now get 100% hostility 

Really? what is point behind this? 40% was working fine - attackers have slighty boost durning atttack and defenders get still time to gather forces and come defend. Now its wrong - attacking port only by economic supplies - where is naval action in it?.

About PB group - can we create this group anytime ? if yes - should be limited to 1 hr before certain nation PB. 

Why Rattlesnake Heavy - and not base one? (Ratlle Heavy was OP before wipe and i love it)

Especially love ability to manage clan and add clan warehouse slots - those were essentials upgraeds imo and /tiphat for implementing them.

About whole map restart - system looks similar to PotBS with some changes and will happy to test it - only one concern here - "zerg" is always going to winning nation.

Curious about combat news channel how it works exactly ?

And this: when pirates will be pirates instead OP nation with access to all ships in game? Raids? Come on - this was promised a long long long time ago.

Edited by Bart Smith

To my opinion,

There must be several Dev's that are sharing responsabilities in NA development,

each of them might have a turn to implement their own view of how to improve the game.

I cannot believe it's the same gentleman who's implementing so many different mechanics...

I know, and constantly repeat to myself, we're testers; but i'm getting quite confused about the final issue of NA.

What I am sure is this last patch will not last long, it's only an additional experiment.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Curious about combat news channel how it works exactly ?

Like global, except there's a clerck that states kills, who did it in which region and the victims nation.
Only works on PVP kills and a little bugged atm, he doesn't count caps as kills.

4 hours ago, Michael Corvinus said:

750 combat marks for Bellona Permit and 250 for a Blueprint, that is dumb ass too expensive. This is taking the piss.

That's the equivalent of 75 Conquest Marks how the f&*k is that any good?

before patch, Bellona permit was 13 Conquest marks (130 Comat Marks at their exchange rate) so now it is over 3 x more expensive?????

250 Cobat Marks for 1 Victory Mark is 3 x too expensive. This will really encourage high tier play and then people will get bored and leave. Way to go

They want you to sail the regular 3rd rate instead :) 

As someone who logged in yesterday and doesn't know if the USA on PVP EU will exist much longer or go the way of the French, I have to admit that I am curious about the new system and whether or not it will incentivize warfare, or if nations will simply find some way to still trade ports to get victory marks.

Frankly I think the ratio of risk to reward has to be so huge that clearly you are at a disadvantage if you do not wage war. This meaning large factions will either have to go to war or perish.

Maybe 5 control points for taking a port and -1 for losing. I don't know. I was a bit harsh on the changes because I know what it means for small nations but I will see how things play out. Seems that the more challenging the game is made for huge nations, the more impossible it becomes for the smaller ones. But, we can at least rely on trade. Marks have become the new currency in the game and it is much-needed since the gold currency in the game is a complete joke.

3 hours ago, Lordicious said:

They would if you wouldn't remove it from the game. 

Captain, there is a reason why they couldn't keep the new ships in or add in any more new ships and that is due to how the engine version they're on couldn't support it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

About PB group - can we create this group anytime ? if yes - should be limited to 1 hr before certain nation PB. 

I think they should just make it the Battle group and get rid of teh other... The reasoning for the Battle Group also should apply to normal groups.. no tagging a singe guy out of a fleet

2 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

I think they should just make it the Battle group and get rid of teh other... The reasoning for the Battle Group also should apply to normal groups.. no tagging a singe guy out of a fleet

Well was participate in PB today and now i know how this work. Thx.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, admin said:
  • Victory mark will be granted for map wins (not port battles) using the legacy system (old control will move to the next round)
  • The whole nation (captains who logged in during last 14 days) will receive a victory mark if their nation wins the map
  • Map is won by the nation having largest number of conquest points. 

If I got it correct:

(+) This system resolves the famous CM unfairness (only PB's players were rewarded), now the whole faction players will be rewarded.

(-) This system will leave small faction, or low populated faction, with the impossibility to win the Map therefore no access to Victory marks.

The only compensation for these small factions remains in this new system to craft war ships without Victory marks (Agamemnons, 3rd rates, Bucentaures & Victories), making accessible a war fleet for poor Factions...

As I mentioned in an anterior post, this experiment will not live long.

My opinion for "marketing" issue:

The key remains in that very point ==> war ships are spectaculars, players want & need to use them. A large number of NA potential players will play and stay when war ships will be easily replaced after defeats. 

As long as war ships will remain hard work to be crafted, the game will not satisfy a majority of casual players. the "one durability" ship has been assumed, but added to hard crafting, ships are utilized with much caution.

The fact is that Historical realism is not compatible with most player expectation, they cannot afford it as it's too time consuming.  

Conclusion (after all these months of testing): 

The only experiments that should be worth testing are the one that should increase significantly player population.

• Like 2

The invisibility period needs to be 2-way. Either you can't see other ships, or at a minimum you can't attack other ships. The way it is now is too easy to exploit with the length and speed boost. Getting tagged in OW by an invisible ship right on top of you is BS...

Edited by Helbent

On 17.7.2017 at 11:35 AM, admin said:

Hotfix 1 (07/18/2017)

• Mark limit increased from 1000 to 10000. Lost marks due to previous limit were compensated via redeemables.
  • Fixed bug with contracts not listed in port shop.
  • Fixed bug with invisibility state after battle is over on players that left that battle earlier.
  • Some UI fixes in the conquest tab

@admin Since the last patch my contracts (all shown at the shop) are not filled. I made sure, the whole day, that every contract is placed first the whole time and I noticed that the amount of ressources raised in the ports where my contracts have been placed. (I am talking about 8 Contracts in different ports which worked the whole time since the wipe - same ressources.)

Can this be a bug? That is the only reason I can get when I think about this matter. If yes, this needs to be fixed! :huh:

Thus, it is nice that you fixed a bug where contracts where not shown in the port but before that you need to fix that at least the contracts get filled!

Dear Devs,

Please see NAB-68777.

I put an Elephant Bow Figure on WO/WO Endymion, and it did not give the armor bonus. It just gave the speed penalty.

See screenshots below for comparison. I have a feeling the latest patch messed the upgrade modules up a bit. Please fix!

I tried putting the elephant bf on twice just to see if it was a temporary glitch. Went out and back into port. Same issue.

Also, CapnButtPirate told me to tell you he's mad about it too, so you'll fix it sooner.

Thank you!

1.png

2.png

Edited by Nym
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nym said:

Dear Devs,

Please see NAB-68777.

I put an Elephant Bow Figure on WO/WO Endymion, and it did not give the armor bonus. It just gave the speed penalty.

See screenshots below for comparison. I have a feeling the latest patch messed the upgrade modules up a bit. Please fix!

I tried putting the elephant bf on twice just to see if it was a temporary glitch. Went out and back into port. Same issue.

1.png

2.png

there is a 20% HP Cap - due to the bridgetown frame refit and the wood u chose u already reached the cap.

as far as i know, there is a 20% cap for everything....

Edited by troody

2 hours ago, troody said:

there is a 20% HP Cap - due to the bridgetown frame refit and the wood u chose u already reached the cap.

as far as i know, there is a 20% cap for everything....

HP and Thickness have 20% cap so far we found. Haven't found a reload cap though as we have been over 20%.