Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 2 for patch 10.00

admin

@admin,

I know @Sir Texas Sir has made several queries about the Ship Knowledge Tree, I'd like to know also if there is one to be posted soon? Many people are asking and wondering which ships are needed to progress thru knowledge onto next level of ship. Thank you.

Oh and.... great job on patch! ^_^

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

• Trading resources weight increased to provide the opportunity for more players to trade. Current supply of trading resources across caribbean remained the same - average profit remained the same. Only weight changed. Traders won't be able to clear out the whole port alone as before. Giving others the chance to buy the resources.
  • Protractor tool added to map in the open world
  • Tow to port TEMPORARILY changed. Due to teleport bug (that we are still fixing) that can send you across the map (sometimes to the pacific) we have changed it back to capital (increasing cool down to 6 hours). Otherwise player were stuck on the other side of the globe sometimes without the option to return
  • Cannon weights fixed
  • Morgan bluff can now produce coal and iron again
  • PvE server received even more NEUTRAL counties with coal - where all nations can build factories and fast travel to. 

Good work devs!!

Love the focus and dedication you all are putting into 10.0. 

As for the Protractor... THIS IS FREAKING PERFECT!!! 10 Cheers for @admin!... and or the Dev that coded it. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 2

@admin Thank you so much for the Protractor tool. It's (almost) exactly what I was asking for. A+ Edit: Also just noticed the faint gridlines. Surprisingly, I'm okay with unlabeled gridlines. It might make things a little more interesting.

With respect to the other current points of contention for myself and others - Coal being a "Conquest" resource in the hands of only a few nations, Ship Knowledge being bjorked and bass-ackwards, and Inability to convert Marks - I'm personally not asking for instant gratification, here. I'm not the shallow sort of person that expects "YOU NEED TO FIX DIS NAOW!" All I'm looking for is acknowledgement of the problem and assurances that it's being worked toward correction.

If you don't agree that having resources essential to heavy shipbuilding and, in turn, conquest and county defense - Coal and PvP Marks both - only accessible to a small portion of the player base is a sizable problem that will threaten the longevity of the game, then I'll be happy to explain why I feel that this is such a drastically erroneous position to take. The simplest fix to this situation is to restore the Mark conversion ability, even if it is at a higher rate (20-25:1, maybe even higher) and to restore the resource distribution as it existed on May 24th, on Day 1 of v10.0.

If you think that the present state of ship knowledge unlocks is "fine and fair to all" and cannot see why it is so hideously grind-tastic and frustrating more than it is enjoyable, then I'll be happy to explain why it is and offer alternatives. The simplest fix to this issue is to not have a singular knowledge path for each ship (especially with nested dependencies to other ships), but have steeper but independent knowledge paths for larger groups of ships: 7ths, 6ths, Light 5ths, Heavy 5ths, 4ths, 3rds, and Heavy Lineships. I agree that unlocking all 5 knowledge slots on a ship (or ship class) should be a challenge and represent a significant investment of effort (I was personally a fan of the base-5 exponential curve - if a ship class takes 100xp for Slot 1, the successive slots would each take 500, 2,500, 12,500, and 62,500xp, respectively), but we shouldn't be forced to sail ships that we don't enjoy sailing simply because they exist in the game.

I have a lot more I could talk about (Hostility, Conquest, Raids, Politics, Ballistics, RoE and Battle Instancing), but those issues don't really relate to this patch. That's what the signature links are for ^_^

Edited by Kiithnaras
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Tow to port TEMPORARILY changed. Due to teleport bug (that we are still fixing) that can send you across the map (sometimes to the pacific) we have changed it back to capital (increasing cool down to 6 hours). Otherwise player were stuck on the other side of the globe sometimes without the option to return

Was very happy to realise the "teleport to capitol" is back and now i read that it is just temporaly. Makes me sad

1 hour ago, Captain corn blower said:

So every one said look for the X after boarding battle ,Ware does it show up at ? Or what steps do you have to do to find it ,     I'm PVE

You have to come to nearly a stop next to the sinking ship - as if you were boarding it.  Once you're slow enough and close enough, the prompt to press X will appear.

Be quick!  You don't have long to get things off of it before it slips beneath the waves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

You have to come to nearly a stop next to the sinking ship - as if you were boarding it.  Once you're slow enough and close enough, the prompt to press X will appear.

Be quick!  You don't have long to get things off of it before it slips beneath the waves.

Be very quick. Seems a bit to fast, what is the timer 45sec? Any way to extend that to 3-5 minutes? 

Just now, The Red Duke said:

2.0 knts or less

( boarding being 3.5 and less )

I was able to X at 3~. You also have to make sure not to be running over the ship as that seems to stop it and be VERY close to the ship. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1

May I suggest that when NPC is damaged beyound suvival level it will strike a white flag, giving a signal to a player to approach the ship to loot it. In essence it will expand available time to loot. Current 30-50 seconds is relying more on luck then skill in positioning of the ships. Alternatively just expanding the NPC sink time to 120-150 seconds would do the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

After boarding and wining ,I did not see any X or how to capture ship ?

It can be touchy, move the camera around.  You can no longer capture the ship, unless it belongs to a player, but you can take goods. Look for the x.  Like I said, it can be touchy, so move the camera around or get closer. :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

...and make sure you have "boarding action" already activated before you approach the sinking vessel. otherwise, the sinking vessel you intend to board will have already sunk once you're able to board.

Went looking around.

At this current time there is no way to craft an Ingermanland. Not sure if it is meant to be that way. Just wondering if you know about this @admin and if this should be correct?

I double checked in admiralty store, permits, and blueprint crafting area and no Ingermanland.

46 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Dont have to have boarding action ready to take cargo off of a ship with "x".

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

you don't need any boarding prep to loot sinking ship

Both of these Captains are correct.  Only need boarding to board a live ship that hasn't surrendered due to sinking.

6 hours ago, admin said:

this will be tuned, current workaround is to hunt traders in a boarding fitted trader brig/snow or in LGV
we are also considering allowing to install cannons on trading ships to act as bait

Oooooo now that is an interesting idea...

According to patch notes in PVE captureing a Npc trader is unrestricted ,which means that after boarding battle the same procedure should still be in place but it's not!!  .it did not list it as being a different procedure to capture Trader ships or taking their cargo so is it bugged or just overlooked spent the last two nights trying to capture ships with no luck