Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

Um. So I played on EU PVP 1, I'm a US players like a lot of us were. Took a break for a while. Came home to notice the patch thought I'd check it out. Wipes, woo nice. Redeemables for XP Woo even nicer. Then I realise the sad truth. My character is locked to a server that now only supports EU Port Battle Timers. GG, never again to take part of a Port Battle :(. Guess I can start all over again but man that really blows with all the work I had on my old character.

7 minutes ago, TrackTerror said:

Great, can we have this sticky or in the patchnotes so it is obvious for everyone.

Yeah, make it very clear. It seems to be a problem. It should be in BOLD red on top of Patch notes here and Steam. 

Edited by Ned Low

Just now, rediii said:

message how to prevent that was quite some time in the login screen. Bad luck you didnt saw that one

Yeah, like I said I had stopped playing for a while. It kinda blows for others like me who took a break from the game and now pretty much gotta start over completely haha. They should really have an option that people like us can take advantage of.

4 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

he i just saw all the distinguished fellows on euro server got free clans..... why didnt global get it ? its 100k to create a clan and well pvp1 went to pvp eu .... andgeuss we know now where the devs are playing.... ;)  so clans from pvp1 have to grind a hole lot more now to create there clan on Pvp Global...

It's was obvious from the start. :)

29 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

Just a quickly question: Should i use forged paper before or after redeeming my exp?

12 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Per admin:  If you have NOT used or deleted your redeemables, you can safely delete your character and create anew.

Tested now to confirm. Since I hadn't redeemed anything I was able to delete my character and recreate it in a new nation and with a new name. And I had all of my redeemables after doing that.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

he i just saw all the distinguished fellows on euro server got free clans..... why didnt global get it ? its 100k to create a clan and well pvp1 went to pvp eu .... andgeuss we know now where the devs are playing.... ;)  so clans from pvp1 have to grind a hole lot more now to create there clan on Pvp Global...

If your clan finds it hard to gather 100k... good luck

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Hey Jeheil,

A video interpretation with anecdote juice to swallow this lot please. No waiting for Monday, this has got to be a special dispatch to the King!

All in favour say Aye!

Buster (in crew shock)

Aye!

4 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

omg mods come on ,thats really not how i sound but ok ,but really this is a bad start i personaly would have waited till friday instead of this fast release... quite some wrong balancing

I feel your pain. I am at work atm. Was aiming for Friday as well. :D Sorry mods everyone is exited about patch.  

Edited by Ned Low

3 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

Nation change is not possible since it costs 5000g to abandon the outpost in the capital.

If you already redeemed everything, do a few missions or kill some AI on OW then you have the gold.  If you haven't redeemed anything, delete your character. :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

lovely brits start with no coal mine :P got to love the love brits are getting

Are there coal deposits in the Caribbean anyway? Maybe we should all be using charcoal? lol

I'll try not to use any salty words but as an Englishman who voted for Independence from the EU hegemony in game and in real life I feel like there is conspiracy against me and my kind, e.g. preferential treatment for the players of the  EU hegemony re: clans, crap set up for the British nation in game, etc. etc. and don't get me started on the Franco-German love in.

Oh well, if I cant take a joke I shouldn't have joined the game or the EU in the first place :)

Ok... I love what i see, however I have one strong request.
Pirates have been left out (as usual, surprise surprise). We don't get admiralty store, we dont get 1st rates ships so conquest for us is on hardcore.
Which means we are not going to have Pirate ports. Which also means we are going to have less teleport options. Which also means denying a pirate a way to get to his prey. Which is what pirates do right?
Remove all conquest from Pirates, but give us exclusive ability to use free ports as our dens and teleport to them as nations teleport to their ports.

• Like 4

The whole point is that its SUPPOSED to be hard for people at the beginning.  Whats the point of having a zillion gold and 3 1st rates if you dont have the skills to navigate or fight them?  

Yes, I lost a crap-ton of ships when I first started.  That didnt make me want to quit...  It made me want to improve.

Just my two doubloons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maturin said:

I take it you reject sinful amenities such as Teamspeak as well?

Or is Capslock some sort of code for hypocrisy?

Anyhow, for the umpteenth time, adding only the latitude back in would be a very historical compromise.

I don't have to use team speak to play the game, but a solo or new player will have to use some source to figure out how to navigate in game.  

Even back than they where able to get there coords, it wasn't just latitude and most ships had very good navigation charts of the main sea lanes to go by once they get these coors.  No one is saying pin point dot on the map GPS.  Which we didn't even have a dot, you still had to look the coorsd up and figure there location.  You don't want it to be as accurate than just drop the last part.  So that what was 72.35 would instead be 72.3 so you don't have an exact location.  Just removing every thing some one could use to navigate in game is going backwards.

• Like 2