Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 8 for the testbed patch 9.99

admin

Hotfix was deployed today for the testbed. Here are the changes

• Fixed bugs appearing during redeeming of the Yacht
  • Recently killed status is not given if you surrender to fix the denial of marks exploit when players would surrender en masse before large battles to deny marks 
  • Missions now only accept ships of the mission level and below. You can no longer do low level missions in 1st rates. This opens up more possibilities to create better and more challenging PVE content.
  • Nation change item added to the game. We will provide it for mass testing this week.
  • Free crew of 40 has returned the game to fix issues where a player can get stuck without money not allowing him to buy crew even for the basic cutter.
  • Fixed bug causing your knowledge level to work on a ship captured from you
  • Ship knowledge skills now work on your fleet ships
  • Food supplies added to certain regions allowing the construction of the Farm
  • Copper completely removed so you can now make war supplies and muskets without copper
  • Barrels blueprint updated
  • Probably new bugs were introduced again

Known issues

• Some players still report teleporting to random locations after logging off and loggin in at sea. Please report such random teleports using F11 and using support section on the forum. Its very important for fixing this bug.
  • Pirate regions bot supply is broken – for some reason they sail elsewhere in the world. Will be fixed soon.
  • Port stores sometimes do not update for a very small % of players. It can be fixed from time to time by clearing registry. We are searching for the solution.

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, admin said:

• Some players still report teleporting to random locations after logging off and loggin in at sea. Please report such random teleports using F11 and using support section on the forum. Its very important for fixing this bug.

I'm happy to see the devs are trying to hunt down this bug. It hit me last week and had pretty much sucked all enthusiasm I had for testing out of me. I was moved 1hr+ away from my regular outposts, in a slow ship, no teleport to capital, not enough money left to buy an outpost, can't afford to dump this ship I paid a bazzilion gold to put guns on...

11 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Missions now only accept ships of the mission level and below. You can no longer do low level missions in 1st rates. This opens up more possibilities to create better and more challenging PVE content.

You might want to allow ships one tier up from mission rank.  A lot of the missions are hard to do for some new/casual players to do at there level so they normally will down level one to make it easier or so they can solo them without help.

A bug I know some are having right now is some of the shop items will only let you buy one item at a time.

• Like 7

Any plan to allow the apostrophe to the the character name's creation in the near future? You already use it in ranks "chef d'escadre" and in some materials needed for trims "officier de l'école d'artillerie".

Cheers

Edited by Serk

I have noticed NPCs sailling through land masses still. I'll F11 them as I see it happen. 

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Port stores sometimes do not update for a very small % of players. It can be fixed from time to time by clearing registry. We are searching for the solution.

I seems to happen from time to time. Re-starting the game often curses it - short term though. 

1 minute ago, Buba Smith said:

I have noticed NPCs sailling through land masses still. I'll F11 them as I see it happen. 

I think they said they where going to work on that after the patch went live as it's not on the top of the list.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think they said they where going to work on that after the patch went live as it's not on the top of the list.

Thanks; I still think it's worth reporting so they know where the map issues are. 

Edited by Buba Smith

Just now, Buba Smith said:

Thanks; I still think it's worth reporting so they know where the geographic issues are. 

Yes. Worth reporting and adds to the list of routes with problems to be solved in due time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Port stores sometimes do not update for a very small % of players. It can be fixed from time to time by clearing registry. We are searching for the solution.

I think this is wider spread than you think it is; it not only happens to me all of the time, I see a lot of people in global chat ask about it and they're told its a known bug log on/off to fix and I bet they don't bother to F11 it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

what regional trim?

I think he's refering to regional refits which are craftable through the workshop building using regional ressources

Having a list of those (ingredients too) would be nice

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

i thouught it stays like it is now... i realy don't want to see a strong hul again ...

from what I understand from past posts ship crafting will stay like it is now; crafting a regional bonus is just crafting a permanent upgrade called "bermuda refit" which then goes into the perm upgrade slot.  which makes it just one more OP permanent upgrade you can stack.

47 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You might want to allow ships one tier up from mission rank.  A lot of the missions are hard to do for some new/casual players to do at there level so they normally will down level one to make it easier or so they can solo them without help.

The PVP warriors of NA are allowed to gank low level players while missioners cannot gank low level bots. Discrimination!

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I think he's refering to regional refits which are craftable through the workshop building using regional ressources

Having a list of those (ingredients too) would be nice

I think that thing you just found in Mort Shop prob has to to do with British Refit. I been seeing some things around and I'm taking note and think I can figure out what some of them might go to.

30 minutes ago, rediii said:

i thouught it stays like it is now... i realy don't want to see a strong hul again ...

You do know it's % based now not a flat number so you won't see those very high AR ratings and with the new wood types it's not a lot of difference in the AR thickness between most wood types.   

1 hour ago, admin said:

Recently killed status is not given if you surrender to fix the denial of marks exploit when players would surrender en masse before large battles to deny marks 

But then players from different nations can exploit surrender mechanic to gain marks, no?

1 minute ago, shaeberle84 said:

But then players from different nations can exploit surrender mechanic to gain marks, no?

Only if you sink ship !? Unsure but I reckon that is the case, you get rewards if you sink the ship.

55 minutes ago, rediii said:

Agree, with quite a selection of woods, ship knowledge, and perks, we have enough means to tweak our ships. Bringing the regional bonuses back might be a step too far.

Edited by Stilgar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not even just new or casual players.  I'm what I suppose you'd call a 'veteran player'  (although I'm pretty mediocre at PvP) and I prefer to take missions lower than my ship type.  Usually I take missions if I want to try out a new ship I've bought/crafted so I don't want to either a) lose the ship or b)really think too much beyond getting to grips on how the ship handles.  Sometimes i take missions when I just want to have some stress free battle fun.  Otherwise I'm on board with the other changes and obviously this is just my opinion but I don't think EVERYTHING needs to be hardcore.

• Like 1