Game-Labs Forum

Current Ships in Development Update?

8 hours ago, admin said:

Santa Cecilia will remain a rare gift ship

This ship is to good to be only as "Rare" gift, give us Santa Cecillia as gift, this is that ship we want or make as prem buy able.

Edited by Shrez

38 minutes ago, Shrez said:

This ship is to good to be only as gift, give us Santa Cecillia as gift this is that ship we want or make as prem buy able.

What? We are playing the game, where did you get the idea we are entitled to anything? in fact, with all that is promised we are entitled for nothing, we should be happy we are getting the Pandora. But sometimes, silently watching the community i wonder if we actually deserve anything...

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Ukupanipo said:

What? We are playing the game, where did you get the idea we are entitled to anything? in fact, with all that is promised we are entitled for nothing, we should be happy we are getting the Pandora. But sometimes, silently watching the community i wonder if we actually deserve anything...

You didn't understand me, this ship model is so awesome that would be sad only to get dusty as a rare gift ship.

Edited by Shrez

Wasa - as in Vasa, the Swedish ship that foundered on maiden voyage? Or is it something else?

And if it is, indeed, THE Vasa... why? We already have the Santisima, which IRL was such a godawful sailer that it was almost not taken as a part of the fleet. And Vasa barely got away from the docks.

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey

On 4/12/2017 at 4:18 AM, admin said:

We are not working on any more vessels because we are not sure about the sales results on release (which depend on reviews). We don't even hear praise for ships any more. Some players are even claiming that new ships are not content and everything is just trash..There are some people who made up stories for themselves that  we are hiding some huge reserve of ships somewhere to blackmail them. There are no more new ships in hiding or in development. None.

To change the situation you have to raise your voice (if you came here "because ships"). next time you hear someone talking about lack of content remind them how many new ships were added since release and point to the fact that ships ARE content and also take time to develop.  Speak up, leave the review, tell us that you want new vessels, and help to balance the negative energy with positive.

Oh my, please don't take the voices of the negative few as the sentiments of the majority.  I can only speak for myself but honestly given the time and effort that goes into behind-the-scenes we all know that these ships are beautiful in their original real state. Re-creating them is a huge task, I know that. The ships in this game are wonderful and I am still amazed at the OW scenery. I can't imagine how much time has gone into programing it? You have been good to the loyalists in this game and they are here because you have a product worthy of your efforts and the users time. If NA was anything less we wouldn't be here nor commenting. I have seen a few sailing games before and to my knowledge this the best I have experienced so far, head and shoulders above the rest by far. Now take these positive comments and be encouraged (please) and rest assured that most of us are here because, not despite; there is a huge difference. 

Pass along the good comments and sincere thanks to all staff and let them know that their work is very much appreciated.  

Edited by Buba Smith
  • Like 3

On 19.4.2017 at 6:48 PM, Buba Smith said:

Oh my, please don't take the voices of the negative few as the sentiments of the majority.  I can only speak for myself but honestly given the time and effort that goes into behind-the-scenes we all know that these ships are beautiful in their original real state. Re-creating them is a huge task, I know that. The ships in this game are wonderful and I am still amazed at the OW scenery. I can't imagine how much time has gone into programing it? You have been good to the loyalists in this game and they are here because you have a product worthy of your efforts and the users time. If NA was anything less we wouldn't be here nor commenting. I have seen a few sailing games before and to my knowledge this the best I have experienced so far, head and shoulders above the rest by far. Now take these positive comments and be encouraged (please) and rest assured that most of us are here because, not despite; there is a huge difference. 

Pass along the good comments and sincere thanks to all staff and let them know that their work is very much appreciated.  

This is all there is to say. 

Naval Action is still a great way to sink my time into virtual worlds. And the ships are probably the best models one can wish for in a game(!), they carry the flair of the time with them (especially after the battles, battered and tattered) :)

Edited by Tyrdael
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, Ahoy H.R. Matey said:

Wasa - as in Vasa, the Swedish ship that foundered on maiden voyage? Or is it something else?

And if it is, indeed, THE Vasa... why? We already have the Santisima, which IRL was such a godawful sailer that it was almost not taken as a part of the fleet. And Vasa barely got away from the docks.

No it is a later Wasa.

• Like 1

I would like to see some more lower tier ships for sure.. but I just want to say.

The current ships in the game look bloody amazing and you guys could not have done a better job on them.

But I think at the moment we have enough ships, now is the time to nail down the game mechanics and get working towards beta and then final release.

More ships can come after release :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the ship variety, they are beautiful. Right now though I would love the game to concentrate of adding more variety to battles with weather effects, flags, craftable paint. Where is the fog, calm seas, heavy seas.... you can even make it so that having full sail in heavy weather will tear your sails while maybe giving you just enough edge to get away. The realtime combat mechanics are fantastic, lets get some more visual variety in here!

• Like 3

On 4/12/2017 at 7:18 PM, admin said:

Pandora will be provided on release (not before)
Kepler (the planet ship) the Pavel Razee is frozen - may get in may not get in we dont know. It kinda does look strange.

The rest from your list be provided in some or another form on release and maybe before.

• Prince de Neufchatel
  • Diana
  • Hermione
  • Wasa 
  • Christian VII

Some of these ships were player voted vessels and some were added by us. Several unpainted raw hulls for those vessels were provided by players like Ragnar and Bungee. 

Christian V11 could become a reward ship for one of the quest lines (nordic one) - it wont become a premium ship because of our promise of no premiums above the 3rd rate.
Le Hermione and Wasa will definitely be premium vessels. We are not sure about Prince de Neuf... It is beautiful but might be needed to plug a gap in the scout ship lineup. 2 more premium vessels will be taken from current line up. There will be 4 premium ships. 

Total 2013-2017 Establishment

• 45 combat ships in game (finished and unfinished) including the variants .
  • 41 excluding the variations like pirate frigate. It is 400% above of original promise of 10 ships :)
  • (we do not count trader lynx and similar types in the list as they are just ungunned variants)

Plans and the state of shipbuilding

We have 45 unique combat vessels in game. We originally promised 10 for early access content and we over delivered it 400%, It was possible to player support, likes, clapping, applause. Thank you for helping to make it happen. 

Short term plans
We are not working on any more vessels because we are not sure about the sales results on release (which depend on reviews). We don't even hear praise for ships any more. Some players are even claiming that new ships are not content and everything is just trash..There are some people who made up stories for themselves that  we are hiding some huge reserve of ships somewhere to blackmail them. There are no more new ships in hiding or in development. None.

To change the situation you have to raise your voice (if you came here "because ships"). next time you hear someone talking about lack of content remind them how many new ships were added since release and point to the fact that ships ARE content and also take time to develop.  Speak up, leave the review, tell us that you want new vessels, and help to balance the negative energy with positive.  

Did you just say there are no more new ships in development ? 

Edited by Jean Pual Vilvenue

On 5/9/2017 at 7:22 AM, The MetaBaron said:

I love the ship variety, they are beautiful. Right now though I would love the game to concentrate of adding more variety to battles with weather effects, flags, craftable paint. Where is the fog, calm seas, heavy seas.... you can even make it so that having full sail in heavy weather will tear your sails while maybe giving you just enough edge to get away. The realtime combat mechanics are fantastic, lets get some more visual variety in here!

Good points. Still waiting on opening gun ports, recoil and perhaps better land visuals and water clipping against the hull doesn't look all too good if you look closely...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

Good points. Still waiting on opening gun ports, recoil and perhaps better land visuals and water clipping against the hull doesn't look all too good if you look closely...

recoil was present in game during early testing. Because of huge number of draw calls in large battles it was switch off. recoil ruins FPS when there are 5000 cannons in battle (25 v 25 100 gunners)

On 19.04.2017 at 7:26 PM, Hodo said:

No offense but I would love to see more unrated ships added.  6th rates and 7th rates.  

We still dont have a Xebec... 

We want to add xebecs (1-2) but it will all depend on other factors. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, admin said:

recoil was present in game during early testing. Because of huge number of draw calls in large battles it was switch off. recoil ruins FPS when there are 5000 cannons in battle (25 v 25 100 gunners)

Isn't it possible to have such ambient things happen on the players-ship only?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Side note.

WHY did this become a thing.

Let me pay you for unfinished products in hopes that one day you will finally deliver a finished product?  

Maybe because I am not some Millennial or a hipster, or I have worked in the automotive industry for nearly 20 years.   But in my world you dont get paid for unfinished work.

It's called investment

Even NA arena will profit because more ships more time till it gets boring ;-)

Edited by z4ys

The Devs have already said that they have for delivered the promised alpha product. Everything from now on is a gift. We as paying customers are not entitled to anything more. We have our promised 10 ships, open world map etc.

We as customers get nothing else, our development team have completed their contact with us! If we want anything else we should pay for it I'm guessing 

• Like 2

Just now, Hodo said:

Even in investing there is a product to invest in, and I will get more than the product if I invest in it, I usually will get a share of the earnings based on my investment agreement.   I know a little about that too, from racing.  

More ships mean more content. And I except my payment in fun I get by more ships.