Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.96 - New conquest, New trading, New ships and other things

admin

Out in my Indiaman, I capped an LGV with over 24,000t cargo. It was 200 units of a heavy wood and 70 units of something else. I could take around 20 units of the heavy wood, that was it.

Did you F11 that? It certainly is a bug when you see 24k tons of goods on a ship with a 3.1k ton capacity. Hopefully an F11 report gets dev attention quicker than posting in here.

Edited by Steadfast

It is becoming more of a naval trading game, then a naval wargame, something I do not like.

Not being able to have missions in one's own county poses some problems. (a) One has to do a lot of sailing. Many people, including myself, find this boring. (b ) There is an increased possibility that one will be ganked. (c ) This makes it difficult to call this game a single player game, as one needs the cooperation from other players to stave off ganking attacks. (d) This means that one is not in control of the game one has purchased, because it all depends on whether one has managed to make friends with other players. Given human nature, it is a very much hit and miss, and ups and downs situation.

So, it is also a game which is a laboratory for interpersonal relations. Except that, the range of people is limited to wargamers, with all the peculiar problems that this entails.

The developers just don't know how to handle all that is going on. They think they are creating a naval wargame--or whatever--and find themselves in a minefield of their own making. I would be very surprised if they were not very stressed.

• Like 1

I'm really liking the changes, especially with how much more of a challenge the game feels now, certainly in regards to trading and crafting - definitely feels like the kid gloves have been taken off (nice to not have everything on a plate!). I'm thoroughly liking the groundwork this patch has laid for the future.

Only thing I really would have liked to have seen is alliances reset & the number lowered to 1 (maybe 2). Off the bat, DN has very little room for expansion due to current alliances.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen

ok, after playing for two days...  I can say that I'm loving this new patch.  It may be the fact that there are more players as well, but we had non-stop PvP from10:30 AM EST to right now while cruising in 3 Renommees...  

• Like 2

I would like to bring up a huge issue...

if you make an exceptional ship right now.. and spend all the extra hours and difficulty getting the material.. and you end up with a mastercraft after making it something is wrong!

If you want crafters to make ships and you want the end game to making ships and crafting this can not happen!  I am now stuck with a MC ship because the buyer wanted a gold exceptional and paid for a gold exceptional.

Please Devs explain how this happens?  I like the patch.. I like the new combat.. Like the new economy..

But, you make it rare for exceptional ships to be made.. I worked my ass off to find the resources needed to make said exceptional ship.. now it is worth nothing in the eyes of the buyer.

Not really a new issue. Before a buyer would say that they want a 3/5 ship but will only pay you for one ship. You then either had to explain to the buyer that they are paying for the chance of a 3/5 ship offered at a price that makes them willing to take on the risk, or had to set your selling price to still guarantee a profit even if you had to build and sell several ships before getting the best possible. The advantage of the system is that it produces ships for the market that aren't just custom orders mostly inside clans, creating an actual marketplace.

• Like 3

What's new:

Mission changes.

• Missions will generate or reduce hostility - thus enemy should be able to influence the flow of events. Because of that missions will always be open for entry for all sides for 30 minutes.

In general I really like that idea, esp. that missions are open for 30 min so a nation has a chance to defend their regions.

One thing looks a bit annoying and at least totally unrealistic: Ships, joining a mission after some minutes are spawning at the same place. For instance, a group of three Frigates fighting a single NPC SOL can find themselves just in the middle of a bunch of 10 enemy players with SOL's etc. ... out of blue, magically appeared in carronade distance... uh greetings from David Copperfield! 

I would suggest, that ships joining a mission later should spawn in some distance to the battle - the later they join the bigger the distance.

Our real life counterparts 250 years ago would have seen a reinforcement fleet in a battle hours before and so should we.

Edit: Removed some awkward typo's - shouldn't write such posts drunk and in the middle of the night.

Edited by Dick Brave
  • Like 2

The new econ changes are just forcing players to adopt close-circuit economies.

Sell/donate your materials to clan crafters in exchange for quality ships and upgrades.....

Much more economical than trying to buy ships for stupidly high prices on the market. 5 million for a gold trinc?

There aren't even that many ships for sale at all, just greys and greens.. and even those are 500+ gold each.

I feel bad for the small clans and solo players who will have to suffer through this step backwards in game testing.

• Like 1

The new econ changes are just forcing players to adopt close-circuit economies.

Sell/donate your materials to clan crafters in exchange for quality ships and upgrades.....

Much more economical than trying to buy ships for stupidly high prices on the market. 5 million for a gold trinc?

There aren't even that many ships for sale at all, just greys and greens.. and even those are 500+ gold each.

I feel bad for the small clans and solo players who will have to suffer through this step backwards in game testing.

This is exactly what has happened in the Brits as well, in the past i built my own ships with an iron and coal mine and an oak and hemp plantation, those got me about 80% of what I needed and i bought the odds and ends, now all you can do is be part of a clan and trust that you will get ships,  Not sure if its better wor worse but its a big change.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H

This is exactly what has happened in the Brits as well, in the past i built my own ships with an iron and coal mine and an oak and hemp plantation, those got me about 80% of what I needed and i bought the odds and ends, now all you can do is be part of a clan and trust that you will get ships,  Not sure if its better wor worse but its a big change.

I'm sure there are a bunch of players who are really into Econ that like the new Econ. I preferred the more relaxed Econ where 1 player, using the smuggler flag, could get all the mats & build a ship (yes, I know it's unrealistic). The trade missions are a nice add. But until the markets fill up with resources, if I lose all my duras on the few ships I have, I'll just buy a cheap ship from the NPC shop or cap one & buy cheap green mods from the NPC shop.

It is becoming more of a naval trading game, then a naval wargame, something I do not like.

Not being able to have missions in one's own county poses some problems. (a) One has to do a lot of sailing. Many people, including myself, find this boring. (b ) There is an increased possibility that one will be ganked. (c ) This makes it difficult to call this game a single player game, as one needs the cooperation from other players to stave off ganking attacks. (d) This means that one is not in control of the game one has purchased, because it all depends on whether one has managed to make friends with other players. Given human nature, it is a very much hit and miss, and ups and downs situation.

So, it is also a game which is a laboratory for interpersonal relations. Except that, the range of people is limited to wargamers, with all the peculiar problems that this entails.

The developers just don't know how to handle all that is going on. They think they are creating a naval wargame--or whatever--and find themselves in a minefield of their own making. I would be very surprised if they were not very stressed.

Sorry,

but I disagree in points a.) to c.)

a.) Sailing, even it is boring, was the biggest part of sailor life, deal with it this is not Call of Duty or Battlefield.

b.) Actual the PVP1-server is so low populated to get ganked as GB shouldn't happen often, being ganked by brits and pirates is something different. If you want to lament to get ganked as Brits, I would reply say: "Eat your own medicine!"

c.) Last time I looked on the German steam page there was following tags Early Access, OpenWorld, Seabattle and MMO. Nothing about single player game. I guess you bought the wrong game

d.) This is always a problem for MMOs, so if you dont like MMOs you bought the wrong game

I would think you have the wrong expectation on this game landlubber.

Edited by Gysendorf

Sorry,

but I disagree in points a.) to c.)

a.) Sailing, even it is boring, was the biggest part of sailor life, deal with it this is not Call of Duty or Battlefield.

b.) Actual the PVP1-server is so low populated to get ganked as GB shouldn't happen often, being ganked by brits and pirates is something different. If you want to lament to get ganked as Brits, I would reply say: "Eat your own medicine!"

c.) Last time I looked on the German steam page there was following tags Early Access, OpenWorld, Seabattle and MMO. Nothing about single player game. I guess you bought the wrong game

d.) This is always a problem for MMOs, so if you dont like MMOs you bought the wrong game

I would think you have the wrong expectation on this game landlubber.

I love these people who give you advice and tell you how wrong you were, which of course makes them so right. That's life in the multiplayer world.

In fact if you read the full speal for the game you will see that single player is included. (I note that the developers have advised that if one likes single player above all that the PvE server is the best option.) Also single player is included in the player tags for the game. But, why bother to read properly when your ego is rampant. After all, winning and losing, that's what it's all about--and rubbing shoulders with people one cannot possibly like.

Edited by Lannes

(a) One has to do a lot of sailing. Many people, including myself, find this boring. (b ) There is an increased possibility that one will be ganked. (c ) This makes it difficult to call this game a single player game, as one needs the cooperation from other players to stave off ganking attacks. (d) This means that one is not in control of the game one has purchased, because it all depends on whether one has managed to make friends with other players.

This is possible if you sail from the capital and you don't have any other outposts. Then you must sail little bit farther for missions. The solution is simple: open a new outpost in another county.

But if you do have other outposts you can do missions without much sailing.  I did several post captain and flag captain missions alone during the weekend successfully. If you select a county which is not one of the hot points, the ganking risk is quite low. And even if it is a hot point, the risk is low if your mission is far out to sea where hardly anyone sails. Most people sail near the coast or directly from one port to the other.

• Like 1

Shipbuilding, Trading and Resources

• Regional bonuses for ships introduced. Controlling certain regions will become more important if you want that particular bonus for the vessel. Capital regions will not give bonuses.

Hello,

can you please develop this? Are there any other restrictions/conditions to get the regional bonus?

I am asking because yesterday i crafted a trader lynx, common, oak, random trim (got planking), the ship was marked with the "region" (recently captured, not capital), and i didn't get any regional bonus.

That is why I would like to understand more about this regional bonuses and why i didn't get any. Is it all about the "certain"?

This is possible if you sail from the capital and you don't have any other outposts. Then you must sail little bit farther for missions. The solution is simple: open a new outpost in another county.

Exactly, open an outpost in a Freetown in enemy waters & missions & enemy ai are right there. My bucenture, which I have only used to level my officer, is stuck in Mortimer whereas my light frigates I can easily teleport from Coqubaccoa to Jamaca or the US coast by having a traders Lynx in my fleet and hitting enemy AI right outside port.

• Like 1

This endless stream of fleets is sapping my will to play  :( 

Please shring the battle circle, or eliminate AI ships form them. There is no reason to play, if i can't attack a ship...

Maybe there should be a Perk for a reduced pull circle, for wretched scum like you ;) [but only after the free officer reset goes away]

• Like 1

I would suggest, that ships joining a mission later should spawn in some distance to the battle - the later they join the bigger the distance.

Already happens. Yesterday evening myself and two of my compatriates entered an ongoing battle between a Constitution (and his AI Snows) and an AI pirate fleet, in our three Rattlesnakes. We joined after about 15 or so minutes had elapsed in the battle. It took me more than 5 minutes sailing at 14.2 knots to get into extreme range with my 4-pounder bow chasers, where I hit the Constitutions main mast by extreme luck at the maximum elevation I could get with the bows lifted by a wave. It wasn't for another five minutes that I was able to engage the Constitution with my port battery (and a lovely rake was had by all). Considering the time it took to engage (10 minutes at 14.2 knots), I think that the join distance may be great enough already.

I'm not a fan of having to go miles to finding a PVE mission again, having half an hour of sailing either side of my PVE mission is a bit much, especially to those who have time restraints on when they can play before thinking of things mission distance.

I do like the new more devastating rakes though

• Like 1

Ya know the patch has been out for a few days and i honestly cant say what i feel about it.

Other than not caring for how many ai ships are pulled into the battle screen i havent got to test the rest much.

Since i play as a true pirate my outposts are freeports that are no recoursless wasteland with na ai trade ships comming or going and nothing to buy,trade or sell.

I can sell a outpost and make a outpost in a pirate captured port but that feels wrong so im relying on captred trade ships with them either aoli or player but havent seen any ai for a while and even though there are lots more players on i cant find many.

Cant test the new ship system because i cant find the new resources to build anything but basic which at this time would be junk.

Will test things when i find them but as of now i cant.