Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

44 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I really wish that were true but what those players are in for is salt and accusations of being spies. There's almost no English being spoken in Spanish nation chat and any new player you run into seems to be faced with distrust and disdain, especially if they mention they only play during North/Central/South American and Caribbean prime times or god forbid they mention they're American. This is information gathered from multiple people mind you, and is not an isolated one-off anecdote.

It's sad, because we would welcome a rejuvenated Spain in our prime time. But given the number of your ATLAS clan members on the open world and in recent port battles it seems like even that experiment failed, thought I'd be happy to be proved wrong. :( 

In Spanish faction it's difficult for english speaking players not to feel isolated when they try to participate to global actions, it's true, same it would be for no-english speaking Spanish players trying to participate into British (or any other) faction. We can't help it.

Now, for the sake of NA PVP1 project, in order to reach equity, and since USA & Spain are neighbours, IF you could convince a group of players to join Spain, they might be able to create a strong enough group that would vacuum other english speaking players with them. This group could designate few players that would keep in touch with the other main Spanish clans, in order to be always informed about general focus.

Myself and other Spanish (who are easy talking english) would be ready to ensure this permanent contact. The main VLTRA clan will help this new group to climb XP as fast as possible. 

IF this could work, night flips effects could be much lower since it could be faught back.  

Has USA player base got the capacity to do that ?

2 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Les Cayes == 05/03/2017 == 21:19h server PVP1

PB got filled both sides, very fast battle that turned out to be a French victory.

Any vid would be welcome as well as comments from Brits to figure out what went wrong apart from bad wind.

Very Good Game All

Nothing really went well ...we probably misjudged time to sail to port against wind you had ships in all 3 circles by time we joined ... mortar brig was tagged outside and had to join a long way out .... once we got in battle wind changed in wrong direction for us ... we had to either risk tacking through wind and be possible targets for stern rake and boarding .. or turn with wind and lose  C .. your fleet was already in C we didnt have time to get back in .. .became a damage limitation exercise

A bit later than usual, but here are they anyway:

Attack on Basse-Terre: (take special note of that instant ship explosion at 30:20, skipping fire shock alltogether)

Defense of Puerto Plata: (Babay getting outsailed from around 40:00)

Attack on Port Au Prince. A lot of shit went wrong. We split into two lines at the start to force a response from the Swedish fleet, but three of our ships magically sailed right into the enemy fleet. That, combined with the failed fireship a little while later, meant that taking the port became practically impossible.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, rediii said:

Funniest part about ays:

Unbenannt.PNG

edit: For the ones that don't know. DreamMaker = translator for babay

Jajajaja, was funny. Was the best decision, my English is not very fluent and our Russian is improving

• Like 3

Guest sruPL

Great Port Battles of Little Harbour and Islamorada. Little Harbour 2 enemy killed, Islamorada 6 enemy killed. Not a single ship lost on our side in both.

097eb65d09.jpg

We start with a not  very good wind, but we got  a strategy in mind wich was pre agreed between me and augustus, to form 2 lines, cut their formation isolate some ships in the tunnel betwen our lines and push them outside their A circle, score some kills and go for the other external circle (c)  The strategy worked well we scored 4-5 kills pretty fast, (also becouse some spain went 2-3 vs me for long time spending too much ships for just 1 target) so at the end we manage to also take A. Beyond our best prevision.   Augustus was leading the group left in middle to "control" the enemy, and they not only controlled them but also manage to take A by scoring many kills  (our mortar brig forgot to bring perk so it took him forever to destroy first fort,  the idea was to bring him with the group directed to C for position him on the other side for kill the other forts )

Tbh all the enemy needed to do considering our spawn in B and our wind... was to form a line or double line in front of us and literally cage us between the small island b point and ground.   Instead they chosed to make some weird formations in the middle circle, wich we used for cutting thrue and isolate some of them while a good part of their fleet was unable to shoot (they literally formed circles) 

Edited by Lord Vicious

Don't remind me.   Spain had a chance but some lousy americans (consti,ronme,endy) tagged 5-12 of us outside of port along with 8 spain npcs.   Don't know how that BR worked there but it did and then we could not enter the battle.

Wasted my time.   Got frustrated with game and this has happened to me well over 20 times.  I have only participated in 2 port battles in over 4 months as I keep getting tagged.  I was this close to deleting this game forever.    What fun are you british/americans trying to have?  stupid lopsided bs that is literally ruining this game.   Oh..did I mention the British pirates as well.    BORING

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, Wraith said:

From a friend playing in the Spanish nation, here's the report:  
Spanish Nation chat logs from 10 hours of play on Saturday, March 4th, number of English utterances: 2.

I'll ask him to send on the logs if you'd like to see your salt aired in the open air? As far as encouraging players, I know I've actively recruited a couple of players away from Spain who I've run across in the rookie zone, wandering around like lost puppies with no one to help them out after joining Spain "because it sounded cool" but the reality was they had no one to play with. La Desconcida is a ghost town other than pirates preying on newbs and alts running resources.  The new Spanish players, some of which you can bet were U.S., just don't feel the love.

It's not about capacity, it's about desire. We like the people we play with, and like the culture of our nation. To desert them would require significant incentive, and the salt and vinegar that Spanish players tend to throw at players from the Western Alliance, especially around the night/work flip nonsense has permanently poisoned the well I fear. We've offered options in the past (at the moderated TS discussions it was proposed that informal, non-mechanic port battle timers could be instituted and agreed to, as well as simple geographic "lines in the sand"). But for a multitude of reasons distrust and fear on the Eastern Alliance side of things made these not viable. 

But at its core: very few players on the Eastern Alliance side seems willing to acknowledge the fact that U.S. and Oceanic time zone players on PvP1 have a right to be on their server and play in our prime time, even though they have those same rights. And so here we are. Is a treaty possible? Sure, bring something to the table. Are other social mechanisms possible? Sure, bring some significant incentives to the table and maybe one of the U.S. clans will bite. Many of us have proposed various mechanical solutions to test, but the dev's seem to not want to hear anything that might actually cause them some work, and they continue to choose the simplest thing that satisfies the loudest cry babies.

But continuing to moan about it isn't going to solve anything.

That is why I would like to see the United States declare war on England (as it did historically twice in game time era (1770-1820) versus just 1 year against the Spanish).   Unfortunately the political game mechanics is still flawed.   It should be fluid and non binding like it was in History.  But I really don't like seeing the Americans allying with the British.  And I am an American playing Spain because of it.   No one died in the Spanish American Quasi war if I remember.   I like History and I like playing History.  And if we can figure out how to get a decent ping to PVP1 , then those Australians and New Zealanders can play and 99% they will choose England.    But the Americans speak English and only want to speak English and game the system so much that it erodes the game of players.    I have had enough.   I will gladly change sides to United States if they declare war on England not permanently but definitely not ALLIES.    Makes me puke

48 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

Don't remind me.   Spain had a chance but some lousy americans (consti,ronme,endy) tagged 5-12 of us outside of port along with 8 spain npcs.   Don't know how that BR worked there but it did and then we could not enter the battle.

Wasted my time.   Got frustrated with game and this has happened to me well over 20 times.  I have only participated in 2 port battles in over 4 months as I keep getting tagged.  I was this close to deleting this game forever.    What fun are you british/americans trying to have?  stupid lopsided bs that is literally ruining this game.   Oh..did I mention the British pirates as well.    BORING

are you talking about Trinidad?   Because Spain has a full fleet in that battle...

1 hour ago, EL LOCO said:

That is why I would like to see the United States declare war on England (as it did historically twice in game time era (1770-1820) versus just 1 year against the Spanish).   Unfortunately the political game mechanics is still flawed.   It should be fluid and non binding like it was in History.  But I really don't like seeing the Americans allying with the British.  And I am an American playing Spain because of it.   No one died in the Spanish American Quasi war if I remember.   I like History and I like playing History.  And if we can figure out how to get a decent ping to PVP1 , then those Australians and New Zealanders can play and 99% they will choose England.    But the Americans speak English and only want to speak English and game the system so much that it erodes the game of players.    I have had enough.   I will gladly change sides to United States if they declare war on England not permanently but definitely not ALLIES.    Makes me puke

This game is not historically accurate.  There have also been attempts to ally with spain in the past against GB, we were pretty much told to F off.  

Guest sruPL

@EL LOCO If you talk about Remedios, then it was your stupid mistake. First, about 3-4 hours before PB 4 Danes 1st rates arrived and luckly logged out before anyone tagged them. Then several Swedes arrived and logged out too. Then 4 Spanish arrived, we capped 3 of them, 1 escaped. Then some more Spaniards and other enemies arrived and became an easy prize for Pirates. You think this is great strategy? Send small groups of 1st rates to logout in front of PB, 1 by 1? Thanks for all 1st rates that we manage to capture yesterday.

Guest sruPL
Just now, rediii said:

We got dragged into battle by 2 guys

Anyway, I think you can agree that it's lack or oganization and weird strategy, Danish 1st rates arriving, then Swedish, then Spanish etc.

Guest sruPL

AHOY Fishing Fleet screened French Pirate Frigate (player) in front of Trinidad before PB. This is a screenshot of Gunboat boarding Pirate Frigate:

xRyuAD.jpg

15 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

Stop the vomit. Know your enemy. Spain is at war with Great Britain not England. Please see the video below. It's so simple even a North American can understand it.

You can start puking again.

Buster

• Like 1

This topic is about good fights.  Not night flips being good or bad, not unfounded accusations of wrongdoing, not about bugs that are currently being fixed.

Further off topic posts will result in a warning.

Regarding exploiting and cheating.  All accusations of exploits or cheating are to be posted in the Tribunal, WITH acceptable proof.  Accusations are not to be made in the forums at large, nor are unfounded, unproven accusations.  If you have proof, great, go to Tribunal and post it.  If instead you're going to run around pointing fingers and causing problems, you'll find your ability to post curtailed.

You can view the new rule here:

Let's get back on topic.

• Like 6