Game-Labs Forum

Danish and Pirate clan "Sorry" are now at war

helgur

We in Denmark-Norway must consider our nation in an all out war versus the pirates!

Id say we make an anti-pirate alliance together with the glorius british nation and our old and fine neighbours in Sweden!

To WAR!

Nice try. 

It's just defending against SORRY, no all out war against pirates.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 2

Some one tell me, what is the difference between wiping the pirates back to one port, and wiping any other nation back to one port? Its all players behind the keyboard, just a different colour flag behind the ship.

Spain France and the Danes were all quite happy to work with the pirates, why on earth should only the pirates have to pay the full price? I hear all this nonsense we need Spain to have ports blah blah blah, what makes them any different?

Many Spanish even switched to the Pirate nation and then switched back again when things didn't go so well.

I certainly don't like the pirates and happy to see them killed , but the French stand out as the ones who really need a good battering if anyone does.

It's just me, or the Danes bulit up the perfect casus belli to switch on the side of the winners?

It won't happen and the respect for the Danes is so high among the Brits that there's talk of providing them with ships as long as they keep on coming to Jamaica and giving us great PVP

• Like 5

It might just be. :)

Sounds like our clans principals are very closely aligned.

We should really be brothers in arms. Allies against all those power mongers regardless of flag.

Freedom over Nation! What do you say?

Pirates are no nation. Pirates are the smallpox of this game. Its indeed so sad to see my very own nation succumb to an alliance with this package of bacterial influx. A nation with high standards should never - ever allies itself with those kind of players. Apart from that we might agree on some things...

Edited by fox2run

The difference being the majority of players view pirates as "pirates". Not as nationals. And as many in this game tend to have some knowledge of history, many players have different ROE regarding them. If you follow the forums, then you would see that this is one of the major contentions and mechanic discussions. Just because the devs let them play as "nationals", doesn't mean that all players have to regard them as such.

Plus: it's always fun when you see a rotten fruit fall from the tree.

• Like 3

It might just be. :)

Sounds like our clans principals are very closely aligned.

We should really be brothers in arms. Allies against all those power mongers regardless of flag.

Freedom over Nation! What do you say?

the current bid amongst DN players for fox2run to switch to pirates is at 25 million. Still he refuses to leave.

Edit: 30 MILLION NOW.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 5

Its not against all pirates.Just against that one clan which dont have any respect, not even towards their own allies...

All this because one silly clan leader who thinks he can do whatever he wishes and that all pirates follow him and his personal agenda and urge for being supreme revenger...

Whole pirate situation just culminates to that single no-lifer player, he and his utterly childish behaviour...

All pirates can think what kind of "leader" you have when hes only showing for power is only finding easy targets in order to get personal merits and satisfaction.

Hell, most players respect certain pirate clans who fight honourable way and fair, but not this kind of playing style where only way for him to get results is to seek easy targets...coward, liar, untrusted rat...and for him its just "selective targeting" :)

I didnt see kid Vicious in Haiti port battles...he was busy hiding himself and his fleets when all other pirates fought bravely for port ownerships...

Yet some pirates still see him as strong leader?only sorry guys i saw in Haiti battles were few random guys, rest were from other clans.Still kid Vicious talks like he has done something?Ganking randoms with huge fleet is only merit this coward has from Haiti campaign...

• Like 2

SORRY clan members number is increasing day by day. We invite all who do not want NA to be changed in one big "No PvP area" which seems to be main goal of Dolphin-Kitten-Unicorn Alliance...

Oops, Lord Viscus used to be very selective on recruiting, now every new player that appears have a spot in SORRY. That's cannon fodder?

Karma....

Exploit and cheat a game and try to blatantly lie to it's player base to take a game beyond a game and make it a personal agenda to piss off as many people as you can and overpower other players that tested the game properly and destroy their ability to properly test the game before release needs to be addressed .

It is not a war against a Pirate faction, Nation,  Player base.. It is a Adjustment that should of happened quite awhile ago to a very few select members of a clan that truly don't give a shit about the game or anything or anyone else except ruining the game for as many people as they can and inflating their ego as much as they can in order to feel better about themselves and have a sense of personal worth..

One of the main things I truly like about this game is it is not a requirement that you have to act like a total irrational asshat to play as a pirate here in fact the majority of the Pirate faction as good gamers that enjoy playing the game as a game and go about their daily lives.

It seems the community of Nations see what is going on and are fed up with the crap coming from the top of ONE of the pirate clans :Sorry" and see the results of the top leaders asshat actions is having on the game.

That players and  Nations are willing in some part to cease or at least slow down actions against each other and temper their dislike for one another as opposite nations should speak very loudly to the Sorry clan ...You went waaaay too far with the bullshit, cheating and lying and the Leadership of this Clan is fully to blame as they turned it from roleplaying to something way beyond that.

Nice to see the player base uniting in part to realize crap like this from players won't be just ignored. Refreshing to see in todays gamer society that people actually care about the direction this game goes.

Karma..yea she has a way of biting you in the ass if you go too far.

• Like 2

First let me say

a) I am not by any stretch of the imagination a top player, (I have an alt called "Collide", you may have bumped into him - here all season)

b )  I am a pirate. (spit)

c) I am a SORRY clan member (double spit)

Still reading??? ..... thanks ....

It seems to me that a substantial amount of complaining about the pirates is not anti-pirate but anti "Viscious". In that excellent and well thumbed Jeheil rag "Letter to the King", Jeheil mentions pirate PR traits and a resultant "lack of sympathy" for the Pirates. No doubt a thinly veiled finger wave in the direction of the SORRY clan leader.   

As a slight recap DEATH OF THE GAME was announced following much wailing and throwing of teddies when once the SORRY set about the US. Not the whole pirate community took the US apart mind you, just the SORRY clan; less than half of the Pirate nation. The US game death notices echoed the earlier sentiments of the hapless Spaniards who a few weeks earlier had been bullied and pinioned back to a few ports on Cuba by the very same US players now calling foul as they dismounted their high horse rearwards. The shouts of GAME DEATH decreased once the Pirates were pushed back by four nations (now five by the opening post; giggling is not easy at my age). How strange that the player base solution to the apparent cause of game death was to replicate it, and continue to do so.

As a result of all this carry-on the Pirates are:

a) to be declared not to be a Nation,

b ) not historically accurate (love it),

c) not allowed to build ships (see "b"),

d) not to hold ports (prefer rum) and,

e) to cap it all a special officer perk to kill pirates is provided for those needing special assistance.

f) ffs

Now, put your pride and hurt in a special place and admit that this is all because one guy, with his chums wiped the floor with a number of nation players by great game play. Pirate nerfing is not the solution to your Lord Viscious problem, superior play is, improve your game play not your moaning. Better still become a Pirate and take on the games biggest challenge of fighting five nations AND the nerf.

It is possible that if the Pirates carry on being nerfed "trader cutters only", "no cannon", "ramming reportable" and so on that SORRY may decide, reluctantly, to join a Nation and continue the good fight on a more level playing field to roll up one nation or another again. 

Personally as a Pirate I don't need sympathy or anyone leaving my ports alone, or any care-bear alliance and I am a rather disappointed some do. However, I am glad we are ALL playing this fantastic game and that we should all strive to improve it. When making suggestions please try and suggest a game mod that you would be attracted to play not one that gets SORRY out of the way.

Remember we Pirate Clans can nationalise somewhere, go rouge and set up an anarcho-syndicalist commune in your back yard, seems to be working for the Dutch!

Can I also mention RUBLI clan whose language on Nation chat is excellent and free of both profanity and legibility, a fearless bunch of Russian players that have given great service to the pirate cause, legend mates .

If you have managed to read this far you are far too literate to be a pirate.

oh...don't forget to double charge your balls, she'll be pleased when at full sail.

Buster Bloodvessel's Parrot.

PS Jeheil, say high to the King from Buster, he used to swing from yard arms for him.

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 5

First of all: I agree. I have always said there should be a decent place in this game for pirates and that in their own way they should be allowed to be a nation.

Again, my negative feelings are only against SORRY and Vicious.

Can I also mention RUBLI clan whose language on Nation chat is excellent and free of both profanity and legibility, a fearless bunch of Russian players that have given great service to the pirate cause, legend mates .

Quoted for truth <3

And right now it is in all nations interest to get rid of the pirate plague. Long have we fought a fruitless war versus the british while the pirate cancer has weakened our body. Now it is time to act! 

We in Denmark-Norway must consider our nation in an all out war versus the pirates!

The SORRY clan is part of the Pirate "Nation". However, the Pirate "nation" is not the SORRY clan. It's like apples and fruits : Apple is a fruit, however all fruits are not apples. So please, avoid lumping together "Pirates" and the "SORRY clan" that way. The Danish clearly stated and I quote :

the Danish nation is at war with the Pirate clan “Sorry”, and any pirate that might aid them. This situation will last until the SORRY clan has been expelled from the Antilles treaty borders.

As Tenakha stated, our council is gathering to speak about this matter. Meanwhile we will defend our friends and allies ports if they are attacked.

• Like 1

This all shows the very reason why high-contested games might need following things:

1. clan based pirate factions (making them special; and as LV stated, with an own flag !) (not so difficult to implement; I´ll give it a short post tonight) 

2. reasonable winning conditions to bring a FULL-STOP to situations like this one.

LV cannot and will not be eliminated, nor do I believe will he be p** off. The only ones you hit with this war

on all Pirates are the "casuals" and the new player pouring in. And these are the ones, he certainly does not

care about as long they are not in his clan. You CANNOT rage WAR against a single CLAN and their allies.

The game mechanics DO not support it. You HIT ALL pirates.

All this can be solved only by "peace" as pirates cannot be annihilated, only players might leave (exit).

And this can never be in any interest of any gamer.

Peace can be achieved in 2 ways

1. contract (3 adm. treaty)

2. enforced by brutal force

No. 2 can never be achieved the game works right now, no matter how hard you try.

In my view, in this game. USA has been "beaten"

and Pirates are beaten now.

1st simple rule: you "lost" if you own less than 3. 4, 5 (xy) ports

2nd rule: you "lost" if you don´t own ports producing a specific ressource (as we have)

Their are different ways to "scale" it. Make it simple, or more complicated based on players numbers and so on.

But PIRATES as a "black flag nation" have lost, and not only a single clan, ALL lost. Game over.

This "nation" somehow need to cease to exist, but might be reinstalled in a different manner.

If game mechanics supported an "enforced peace" could work like this:

- all last 5 taken ports are auto-transferred to Pirates again

- no PBs on or by the Pirates for the next 3 weeks

Only "winnning something" and giving winning points or something like this, could solve this situation.

Otherwise, it´d go on like this forever......"hahaha you cannot beat us we dont need ports blabababaalalalal

we NEVER LOOSE YARRRSA you need 4 vs. 1 now 5 vs. 1 carebears bababakalalaaöaaöaöaöblalalala"

Rubbish.

And yes, most players have accepted the "beating down to 1 port" as an IMPLICIT winning condition !

I don´t accept this winning condition, this is crap. Britain can never been beaten down to 1 port, what are you comparing here?

Apples and peas? If there´d be winning condition, it needed to be fitted to the seize of the nation.

As a single pirate, I SURRENDER !

(I am just showing up here, trying to point on mechanics, trying to improve the game. Nothing else.)

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

I do not have any negative feeling against any pirate player per se. I just want the faction wiped out or maybe - in my lightest moments - contained to the shores of Bermuda... Too many times they have backstapped my fellow countrymen. Too many ships I have lost versus these semi-maritime vultures as I was in good faith.

Yesterday was a date which will live in infamy when Macao was lost by a deliberate surprise-attack by the mighty pirate forces. 

This humiliating defeat is just the latest of a series of events, where pirates have hunted, sunked, backstabbed and violated ordinary and noble seamen from the humble danish-norwegian nation. All treaties and bargains with these unreliable jellyfish are from now on to be considered null and void.

• Like 1