Game-Labs Forum

Danish and Pirate clan "Sorry" are now at war

helgur

Yeahhh you pretty much declared war on the pirates. You can't just tag one clan and expect the others to play your carebear games.

So if the situation was reversed, if we started attacking your ports it would have been you who declared war on us, not the other way around?

An honorary graduate of Lord Vicious school of logic, I presume?

And your "rant" about carebears is also nonsensical

• Like 1

So if the situation was reversed, if we started attacking your ports it would have been you who declared war on us, not the other way around?

An honorary graduate of Lord Vicious school of logic, I presume?

And your "rant" about carebears is also nonsensical

Ports don't matter to pirates. We're not a nation. We'll just gank your traders. Keep up with the times cloggers.

• Like 1

Ports don't matter only when you lose them.  But when you take enemy ports, that is everything.

What happens when SORRY declares war on one clan?  Oh, hey, that is ok, they can do it.  But if anyone declares war on them, they can't.

• Like 1

I literally said 'Oh, my gosh' out loud. My husband was wondering what happened. Seriously, what is with all this peace!? Is it going to be everyone vs pirates?! Yay, more fun for me!

Apparently they used the excuse of SORRY attacking one port, with the intention of using it to get behind the Swedish advance, to adjust their game wide alliances. To recapture that one port they apparently need to stop fighting both a Brits and Sweden and concentrate on pirates.

Meanwhile, Brit is allied to Dutch, USA and cease fire with Spain.

Basically the only nation anyone on the West side of the map can wage PBs against is the Pirates.

Now since our clan is considered KOS by SORRY and banned from Pirate PB participation by them, I'm finding this whole turn of "everyone vs. the pirates" events hilarious.

• Like 4

I am going to be perfectly honest. I personally think Sorry would let us take back the port in the end, if we would have agreed to their ultimatum. But we have no interest in:

1) Being manipulated and intimidated by so called "friends" and

2) Having the Swedish nation burned to the ground and replaced with pirates right next door to our home waters

We would much rather see a thriving pirate faction in Haiti, near their own home waters. This is off course wishful thinking, in the current situation of the game where they are at war with every conceivable piece of wood that floats on the seas. Which is a shame, which makes it even more puzzling why they decided to take this route and decide to declare war on the only Nation left which have friendly(ish) feelings towards them. But I'll let Lord Vicious explain that one, I am sure he has an explanation.

As to the second point, I've explained to my fellow Danish players why I am against this. Which I have some pretty good reasons for, but won't go into detail here. Most of us are pretty unified in this conflict against the Sorry clan, despite our present history.

I'm just going to throw this out here while I grab some more popcorn.

If SORRY could actually "burn down the Swedish nation" why would they even need your port. There is plenty of Swedish ones near Pirate home waters for them take if they could. Just sayin.....

• Like 1

I'm just going to throw this out here while I grab some more popcorn.

If SORRY could actually "burn down the Swedish nation" why would they even need your port. There is plenty of Swedish ones near Pirate home waters for them take if they could. Just sayin.....

In order to be successful in putting the Swedes out of action, in a few but swift blows they need a close staging port where they also can buy flags near their home waters (or else the Swedes would have too much time to react while their flag sailed from the other side of the map). I also might point out that "Burning the Swedish nation" was his (LV) words to me. Taking those ports would have had a severe impact on the Swedish playerbase, I'm sure most people would agree.

Also the "cauldron" that consists of Northern Haiti and the ports near Mortimer Town is in the vicinity of ports owned by all the other nations who are fighting Sorry/Pirates. The reason they can't take any of the Swedish ports there is because of the combined pressure and support from all the other Nations. If Sorry could frogleap their way over to the Swedes quickly (if we would have helped them, they would have been given access to Spanish Town from day 1. Not Macao), they would negate all that support.

• Like 1

The spanish have been also attacked for several days by pirates... They werent SORRY but i really dont know what the hell is going on to promote these attacks.

Note: Im talking of big fleets composed of heavy ships.

Maybe you should learn more about the matter before making posts like this and furthermore spreading misinformation.

10ish 3d rates coming for good fights is hardly "big fleets composed of heavy ships", specially considering that we always allow spaniards to freely form 25 stack as well as allow them to engange us at their will. After each of those fights spanish themselves GGed and said they enjoyed the fights. I'm sorry if 10 ships with sails down in front of the capital scared some trader lynx.

On topic, hopefully all brainless sheep will quit or switch to some nation together with instigators once they realize that being dumb ain't going to achieve anything. I had a bad feeling it's exactly how it panned out to be when I was told PB is agreed with danes. Hoped that it's actually danes waking up from their sleep, but appears that will not happen due to inability to be at least half arsed in politics and diplomacy by certain people. Pitty since it could have been an interesting turn of events, but instead we will just move towards more stagnation.

Edited by Aphilas

Dear all ambassadors of the royal houses of Europe.

For the good of civilization the nations must all unite in order to get rid of the pirate plague, that so long has taken in place in the Carribian. I suggest we stop all hostilities the nations in between in order to roll back the pirate free-riders. For too long this band of thieves and sea-beggars have tried skillfully to rule the diplomatic times and in a very very cunningly way putted our glorius nations up amongst eachother. Id say we steamroll the pirates all the way to the rope. We can not make war in any controlled and civilized way as long as the pirate menace and their hordes of uncontrollable backstabbers dictate our common policies.

Load the cannons - unite! And get rid of the crossbone-filth!

Kind regards fox2run - (Denmark-Norway) 

Nope, the war was initiated by your clan leader when he attacked our ports. We didn't ask for this war. And we are not at war with the Pirates, only Sorry and any pirate that aid them in taking our ports (which also has been extended to Swedish ports since we now are in an alliance with them, after you declared war on us).

If you manage to put a spin on that, I'll actually be impressed. It can't be more clear cut.

so we can sail your waters as long as no flag?  is that ok?

In order to be successful in putting the Swedes out of action, in a few but swift blows they need a close staging port where they also can buy flags near their home waters (or else the Swedes would have too much time to react while their flag sailed from the other side of the map). I also might point out that "Burning the Swedish nation" was his (LV) words to me. Taking those ports would have had a severe impact on the Swedish playerbase, I'm sure most people would agree.

Also the "cauldron" that consists of Northern Haiti and the ports near Mortimer Town is in the vicinity of ports owned by all the other nations who are fighting Sorry/Pirates. The reason they can't take any of the Swedish ports there is because of the combined pressure and support from all the other Nations. If Sorry could frogleap their way over to the Swedes quickly (if we would have helped them, they would have been given access to Spanish Town from day 1. Not Macao), they would negate all that support.

so let me clarify.

Your at war with Sorry and only other pirate clans if there are flags involved because your having a carebare cuddle with the swedes because their feels could get hurts?

and sailing a ship with pirate colours through your waters is fine unless we have Sorry tags.   and you wont be letting swedes take ports closer to pirates because you also dont want to hurts and nations in case their player base gets hurt...

i think this is a bit like hiding the soft toy from your sister.

We in Denmark-Norway must consider our nation in an all out war versus the pirates!

Id say we make an anti-pirate alliance together with the glorius british nation and our old and fine neighbours in Sweden!

To WAR!

Edited by fox2run

Can you sail this flag so we can identify the enemy please. All these rules on who i can sail with from my nation is confusing me.

daneflag.jpg

In case anyone cares AUSFC declares war on all Lefthanded Vegans who are Scientologists and don't eat tofu.....

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 14

Otto, no one feels sorry for sorry.  We will be sure to avoid wiping out nationals, but no one cares if sorry is wiped out.

The number of nations doesn't matter, as I've said before.  What matters is the numbers of players and material.  Vicious says Sorry alone destroyed the US.  That isn't true.  The pirates were winning the war against the US when Sorry was part of the US.  Sorry used the ai exploit to level up fast and get large ships, and could man extremely heavy fleets, whereas the entire US faction couldn't man 1/4 of what Sorry alone had because the rest of us didnt use it.  When Stephen Decatur reported the exploit and got it removed, all of sorry was in an uproar.  So when sorry turned pirate it tipped the scales big time.  We were barely holding out before, we were losing ground daily, but sorry changing sides made any opposition almost impossible.  So ya, sure, it took a lot of nations to defeat sorry, because they could field more than nations because their ranks swelled so large and people saw them as the winning side and gladly joined forces with them.  They also took a ton of US players who were coming from pvp2. And you forget that every time a nation starts to lose, scores of people join the pirates.  So no one feels sorry for them.  Vicious is the cause of this and has brought it on to sorry members.  What is interesting is that TDA has more long time members still around and playing the game than Sorry does.  If you look at the new photos Vicious posts, besides a very small amount of long timers, the vast majority are relatively new.  Whereas TDA hasn't recruited in a long while, and has the same core and just about the same amount of active players as sorry did prior to its recent surge in recruitment.  Why is it we hear rumors of people leaving sorry all the time?  Why is it that we have sorry members telling TDA members when we fight them without other sorry members present, that they don't want to lose the last dura on their ship because they are too afraid to ask Vicious or others to help them with getting decent full dura ships?  They are too afraid when LV brags that he has 4 accounts, 125m gold, and 50m in resources?  Then you have old streams with Vicious yelling at everyone.  http://www.hitbox.tv/video/955555 30:30, 36:30, 1:15:30, 1:20:00 are interesting.  Many people in sorry are fine, but they don't know what they are really part of.  If you join sorry, you will always have everyone against you, because everyone else except you hate Vicious.  Don't complain about everyone being against you when you join the most hated clan in naval action.  How many have joined forces against sorry now?  That should be a sign.

• Like 3

Otto, no one feels sorry for sorry.  We will be sure to avoid wiping out nationals, but no one cares if sorry is wiped out.

The number of nations doesn't matter, as I've said before.  What matters is the numbers of players and material.  Vicious says Sorry alone destroyed the US.  That isn't true.  The pirates were winning the war against the US when Sorry was part of the US.  Sorry used the ai exploit to level up fast and get large ships, and could man extremely heavy fleets, whereas the entire US faction couldn't man 1/4 of what Sorry alone had because the rest of us didnt use it.  When Stephen Decatur reported the exploit and got it removed, all of sorry was in an uproar.  So when sorry turned pirate it tipped the scales big time.  We were barely holding out before, we were losing ground daily, but sorry changing sides made any opposition almost impossible.  So ya, sure, it took a lot of nations to defeat sorry, because they could field more than nations because their ranks swelled so large and people saw them as the winning side and gladly joined forces with them.  They also took a ton of US players who were coming from pvp2. And you forget that every time a nation starts to lose, scores of people join the pirates.  So no one feels sorry for them.  Vicious is the cause of this and has brought it on to sorry members.  What is interesting is that TDA has more long time members still around and playing the game than Sorry does.  If you look at the new photos Vicious posts, besides a very small amount of long timers, the vast majority are relatively new.  Whereas TDA hasn't recruited in a long while, and has the same core and just about the same amount of active players as sorry did prior to its recent surge in recruitment.  Why is it we hear rumors of people leaving sorry all the time?  Why is it that we have sorry members telling TDA members when we fight them without other sorry members present, that they don't want to lose the last dura on their ship because they are too afraid to ask Vicious or others to help them with getting decent full dura ships?  They are too afraid when LV brags that he has 4 accounts, 125m gold, and 50m in resources?  Then you have old streams with Vicious yelling at everyone.  http://www.hitbox.tv/video/955555 30:30, 36:30, 1:15:30, 1:20:00 are interesting.  Many people in sorry are fine, but they don't know what they are really part of.  If you join sorry, you will always have everyone against you, because everyone else except you hate Vicious.  Don't complain about everyone being against you when you join the most hated clan in naval action.  How many have joined forces against sorry now?  That should be a sign.

this is a war game. you want to make a coalition of 800 players to stop a clan? you are free to do so. many enemies, much honor

• Like 1

I still maintain....the in game diplomacy can NEVER be as good as the player created diplomacy.

When I get back into my chair (having just fallen out of it) I shall watch this one with appropriate WTF just happened there then eyes !!

And so another episode begins.

Jeheil, I agree wholeheartedly!

The freebooters, individualistic sea rovers living of plunder, as far as I could understand, shall not support nor fire a gun in anger in support of self nominated Princes of Pirates under a Lord which is neither a lord nor a pirate let alone a prince of thieves.

Long gone are wars and many battles from another lives. The gallantry and bravery, testified by this captain, of the "viking" nations will overcome the rowdy manners and fictional heroism of the "US rebels pirate wannabes".

• Like 8

Sorry members being delusional and butthurt ITT.

To address the silly notion that everyone declaring war against Sorry only want carebearing and that Sorry is "te only true 'lite peeweepee clan on pvp1" because "who are we going to fight when all the pirate ports are eliminated", what happens with port captures in the next few days game mechanics wise is inconsequential. Map wipe is going to make any gains or loss by any nation null and void. One of the things that is going to stay as is, in the game is the players, however. And with the players, is their feelings and sentiments regarding the actions taken by the nations before the wipe. Denmark Norway, despite sharing common goals with the pies previously, does not brake it's treaties or go back on their word.

Speaking off holding true to your word.

As mentioned in the OP, your lord claimed that the two diplomats he allegedly made this secret pact with from Denmark-Norway, 1) came to him and that it was we who wanted Sorry to attack the Swedes and 2) if we didn't allow the Sorry to go through with this unhindered, he would release the chat logs from those diplomats.

Now, I know for a fact that the first claim is a lie. Since I wasn't actually physically present at the meeting I can't say for certain one way or the other about the other claim. But given Vicious demeanor, throwing tantrums and rage quitting TS, I'm not going to hold my breath for him releasing said logs about what was actually agreed upon, either. Nevertheless, I wouldn't speak so loudly about "brainless sheeps", and "inability to be at least half arsed in politics and diplomacy" when you uncritically takes someone like that on his word, and lets a guy who's vocabulary being limited by hissyfits and ragequits lead your diplomacy.

Either way, the diplomats having the misfortune to deal with him all deny any such agreement taking place. But sure. We're only doing this because we want "carebearing", right? If that's all you need lull youself into your false sense of "we're the only pvpers in the game" bias, I won't stop you. But i do pity you.

• Like 3

Hello, boys.

First off all let me wonder, why no one ask LG before declaring war to Sorry? Our council seems like never works in proper way, talking as RDNN mouth without any discussion. 

About Sorry:

Weak a go we sail around sorry and other pirates clans near Inagua, trying to screen. We didn't attack pirates, even those who was known as unloyal gankers. Pirates doesn't attack us also. Something changed, I suppose. As wise man said somewhere above, there is enough swedish ports close to pirates. Going to their capital and surrounding towns is pointless untill they have port on west - tactical fail. Going there trough our land without permission is strategy fail.

So we believe our dear red jacket enemy and co still are enemy. Besides that incident our clan support aliance with pirates, excluding Sorry, BF and TDS (if I remember correct- lavache gankers clan). Changing leadership in Sorry could be also wise step. That person did two fails per one move.  

You guys seems to forget that there are no friends in diplomacy. Only interests. And right now it is in all nations interest to get rid of the pirate plague. Long have we fought a fruitless war versus the british while the pirate cancer has weakened our body. Now it is time to act! 

First off all let me wonder, why no one ask LG before declaring war to Sorry? Our council seems like never works in proper way, talking as RDNN mouth without any discussion.

The wardec is just a formality, Sorry initiated the war when they attacked us. We can't decide if our former friends are going to attack us or not, no matter how much faith people have in our council. Or as Vicious put it: "We don't give a f*** what happens to Denmark, we are going through with this with or without your permission".

• Like 1

You have 7 ports but your ships are a menace to our trade! Cancer shouldnt have the smallest chance to grow. Yesterday I fought gallantly but to no avail in my Ingermanland to defend Macao. I had 3 pirate Santissimads around me and withstood thousands of cannonballs before the ships was sunk... You may have a small amount of ports, but you are a very dangerous sort of cancer that need urgent surgery!