Game-Labs Forum

Official approvement of the Three Admirals Treaty by the Dutch Nation High Council

Dick Brave

Well. If the general position of the USA players are the same, then War. No problem with that. Anyway, IMHO, when the three most populated factions on the server (British, Dutch and USA), all of them allied against the spanish, i think their intention is very clear, kick us from the server and play without us. Must be the spanish trust in the "good intentions" of the other factions? In this moment i cannot trust also in reach a agreement.

Not at all. Before this mess, all we wanted was to be Spain's friend and possibly an ally. The only reason Spain are/were at war with three factions is because Spain back-stabbed and betrayed every one of those nations.

The thing that drives me crazy is all these people from the Spanish rank and file who just want to end the war for a bit. Yet, when we attempt to bring about such a peace, the Spanish are not willing to compromise, or in most cases, even talk to us. If you want peace, then force your "leaders" to listen to you and sue for peace.

You are dreaming.

For once we agree on something.

Not at all. Before this mess, all we wanted was to be Spain's friend and possibly an ally. The only reason Spain are/were at war with three factions is because Spain back-stabbed and betrayed every one of those nations.

The thing that drives me crazy is all these people from the Spanish rank and file who just want to end the war for a bit. Yet, when we attempt to bring about such a peace, the Spanish are not willing to compromise, or in most cases, even talk to us. If you want peace, then force your "leaders" to listen to you and sue for peace.

For once we agree on something.

Let's be clear for once since only clarity leads to solutions.

Spanish diplomatic action is hindered by one main problem: big spanish clans are divided basically in two parties (pro and against one certain big clan). Everything comes from that.

But I assume that foreign diplomats are perfectly aware of that.

• Like 1

Let's be clear for once since only clarity leads to solutions.

Spanish diplomatic action is hindered by one main problem: big spanish clans are divided basically in two parties (pro and against one certain big clan). Everything comes from that.

But I assume that foreign diplomats are perfectly aware of that.

so civil war? tell them to duel then :lol:

... IMHO, when the three most populated factions on the server (British, Dutch and USA), all of them allied against the spanish, i think their intention is very clear, kick us from the server and play without us. ...

This is nonsense. Neither the Brits, the U.S. not the Dutch will win anything by sweeping the Spanish out of the Map.

Actually we would loose an opponent to fight and as a result of this we would loose players. So this can't be our intention.

And that is exactly what the Three Admirals Treaty is about: Ensure that all three factions have a healthy economy and player base and some regions where they are safe while having fun around a common battle zone.

It is NOT a PEACE treaty!

It is just an agreement about a Port-Battle war zone. And it is actually about keeping the Spaniards in the game. Therefore it should be in the interest of the Spanish to have ALL their direct neighbors in that treaty, including the U.S.

But they won't... so what? 

And don't blame us, that we stand with our allies. We have a long term and faithful relationship with the U.S. 

Reliable allies are something one should honour. 

Spaniards should better think twice when they are talking to Pirates. Pirates are... now, they are Pirates.

• Like 5

Yet in reality Spain only ever reached a 3-port nation, after which the Brits realised it was essentially untenable to try and keep the Spanish nation contained to only La Habana.

Since then, there's been multiple attempts to try and broker something less than all-out war between GB and ESP but nothing has ever come to fruition because of mutual distrust and disillusionment between the two factions.

Nowadays? The majority of GB players seem less than willing to even bother fighting the Spanish whatsoever, hence the unilateral declaration by the Brits to avoid taking the fight further up the Cuban coastline. 

There's no moral high-ground to be held by any nation in this game, so all the complaints over unfair advantages and past slights between the vying nations are entirely pointless. 

• Like 3

Will all the slaves of the British Council please calm down and let those few Brits have their gentleman's petty war at Xpu Ha.

Don't forget to salute when the Rear Admirals sail by...

Will all the slaves of the British Council please calm down and let those few Brits have their gentleman's petty war at Xpu Ha.

Don't forget to salute when the Rear Admirals sail by...

Meanwhile in Mortimer town....

Edited by Gooneybird

Pure democracy didn't work well for the men of the Bounty. They all ended up turning on themselves and killing each other. The world needs a little social order!

;-)

o7

"..."

"Wot!? I thought we were supposed to salute arrogant British Rear Admiral pricks, not?"

• Like 1

Some pirates had been more reliable and helpful than we were allied with the British who only conquered ports from us.

Our good neighboor (US) sat there doing nothing (enjoying the view probably judging by comments in this forum) while the british tried to reduce us to one port nation. And, at the time of the British declaration of war we were fighting the Pirates, so their help came weeks after. Even more, the british and the usa around that time were not allied at all against the Pirate threat.

If the usa really wanted some good relationship with us even small gestures of support would have improved a lot our judge about them.

At the time of the war between you and Britain we were not allied with either one of you. We had made a friendly treaty with both the Spanish and the Brits which protected our borders but allowed for open water pvp with certain caveats. All three nations made these treaties at the same time and in the same room. We heard the treaty between spain and England and they heard the treaty between us and Spain.

Immediately after the signing of the treaty the Britain/Spanish broke down and turned into war. To this day the US doesn't know whos at fault for that break down. Since we were attempting to build relationships with both nations, it was not our place or in our interest to support either one of them in the war.

The US had no obligation, you see, to protect Spain. The relationship with the British was their concern not our and our treaty with Spain was nowhere near an alliance. Even though that was the case we ensured the Spanish nation through the Diplomat Gaizka at the time that the ports in the gulf that the British took were fair game to the Spanish even if those ports violated the agreement we had with them because we didn't feel that we could tell them not to wage a war against there enemy. We discussed the port transfer to our agreed upon lines would take place at a later date.

To the British we said similar things. They had taken Spanish ports above the line that they were not supposed to transgress but we didn't feel we had the right to tell them not to wage war with their enemies whereever they were. They wanted to give those ports to us. We agreed with the expectation that we would return them to the Spanish but that couldn't happen until the conclusion of the war between Spain and England. Otherwise, it would appear that we were gaining on the backs of those we were trying to be friends with.

I don't know how else a non-ally could have helped you while at the same time trying to protect the relationship we were building with the Brits, our long time rival.

It would have been greatly appreaciated at those times that your guys didnt attacked our ships around our own capital La Habana, even low level and noobs. We were at war with the biggest nation, losing ships, ports and guys every day, and you didnt mind cause it was fun to see how we lose even more ships. We end literally burn of reading all the complains about ganking usa squads.

Your guys could be doing pvp somewhere else (I remember you, not friendly pirates at las bahamas) but you decided that toying with a nation at his weakest hour was cool.

OW was allowed, yes I know, but that shouldnt have prevented some thinking. I dont know you mate, but If I want to be friendly with anyone I wont fuck him nearly every day. If you think we are very sensitive people, go to Kingston and begin to gank there, Im quite sure the british council will be delighed. 

Let's be honest. Same could be said for the Spanish out of Sunbury at that time. Who started what will never be known and neither of us had any control of what our players do other then removing them from clans. 

Im honest and with the war against the British I reallyyyyy doubt any clan had gone so far looking for pvp (Sunbury, really?) when we had a war so close. I was in a major clan and we have never reached Jobe or Rio Seco. We always went to the South or to the West looking for british players.

Yes Sunbury. so as you can see knowing what your own clan members are up to is already a huge task. Knowing what your nation players are up to is practically impossible and you can't do anything to stop them. Hence why the diplomacy/alliance was voted so high.

Does anyone think the Danes Pirates and Spanish would of offered Britain terms once they had half of Jamaica? I think not. The Spanish should be wiped from the map just like the Pirates, and when that is done, all eyes should turn east and give the French their just deserts along with the Danes. The French and Danes have raided British waters constantly while their own home waters remain fairly safe. Wiping the Spanish off the map would provide a good chance to turn east and get some pay back without having to worry about the western front.

Its peace treaties like this that will turn off the player base from boredom and lack of goals and ambition rather than winning or loosing wars.

In my opinion the Danes need a total crushing like they gave the Swedes, and the French what can you say about them? They really need to feel some pain in their home waters and feel what its like to come under attack from multiple foes in their own back yard I would love to see them get what they deserve once and for all.

Pirates cannot be wiped. There will always be some trader crying out in nation chat that it is being attacked in territorial waters and want to know what !? Seldom anyone shows up to save it.

No way to save them anyway if you aren't on scene already. And patrolling lost it's charm long before the magic pirate 1 knot advantage or why waste time chasing them.

Does anyone think the Danes Pirates and Spanish would of offered Britain terms once they had half of Jamaica? I think not. The Spanish should be wiped from the map just like the Pirates, and when that is done, all eyes should turn east and give the French their just deserts along with the Danes. The French and Danes have raided British waters constantly while their own home waters remain fairly safe. Wiping the Spanish off the map would provide a good chance to turn east and get some pay back without having to worry about the western front.

Its peace treaties like this that will turn off the player base from boredom and lack of goals and ambition rather than winning or loosing wars.

In my opinion the Danes need a total crushing like they gave the Swedes, and the French what can you say about them? They really need to feel some pain in their home waters and feel what its like to come under attack from multiple foes in their own back yard I would love to see them get what they deserve once and for all.

Great idea!!!

Wipe all nations from the server, and let´s make a great, happy red map where Britain rules the waves!!!, Let's see how much fun you have trading fish meat and drinking tea by yourselves.

Really, you should think twice before starting to type this kind of ideas. It just gives us a measure of your quality as a person, and as a player, which I'm afraid is not very high.

Thank God the majority of players in this game are reasonable and mature people that have realized this game is about naval combat, not territorial annexation or national humiliation. In order to have fun, we need as many other players from other factions as possible. If I could not go visit our Dutch friends in Wilhemstadt, or the British traders off Jamaica... If i did not have the pleasure of intercepting them off Havana when they come visit us, the game would be dead for me, so I want all nations to be strong, active and picking on each other constantly.

As I said, think hard before you put these things in writing.

Sincerely.

Brigadier Don Sancho Navarro

• Like 3

No way to save them anyway if you aren't on scene already. And patrolling lost it's charm long before the magic pirate 1 knot advantage or why waste time chasing them.

I would say it is more of a question trying to chase pirate schooners with heavy frigates ( in our case ) but hey whatever :)

Great idea!!!

Wipe all nations from the server, and let´s make a great, happy red map where Britain rules the waves!!!, Let's see how much fun you have trading fish meat and drinking tea by yourselves.

Really, you should think twice before starting to type this kind of ideas. It just gives us a measure of your quality as a person, and as a player, which I'm afraid is not very high.

Thank God the majority of players in this game are reasonable and mature people that have realized this game is about naval combat, not territorial annexation or national humiliation. In order to have fun, we need as many other players from other factions as possible. If I could not go visit our Dutch friends in Wilhemstadt, or the British traders off Jamaica... If i did not have the pleasure of intercepting them off Havana when they come visit us, the game would be dead for me, so I want all nations to be strong, active and picking on each other constantly.

As I said, think hard before you put these things in writing.

Sincerely.

Brigadier Don Sancho Navarro

That's coming from the people that called their campaign make Britain quit? Did that bother you and all your friends when you were winning? To hell with peace, it wont last long anyway I hope. All you diplos are trying to turn the game into a boring PVE server with the odd arranged combat. Its not what I paid my money for.

• Like 1

Does anyone think the Danes Pirates and Spanish would of offered Britain terms once they had half of Jamaica? I think not. The Spanish should be wiped from the map just like the Pirates, and when that is done, all eyes should turn east and give the French their just deserts along with the Danes. [..]

Even if it were possible (which it probably isn't) the Early Access run has shown that your behavior is bad for the community and people will quit. Who are you going to play with once you have vanquished everyone?

A wise man once said that you should always be careful not making yourself a prisoner of your own actions.

• Like 5