Game-Labs Forum

Official approvement of the Three Admirals Treaty by the Dutch Nation High Council

Dick Brave

Today the honourable

Dutch Nation High Council 

consisting of the representatives of the Clans 

XIX, ARSE, ASEET, PVP, WOLF, 7UP, PPP, VAVI, DAS, Gh0st, PFK

has decided to ratify the 

Three Admirals Treaty

in order to establish a PvP Zone around the island of Hispaniola and to assure some good PvP action

within the next weeks until the pending Diplomacy Patch will be rolled out.

We, the Dutch Nation High Council, hope that this decision will be the basis for good PvP and 

Port-Battle action for everyone and therefore will be appreciated by the whole community.

Furthermore the Dutch Nation High Council places huge importance on ensuring our friendship to the U.S. Nation. 

Hereby, the Dutch Nation refreshes their profession to stand with the U.S. Nation against any

aggressor and offers to express our long term faithful friendship in concluding a formal alliance.

gallery_21363_381_38405.png

• Like 7

So, for the record to avoid the confusion of the previous thread - it has now been ratified by all involved parties (Brits / Spaniards) as well?

So, for the record to avoid the confusion of the previous thread - it has now been ratified by all involved parties (Brits / Spaniards) as well?

This is only the announcement of the Dutch Nation approval. As far as I know by now the British Nation and the Spanish Nation have not finally confirmed - which might be because of the missing Dutch approval so far.

We expect the British and Spanish to approve the Treaty soon. 

• Like 2

hay mates, can you explain to me how this fits well with the defensive pact with US. If I am not mistaken you will be compelled to help US against Spain since they are at war and take each other ports (BTW the war was declared by US, so - for sake of precision - actually there was no act of aggression on the side of Spain). 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

The Dutch High Council has decided to help the US, should the Spanisch attack their waters. We would do that within the bounds of this Treaty.

And "their waters" what does exactly mean?

I.E. Spain took back la anguilla ... is this attacking US waters?

And if spain takes back Carahatas is this attacking US waters?

Just to know

Well i believe that DAS and ARSE voted against the treaty so i don't why DAS and ARSE both aprove the treaty whilst they both disagreed with it

Voting and abiding by a treaty are two separate things.

hay mates, can you explain to me how this fits well with the defensive pact with US. If I am not mistaken you will be compelled to help US against Spain since they are at war and take each other ports (BTW the war was declared by US, so - for sake of precision - actually there was no act of aggression on the side of Spain).

Who declared war on who? Spain declared the war and initiated hostilities.

• Like 1

Well i believe that DAS and ARSE voted against the treaty so i don't why DAS and ARSE both aprove the treaty whilst they both disagreed with it

This thread does not state that DAS or ARSE agreed or disagreed. The council as a whole agreed to this descision, the council consisting of all the clans stated above. 

Unless DAS is hereby officially renouncing the council and going rogue, it will have to abide by the treaty, regardless of whether DAS voted for or against. That is simply the way it works and you know it damn well.

In fact Pietje, I'm really starting to question your integrity as a Dutch diplomat. Seeing as the Dutch council in a majority vote has now ratified the treaty, you as a Dutch diplomat should not be speaking against it, regardless of your personal feelings for the person who wrote it.

Together with your very public airing of what should have been private council business, I and several others are starting to question your suitability as a diplomat, as I daresay the Dutch council will no doubt do too.

• Like 4

As members of the Dutch Council, participating clan representatives have to abide by the outcome of a council vote (regardless of whether they are in favour of or against certain decisions as individuals).

To avoid confusion, I suggest the council further stipulates how voting works; e.g. is just a majority, or a 2/3rd majority necessary?

However, the council voted yay with overwhelming majority, so that is not the issue in this particular case.

It is correct, that DAS and ARSE voted against that treaty. Nevertheless DAS and ARSE are valuable members of the Dutch Nation High council and attended that particular meeting and therefore they were listed as participating members in this official announcement. The Dutch Nation High Council voted for the Treaty during that meeting with a huge majority. 

From my understanding it is the nature of being part of such a democratic organisation to accept and to support majority decisions even when they don't reflect ones belief.

I would have loved to have the U.S. Nation participating in that treaty directly. However, I believe that we found a practical compromise and therefore I accepted it - but I don't love it.

It is like Otto von Bismarck said: Politics is the art of the possible.

Edit: I want to add at this point that I would consider it as a pity if DAS and ARSE leave the Dutch Nation High Council. I believe that now is the time to take responsibility, seriously and mature. The Naval Action community needs some experienced old chaps like a lot of DAS and ARSE player are.

So I kindly ask you to stay within the Dutch Nation High Council, clear all your differences with other clans and personal disputes and be what you deserve: A valuable, reliable and accepted member of the Dutch Nation High Council.

Edited by Dick Brave
  • Like 2

The British nation would like to pay the Dutch council and all its clans the utmost respect for its efforts. We sincerely hope that any internal differences of opinion shall be resolved. Every single one of you are great guys with a good sense of humor and descent morals. I hope it works out. 

Having that said I hope to continue to meet you guys both in-game and in meetings on TS. Gods Speed Captains!

Edited by Gooneybird

After conquering ports near our capital the US is willing to talk, would you imagine the terms?

The Dutch came in aid of the British because several enemy ports where very close to Kingston. We are trying to get some area secured for our players, why the british can and we cant?

The terms we have offered you, time and time again, are the following: We keep Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas, you keep La Anguilla and Cayo del Sal, and we'd return Carahatas as well. This seems exceedingly fair to me. Not sure about you.

We have made this offer time and time again, yet we are faced with a stern "we are not willing to speak with the United States at this time" or an unyielding "give us Tortugas and Vacas". We have offered a fair compromise, yet the irrational Spanish refuse to accept even that.

We are told by the Spanish that Las Tortugas and Cayo Vacas are too close to the Spanish mainland, but Islamorada and Mimbres are as close, if not closer, than those two ports (around 10-12 minutes sail at 19 kts). Not only that, but Cayo Vacas is a short distance from our ports (think less than 5 minutes at 9 kts), cuts off our supply line between the West and East Coast of Florida, and cuts us off from the free port of Key West.  This is clearly unacceptable. We would be ceding the losing party in the war a serious strategic advantage, which is absurd.

I resent this. Hostilities began when Spain violated their territorial agreement with the United States after taking the West Coast of Florida. We had a longstanding agreement, not unlike our current borders. Spain broke that agreement and took rightful American ports lost temporarily to the pirate menace.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 1

After conquering ports near our capital the US is willing to talk, would you imagine the terms?

The Dutch came in aid of the British because several enemy ports where very close to Kingston. We are trying to get some area secured for our players, why the british can and we cant?

There was once a spanish fleet attacking ports at south cuba ... the rest is history.

And I guess it was spain who attacked US ports first. US were allied with brits and you knew that and ignored that fact.

And for your short time memory you tried to destroy US with your allied pirates and captured all ports at south and west florida. And you really blame them for attacking ports near your capital?

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 2

And for your short time memory you tried to destroy US with your allied pirates and captured all ports at south and west florida. And you really blame them for attacking ports near your capital?

THIS! THIS SUMS THE SITUATION UP PERFECTLY! We attacked ports near your capital with the express intention of showing you that the United States will not stand by idly as it is betrayed and back-stabbed by a nation it had spent months currying favor to, to improve relations. We have no intentions of actually keeping those ports. If it secures peace so that Spain can rebuild and be healthy when the diplo patch rolls around, I bet we would be more than happy to return them.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 1

I wish our diplomats would STOP offering ports to the Spanish who refuse to even talk to us. They are offering us nothing but contempt -- stop dealing with them until they at least try to fake negotiating in good faith..

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 2