Game-Labs Forum

Official approvement of the Three Admirals Treaty by the Dutch Nation High Council

Dick Brave

hay mates, can you explain to me how this fits well with the defensive pact with US. If I am not mistaken you will be compelled to help US against Spain since they are at war and take each other ports (BTW the war was declared by US, so - for sake of precision - actually there was no act of aggression on the side of Spain). 

The three Admirals Treaty defines a NON-Port-Pattle Zone for the British, Dutch and Spanish around Cuba and Jamaica with the Dutch in between as a Buffer as well as a NON-Port-Battle Zone for The British and Spanish for thier ports in middle America. 

It does explicitly allow any Open World PvP action everywhere at any time. It also does not deny any Port-Battle action outside these territories.

The Dutch Nation will be able to support their U.S. friends defending their territories in any way, except taking Spanish ports inside the territories of the Three Admirals Treaty, within the boundaries of that treaty. And we are ready to stand for that. To make that clear to everyone, the Dutch Nation High Council has decided to offer their U.S. to seal their old friendship by an official alliance treaty. 

THIS! THIS SUMS THE SITUATION UP PERFECTLY! We attacked ports near your capital with the express intention of showing you that the United States will not stand by idly as it is betrayed and back-stabbed by a nation it had spent months currying favor to, to improve relations. We have no intentions of actually keeping those ports. If it secures peace so that Spain can rebuild and be healthy when the diplo patch rolls around, I bet we would be more than happy to return them.

This acusations crossing is useless. What is we will do? Remain quiet and ignore you constants attacks over ports in north Cuba? And by the way, why we must consider all the ports in Florida "USA home waters"? Only because a old of our diplomatics (a man actually not play the game) acept this? It's very funny that some USA players consider "irrational" our demands. From my point of view your demands are irrationals also. So?

Your diplomat said me: you cannot  be concerned about we maintain Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas, once a peace agreement will signed, the possesion of this ports will not menace your ports in north Cuba. Well, my answer is: IF we signed a peace agreement, THEN OUR possesion of Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas nor will a threat to USA. Your capital is very far in the north, Havana is very close to those ports. 

Really demand Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas is a "irrational" demand? 

The three Admirals Treaty defines a NON-Port-Pattle Zone for the British, Dutch and Spanish around Cuba and Jamaica with the Dutch in between as a Buffer as well as a NON-Port-Battle Zone for The British and Spanish for thier ports in middle America. 

It does explicitly allow any Open World PvP action everywhere at any time. It also does not deny any Port-Battle action outside these territories.

The Dutch Nation will be able to support their U.S. friends defending their territories in any way, except taking Spanish ports inside the territories of the Three Admirals Treaty, within the boundaries of that treaty. And we are ready to stand for that. To make that clear to everyone, the Dutch Nation High Council has decided to offer their U.S. to seal their old friendship by an official alliance treaty. 

thanks for the explanation

Because it is, again as I've said before would you accept another holding Mantua and Corrientes diving Cuba in half from your capital? Not only that but possessing those ports gives the occupant a short range spring board against the separated half. 

And the argument of them being so close to the Spanish capital is not a very good argument either as it would be just as easy to strike from Islamadora. For Spain the possession of these two ports merely gives a place to pull flags to attack from and very little defensive value. 

Because it is, again as I've said before would you accept another holding Mantua and Corrientes diving Cuba in half from your capital? Not only that but possessing those ports gives the occupant a short range spring board against the separated half. 

And the argument of them being so close to the Spanish capital is not a very good argument either as it would be just as easy to strike from Islamadora. For Spain the possession of these two ports merely gives a place to pull flags to attack from and very little defensive value. 

And again, as i said before that.....why the possesion of Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas "give the occupant a short range spring board against the separated half" IF the possible peace treaty negates those attacks?

This is an endless game.

And again, as i said before that.....why the possesion of Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas "give the occupant a short range spring board against the separated half" IF the possible peace treaty negates those attacks?

This is an endless game.

First, the Treaty proposal does not prevent those attacks. I don't see any mention of the U.S. ports being off limits in this treaty do you? The U.S. clans would not have been against being part of the armistice but the Spanish clans absolutely refused to include the U.S. clans into it.

Second, the Spanish clans have never kept their promises to the U.S. clans before. Their clans have promised one thing and then when one clan decided otherwise their only answer was "They aren't part of the Council anymore" all while their own clan members joined in on the attacks and then signed on into helping the pirates in their assault. The last time Tortugas was in Spanish possession and was agreed to be turned over to the U.S. it wasn't, and then it was used as a spring board to take all off western Florida while we were cut off by the pirates.

Simply put the U.S. player base no longer has any trust in the word of Spanish clans.

• Like 1

First, the Treaty proposal does not prevent those attacks. I don't see any mention of the U.S. ports being off limits in this treaty do you? The U.S. clans would not have been against being part of the armistice but the Spanish clans absolutely refused to include the U.S. clans into it.

Second, the Spanish clans have never kept their promises to the U.S. clans before. Their clans have promised one thing and then when one clan decided otherwise their only answer was "They aren't part of the Council anymore" all while their own clan members joined in on the attacks and then signed on into helping the pirates in their assault. The last time Tortugas was in Spanish possession and was agreed to be turned over to the U.S. it wasn't, and then it was used as a spring board to take all off western Florida while we were cut off by the pirates.

Simply put the U.S. player base no longer has any trust in the word of Spanish clans.

Well. If the general position of the USA players are the same, then War. No problem with that. Anyway, IMHO, when the three most populated factions on the server (British, Dutch and USA), all of them allied against the spanish, i think their intention is very clear, kick us from the server and play without us. Must be the spanish trust in the "good intentions" of the other factions? In this moment i cannot trust also in reach a agreement.

Seeing that discussion between Spain and U.S. a simple idea came to my mind - to be honest, it isn't my idea since it is just a copy of what have been already negotiated in the Three Admirals Treaty between the Dutch, the Spanish and the Brits: A Buffer Zone!

What if a Buffer Zone will be established between the U.S. territory in Florida and the Spanish territory at Cuba just like the Buffer-Zone between Jamaica and Cuba in the South.

This Buffer Zone could include the ports Mimbres, La Anguilla, Cayo del Sal, Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas. The U.S. would give back the ports at Cuba to the Spanish an both sides could agree on a NON-Port-Battle Zone in Cuba and Florida as well as the Bahamas and the Spanish territories at Yucatan. 

This looks to me like it could be a practical compromise and would probably allow to extend the Three Admirals Treaty to a Four Admirals Treaty having the U.S. aside.

After that we could skip all this bitchfighting on the forum and go back to lot of PvP and PortBattle action around Hispaniola. :D

Just a simple and rough idea - Thanks god, I'm not a diplomat.

defense-large.jpg

Apparently on embarking new sailors at willemstad today this is all that is available.. ;)

LMAO

Seriously I won't suggest that the northern Buffer-Zone is under Dutch control. I thought about Sweden because they're friendly/neutral with both parties. So - finally it would be a Five Admirals Treaty... uh. Or maybe a second Three Admirals Treaty between U.S., Spain and Sweden... oh, my head is aching. I'm afraid that I hereby proved that I'm not able to be a diplomat :P

I should better shut up and so I'll do now.

So far, better waters to do that are arround coquibacoa......

Everytime I see Spanish there they are either running or waiting in 1-Click Hiding In Port distance outside Coquibacoa for lonely traders.

So how about stop all that bullshitting, sign the treaty, find a compromise with the U.S. and meet for good fights at Hispaniola for the next week until a Diplo-Patch and probably a Port-Wipe?

Yawn, this is so boring. And why are USA players crying so much about a treaty that has nothing to do with them?

same reason Spanish were crying about official alliance declaration between Britain and US

What was the post your clan mate posted and you liked

2 reasons

1 I can

2 I want

Spanish Hypocrisy

Its not mad... Its stupid.... Futile.... Nobody is there.... All are on holidays..you can not expect that the factions have enough representation to make decisions that affect everyone... This is my personal point of view of course. I think the forum is the funniest part of the game now....... XD

Edited by Alvar Fanez de Minaya

Reply .. That was a bug and I reported it. Of course the British always like to have the lopsided advantage.

Devs fixed bug and gave me a brand new pavel.

You will lose that soon if you dont stop :P Edited by D4mi4n

This acusations crossing is useless. What is we will do? Remain quiet and ignore you constants attacks over ports in north Cuba? And by the way, why we must consider all the ports in Florida "USA home waters"? Only because a old of our diplomatics (a man actually not play the game) acept this? It's very funny that some USA players consider "irrational" our demands. From my point of view your demands are irrationals also. So?

Your diplomat said me: you cannot  be concerned about we maintain Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas, once a peace agreement will signed, the possesion of this ports will not menace your ports in north Cuba. Well, my answer is: IF we signed a peace agreement, THEN OUR possesion of Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas nor will a threat to USA. Your capital is very far in the north, Havana is very close to those ports. 

And why should USA consider some ports east of Habana as "spain homewaters"? Explain it to me. Cause one of your "old diplomatics" said this? Sorry I just smell some major bullshit in your statement.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

First, this thread really isn't about the US other than our friends the Dutch have affirmed their commitment to us and their willingness to act as allies in our defense. I thank them for this proclamation and we will follow suit with our own before to long.

The forums are the worst place to attempt negotiations and I will not take part in arguments with players that have no say in national politics. If it is important enough to discuss then our TS is always open to diplomats from any faction including the pirates.

Spain and the US are unique in the placement of the ports that they have possessed from nearly the beginning of the map. Much like the Swedes and their neighbors, there is a constant threat from each other due to the close proximity and design of the land mass or the valuable strategic points that certain ports provide. The only way Spain could maintain a valuable buffer with us would be if they had the bottom third of Florida therefore a demand for Cayo Vacas and Las Tortugas is a simple port grab. The Spanish player base must understand that the US and Spain had a treaty that defined our territories precisely. After that treaty was put into effect the US never violated it. They totally honored it. Spain then violated this treaty by siding with the pirates and taking possession of ports agreed to by our treaty to be ours. So now, in the forums, you see many US players speaking of "being stabbed in the back" by the Spanish and now you know why. The Spanish have proven in recent times and with their current leadership to be untrustworthy. I think a reasonable minded person on either side can respect the US's decision to not allow them ports that would allow them to split our nation in two.

• Like 3