Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.93 - Bucentaure, acceleration rework and many other things

admin

Hello All ! 

sorry if anybody asking before , but what happened with Santa Cecilia frigate ? ( 2 days before was craftable ) i dont see  she in crafting menü anymore . She was not good balanced or what? what the plan with Cecilia towards ?

If you make it easy to change then it will be like every other mmo that lets you respec cheap. Captains will simply respec before each thing they do to obtain perfect set up each time and will lead to just cookie cutter captains instead of unique captains.

The perks are super easy to understand so messing up should be at a minimum.

Imho i think its fine. I dont want everything to be cheap and easy.

That's why I wrote make it like World of Warcraft. You can change your skills whenever you want but each time it gets more and more expensive. You can't expect that every player finds the perks for his playstyle at the first attempt. Especially since we got more perks now and we will probably get even more. And the ones we already have will also get some changes.

You will still have captains with unique perks but you will always find captains with the same perks cause it's just the way it is like in every MMO game. But you can't force players to play with a messed up perk setup.

And it's still possible to mess up his setup. I already did with the very first. I thought it's a good idea to have but never had to use it so it's useless and would try and like someone wrote before TEST something different. There is no need for such penalty since we should try and test as many perks as possible. For me I will keep my useless setup because I am not going to get those 3 ranks back since my officer is just on rank 4.

Is this an MMO fantasy gaming or an open sandbox with the ambition of being "realistic" ??

I´d disable any respec. What is this supposed to be. I am a dedicated Pirate and it took me a while to "master" my pirate ships (6 points).

And then out of a suddeen I "forgot" about everything I learned and are reborn as a fisherman ???

Immersion factor = 0

Go the hard way, no respec.

Also, officers life maybe limited to fewer lifes.

Give him 1 life, you don´t need to worry, you will be able to respec soon.

Why not try the hard way?

Only few players should make it to rank 10.

Limit officer rank grind gained by PvE and connect it more to PvP.

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

I've removed a TON of off topic posts from this thread.

The topic is - direct feedback on the patch.  Not some feature you'd like to promote, not "OMG the game is dying!!!1111!!!11", not "I tried to help new players and they left."

Give feedback on the patch features themselves only please.

Further off topic discussions will result in warnings.

-------------

A reminder for folks just joining this thread - the Santa Cecilia BP was mistakenly added this patch cycle - it has since been removed.  Patience please while the ship continues through the balancing and testing cycle.  Those who were able to build/capture the ship prior to its removal are encouraged to sail it and provide feedback on its performance, strengths, and weaknesses.

I've removed a TON of off topic posts from this thread.

The topic is - direct feedback on the patch.  Not some feature you'd like to promote, not "OMG the game is dying!!!1111!!!11", not "I tried to help new players and they left."

Give feedback on the patch features themselves only please.

Further off topic discussions will result in warnings.

-------------

A reminder for folks just joining this thread - the Santa Cecilia BP was mistakenly added this patch cycle - it has since been removed.  Patience please while the ship continues through the balancing and testing cycle.  Those who were able to build/capture the ship prior to its removal are encouraged to sail it and provide feedback on its performance, strengths, and weaknesses.

on its preformance lastnight sailing it with my surprise fleet was able to get it to do 11.6(i have a gold copper platings) at 90 degrees and 11.8 at 135(in a port it shows it will do 12) feels alittle squishy only because mine is basic and made of teak(all i had the level to do) weaknesses id have to say the fact its low armor dont seem to bounce alot of shots vs other frigates

strengths of it how it is now able to do almost top end at 90 degrees fact that it has nose guns and stern guns and a 12lb gundeck compaired to the surps 9s

• Like 1

i don't know about you folks, but since i took the Fisherman perk, i am actually fishing worse than before.

My clanmembers are getting multiple Sealed bottles per day, while i only had 1 since the patch...

I feel as if the drop chance is poorly distributed among players...

I am wondering about this as well. You are not the first person to suggest that the perk is bugged.

RNG chance got a huge buff for bottles again, with the recent patch. It just seems odd to me that they would have made a perk that increases fishing odds, when I'm already catching bottles faster than I can find the shipwrecks, and I don't even have the fisherman perk.

It kind of makes the fishing perk irrelevant. I think it is a good idea for a perk, but with the odds of finding a bottle being increased again, it is not as useful as it could be.

Edited by ajffighter86

when I'm already catching bottles faster than I can find the shipwrecks, and I don't even have the fisherman perk.

Same here. Stockpiling bottles - pls reduce that chance!

Finding a bottle once in a few days in enough. 

All in all the patch is pretty good.

• Leaks adjusted for all vessels

What does that exactly mean?

Since the patch I did notice a strange behaviour - It seems that even a good broadside at water line height might cause now no leaks at all while badly aimed broadsides can cause 5 leaks or more. Is there a great amount of randomness now? I don't know how to judge this because I have no clue what the patch exactly changed ...

• Like 1

Oh - and what about OW speed? Yesterday I got tagged in my frigate by a rattlesnake - this is no surprise of course, but the surprise was indeed that he had a consti as fleet - I think OW speed should depend on the slowest ship in the fleet, shoudn't it?

• Like 4

Got 4 bottles drop in a bit less than one hour today, all collected in less than 1h30 ( one tp to capital from an outpost to craft an upgrade to a guy in between ) , this is all loot i got from them ( outside fish meat of course ) : 

835046Client2016080113003905cr.png

3 days ago i got two bottle jump into my ship in not even 4 minutes ... I bought maybe 10 gold upgrades last 3-4 days from the NPC market at prices not even covering the cost of one mid grade note , boarding parties gold at 22k for example, reinforced sails at 28600, reinforced rudder at 51645 and so on  ...

The RNg is this game is not working well, how to RNG and make it less silly and also fair for all : 

- Base bottles drops on the travel XP we get, 

- Let's say we get a chance to get a bottle between 1000 to 1500 or even 2000 travel xp collected,

- one player could get a bottle after accumulating 1001 travel xp, another after cumulating 1499 travel xp or at 1900 travel xp cumulated,

- Once a bottle drops it resets the travel xp counter and restart it from zero.

All players will have equal guaranteed chances, some will be more more lucky and get a bottle just after reaching 1000 travel xp, others a bit less lucky and get it at 1500 or 1900 travel xp.

No more 4 bottles drops in one hour, no more getting 2 bottles in less then 4 minutes, no more some getting 5 bottles a day when some traveling the same distances gets nothing at all and still RNG with a bit of luck involved ...

Of course it's up to the dev's to select at which rate the bottles drop by adjusting the travel xp range where the bottles drop , can be 1000 to 1500 or more or less but right now it feels absurd , and not only since last patch but it was already possible to get 2 bottles in few minutes before this last patch.

Thanks .

• Like 2

i am a bit confused about the new surrender. Fire I understand, one is on fire or not. But sinking, am I sinking, the moment I start taking of water, a quarter, Half?

It's a simple implementation that does not require new mechanics. If water in your hold is increasing in any amount, then you can't surrender, just like you can't leave battle. If you are pumping water out faster than it is coming in, you can surrender, even if you are half full. If surrender is allowed while water is still increasing, everyone would surrender with quarter or half flooding and no one would ever get a prize, because the ship will continue to sink after surrender.

A more nuanced implementation would require new mechanics for what happens to the ship after surrender.

any color so long as its not pink im fine with just hope these so called historical pallets have usa colors :l or let us usa players(nation) make our own

I hope you are NOT talking about painting the connie in national USA flag colours? That would start to get anime.

• Like 3

I hope you are NOT talking about painting the connie in national USA flag colours? That would start to get anime.

no haha im talkin about if they released historical colors for ships like a black and red i seen somewhere for usa id paint myships that color maybe have different virations of said reds  like org red then maybe a bright red or a dark red

that and if they did let us make our own id prob have a ship with different shades of red like a brighter red for a hull color followed by a more darker shade of red to accent it on the trim

Edited by delaine

It should be but its not implemented.

I thought it was that way, and always had been where AI fleet ships were concerned?

on its preformance lastnight sailing it with my surprise fleet was able to get it to do 11.6(i have a gold copper platings) at 90 degrees and 11.8 at 135(in a port it shows it will do 12) feels alittle squishy only because mine is basic and made of teak(all i had the level to do) weaknesses id have to say the fact its low armor dont seem to bounce alot of shots vs other frigates

strengths of it how it is now able to do almost top end at 90 degrees fact that it has nose guns and stern guns and a 12lb gundeck compaired to the surps 9s

My exceptional build strength teak got some decent action over the weekend, acting as tag ship on a Bucentaure and a Constitution. Also got into a fight against a Constitution, 3rd rate, and Trincomalee (mentioned in my first post in the thread) and while she's slow close hauled she's great everywhere else. 12pd longs plus 24pd carronades were doing quite a number on the Trincomalee.

Regarding bottles. I think the drop rate got bumped up again, or karma's kicking in from a week and a half with 2 bottles to show for it. I've found 9 bottles this weekend, in a total of about 8 hours of play. I can't use them faster than I find them at this rate.

I thought it was that way, and always had been where AI fleet ships were concerned?

My exceptional build strength teak got some decent action over the weekend, acting as tag ship on a Bucentaure and a Constitution. Also got into a fight against a Constitution, 3rd rate, and Trincomalee (mentioned in my first post in the thread) and while she's slow close hauled she's great everywhere else. 12pd longs plus 24pd carronades were doing quite a number on the Trincomalee.

Regarding bottles. I think the drop rate got bumped up again, or karma's kicking in from a week and a half with 2 bottles to show for it. I've found 9 bottles this weekend, in a total of about 8 hours of play. I can't use them faster than I find them at this rate.

i may have to try the 24lb carros on mine havent mixed and matched in a wile and i plain on building a gold one(now that i actualy have the level to) when they rerelease her but ya abit slow close hull but amazing everywhere else also i noticed that in most instances depending on how fast your goin you dont need to manual skipper though the wind 

When an asset wipe happens to fix the damage bottles have cause to the game, the following should be changed:

1) Bottle system should be changed from a generic RNG to something else (I got 20+ bottles in the last 24 hours and other people only get 1?  Broken system.)

2) Bottle outfitting rewards be more random; sometimes you should get an outfitting / sometimes not, and it should range from blue to gold with gold being rare.

3) Labor hour contracts should be more rare (or simply not drop from bottles and be gotten by some other mechanism).

As it is now, I have 2 warehouses full of gold mods I won't ever use, millions of gold I won't ever spend, and stockpiles of labor contracts I save for when a new ship is introduced :/

• Like 2